**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,701 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's going to be awesome to see who they serve when Varys gets back.
They're going to murder Varys. Qyburn is feeding them some mind control candy.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?
It looked like complications of childbirth that killed her. Seems to have been pretty common in this time period.
Like Tyrion's mother, also killed in childbirth
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
Hmm...

Thought maybe they showed Varys looking a bit guilty because he is a spy for Dorne?

R + L = J, rings true. However, Lyanna either was raped or made love approx. 9 months before that scene. Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?

To men jumping was the biggest surprise of a show full of surprises. A little trickery leading up the that scene: An implication from the previous episode that Cercei was not happy with Tommen being influenced by the High Sparrow to cease trials by combat implied that Cercei might kill her own son, this intensified when Zombie Zombie Mountain entered Tommens room in a menacing manner. However, ZM was there to protect Tommen from the Fire, which ironically caused him to jump to his death. The constant misdirection was masterful.

9 months until the next installments. If you non readers really care about GOT, I would hope that's enough time for you to read the books and get a more in depth view of what is going on. Non readers seem to announce not only their ignorance, but also their lack of comprehension of the shows finer points with the dopey questions they ask; this is exacerbated by their complaining about book readers when they try to help them. And, to their credit, the book readers do a pretty good job of trying not to act like know-it-all boom readers while helping you morons along...

Actually... That was pretty easy to figure out tommens impending death episodes ago. You're dumb if you didn't see that comming.

And, like many hard working Aggies like myself.I do not have the time to read nor give a **** about the books. I work 80 hours a week these days if I want to know something I go to wiki or another board. You are not smarter than any of us, you just have more time.
Independent George
AG

quote:
R + L = J, rings true. However, Lyanna either was raped or made love approx. 9 months before that scene.
I don't need to read books to figure out that's how a baby is made.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
It's going to be awesome to see who they serve when Varys gets back.
They're going to murder Varys. Qyburn is feeding them some mind control candy.

Bubblegum gang???
Swarely
quote:

quote:
R + L = J, rings true. However, Lyanna either was raped or made love approx. 9 months before that scene.

bobinator
AG
quote:

quote:
Also, since apparently the endless world of details that can only be unlocked by pouring over pages of nonsense about food is so crucial to our understanding of the show, R + L = J isn't necessarily true.

It's probably true, but we only know that (someone) + L = J
Sex Panther
AG

quote:
R + L = J, rings true. However, Lyanna either was raped or made love approx. 9 months before that scene. Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?

For being such a super smart book reader, this sure was a stupid comment
bangobango
AG
quote:
Hmm...

Thought maybe they showed Varys looking a bit guilty because he is a spy for Dorne?

Good God no.

Did you really just post that and then call others out for asking dopey questions?
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Yeah what's amazing about Southlake's post is his glorious condescension towards show-only people (in the show-only thread...) but he does it while simultaneously posting some dumb-as-hell stuff.
Truth
Legal Custodian
AG
We technically don't know if the "=J" is true either, does anyone else think it was a complete coincidence that they showed a close-up of John's face after showing the newborn?
Dro07
AG
quote:
We technically don't know if the "=J" is true either, does anyone else think it was a complete coincidence that they showed a close-up of John's face after showing the newborn?
I mean it happened right before they showed the scene of jon,,, how would that baby be jon if just moments before that it was just born.
culdeus
AG
Was the face Arya used anyone in particular?
Really???
quote:
Was the face Arya used anyone in particular?

It was no one.
mavsfan4ever
AG
My prediction is that Samwell will somehow end up as ruler after everyone else has basically died in the game. No clue how that could happen, but I'm throwing it out there. Maybe after all the wreckage and chaos, the people change and believe that smarts/books are more important for a leader to have than power/brute strength.

culdeus
AG
It's been pretty telegraphed Sam will end up saving the world after Dany fails.
RAT90
AG
This will be the BEST redirection. Here we think Dany and/or Jon will end up at the top, but it will be Sam.
redbaron788
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Also, who cut her?? Could it have been Robert?
It looked like complications of childbirth that killed her. Seems to have been pretty common in this time period.
Like Tyrion's mother, also killed in childbirth

Also like Dany's mother! *gasp*
bobinator
AG
quote:
This will be the BEST redirection. Here we think Dany and/or Jon will end up at the top, but it will be Sam.
It's actually GRRM's own "suck it" to show only people. The show version will end up with a ruler whose only real skill seems to be reading.
RAT90
AG
Sam is killer of white walkers!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Can someone explain to me who stabbed Lyanna in the p***y?

I don't read so good and am not good at figurin stuff out.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
It would seem to make more sense for the Dornish fleet to have joined Dany's fleet en route (why would they travel all the way to Meereen just to backtrack?) but I agree that final scene had a feel of "setting out" to it. Can you imagine having to pose at the front of the ship with Dany every single day? That would get tedious.

"Oh we're doing the pose thing again, okay everyone line up and stare out into the distance."

But we have a lot of people travelling long distances quickly these days. Arya got all the way from Bravos to the Twins.

The time issue that bothers me more than Varys is Jamie. He went from riverrun to the twins and to Kings Landing in the span of a couple of days.

It does make sense because - they did not have enough ships.

Once Dany took the masters ships she asks Tyrion if she has enough ships....and he says maybe. So presumably they needed a few more to be sure.

Jamie's travels are not that far relatively - those are all a few hundred miles apart at most in the middle of Westeros continent.

As for Arya - she left a couple of episodes ago. Braavos is the closest place to Westeros on Essos and especially up north you can sail right in around The Neck and be very close to The Twins.. And it's NOT necessarily linearly parallel anyway. Just because they showed her story arc over 8 episodes up until she left does not mean thats the same time as other things in episode 8. All it means is she left there sometime before showing up at the Twins. they just sometimes choose to show different stories at different times for dramatic license. It is fine as long as nothing is out of order when connected or crossed but you can;t assume any timelines otherwise.

And as for Varys. they showed him in Dorne obviously sometime after the events of KL - because Olenna knew about the slaughter at KL. But then it cuts away and we have scenes in the north (king of the north) and Cersei being crowned which was not necessarily the same day just because she wore the same dress and back to Dany sailing out of Meereen with Dornish ships. WHY do you assume that was just like the next day? It could have been 2 weeks or a month later - there was no context for time given there.

correction on a statement i made....

actually Cersei had on DIFFERENT outfits or accessories at least so any amount of time could have passed before her coronation

Outfit 1 - the day of the trial and KL going BOOM!!!!

Outfit 2 - the Day of her Coronation.

Jamie rides up when the Sept is still smoldering - could have been same day or days later....who knows.
Then the coronation scene again could have been days or even weeks later - just because they did not show her and Jaime talking who knows.

bobinator
AG
I think we've most past that, but good eye
mhayden
quote:

Not sure if joking or not, but I think the assumption is that she had issues with the childbirth.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:

Not sure if joking or not, but I think the assumption is that she had issues with the childbirth.
lololol Might wanna re-calibrate your sarcasm meter. "Who stabbed Lyanna in the p****y?" was a joke.
bobinator
AG
Amazing.
smokeythebear
AG
Pretty ****ty joke, IMO
spanky
AG
I make joke
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Pretty ****ty joke, IMO
He was making fun of the guy talkin **** to non-book readers and then proceeded to ask the dumb question of "who cut Lyanna?" ----"yea, who stabbed her in the p****y?"
mhayden
Danny called me autistic in another thread so maybe I am just too literal to understand sarcasm.
Dro07
AG
Nobody stabbed her. Damn guys we all know its a hatchet wound!
Objective Aggie
AG
Pycelle was a character that seemed really important early on and just kind of withered away.

Remember the scene where he showed all that energy in his private chambers and it seemed he was hiding something?

Then, he disappeared and seemed powerless. And now dead.
HtownAg92
AG
Was he the maester under the Mad King, that the Barartheons / Lannisters inherited? Seems they barely tolerated him and minimized his role. Cersie, Tywin and Tyrion were constantly blowing him off.

We need to see more of his pre-murder prostitute.
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
Pycelle was a character that seemed really important early on and just kind of withered away.

Remember the scene where he showed all that energy in his private chambers and it seemed he was hiding something?

Then, he disappeared and seemed powerless. And now dead.
I agree, and that's fine since they introduced so many more interesting characters. But I always wondered when they were going to get around to telling his story.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
The soundtrack is on Spotify. "Light of the Seven"

Gonna give it a listen to. Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.