Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,142 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
htownfan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is this craphole stock headed to 50 cents?
htownfan13
I cut and pasted a great post from IV....

I was finally happy when the share price went over $5.00. Things were going good. I thought HDY was on the way to success.

I've always felt HDY was a good company and everything would turn around. I thought the shorts would suffer. I continued to feel that way as the price declined.

I was so sure the market was wrong that I bought more shares at $3.00.

I was so sure the market was wrong that I bought more shares at $2.25

I was so sure the market was wrong that I bought more shares at $1.30

Now I don't have any money to buy more shares
The share price is under $1.00
The company is silent about the lawsuits.
The company is silent about everything
The company does not seem to care about the share price
The company does not seem to care that we are being horse-whipped by the market
The company does not seem to care that they gave us optimistic expectations that have failed.
The company does not seen to care that the investors will sell them out if this continues

It's no wonder the legal vultures are hovering around HDY

Yes, I am feeling ignorant and foolish. I sure got sucked in by my own greed when I kept on buying as the price continued to fall.

I have been told many times to never try to catch a falling knife. I have given many others the same advice

I'm sure bleeding a lot
htownfan13
This guy sounds like Third! However, it isn't. There is absolutely no more sunshine pumping with this company. Things are continuing to get uglier by the day. I feel bad for myself, but feel worse because I know others got sucked in to a much worse situation.

Third, you are going to be flat broke. I hope you still aren't recommending to average down. LOL.
thirdcoast
AG
here is a link to that IV post
http://www.investorvillage.com/mbthread.asp?mb=10989&nhValue=66519&nmValue=66559&dValue=1&tid=11624508&showall=1

I bought 1200 more at .94, will continue to accumulate cheap.
htownfan13
.83 now and sinking.

Read this thread from start to finish and try not to fall out of your chair. Emotional investing is where you lose all your money. Third, I am assuming you are still buying...
piag94
AG
I still say when it hits. 80, it a good short term buy. I would like to see the volume a little heavier, though.
TRIDENT
AG
Price hit .80 today.
CheladaAg
AG
People buying again after recent RL presentation. Hope is on the rise again.
moses1084ever
AG
According to Ray, preliminary 3d seismic results "clearly delineated" turbidite fan plays.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
Hyperdynamics Corporation (NYSE: HDY - News) announced today that it has engaged BofA Merrill Lynch as financial advisor to assist the Company in connection with a potential sale of a portion of its 77% interest in the 25,000-square-kilometer oil and gas exploration concession offshore Guinea in West Africa.

Hyperdynamics is seeking to sell, or "farm-out," approximately half of its interest in the concession to an experienced oil and gas company that would also serve as operator of the project going forward. The farm-out process is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2012.

"During this farm-out process, we will be evaluating potential partners on a number of criteria, including significant deep water operating experience – preferably along the Atlantic Margin, access to deep water rigs and the operational capacity to fully evaluate the concession over the remaining exploration period of our Production Sharing Contract with the government of Guinea," said Ray Leonard, Hyperdynamics' President and Chief Executive Officer.

"We believe that farming out an additional share of the project to an experienced deep water operator is the best way to maximize shareholder value going forward," he said. "Such a transaction should make available additional capital that would be helpful to continue our exploration program for the basin," Leonard added.

In mid-February Hyperdynamics announced results of its first Guinea exploration well, the Sabu-1, which indicated the presence of residual hydrocarbons in multiple layers of sandstones distributed throughout a 1,300-foot interval of Santonian- to Turonian-age sediments in the Upper Cretaceous section. Hyperdynamics is in the process of evaluating initial results of a 4,000-square-kilometer 3-D seismic survey in the deeper water portion of the Guinea concession acquired by CGGVeritas.

Aberdeen-based Dana Petroleum holds a 23% non-operated working interest in the Guinea concession. The addition of a new participant and operator to the project would require the consent of the government of Guinea under the terms of its Production Sharing Contract with Hyperdynamics.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hyperdynamics-commence-farm-portion-offshore-100000513.html

[This message has been edited by ClickClack (edited 4/18/2012 7:07a).]
CheladaAg
Phat32
AG
Almost bought at .8 for this very reason. Woof.
harge57
AG
I bought 1200 more at about .92. I averaged down for a while. If it gets back to about 4 I would double my money. I would likely sell some or all there depending on any new information.
moses1084ever
AG
quote:
when it gets to .80 or so, it could be a nice short-term buy.

Piag94 nailed it.
AFarmer95
AG
bought some 2 days ago for $.86. Avg down to $1.43
fletcher18
To the TA guys- check out MPO and give me some feedback. Much appreciated.
piag94
AG
decent volume today. I bet we see a 10-15% swing between now and close.
htownfan13
This thing is sinking to under 80 cents. People are losing their minds (and money) on IV board.

Again, for a good laugh...read this entire thread. Amazing advice given.
BT1395
AG
Htown - in all the years I've been posting on TexAgs, I don't think I've ever cussed. Until now.

Let me just simply say that you, sir, are an ass.
htownfan13
Why? Because this company sucks? You should be calling the starter of this, topic much more than what you just said. Stay classy.
FishrCoAg
AG
"stay classy" is the definition of irony coming from you, htown.
TX87JL09
AG
Anyone seen this yet?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/law-firm-levi-korsinsky-notifies-200800712.html
FTA 2010
AG
It is about the 8th one now. Everybody wants a piece of it
htownfan13
Yup, there certainly is some valid points to these lawsuits. The major communication issue is coming back to bite Ray and Co. Its gonna cost millions to fight these lawsuits, just a pure sign of inexperience. Great job Ray.
ClickClack
AG
These lawsuits come out with any stock that drops a lot. They are frivolous. This is not unique at all to HDY.
piag94
AG
^^^
agreed. They never amount to anything.
thirdcoast
AG
1 PM Today

By Phone:
Dial 480-629-9819 at least 10 minutes before the call. 

A replay will be available through May 24 by dialing 303-590-3030 and using the access code 4533416#.

By Webcast:
Visit the Events and Presentations page of Hyperdynamics' Investor Relations website at http://investors.hyperdynamics.com/events.cfm
  Please log in at least 10 minutes in advance to register and download any necessary software.  A replay will be available shortly after the call.

htownfan13
Nothing new. Stock price is under 80 cents. I'm ready for some ray magic! Not looking good...
htownfan13
Getting hammered again today! Ouch
Tonyperkis
AG
Down big again today. Anyone here have any insight to what upside there could be with this stock going forward? I was so close to averaging down again at .80 and glad I didn't. I'm pretty gun shy about getting in for any more shares but would like to lower my basis so I could sell on news of farmout. Advice appreciated.
htownfan13
I will give you some advice. Completely stay away from this stock. The only people that favor this stock are those in far too deep. They are the only ones recommending this as a buy.
piag94
AG
the company is dead. It's only a daytrading stock until the big boys decide to let it die.
North Mayne
AG
Do you think Blackrock, Vanguard etc. are considering this company "dead"?
Cancelled
AG
Is this thread a joke?
MisterHancock
Thirdcoast is long long gone...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.