Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,122 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
Tonyperkis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JR, you are way off base. I think thirdcoast has done a great job of explaining this stock and the risk/reward involved with it. Listen, if you do/don't like this stock, you have every right to say so but your complaints about the OP are wrong and ruining a good dialogue about HDY. If that's all you have to offer then do everyone a favor and don't post on here or the B&I forum for that matter.
thirdcoast
AG
JR,
Random out of context quoting, worthless info and ignoring my direct question about your blank chart...yes, you would fit in great at the politics board.

Everyone here but you seems to grasp the concept of this speculative exploration play. Im sorry you are so far behind the rest of us, and feel the need to clutter this thread with junk as if you hold the key to substantial returns without risk.

So you think HDY will go up. Why dont you disclose your position or lack of one now?

I expect you are an expert hindsight analyst, and will chime in with your returns after the fact.

Congrats you have revealed yourself to be nothing more than a troll to be completely ignored.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 6/3/2011 3:35p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Back to the topic:

JOHN2010
AG
interested in investing, but need some tips. anyone want to help out a noob?
harge57
AG
Anyone worried about the Somalian Pirates? [sarcasm]

[This message has been edited by harge57 (edited 6/8/2011 9:37a).]
thirdcoast
AG
harg, Pirate concerns are not to be completely ignored. I thought the same thing.

Keep in mind that map above generated a direct route. I assume the crew will travel further offshore around S.Africa to mitigate that risk.
thirdcoast
AG

http://www.jasperoffshore.com/pdf/ne_short_spec.pdf
thirdcoast
AG
Also regarding Pirates, hijacking a drill ship of a company with no earnings yet would be pretty stupid....but with this much short interest I would'nt rule anything out 100%.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 6/8/2011 10:45a).]
Charles Bronson
quote:
would be pretty stupid

the Somali's specialize in stupid. their due diligience skills are notoriously weak. i'd imagine they see $$$ with each passing large vessel.

[This message has been edited by Charles Bronson (edited 6/8/2011 12:32p).]
Charles Bronson
that being said, i'm not too worried.
TxAg20
AG
It would be a pretty long haul from Somalia to intercept that ship.
thirdcoast
AG
Somolians want tankers carrying loads out of the arab sea.
thirdcoast
AG
Russell 2k here we come.
http://www.russell.com/indexes/tools-resources/reconstitution/reconstitution-changes.asp

Short interest up, but price holding strong.

NSAI 3d on the way.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 6/10/2011 10:08p).]
thirdcoast
AG
NSAI 3d evaluation will be released Q3. It was expected in June, now looks like we will see it no earlier than July 1st.

Ray has some explaining to do. Another investor conference 6-30:

By Phone:
Dial 480-629-9818 at least 10 minutes before the call. A telephone replay will be available through July 7 by dialing 303-590-3030 and using the access code 4449242#.

By Webcast:
Visit the Events and Presentations page of Hyperdynamics' Investor Relations website at http://investors.hyperdynamics.com/events.cfm. Please log on at least 10 minutes in advance to register and download any necessary audio software. A replay of the audio webcast will be available shortly after the call.
heisatouchdown
AG
Good sign of bad sign 3rd?

Would it be smart to jump out now and come back on any potential pull back?
thirdcoast
AG
Well, I bought some cheap $5 July calls with the almost certain expectation the 3D report would be released by then. Still possible, but not very likely anymore. That is my only frustration.

I dont see it as a bad sign. I personally think there are some buyout/partnership talks behind the scenes. Showing this data only to a "select few" promotes serious negotiation. Ray has more leverage after flipping the hourglass over with the rig contract. The ability to go public with the 3D data is just more leverage to get what he may want but certainly doesn't need. Potential buyers/partners may be stalling, hoping shorts bring share price down lower. Ray has already proven he has no problem walking away from weak deals (Noble LOI) but this time he has a rig on the way too.

I remain confident in mgmt to only strike a deal if it is strategically beneficial and truly reflects the value of our asset.

I have been accumulating for about 2 years, to me drilling is very close and I dont want to risk decreasing my share count trying to time the market. For that reason, I cant rec selling on this 3d delay.
Charles Bronson
I am not a trader by any means, but I am kicking myself for chickening out and cancelling two large sell orders recently just before they hit...one at $4.65 last wk and the other at $4.52 just yesterday. Would have been nice to be able to buy back in here in the low $4's. Need to grow bigger stones. Hoping we can stay above $4. Not a fan at all of the $3's. It is completely ridiculous that we are even in the $4's at this point but the shorts are in the driver's seat and will be for the forseeable future unless hdy mgmt has a trick up their sleeve.

[This message has been edited by Charles Bronson (edited 6/15/2011 12:49p).]
heisatouchdown
AG
I wish I had gotten my sale orders in at 4.80 a few weeks back... just a little bit late as I'd love to have had that gain and just buy back in now...
FishrCoAg
AG
Just bought @ 4.26, then sold July 5 calls for .15 per contract, a little over 3.5% return if does not go over by July, and get to keep the shares. If spikes over 5, gain capped at just over 20%. Not bad for 1 month either scenario.
moses1084ever
AG
Pirates?

I'd be more worried about the ship crossing the southern ocean during winter time. Not to mention traversing the agulhas current off South Africa. That's rogue wave country!
0708aggie
AG
Looking good this morning. I added to my position on monday at 4.14
Ingo
Looks like Hyper will be added to the Russell 3000 later today. Should get a nice little pop.
heisatouchdown
AG
I was wondering what caused the jump today.
Charles Bronson
Pretty pathetic, i was expecting...or hoping for...a bit more today.
thirdcoast
AG
Russell 2k listing + 6/30 news update + NSAI 3d report

...All Pending
0708aggie
AG
7.6 million shares traded as of 3 pm. I think some shorts covered.
0708aggie
AG
Large orders being filled after hours.

Time (ET) Price Volume
16:19 $ 4.3194 2,060
16:19 $ 4.3188 917,186
16:19 $ 4.3178 452,917
16:19 $ 4.32 145,167
16:17 $ 4.3187 170
16:14 $ 4.3187 9,002
16:13 $ 4.32 41,505
16:12 $ 4.3191 9,160
16:08 $ 4.30 113,400

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/ExtendedTradingTrades.aspx?selected=HDY&mkttype=after#ixzz1QE8CRWpT
Charles Bronson
Over 17 million shares traded today? Would really like to know what the hell just happened.
Charles Bronson
Scuse me...over 20 million
harge57
AG
Yah. Holy crap that is 7 times the average volume. WTF happened?
heisatouchdown
AG
Eeenteresting, when I looked at the market close I was surprised to see that not only did HDY lose all of their gains from today, but they also had a bit of a loss (not very significant mind you).

I wonder what is going to play out in the next few days.
Tonyperkis
AG
HDY down big today...Great buy opportunity if you believe in the stock. If good news comes out from 3D report I don't see this stock dropping this far again unless they miss oil.
haircut
AG
quote:
I think some shorts covered.

Can someone please explain this in reference to its use a couple of posts up?
0708aggie
AG
WTF? What is going on?
Charles Bronson
same ole same ole manipulation by the shorting maggots imo. i have quit watching the day to day share price so much recently, partly b/c i have been swamped at work and partly b/c it is frustrating as hell. while annoying, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.