Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,124 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing I would garner from it is that it increases the likelihood that Baraka will be drilled. I don't think they'd be hiring new personnel if they were wrapping up a job (Sabu) with no future work certain to happen.
FarmerJohn
AG
I think it's inconsequential. Drillers are in high demand with a lot of new rigs coming online. Their just isn't enough experienced hands to outfit all of them. If a company isn't actively hiring in this business climate, they will soon lose a lot of experience as attrition is almost an inevitability.
ClickClack
AG
John, I would agree with your premise if it was a major working in the GoM.

This is the only rig the Jasper has working off Guinea
htownfan13
2.94 and sinking. Great chance to pick up some more and average down. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
htownfan13
P.S.

Things things aren't looking good.
LihaiAg06
AG
NM

[This message has been edited by LihaiAg06 (edited 12/13/2011 12:29p).]
Tonyperkis
AG
Really getting killed recently. Got into 2.70s
Phat32
AG
Need some good news...
piag94
AG
what's a damn shame is this the manipulation that goes on. What made this thing shoot up to almost $4 a couple weeks ago? Nothing, but some bigger players wanted out. What's knocking it down?? Nada. Once you see heavy volume, buy, because the manipulators of HDY are now back in and the price will go up.

once again, welcome to Vegas.
ClickClack
AG
Wow...2.73
Charles Bronson
It's all rigged.
Charles Bronson
Wouldn't be surprised if drilling was delayed/behind schedule much like last time and news has leaked out.
Nom de Plume
AG
IMO there isn't enough volume to substantiate any leak. We're below average today.
htownfan13
Hdy is a joke. The single worst investment I have ever made. It's amazing that ray and company pay themselves as much as they do. Mistake after mistake after mistake.
This company is the suck.
htownfan13
Third, you still averaging down?????
Nom de Plume
AG
quote:
It's all rigged.
Nom de Plume
AG
htown, do you know what is going on or why the stock is tanking? Or are you just bashing HDY because the system is playing you while we wait for drill results?
ClickClack
AG
This stock
Charles Bronson
quote:
It's all rigged.

Wait, you don't think the stock market is rigged? Please explain? I didn't think anyone thought it was a fair game anymore.
Dub_Ag
htown, you're an emotional moron. please leave this thread to the adults.
Nom de Plume
AG
quote:
Wait, you don't think the stock market is rigged?

Wait, your pun was unintentional? You're not as smart as I thought.
Charles Bronson
Ahhhh, yeah sorry I see it. Been a rough last few weeks.
Nom de Plume
AG
Agreed.
harge57
AG
Htown expecting HDY to trade like GE or T or something.

If you can't handle the volatility you need to move your money to something else.

Shocking news!!! this could go down another 10% tomorrow. Until we have drilling results there is nothing to keep this thing from flying all over the place.
htownfan13
2.68!!!!!!! Wow!!!!
Holy moly. This ain't rocket science. So, on the verge of results this thing is on the verge of hitting a buck. Hope all you don't have as many shares as I do. I will once again pray, but I'm losing all confidence in the management at this company. Hands down, the worst communication from any company I've invested in.
jimmo
so.. no one adding at these levels?
htownfan13
LOL. In the famous words of Jim Mora (with a disgusted look on my face), "Are you kidding me"???????
harge57
AG
So beyond telling us the drilling results what do you want management to communicate to the shareholders?

And does anything other than the drilling results even matter.

I agree it sucks not knowing, but we all have to wait until they have the final results. That is what you invested in OIL.
Clarendon
Got a buy order in for 500 shares @ $3.5
nnatefrogg
you mean $2.50?
Clarendon
Yeah, $2.5
fahraint
support at 2.5, 2, 1.5 and 1....wont go to one, unless the well is a dry hole
thirdcoast
AG
Wow this thread is great!

I have stated risks and likelihood of delays since the op. Most shareholders have unlimited expectations with very limited subsea drilling knowledge.

I am closing out a small hedge selling my $3 puts into Friday. Emotions among other things are telling me its a good time to buy....im looking to accumulate more at these levels.

The probability of HDY going belly up hinges on dryholes or the ROG not honoring the contract. It doesn't hinge on mgmt's decision to withhold weekely operational updates or excuses for delays.

The increase in expense due to delay is significant, but with such a volatile speculative stock its hard to know what is priced in, and where price will go in the short term...Or what announcement Ray will make next.

The Soros machine funded Conde's campaign and is "philanthropic" in the region. I believe Soros has ties to Blackrock....Blackrock is a major hdy holder. It wouldn't surprise me if Blackrock has been lending shares to shorts collecting juice and possibly shorting themselves expecting they will be able to buy much more at half the price when retail is pissing in their pants (see htownfan). Ever wonder why the same public disclosure rules don't apply to those with major positions on the short side... or disclosure of "net positions" rather than shares long?

I say this not get political but solely to make the point that Non-retail holders not only don't care about their retail investment partners, but they want their shares dirt cheap...as do potential JVs/buyers.

Conde visited the JE, he is in Ray's corner....he gets paid when oil is discovered.

As for this board, its a college investment board....not a whole lot of value IMO. I only care about myself making money, I don't care at all about managing the emotions of strangers....If b&i isn't a place for quality investment ideas and strategies, its not a place worth visiting.

I have nothing to prove and dont care to spell things out to anyone who challenges my statements.

Best of luck
fahraint
quote:
Wow this thread is great!
Not so much if you bought in at much higher levels, like back in the spring, and have been averaging down. Then, this thread is a giant millstone

The title of this thread is "Time to buy HDY". It even rhymes. Unfortunately for many, it really wasnt the time to buy HDY, as it is down now 42% from that time to buy....even without definitive drilling results.

The title should have been, "Time to put HDY on your watch list"

But, take your ball and go home, and please dont get offended so easily

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 12/13/2011 11:40p).]
Dub_Ag
fahraint, you're a troll and only post in contradiction to third. please keep your comments to yourself as most of us would prefer for you stfu.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.