Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,120 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
BT1395
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unbelievable.

#blamingeverythingonobamajustbecauseican
Northside
keep in mind, the fundamentals of this company have only improved. The drop in the price is not a reflection of the company, but the overall market. RR have increased. Millions of $ in the bank, no debt, credible management... Drilling plans are moving forward as agreed.
TexasAggie008
AG
Spent my last 60 dollars in e-trade on this stock today.

let it ride!
thirdcoast
AG
I am surprised by the timing of this release.
cheeky
AG
quote:
thirdcoast
posted 10:59p, 04/07/11

If anyone is looking for a small cap exploration play with a good risk/reward profile I strongly recommend this.

This, from your OP, is pimping.
thirdcoast
AG
Money,

Texags and I are flattered that you believe this thread can influence the market.

It is ironic what comes my way when HDY becomes an even better buying opportunity.

Nothing has changed other than this being a better buying opportunity. The risk/reward profile is still very attractive IMO. Most of us here know that this hinges on drilling, sorry you are clueless and probably feeling emotional.

Many different positions have been taken since my OP and with this volatility there has been plenty of opportunity to profit. I am in this for the oil and see pull backs as an opportunity profit not whine.
country
AG
I followed this thread closely for information for a long time. I finally asked the question if folks felt this might be a good gamble play. Several threw their thoughts/opinions out there. I also did a boatload of independent research on this company, its holdings, and its activities. I saw this downturn as the perfect opportunity to let it roll and scooped up a significant amount of shares this morning. Anyone that makes a play off of what one guy on texags said is not a very informative purchaser and if it turns out bad, needs to be pointing the finger at themselves. I echo the sentiments that many on this thread have said…..I think this is a great stock and the opportunity to buy right now is awesome if you feel that way. I don’t get the disdain being spewed at posters and hope that it is not so much that folks quit posting their knowledge of stocks on this site.

[This message has been edited by country (edited 8/9/2011 1:53p).]
Tonyperkis
AG
Great post Country! I too hope people don't shy away from posting stock ideas on this forum as I have enjoyed it since I started posting here in April. There is nothing wrong with objecting to a position or idea, but if you're going to do so you should be able to add value to the discussion rather than just stirring the pot. This isn't the general board.

"Attention campers. Lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it." - Tony Perkis
FishrCoAg
AG
for the last 2 posters. Added to my position this morning.
cheeky
AG
If some of you are under the impression that I have invested in this, think again. I would never look to a message board for an investment idea. I am merely amused that it has gone 13 pages!

Good luck!
Charles Bronson
You just come across as childish. Kind of like David Carr a few pages back. You guys seem to be taking delight in what you percieve to be the pain/misfortune of others (other Ags at that), but you're too dense to realize that this is a bet on proving oil in 4Q2011...not a contest to see who can post the largest gains over a 2-3 month period...or who can pick a stock that is immune to dramatic decreases in the overall market. Come back in Novermber/December. If Hyper isn't successful, then feel free to come back and pleasure yourself to our financial loss. In the meantime, please take it to other threads if all you're going to do it stick your head in and talk sh** like a middle schooler. Hard you believe you are really a private wealth advisor. If your potential clients knew how immature you were, no way they'd ever consider your services. Tell the truth, you graduated a few yrs ago and live with your mother, right?

[This message has been edited by Charles Bronson (edited 8/9/2011 5:21p).]
thirdcoast
AG
quote:

I would never look to a message board for an investment idea.

Yea, you should stick to forbes, wall street journal, and CNBC.

Nothing good ever comes from collaboration amongst private investors.

Its only worthwhile to chime in with empty criticism and accusations.
David Carr
CB,

You watch too much Dr. Phil. Please cut and past anything I posted that indicates I enjoy the financial pain and misfortune of others. However, since you brought it up I do find humor that you said this a thread dedicated to long term investors yet you sold stock, bought back in at higher price and then got steam rolled into a 3 handle.

Back to a facts. Two insiders execised options and sold stock on 7/28 and 7/29 above $5. Although it was a small dollar amount and two insider sales does not make a trend people should pay attention to insiders if this gets above $5.

Please feel free to get drunk and respond like an immature child.
thirdcoast
AG
way to go CB, quit attracting noise to this thread with your rants

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 8/9/2011 9:37p).]
Charles Bronson
quote:
You watch too much Dr. Phil. Please cut and past anything I posted that indicates I enjoy the financial pain and misfortune of others.

"Hey guys! Just droppin in to let you know that your investment is down 9+% since the OP made his original buy rec! Just tryin to help! TTYL!!!"

That's the way most people take it when people enter these threads to simply tell others that their investment is down (something that they couldn't possibly be unaware of).

quote:
Back to a facts. Two insiders execised options and sold stock on 7/28 and 7/29 above $5. Although it was a small dollar amount and two insider sales does not make a trend people should pay attention to insiders if this gets above $5.

Their timing was unreal, sold in the mid fives the day before free fall if I remember correctly. The timing is the only thing I question at this point. But if insiders start selling big when the stock reaches the fives again, you are right, we are all pretty much screwed. They didn't sell when the stock was near $8 and the fundamentals were less solid earlier in the year though.

Me making boneheaded attempts at trades based on assassination attempts and then trying to time re-entry before 3D seismic in the midst of a mini market collapse in no way makes my statement that this thread was dedicated to long term investors less valid, it just makes me a boneheaded trader.

All that being said, you may want to consider buying in the $3's. Even if you don't believe in the company's fundamentals or long term potential, when the market turns, you prob have a damn good shot of flipping it around $5, where Blackrock and some of the other big institutions bought a good portion of their shares.

Third- If you scroll back through the many pages of the thread, the "noise" level is pretty low overall...even for the B&I forum. Feel free to start your own website or even report me to the mods if you think I have crossed the line or you want to control how people interact on here. Your thread will be OK.

[This message has been edited by Charles Bronson (edited 8/10/2011 7:12a).]
thirdcoast
AG
quote:

Third- feel free to start your own website or even report me to the mods if you want to control how people interact on here.

Not about controlling anything. Its about hoping this board doesn't turn into the politics/general board.

As time goes on I now see it is inevitable and why its not worth wasting time here.
Charles Bronson
Probably not a price impacting press release, but interesting nonetheless...

quote:
Hyperdynamics Engages the University of Arizona Department of Geosciences to Conduct a Two-Year Study of its Offshore Guinea Concession

HOUSTON, Aug. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyperdynamics Corporation (NYSE: HDY) has engaged the University of Arizona Department of Geosciences for a two-year study of geology and tectonic history of its exploration block offshore Guinea, including the identification and characterization of igneous rocks and associated sedimentary features from 2-D and 3-D seismic data from the area.

"We are excited to have the Department of Geosciences work on this project for Hyperdynamics. The learnings from this project will allow us to better understand the geology of the area and evaluate future drilling sites," said Ray Leonard, Hyperdynamics' President and CEO.

The University of Arizona is ranked No. 1 in geology in U.S. News and World Report's annual survey of U.S. graduate programs.

Apparently Ray Leonard is an Arizona grad and is on the BOD for the Geosciences Department there.

[This message has been edited by Charles Bronson (edited 8/10/2011 7:34a).]
cheeky
AG
quote:
If your potential clients knew you posted on this forum, no way they'd ever consider your services.

FIFY

CB reminds me of Simpson.

quote:
The good news, sir, is that Harris was able to sell off our losing
stocks. The bad news is that Simpson here bought them from Harris.

And I don't deal with small accounts, much less penny stocks, but that doesn't mean I don't wish you guys success! Carry on.

[This message has been edited by Money Game (edited 8/10/2011 7:57a).]
CheladaAg
AG
Heavy buying the last hour...anything news out there?
Phat32
AG
back past 4
FTA 2010
AG
bought more shares this morning at $3.45 and averaged in now at $4. As news gets out and other retail investors find this stock with added exposure, hopefully this stock will rise back to the $5+ range
thirdcoast
AG
thirdcoast
AG
tute ownership up to 37% now
bayouaggie
AG
Almost bought shares this morning at $3.50 and didn't pull the trigger (bought some other stuff instead). Might pick up a few more shares under $4 tomorrow depending on what the market is doing.
fahraint
Wave 5 down is pending......be patient, gap just filled

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=HDY&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p80039161055
fahraint
overbought on the 60 minute chart, and turning down.....be patient and buy on the next leg down

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=HDY&p=60&yr=0&mn=2&dy=0&id=p51948899607
Tonyperkis
AG
HDY looking good today
jm94
AG
4.41 +0.50 +12.79%
FTA 2010
AG
HDY just got ANOTHER mention on Mad Money with Cramer. He said it is a $4 call and basically let it ride.

On another note, State Street is the second largest institutional holder of this stock. Isn't Cramer on the board for that company?
thirdcoast
AG
quote:

State Street is the second largest institutional holder of this stock. Isn't Cramer on the board for that company?

I think you have state street (STT) confused with TheStreet.com, Inc. (TST).

Cramer just "blessed" the "ultimate oil spec". Funny how different his opinions have been over the last few months when nothing material has changed. In my opinion this is an indication that his sentiment is derived more from insider chatter on wall street than his own DD on the company. Probably the same with most of his recs. He is a puppet.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 8/11/2011 9:42p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Ray on fox biz
2.50 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5400Rp8XNT8

young investors celebrate today's gain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-trThzBWSPA&feature=related

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 8/11/2011 11:55p).]
gindaloon
AG
State Streets ownership is all passive. Meaning they own HDY for their ETF and Index products.
cincoaggie86
I know nothing about oil and gas, so how good are the estimates from the 3d?
thirdcoast
AG
Im not an expert on 3D analysis but I do know that the value of 3D goes up or down depending on actual drilling core samples that help connect the dots in the data.

What was most anticipated were the estimates that NSAI provides. Those estimates were both positive and preliminary only on the first drilling prospects.

The previously released NSAI report on 2D identified 9 leads in this specific area (tilted fault block) with total risked resources best estimated at 117 MMBBL. The unrisked estimates were 1,100 MMBBL.

This latest NSAI 3D report only identified the first 3 well prospects in that same area with a best estimate of risked resources totaling 229 MMBBL with unrisked estimates of 1,200 MMBBL.

I guess the answer you are looking for is that risked estimates went up significantly and the numbers are commercially viable.

I had planned to review the report with a family geologist. If that yields any useful info I will share.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 8/12/2011 4:33p).]
thirdcoast
AG
HDY waste mgmt contract.

http://energy.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2393799?UserKey=#ixzz1V6LB3Vvx

The article says "drilling is due to start later this month" however, with the drillship still in Singapore my estimate is that HDY spuds mid-Oct to mid-Nov.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.