**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

358,508 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Breggy Popup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Yes. That song gets me hype every single week.
Hell it is on my playlist while I am cooking!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I have a question for those who know the geography of the show. Are Westeros and Essos countries with many cities or are they continents? If continents, could there be perhaps others ones? I was discussing this with a friend and had a disagreement. Thanks!
I read last night that there is a third continent more akin to Africa south of there.

well i'm torn here...this is the show thread and you are asking for book information.

Certainly not anything i would consider spoilery....but people on here get pissed about the littlest things sometimes.

CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
re Dorne: probably the first place Dany lands. She thinks she'll have plenty of support there given the new queen and their families' histories.

This brings up an interesting point. She wants to cross the narrow sea, but is she sending out any emissaries? Anybody to gauge what the people of Westeros are thinking? Who would be the most receptive, etc.

ummmm.....she's a conqueror not a diplomat.

plus you know....the element of surprise. she isn't going to tell them oh hey by the way my ships are coming and we are going to land here. get ready.

this is like normandy on d-day....bring the entire fleet but don't tell them where you are going. make them guard the entire coastline.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Tell you what rather than post here I'll just give you a link - this is to an explanation of the "Known World" and talks about only Geography of the Game of Thrones world.

So really there are no plot elements and certainly no spoilers....but no guarantees if you click any of the embedded links within it.

But you can then read the few descriptions there and click on the most recent map to see what it all looks like and relative scale.

Alternately there is a "show only" map of the known world but it is much less descriptive and only includes places seen or mentioned on the show. The map is not even very well marked (limited I mean).

safe GOT show only map:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/World_Map_(HBO_Game_Of_Thrones)

But if you really want info go here.....
***WARNING NO SPOILERS HERE BUT DON'T CLICK IT AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT SPOILERS***
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Known_world

I'd love to explain more than what is even there but.....I dare not.

TomHagensWife
Thank you, that answered my question. I just looked at the maps but didn't read the links. I want the show to surprise me and I can't talk to my book reader friends because they always want to add little details I didn't ask for.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Yes. That song gets me hype every single week.
This. Even when I marathon it, I don't skip it. Ever.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Thank you, that answered my question. I just looked at the maps but didn't read the links. I want the show to surprise me and I can't talk to my book reader friends because they always want to add little details I didn't ask for.

sure. I was tempted to just post the map picture. It really does explain a lot without any spoilers.

LHIOB
AG
http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-syrio-theory/3/
bobinator
AG
With all of the rumors out there I'm starting to wonder if killing of Jon Snow at the end of the season was actually a smokescreen to cover bringing back other characters. With all of the "IS KIT HARINGTON AT THE FILMING SITE?!?!" stuff going on, nobody was paying attention to other actors who might have been around.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
With all of the rumors out there I'm starting to wonder if killing of Jon Snow at the end of the season was actually a smokescreen to cover bringing back other characters. With all of the "IS KIT HARINGTON AT THE FILMING SITE?!?!" stuff going on, nobody was paying attention to other actors who might have been around.
Well considering book Jon Snow had been killed for 4 years before show Jon Snow had been killed, I doubt it was an intentional smokescreen move. Perhaps it was a convenient distraction though.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

bobinator
AG
Well I don't mean actually killing him, they had to do that I imagine, I mean more like the cliffhanger of it, having it be the end of one season so that it's the only thing talked about all summer.
Swarely
quote:
http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-syrio-theory/3/

If you don't watch previews for the next episode don't click that link. If you do watch them, then go ahead.
Swarely
quote:
quote:
quote:
re Dorne: probably the first place Dany lands. She thinks she'll have plenty of support there given the new queen and their families' histories.

This brings up an interesting point. She wants to cross the narrow sea, but is she sending out any emissaries? Anybody to gauge what the people of Westeros are thinking? Who would be the most receptive, etc.

ummmm.....she's a conqueror not a diplomat.

plus you know....the element of surprise. she isn't going to tell them oh hey by the way my ships are coming and we are going to land here. get ready.

this is like normandy on d-day....bring the entire fleet but don't tell them where you are going. make them guard the entire coastline.

If you were going to invade a kingdom wouldn't you ask around through back channels to see who might want you to land in their area (reorne) rather than just land somewhere? And of course she isn't a diplomat. That why I asked about emissaries. Do you know what an emissary is?
bobinator
AG
Isn't that basically Varys' job? to know who's on whose team?
Swarely
I was under the impression that he lost all his little birds when he fled with the murderer of the King and the Hand of the King.
bobinator
AG
Maybe in King's Landing, but is there reason to think he doesn't still have an ear to the ground everywhere else?
Swarely
Good point. But they haven't referenced it or anything.
boogieman
AG
I think the dragons will be negotiating the landing on Westeros for Danny.
Independent George
AG
I cant wait for Tyrion to get some sweet revenge on Cerci when they do ride in on some mother f'n dragons. May not go that route but would be satisfying none the less.
HDeathstar
quote:
quote:

But then who do you think he was going to kill at the wall?

Maester Aemon

Samwell Tarly
HDeathstar
What happened to the Iron Bank?
They kept building it up for a season, and then it disappeared out of the story line.
bobinator
AG
They're controlling the walker army since basically everyone owes them money now.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, Varys would be instrumental in knowing the best landing spot for Dani. I don't think he needs his birds to know what family is in power of which region. Sure, things are still moving, but in general I would expect Varys to help Dani navigate the opening scene of her return to Westeros.
double aught
AG
quote:
I finally watched it last night. Two initial thoughts:

1) Was this the first time we've had a cold open? Meaning the scene with the hound before the opening credits?

2) Watching those pilgrims struggle with those relatively small logs seemed so unrealistic. Just needed some Aggies to get those logs swamped.
I think Tywin melting down Ned's sword into two swords was a cold open.
CubbieAggie
AG
It was. From doing a quick search, there have been 4 cold opens I've found so far:
1) Pilot
2) Tywin melting Ice into two swords
3) Cersei's flashback
4) The hound
DB Coach
AG
quote:
I was also a bit confused until you could hear the music. It was sort of an upbeat version of the main theme
I could be wrong, but has the main theme ever been used in an episode like this? I don't remember ever hearing it before this episode.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:
I was also a bit confused until you could hear the music. It was sort of an upbeat version of the main theme
I could be wrong, but has the main theme ever been used in an episode like this? I don't remember ever hearing it before this episode.
In the soundtracks for the seasons, there are quite a few songs that are similar to the main theme (usually much slower and depressing though), so I assume they've been featured in the show at some point.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Awesome scene
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Tonight's title has me doubly intrigued in regards to all the Arya theories, though I've avoided reading anything about it.

"No One."
Sentinel
AG
Usually the title is a theme that can be applied to multiple characters. Might be interesting to see how that plays out.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Tonight's title has me doubly intrigued in regards to all the Arya theories, though I've avoided reading anything about it.

"No One."

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I don't know why I'm hoping it's not that, but I better be getting some answers in 2 hours.
Swarely
I'm ready for this ****.

double aught
AG
I'll be pretty disappointed if you guys are right about this Arya Fight Club stuff. Seems pretty stupid to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.