Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,123 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm curious as well. I couldn't find any news on them so I picked up some more shares at $3.62
jm94
AG
3.65 -0.2471 -6.34%

Perhaps the ship sank.
thirdcoast
AG
Shaking down retail so tute ownership slice can grow bigger....same story.

I also suspect the shorts timeline ends with the anouncement of drilling results as opposed to the onset of drillling operations.

This is why it is important to stay well capitalized to avoid being forced out of a position because of volitility. If long, this can include selling calls, buying puts (not recmnded) or keeping enough "dry powder" on the sidelines to avg down or hedge elsewhere.
thirdcoast
AG
hope no one here bailed out shorts around $3.60

jm94
AG
3.94 +0.04 +1.03%

Nope, but I almost sold some covered calls. Glad I didn't.
bigtruckguy3500
I wish I bought at 3.60. Even buying at 3.60 and selling at 3.94 would've been a decent gain with a large enough purchase.
LihaiAg06
AG
Bought today at 3.58, averaged now at 3.89
Nom de Plume
AG
Nice...I'm still over $4. Ugh.

Are any of you successfully day/swing trading this?
thirdcoast
AG
Here is a general simplified animation involving a vessel similar to Jasper. This does NOT outline HDY's specific drilling operations, but does offer some visual context on some aspects. If I find a more accurate representation I will share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PNMDV2v9oA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Tonyperkis
AG
Nom, that has been my approach with this stock. I'm new to trading so it's been a learning process, but so far so good. There have definitely been a couple of times where I bought high and was stuck holding for a while, but I have never really been concerned due to my confidence that there will be a run-up in anticipation of drilling results. It has been a lot of fun to trade
Phat32
AG
Cool vid
thirdcoast
AG

This projection was very accurate from Singapore to Cape Town, I suspect it is close now also.
LihaiAg06
AG
The Jasper has arrived?
FTA 2010
AG
Drill baby, drill!
Sims
AG
I've done some reading on hdy. I like the location and am familiar with a couple of the key men. I put some skin in the game late today. Lets go drill an oil well fellas.
fahraint
hdy fundamentals look good...the chart looks bad. If it hits buy points at 3.10, 2.00, 1.50, and 1.00, Im a buyer

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 10/7/2011 10:53a).]
thirdcoast
AG
All charts are not created equal.

You should look at Guinea's progress and this company's story since 2009, look at the milestone achievements...

At this point hdy charts are only good for identifying past/current volume trends, drilling results mean everything about the future price per share.
Nom de Plume
AG
third, et al, do you expect ANY kind of bump prior to oil actually bathing the Jasper deckhands? I suppose there isn't any pending event prior that might move this stock?
TxAg20
AG
While drilling, a mud logger will typically inspect the cuttings. Where the formation tops (which are identified by changes in lithology) come in while drilling will give Hyperdynamics a good idea of the accuracy of their seismic interpretation. I'm not sure how long this information takes to reach investors, but it's definitely important information gathered while drilling. Also, oil staining in the cuttings and/or gas content in the drilling mud are good indications of oil bearing rock which is information gathered while drilling.
Nom de Plume
AG
Awesome info. Thanks.
TxAg20
AG
If anyone knows anyone inside Hyperdynamics, is on the drilling report distribution list, or knows someone on the Jasper Explorer, it would be great if you could keep us updated.
thirdcoast
AG
I expect a large amount of short interest is a hedge against poor drilling results. Whether or not any significant covering will start prior to an announcement is anyone's guess.

Whether or not there will be price manipulation by MMs compounded by speculation of leaks ect or bogus articles is also anyone's guess.

I'm confident in mgmt, I'm confident in the geology of the region, and I am confident in today's exploration tech. I am RISKING capital for those reasons, because I like the reward potential.

fahraint
the neckline on the 60 minute H&S is preparing to break...Im a buyer at 3.10 and less
thirdcoast
AG
Jasper Explorer

I think the Toisa is supplying rig

Jasper is the purple dot

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=564347000¢erx=-14.62559¢ery=8.631514&zoom=10&type_color=9

They will test the BOP for the next 10 days or so then begin drilling to the anticipated depth. My guess is 2-3 weeks of drilling before they realize the level of success or failure on this first well (Sabu-1). Might hear news on results mid-late November.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 10/2/2011 7:28p).]
Tonyperkis
AG
I'm really suprised HDY is getting beat up so bad. I expected the stock to slowly rise at this point in preparation for the drilling results.
12atm
I am getting beat up pretty bad with this stock, is it being manipulated by big players?
thirdcoast
AG
Faraint may get his shares after all if the market keeps getting beat up like this.

Didn't expect this big of a general sell off, other small cap e&ps are being hit worse. HDY is caught in the tide.

[This message has been edited by Thirdcoast (edited 10/3/2011 7:13p).]
jimmo
traded thru his price target...
Tonyperkis
AG
what a pop at $3.09, wow!
LihaiAg06
AG
Anyone get in this morning? Can only hope we're on the roller coaster on up from here on out!
Phat32
AG
crazy bounce

too bad i'm above 4 still
Nom de Plume
AG
Ugh...didn't have any cash this morning.
Charles Bronson
holy moly
jm94
AG
3.87 +0.51 +15.18%
thirdcoast
AG
Today was a significant ownership transfer from retail to tute.

Hold strong, we are only weeks away!

Go to the 21 min mark for some Jasper video:

http://videogn.telediaspora.net//RTG20h_du20111002.wmv

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.