**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

360,282 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If you have a force that inferior in numbers, a frontal infantry attack just seems dumb, especially if arrows as artillery can instill that much damage to your ranks. I was kind of hoping for some better tactics than a Picket's charge there from the combined brains of Tormund, Jon and Davos.

They did have a better plan, but that went out the window when Jon saw Rickon shot down and die. Sansa warned Jon not to do what Ramsay wanted him to. Jon didn't listen.
AggieLong
AG
Love the expression on Lady Mormont's face here!

Joan Wilder
AG
True.

Why wouldn't Sansa tell Jon shed summoned the Vale forces? Wouldn't that have been useful news during battle planning?

Love that shot of Lady Mormont.
AgLiving06
quote:
True.

Why wouldn't Sansa tell Jon shed summoned the Vale forces? Wouldn't that have been useful news during battle planning?

My guess is that after LF betrayed her, she doesn't trust anyone.

As I think about it more, I wonder if Jon had consulted her doing the strategy session if she would have told him about the Vale.

Mucho austin
AG
Excellent battle scene. The only thing saving private Ryan has over this one is that SPR really happened. Other than that, best battle I've seen.

Surprised no one has compared the battle with the first battle in Braveheart.
From the cavalry charge to archers (we'll hit theirs as well), I couldn't help but think about it. However, this one was about 10 times better.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
True.

I'm sure Jon will ask her that exact question next episode. If Sansa has learned anything by now, it's that she can only trust herself.
bmf08
Would love to see John Snow and Ramsey's heads superimposed on the scene from Christmas story where Ralphie beats up Scut Farkus.
zgood10
AG
Happy sh*tting!
DannyDuberstein
AG
This series has been fantastic at developing villains.
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
Love the expression on Lady Mormont's face here!

She almost looked like a 40 year old queen in that scene. Interesting girl they got to play her.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Still on pins and needles from the show.
TajMaballer
AG
I didn't sleep well last night.. Kept thinking about gettin trampled. Very strong scene that I never want to watch again, but will probably watch another 20 times for the greatness of the episode.
Swarely
Rickon doing his best Prometheus impression

Duncan Idaho
quote:
Good lord. I thought Jon was going to die getting trampled. That would have been so GRRMartin.

When I was sure he was going to die in the mud, all I could think was "man that sucks, but it is going to awesome on Monday when the internet is going to lose its ****."
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
True.

So I am thinking that she wasn't sure if they would make it on time or even if they would even come.
Swarely
So we haven't heard of any other Boltons apart from Ramsay and Roose right? So House Bolton is no more?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
So we haven't heard of any other Boltons apart from Ramsay and Roose right? So House Bolton is no more?

Sansa pretty much said that.
chipotle
LF probably waited on purpose until jons forces were weakened. It's what I would have done.
TX_AG_10
AG
If Sansa is pregnant the baby would be a Bolton, yes?
chipotle
quote:
Was Yara's line to Dany "I am up for anything"

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
Duncan Idaho
quote:

If she is knocked up she will drink some moon tea and be done with it.
black_hat_ag
quote:
quote:
True.

I'm sure Jon will ask her that exact question next episode. If Sansa has learned anything by now, it's that she can only trust herself.
Jon may have to think about disciplining Sansa for withholding that information. It's always better to have all available information.
Btron
AG
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

gougler08
AG
quote:
meh.
Not trolling, but I thought it was okay, and overall fairly predictable. I guess Bunk's apprehension has wore off on me. We all knew Jon wasn't going to die AGAIN. We all knew the Vale was going to come save the day, and we new Ramsay would die. So overall predictable.

I will say I have never been claustrophobic but I was about to have a panic attack when Jon was getting trampled. Kudos to the director for creating that emotion.

Also big time eye roll and overly cheesy when Yara and Dany "shook hands" reminded me of this...

You're right, they should have just scissored right there
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

IMO the distances travelled are too far for her to be preggers. 1200+ miles from Winterfell to the wall and back. The return trip with an army.

On top of riding around and asking the Northern lords for help.

Assuming she got knocked up the day she escaped, we would still be months along in that storyline.
Independent George
AG
Welp, that was amazing.

They actually had me doubting that Jon was going to live, there were 20 times he could have taken the long dirt nap. Fantastic job on the battle scenes portraying the chaos of it all. Like many others, I was gasping for air for a second there as well.

Ramsey admitted that Jon's reputation was already spread, imagine what they will say about him now.
powerbelly
AG
I think it has already been established that geography and the time it should take to travel hold no real bearing on this show.
black_hat_ag
quote:
quote:
quote:

IMO the distances travelled are too far for her to be preggers. 1200+ miles from Winterfell to the wall and back. The return trip with an army.

On top of riding around and asking the Northern lords for help.

Assuming she got knocked up the day she escaped, we would still be months along in that storyline.
I agree with this. Don't think she is preggers.
MW03
AG
All this talk of wanting to see Yara naked reminds me of this meme from a couple seasons back

StringerBell
AG
HtownAg92
AG
If there are any other Boltons, I'm sure they are just "wandering" the realm.

Get it?
Btron
AG
quote:

MISSA MISSA
TX AG 88
AG
Yara's leather breeches didn't fit bad, though!
HtownAg92
AG
I was about to say - the angle they shot the conversations with Dany were to let everyone know that despite being a tomboy, battle-axe, Iron Born deek, Yara is sporting a pretty tasty onion.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Not sure how they did it but when Jon was getting trampled I held my breath so long I felt like I was suffocating
Same

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.