Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

233,941 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Blackrock may want the shares back they lent to shorts. They own 11% of Tullow, makes you wonder about this "assertion".

htownfan13
Worst call in the history of the board. Third. You are a freaking hack.
byoung1052
AG
buying opportunity!
thirdcoast
AG
Up 50% since gap down open...id say people are buying/covering on this event so far.
htownfan13
This craphole stock is at 15 cents pre split. You losing your house third??? You are a complete hack. Oh wait I already said that.
thirdcoast
AG
The operational fiscal terms, ROG political climate and seismic data are  fundamental factors that make exploitation of this extremely valuable offshore asset a very real reality at the moment.

I invest in HDY becuase they are a very small equity with 37% interest in this huge asset. For that reason, there is huge upside potential as well as huge predatory risk.

The only thing certain is that there are powerful forces here that want to profit off the asset by whatever means possible.

Whether we see a major shift of wealth from retail to wallstreet via HDY shares, or complete dissolution of HDY common stock ultimately re-packaged into another seperate entity, remains to be seen.

I am confident there will be a major discovery in this concession relatively soon, with major production in the years to follow. However, the willingness and ability for powerful forces to maximize returns at the expense of retail investors of a relatively weak company, remains the very big uncertainty and risk to this venture.

I would not underestimate Blackrock's disregard for retail shareholders and their political wherewithal to pursue their financial objectives.

As a retail shareholder myself I can only look at the volume trends, short interest and institutional ownership data for lagging clues to what the future "might" hold. Im holding, but currently not confident enough to add for the reasons above. Time is valuable and this PR today facilitates more uncertainty and looks to delay drilling.

Typically you see force majeure used to bail out on non-prospective acreage or in regions with political unrest. This FM has more of a hostile takeover/predatory vibe to it.....well see what happens.
piag94
AG
Can we just all agree on one thing.....

This is not a legit company OR stock. HOWEVER, it's a great trade up and down.
El Mero Guero
quote:
This is not a legit company OR stock

How do you define "legit"?

Also, just curous, thinking about buying?

[This message has been edited by El Mero Guero (edited 3/12/2014 1:44p).]
htownfan13
Learned a valuable lesson. Ray Leonard is a criminal.
EastSideAg2002
Love this thread.
thirdcoast
AG
This company has traded on nasdaq and NYSE meeting SEC listing requirements. New mgmt renegociated the PSC, drilled a shallow well and partnered with the most seasoned operator in the region.

Blackrock bought the new president of Guinea (Conde), they bought HDY mgmt, then brought Tullow to the table to ultimately make a discovery in the deep.

HDY is at the mercy of Blackrock to determine their legitimacy. If you dont think Blackrock has influence with the DOJ, SEC, and the current administration in general, you are naive.

Thats how you roll when are literally the biggest asset manager in the world and arguably the most powerful influence that exists with one foot in the public sector and the other in the private sector.

Its public knowledge that Soros brought Conde to power and that he is the "philanthropic diplomat" currently writing the new code on how to best commercially exploit the country's natural resources.

There has been an extraordinary effort to disconnect the polarizing name "George Soros" from Blackrock. If you know anything about their history together, you know that it is not a coincidence that Blackrock came knocking on an unknown small cap exploration company who happpend to own 77% of a gigantic offshore concession in Guinea.

HDY is whatever Blackrock wants them to be. If BR wants retail shareholders to be eating at the dinner table with them when a discovery is made, they will be. If BR wants a DOJ/SEC ruling that destroys common stockholders and allows them to ride off into the sunset, they will get that.

BR has had its way with HDY lending shares to shorts and collecting interest via "ishares". They will continue to have their way with HDY.

But right now, until BR maneuvers equity or interest, HDY is still the direct vehicle for profits on a major discovery in the region. That is the only thing BR has in common with HDY shareholders, and frankly the only reason I am still tentatively holding.

This theme has been expressed on this thread previously. It represents how the system generally works against the retail investor. In this particular case its all pretty obvious if you look a little deeper.
htownfan13
Blah blah blah. Bottom line. Never trust ray Leonard. He's gonna walk away with millions. His investors walk with pennies. Guy deserves a kick to the balls
BT1395
AG
Htown - you must be a miserable, miserable man. As if we hadn't yet learned of your disdain for this stock, Ray Leonard, thirdcoast, developing African countries, Wall Street big boys, cute puppy dogs, lollipops, and long walks on the beach from any of your previous 1,386 posts on this thread, this last one was crucial to helping us understand your feelings. Thank you for sharing once again.

Perhaps I can sell off the shares of HDY I am still holding and buy you a few hours of therapy? Oh wait, I forgot that the stock is worthless and we're all victims of a crime.
htownfan13
You are a moron. Ray is a criminal. He walks with millions. His investors all got screwed. He belongs in prison.
harge57
AG
Htown must have really went all in on this sucker.

From the very beginning of this thread it was repeatedly said this is a risky exploration deal centered around one area. It was either hit or miss. There was a ton of political risk too as the current government could be gone tomorrow.

If you did not realize that this think could have ended up at $0 that is on you.
htownfan13
Not even close to all in. Deep wallet brah.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gainey-mckenna-egleston-announces-a-class-action-lawsuit-has-been-filed-against-hyperdynamics-corporation-hdy-2014-03-14?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Tell them htown referred you.
BT1395
AG
quote:
Not even close to all in. Deep wallet brah.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gainey-mckenna-egleston-announces-a-class-action-lawsuit-has-been-filed-against-hyperdynamics-corporation-hdy-2014-03-14?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Tell them htown referred you.

Thanks for the link, htown. I was looking for the right place to call and tell then how unfair it is that the stock price is down. Bad things aren't supposed to happen to good Millennials, so someone is going to need to write me a check for this fiasco. I mean, really, do evil people like thirdcoast expect me to just sit here and take responsibility for my own investing decision on a highly speculative stock??? I think not. Time for someone to pay...
piag94
AG
Class action suits against small companies like this make zero sense. No one gets any money....accept for the firm
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
May sell this week if it stays above 6

Good idea!
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
My dumbass sold in mid $3's to get into something I was expecting a bump from, which has remained stagnant since then. Hoping for HDY to fall back down.

Here is your chance.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
HOUSTON, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyperdynamics Corporation (HDY) announced today that it has communicated to the Government of Guinea and Tullow its response to Tullow's assertion without advance notification or discussion of force majeure and suspension of plans to commence drilling of an exploratory well offshore Guinea.

Hyperdynamics believes Tullow's unilateral actions are unwarranted and untimely, and that a force majeure event has not occurred.

Hyperdynamics plans to have additional communications in an effort to recommence drilling plans. Hyperdynamics cannot predict the timing or outcome of these efforts.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hyperdynamics-responds-force-majeure-assertion-110000138.html
MrJonMan
AG
I'm patiently sitting on this waiting for a rise.....
fahraint
be careful on that rise, it could mean you're being screwed
MrJonMan
AG
I jumped ship
CrossBowAg99
AG
As the world turns, tullow is lifting the force majure, here we go
moses1084ever
AG
youve got to be ****ting me. Jumped ship after years last week.

HDY has received notification from NYSE about listing regarding market cap, not share price. Either the stock dilutes OR go back to OTCBB.

Edit: or maybe neither if we get a big enough pre-dill runup

[This message has been edited by moses1084ever (edited 5/5/2014 8:25a).]
CrossBowAg99
AG
already at $2.50 pre-market

Up $1 since previous close.

It was at $4 when Tullow announced FM
harge57
klsmith89
AG
Yall think its a good time to buy in now?
CrossBowAg99
AG
Correction on my post above: HDY was $5+ the day before FM was announced.

The chatter on the message boards is that Tullow is supposed to spud in Q2. I think that was said on a Tullow conference call, but it was not listed in their presentation and I did not go back and read the trranscript.

I would not be surprised if it hits $4 again when more firm drilling plans are announced.

El Mero Guero
$3.85...I wish I would have pulled the trigger last week, dammit
klsmith89
AG
Bought in this morning. Good increase today! I just wonder if it'll keep going up, or if it's just a short-term (day only, week only) buy now.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Never say never with this stock, but I can't imagine what could prevent tullow from spudding the well in the next few months.

We should see a higher push to maybe $6 as they start to drill. If they hit commercial oil it should be $20 or more.

I made back a few thousand dollars today so I am happy.

piag94
AG
HDY never disappoints!
htownfan13
Huge day yesterday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.