**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

359,723 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Yes, I said "come ON is she the terminator?" during that chase scene.

I said "it's just like T2!" Liked the episode fine, though. Jaime Lannister is a great character, and had a great episode, especially the tent scene with Edmure Tully. The wave between him and Brienne at the end was a little cringe-worthy, though.
Seven Costanza
AG
I think the guy getting fingered was Steve Love, a well-known Youtuber that does spot-on impressions of the show's characters. Nice of them to give him a cameo.
Rudyjax
AG
Lol about you guys thinking there was something other than it seemed about Arya. It was obvious what you see is what you get.

unmade bed
quote:
I skipped aggie baseball for this? Worst episode of game of thrones I've seen.

This episode was absolutely **** and definitely worst of the entire series, but you made a good call.

Hound scenes + bron saying **** 15 times in 30 seconds and slapping the squire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aggie baseball
boy09
AG
I think the internet is making all you people jaded. The show will never live up to all the crazy ass theories that are being thrown around.
marble rye
AG
Given the game tonight...he didn't miss anything.
Scotch
AG
Chase scene was like T2, for better or worse, but it did include a nice Godfather oranges fake-out.
PatAg
AG
Still thought this episode was better than the previous 2, imo.
Joan Wilder
AG
Bronn's comments on "are they f$@@ing?" Had me rolling - it was basically stand in for the audience that is shipping her and Jamie or Tormund.

What was in it for Edmure Tully to go along with that ? He takes back his home only to hand it over to the Frey's/Lannisters?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What was in it for Edmure Tully to go along with that ? He takes back his home only to hand it over to the Frey's/Lannisters?
I assumed that doing so means that he and his family get to live.
lne2011
AG
He gets to live and be with his son and wife at Casterly Rock.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
All you guys trying to come up with elaborate theories. I knew all along that Arya just got careless and stabbed. You set yourselves up to be dissapointed.

This episode did suck though for the most part.

No fight at Riverrun. Hound only smashed a couple of guys. Mountain only got one. No trial by combat coming up (prob wont be a trial at all). No fight with the waif. Dani shows up and says nothing. Jokes werent funny.

There was a huge fight with the Waif. You just didnt get to see the end.

Not the best episode but a lot happened. Dany is back and I dont think anyone saw Mereen being attacked. Tommen completely turned on his mother. No trial by combat = shes guilty and theres nothing she can do about it. Beric Donderion is back as is Thiryos, another red priest/priestess. Arya has discovered that she wants to be a Stark and shes headed home with a full ninja skillset. Jamie only cares about one thing and Edmuir is a huge baby. Also Verys is on a mission and he happens to leave just before city is attacked. Pod and Bron together!

It looks like next week will be the one location battle episode.
Madmarttigan
AG
I love how people expect this show to **** awesome every time. Sometimes you have to have a boring episode that breezes through a lot of things.

I've still never been more excited for a season finale than this.
Sex Panther
AG
This board complains about everything
jdls13
AG
I actually thought that episode was great.
Old Army Metal
AG
This and Prometheus are the two most egregious examples of filmmakers trying to gloss over abdominal wounds. How does one get up and run, or do freaking parkour after getting stabbed?

I've strained an abdominal muscle before and I was nearly immobile for like a week. I can't imagine sustaining a puncture wound would be any better.
Madmarttigan
AG
Here we go with your medical nonsense. Next is the guy that says her intestine should be punctured and without antibiotics there is no way she lives.

Definitely was wondering about her miraculous recovery as well but it is TV so I forget quickly.
Rocagnante
AG
I'm chalking it up to adrenaline and lingering effects of milk of poppy. It finally caught up to her when she fell down those stairs.
bobinator
AG
quote:
Lol about you guys thinking there was something other than it seemed about Arya. It was obvious what you see is what you get.
I didn't think it was that obvious. She was being pretty stupid which isn't normally her style.

Someone, maybe here, said something that really made me think it was a misdirection and it was why would Arya pay to upgrade her room for the voyage home? Why would she, basically a trained assassin who's been more or less living on the run since the end of season one, care where she was sleeping?
chipotle
LB12Diamond
AG
So 2 episodes left. Battle for the North next week. Corious what will take place for the last one. Most likely something big in Kings landing from all the build up this season. Maybe something with Dany.
bobinator
AG
The last episode is titled "Winds of Winter." I'm sort of hoping the wall comes down to end the season.
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
I didn't think it was that obvious. She was being pretty stupid which isn't normally her style.

Someone, maybe here, said something that really made me think it was a misdirection and it was why would Arya pay to upgrade her room for the voyage home? Why would she, basically a trained assassin who's been more or less living on the run since the end of season one, care where she was sleeping?

When you grow up with holes in your zaptos
you'd celebrate the minute you was having dough -jay z
Vernada
AG
quote:
So 2 episodes left. Battle for the North next week. Corious what will take place for the last one. Most likely something big in Kings landing from all the build up this season. Maybe something with Dany.

Cersei planning the dragon fire attack on KL?
Independent George
AG
I thought that guy zombie mountain grabbed got off easy for a second there.... then he ripped his head off.
Independent George
AG
Oh she is definitely going to try and burn down the joint with the wild fire.
Vernada
AG
Best line of the night?

'you're sh*t at dying' /hound
Rudyjax
AG
Thinking way too much into it.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Oh she is definitely going to try and burn down the joint with the wild fire.

Agree. Just wonder if they further that this season.
mhayden
The Arya storyline with the faceless men has basically turned out to be a storyline that was a complete waste of time. As Sepinwall put it the show "needed some place to park her until the big battles got going"... Which is fine, but don't bore us with 15 minutes every episode of it. Pod's storyline is more interesting than Arya.
Vernada
AG
quote:
I thought that guy zombie mountain grabbed got off easy for a second there.... then he ripped his head off.

Really wanted to see the Mountain EFF up that entire smug crew.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
The Arya storyline with the faceless men has basically turned out to be a storyline that was a complete waste of time. As Sepinwall put it the show "needed some place to park her until the big battles got going"... Which is fine, but don't bore us with 15 minutes every episode of it. Pod's storyline is more interesting than Arya.

I think it will be one of those WTF plot lines until she goes all water dancing faceless man on Littlefinger and Ramsay.

IMO her story was one of the few that was "different" in that it was about finding herself and not "who am I going to kill/who is going to kill me" every episode.
bobinator
AG
I don't think expecting a trained assassin to not be staring off a bridge into the vast beyond pondering the meaning of life while another trained assassin could be trying to kill her is reading that much into a show that basically begs you to read into everything, but to each their own.

Frankly the Arya story doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother everyone else on here, it's just the way it went down at the end that sort of annoyed me.

The question for me is where does she fit into the big picture?
combat wombat™
AG
Ayra's recovery was miraculous.
Independent George
AG
Cersei is basically the new Mad King if that is her plan. Maybe when Jamie comes back he will end up having to kill her too after she declares she wants to... burn them all.

Or is that too much of a crazy theory for everyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.