Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

233,948 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll see you on IV, thirdcoast

Name on there is charged_sands
mays04
AG
improved search function strikes again.

jk

i have always taken the boards to be a sort of "social experiment". this thread is not only entertaining, but gives so much more info on people than they realize...

ill hang up and listen
Clarendon
Damn vanwinkle23. You burst my bubble. I thought 3rd was the CEO of an oil company with 30 years of experience drilling wells. Who are you, fahraint? Neither of you have ag tags. I think fahraint got banned about the same time you created your account. Interesting coincidence.
fahraint
Never been banned, not vanwinkle either.....

I found the thread interesting.....for those interested, there are contrary views posted by some with knowledge on the yahoo message board, explaining why they believe there is not likely any commercially recoverable oil even in the turbidites

[This message has been edited by Fahraint (edited 2/19/2012 8:30a).]
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Damn vanwinkle23. You burst my bubble. I thought 3rd was the CEO of an oil company with 30 years of experience drilling wells. Who are you, fahraint? Neither of you have ag tags. I think fahraint got banned about the same time you created your account. Interesting coincidence.

Don't attack fahraint. He is good people.
fahraint
Ragoo is a good man himself, an allstar in my estimation!
htownfan13
Fahraint, should have listened to you....please post yahoo link. Im laughing that my opinion was swayed by some 20 something year old. That explains the refusal to accept reality of the situation.
fahraint
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_H/threadview?m=tm&bn=25333&tid=127056&mid=127056&tof=23&frt=2
This is one...there are others. Some are speculating that he is Jim Spears....

Disclaimer, I was, and am not anti HDY
VanWinkle23
Did you email me third? I didnt get anything.
piag94
AG
VW,
Do I know you?
thirdcoast
AG
LOL

I dont know what is more pathetic VW being a Piag sock, or VW feeling the need to dig through all my texags posts to "bust" me, revealing my age and letting us all know what a badass Piag is, LOL.

BTW, I would have very simply revealed my age to anyone who asked. I have since added it to my profile for easier access

PIAG/VW,
Yes, I sent email Sunday and have not gotten a response.

For the sake of this thread, please take this de-railing topic to the other troll thread:
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2042545&forum_id=57

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/20/2012 10:09a).]
traxter
So, right now with all debate going back and forth, I'm debating whether or not to sell out and take my roughly 60% loss and move on or hold and hope for at least some recovery in price, while risking it all. What do some of you more knowledgeable folks think?

Thanks
piag94
AG
trax,
The price action the past six month or so had very little to do with the actual company vs. the market manipulating the stock. Yes, there were events that went on that cause more interest on a daily/weekly basis, but the up 30% in a week, down 30% the next on nice volume was typical for a daytrading stock. It could go up to $2.50/$3 for no other reason than I mentioned earlier, it's just a personal preference for you. For the next while, this is just a nice daytrading type stock...up and down.
Dub_Ag
I'd say hang on. I went through a little reflection time myself during those dark days last week, however, you either believe in this thing or you dont. And i do, so I'm holding on for dear life.
ClickClack
AG
I would also tell you to hold. I think it will recover to at least the 2's soon.
CPDAggie10
AG
traxter, I am sitting at about a ~60% loss as well. averaged in a little over $3 and I will be holding.

Yes it is clear that HDY has "missed" on SABU 1, and when I say missed I mean it wasn't the gusher we were all thinking/hoping it was. Although it was not a commercial find, we did find signs of oil and HDY is sitting on a massive piece of acreage and other larger companies are going to want a piece of the pie. I look for HDY to sell off part of it's 77% and hand over operations to someone more qualified, because it obviously didn't work out the first time.

Also keep in mind we have 3D results coming that will hopefully allow management/geologists dial in on exactly where the oil is.

Another thing to note is this thing was up over $7 when HDY didn't even have a drill bit in the ground. We have now finished the first well, complete with logging results and more 3D coming, but yet we are under $2??? I almost want to average down a bit more.

But don't get me wrong, we definitely have a long ways to go. Probably another year before drilling resumes and several years before any production, but I just can't get myself to sell at such a large loss, when there is the possibility of this thing blowing up to a 20+ bagger years down the road. Yes, I know highly unlikely but I'm young and I can afford to gamble on something like this.

All just my opinion. Now back to the third, piag, VW, fahraint internet battle.

piag94
AG
coop,
I am done with the "battling". I've said my peace. Depending on your cost basis, you guys could write some calls. Premiums still look good and juicy.
Brotron
nm

[This message has been edited by Brotron (edited 2/20/2012 10:05p).]
Brotron

[This message has been edited by Brotron (edited 2/20/2012 10:06p).]
Dub_Ag
First positive opening in weeks....is it too early to call it a comeback?
htownfan13
LOLOLOLOLOL. A comeback... I just spit out my drink.
Nom de Plume
AG
Quit posting Twitter garbage. You're not adding anything to the discussion.
thirdcoast
AG
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-21/tullow-oil-drops-most-in-month-after-sierra-leone-well-results?category=

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-21/anadarko-says-jupiter-1-well-off-sierra-leone-finds-oil-gas.html

thirdcoast
AG
About 45mil in the bank at about 1mil monthly burn rate.

Deepwater 3D already paid for, to be released later this year. (data room open earlier to confidential JV candidates)

This is a lot of time for a company this size.

coop214
AG
Some of y'all get way to attached to stock. If a stock is consistently trending down get out and move on to another stock.
ClickClack
AG
I'm guilty of having fallen in love with a stock in HDY. I sold everything today for a nice loss at 1.23. Unless this thing goes to 1 or lower and I see a great buying opportunity, I think I'm finally done.
harge57
AG
I sold about 5k shares at 1.44 will buy back in if it hits 1.
harge57
AG
My average cost was about 2.50.
htownfan13
Unreal. We all got sucked in by some 20 something year old expert. I am selling if it reaches a buck.
fletcher18
H town. I still have no idea why you haven't sold yet. It truly baffles me. Why wait any longer? We will prob not see any substantial improvement in the near future, and you're not long on hdy, sooooo???? as for me, I'm playing another round. I don't need the cash right now, and ray delivered on his commitment to drill, so I believe they will come through with another well. Discovery? Again, the risk im willing to take. I'm admittedly in for a solid 18 months. You are the last of your kind left at this party.
htownfan13
I will sell when I'm ready, thanks. Its my money.....which I have much less of thanks to this company.
Phat32
AG
worst poster on this board
fahraint
Maybe this guy knows what he is talking about, maybe not. In any case, worth noting...rick.guzman off the yahoo board

quote:
The geology is different for a variety of reasons but most importantly is the one that there did not exist offshore Sierra Leone a body continental shelf landmass like offshore Guinea. Any source rock basin that existed offshore Sierra Leone and Liberia still exists there today. In contrast, offshore Guinea there was the continental shelf land mass called the Demerara Plateau

To continue, in contrast here, Guinea offshore area has this major GFZ (Guinea Fracture Zone) which acts as the boundary between essentially the North Atlantic Geologic Province and that of the South Atlantic Geologic Province. This GFZ is the major transform fault positioned orthogonally to and intersecting with the continental landmass known as Guinea today. The GFZ northern half sets in the north of our concesion and the southern half was at one time attached to the south. It is this portion that got "rafted" away with the breakup of the Pangea super-continent known in circles of Plate Tectonics. The GFZ is a tranpressional fault (you can look up this term in any structural geology text or advanced one for explanation in compressional tectonics (there are two types of tectonics, one compressional and one extensional).

Sierra Leone and Liberia never had this setup. Thus, when the breakup occurred between South America and Africa, the southern portion of the Demerara Plateau was essentially broken at this junction of the GFZ. As the continental shelf breakup occurred, the portion that would have contained the source rock basins (or many mini-basins) rode on the South AMerican Plate leaving the area south of the GFZ essentially devoid of any possible source rock basin (or basins collectively).

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 2/24/2012 11:45p).]
Northside
Translate please
fahraint
I think he is trying to say that the Demerara plateau took the oil with it, and is now off Suriname, and that what was left off Guinea was breached...I dont understand the jargon.....at least that is what he is saying on the yahoo board.

There is speculation this poster (rick.guzman and marc.gerade)is the fired geologist, Jim Spear, who has a vendetta against HDY and Ray Leonard

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.