Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,133 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
Clarendon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/HDY/1269922511x6588571x482818/393c4b12-3da2-4aa0-b3dd-d3a51174b665/HDY_Presentation_July_2011.pdf

See page 10 for original drilling timeline
piag94
AG
gind,
TC is way underwater with this thing so just like any other long that thinks about all the "what if this goes to $20", he is trying to talk himself back into not selling. The best thing that can happen to this stock is a "partnership". Anyone that knows anything about these types of partnerships know it's basically a VC giving them cash and "if" oil is found HDY gets very little, but gets to keep the doors open.

always leave emotion at the door
akaggie05
AG
Is this guy running the call drunk?
LostInLA07
AG
If the drilling contractor was really that crappy, shouldn't HDY have some sort of recourse?
Clarendon
RL just stated at the SHM that HDY only paid them for 40% of their time at the well and Jasper was not paid for their down time. We still had to pay for all of the support contractors during this time though.
thirdcoast
AG
Piag/Grind,

Please take the trolling to the other thread. I will feed you there.
thirdcoast
AG
ASM:

I thought Ray did a good job addressing key fundamental material points.

As some of us already knew, HDY never had the wherewithal to develop the ultra deep turbidite plays. They were able to successfully spud a well in 2011 with the full 77% satisfying the PSC and ensuring that anyone who wanted in on this very large concession would have to go through them. They did not make a commercial discovery, devaluing the shelf. However, Sabu prelim logging has increased the deep turbidite...this has appeared to have generated interest from outside operators. 3D release on the deeper portion of the concession is the next material event. (march/April)

Farmout with major operator partner is clearly coming. This is where the next speculation will be....who?...how much $/%?

Dilution not coming.

The "Transformational deal" fell through likely because it was contingent on sabu commercial discovery from the other party's perspective or certain share price from Ray's perspective.

With regards to drilling delays, its still very evident that the retail investment community is unaware of a lot of things obvious to some of us. Ray is partially to blame with his very ambitious timeline (I was critical of him for that).
Anyway, I had 2 different rig down situations call out for tools/spares the last 2 Saturdays in a row. We shipped out of Houston to Fourchon to a waiting chopper or boat. It doesn't work like that in Guinea and won't anytime soon, not for hyper, anadarko, or any other operator. Not saying shareholders don't have reason to be upset with JE or AGR, just saying things are different and drilling surprises are common...the surprises will be handled by seasoned pros as drilling moves forward.

If you are in the business you know what the trends are with west Africa...I have seen great internal projections within my own employer for the region. The size of the HDY concession hasn't changed, HDY has more money in the bank than they did trading above $6. The ASM was far from a funeral, and this company is certainly not dead at this stage.

These are the facts, facts are what keep me buying when others panic and get emotional.

I would urge anyone interested to listen to the facts presented in the ASM via recording before blowing up this thread with questions already clearly anwered.

Just my 2 cents or "sunshine pumping" as others like to call it

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/17/2012 11:15a).]
ClickClack
AG
Thirdcoast, I was also at the Shareholders Meeting and I think you summed up the key points pretty well. I, for one, was pleased with how Ray laid out where we are, what the Sabu well tells us, and what we're going to do in 2012. I'm actually pretty excited. I think we are more valuable now than ever. Yes, I'm well aware of where the share price is (before I get flamed for that). I think some upcoming events such as the 3d results and partnerships will reflect this, though.
04.arch.ag
AG
so the $10 mil deposit is gone on the transformational deal
thirdcoast
AG
Yep, from what i gather the 10 mil is gone.

It appears that both parties more or less put a wager on commercial success at Sabu.

Ray's excuse was that it was a plan for the best case senario. In hindsight it turned out to be a bad decsion.

without knowing the terms it is hard to say if it was stupid to make the deal at the time...

That was a major disappointment, but he did say there were still open lines of communication with regards to diversification.
piag94
AG
Click,
did you get back in HDY? On the other thread MILL, you said you were out.

just curious
ClickClack
AG
Yes, I got back in at 2.59
Diet Cokehead
AG
I'm out at about a 60% loss. You win some, you lose some.

I am not at all impressed with Ray's leadership. It seems as thought he always plans for the best case scenario and has pretty weak (if any) contingency plans in place in the event things don't go perfectly.

Good luck to those of you that stay. I'm just tired of the poor PR and overly optimistic management.
thirdcoast
AG
Piag,

Why are you so interested in keeping tabs on other people's personal investments, while openly proclaiming that you never disclose your own personal investments?

I think that is a very fair question.

Just curious....if you are not here to trade, invest, or learn, one can only assume you are a degenerate troll.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/17/2012 12:56p).]
htownfan13
sorry I have been on a 24 hour ban, apparently we have some sensitive folks around here.

Third, bottom line... you have got to be out a ton of money. Not sure why you don't see the reality of the situation. You invested in a company that basically struck out. Fine, it isn't over yet, but you are waaaaaay down. I just can't seem to understand why you are still ok with that.
FishrCoAg
AG
htown
Maybe because he is using speculative funds for this investment, realizes the risk, is willing to take it for the possible reward and not beyotch about it every time something goes the wrong way. I'm still long on it, but not enough to affect my life style if I lose it all.

[This message has been edited by FishrCoAg (edited 2/18/2012 8:51a).]
thirdcoast
AG
Htown,
If you realized a loss that's too bad.

I have averaged down, made some money trading options, but haven't sold. Its not a loss until you sell and realize loss despite being down. I understand the timeframes for developing these assets and the dynamics of who ultimately reaps the reward for the asset.

Yes, without a commercial discovery at Sabu, significant short term upside has been lost.

Regarding drilling delays:

I get drilling updates daily, I understand that rigs run into problems and often call out for additional adaptors/tools/spares ect. When that happens to the the biggest operators, supplied by the best service providers in the world, from the quickest most developed highways, ports, vessels in the world, there are still delays and problems. These operators don't give updates to shareholders if a well is way behind schedule or they have permiting issues. Its not material at their scale. With tiny HDY with no revenue, shareholders got way more updates than normal and still complained about not getting updates.

No one seems to recognize how quick Ray struck a deal with a rig and spudded the well in virgin territory with basically 3rd world infrastructure. This saved the concession due to PSC terms. However, shareholders seem to expect everything to work like it would in the GOM serviced out of Houston.

I think Ray made a mistake not labeling his drilling timeline as ambitious, but at the time I think he was more focused on spudding in 2011 to maintain the license to the giant concession. Other operators were unsure if HDY would be able to pull that off and lose the license.

Unlimited shareholder expectations with limited subsea knowledge along with irrational emotions are what we see all over this thread. Its actually microcosm of the market to some degree, and is what makes it easy for shares to flow from weak hands to strong ones.

I don't like the current sp one bit, but with my risk tolerance, time horizon and an ability to rationalize rather that emotionalize, this not something that I feel is over.

Certain money was behind putting Conde into office, that same force wants a long term return on both Guinea mining and offshore resources. IMO that entity is very much aware of the concession license and how to profit from it. I think they want to profit from it more than anyone one else, especially American retail shareholders.

Ive made tons of posts and from pg 1 to 40 talk about retail shareholders getting shaken down. I am not going to keep repeatedly feeding emotional trolls looking for any type of info to ease their mind. Plenty rational posts up already just way too much emotional noise.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/18/2012 9:40a).]
mays04
AG
i got in at 2.60 with an amount that was right for the risk. so its down, its part of the deal.
htownfan13
I'm not selling until this company goes out of business or hits oil. I refuse to sell for a loss, will just pray every day that a miracle happens.
thirdcoast
AG
Its ok htown we all know you already sold for loss. But glad to hear you are hedging your enotions with a long paper troll trade, despite being convinced its all already over.

quote:

htownfan13 4:10p, 02/15/12
This company sucks ass. Third, this was a huge bust. Terrible call, lots of us lost money. You fail to criticize. Ray made out just fine.

Remember, trolls get fed at the other thread
12atm
how long before we get back to the 2 dollar range? Avg. down to 1.70
VanWinkle23
Thirdcoast, I'd lay off some of the name calling. Sometimes when you think are right, it's best to keep your mouth shut.

With that said, remember you are only 4 years out of Mays. Take that into Consideration and also the notion that over those 4 years you have bounced around employers. So, you likely still have alot to learn. Piag is a grown man, part of a successful business, and this isn't his first rodeo.

It's ok to have an opinion, but stop being a 26 year old expert in the O&G field.

[This message has been edited by Vanwinkle23 (edited 2/18/2012 4:35p).]
Nom de Plume
AG
Pardon me fellas, but if you're interested in some very good "where are we now/where are we headed" discussion, this thread is entertaining to say the least.

http://investorvillage.com/mbthread.asp?mb=10989&nhValue=65317&nmValue=65357&dValue=1&tid=11469192&showall=1

[This message has been edited by Nom de Plume (edited 2/18/2012 4:55p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Never said I was an "expert" in o&g, doesn't take an expert to understand what is involved in drilling delays.

Not 26 or 4 years out of Mays?

Don't know who you have stalked...or spent time trying to track down.

I don't care who piag is or why he had you post on here in his defense. I actually think that is hilarious.

Anyone who comes on here and proclaims that they don't disclose their personal investments, then insists others do while clearly proving they are not here to learn/trade/invest....has to be a troll.

I can only judge based on what people post on this thread.

I dont spend time researching to try and find peoples identity.
VanWinkle23
Then would you care to explain:

Job Network

Topic: Houston Headhunters
thirdcoast
posted 1:50p, 12/06/10

Anyone know of good headhunter contacts or firms around Houston?

Young professional with 2yrs post grad experience in sales and project mgmt. Have been in oil and gas industry, but open to any field.

thanks in advance

-Mays FINC & MKTG, 08"

What is 2008?

In 2010 you have 2 years of postgrad experience. 2010 - 2 = Graduated in 2008. Ok so 25-27 year old know it all.
VanWinkle23
I could also post your call to Houston headhunters indicating that this wasting you posting for a friend, but instead looking for yourself.
VanWinkle23
Here is one from around graduation/just after may graduation of drumbroll.....2008!

"thirdcoast
posted 4:47p, 08/03/08

I interviewed with ameriprise recently and asked him how the current market affects biz. He said during times like these people surrender their funds to advisors because they are getting creamed in this difficult market on their own....expect a draw or some sort of compensation like that initially and look into the cert tests you may need to take."

Should I post more?
VanWinkle23
Funny how you confused the career center and aggiecareers. Since the career center is for recent graduates, and the confusion is timestamped 2008, do you have any explaination? Again, it pouints to a 2008 graduation more and more with turn of the page.

"thirdcoast
posted 4:52p, 10/16/08

If you are "preselected" for an interview are you emailed a notice?

Does it show up in "my alerts"?

How do you know if you have been preselected?

AggieCareers
posted 4:55p, 10/16/08

You need to contact the career center for the answer to those questions

thirdcoast
posted 5:01p, 10/16/08

my bad thought they were the same site"
VanWinkle23
Now do you care to revise your previous statement about your graduation date?

If you are dishonest about your graduation date and your years of experience, then how can your "expertise" plastered throughout this thread not be raised into question?
thirdcoast
AG
LOL !!!!

Wow I must have really gotten to Piag!

How about you look up my address and come knock on my door

I'm class of 07, i'm 27 yr old

I was a roughneck/roustabout my freshman year. I was actively trading then, and still am today, working for a fortune 100 subsea service company. This play isn't as much about o&g experience as it is about understanding how other things work.

Who are you, let's meet for a drink....i'm always looking for a better paying job!

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/18/2012 6:12p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Dp

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/18/2012 5:14p).]
thirdcoast
AG
But hey VanW,
I probably will leave now that this thread has anonymous internet badasses gettting other internet badasses to post in their defense spending hours of important internet detective work!!!!

Piag, must be pretty important and very successful to have you here lol!!!!!

I have been migrating back to IV anyway....they care more about money than internet reputations lol

You can find me here everyone
http://www.investorvillage.com/groups.asp?mb=10989&mn=65467&pt=msg&mid=11470462

And VanWink, the opportunity to meet me in person to really find out about my experience still stands, anytime any place!
thirdcoast
AG
Only the most successful businessmen spend hours on texags trying to reveal the identity of anonymous poster!

Thanks for smile piag/vanW!!
VanWinkle23
Gladly.

Email me - Franklinpappy15 @ gmail.com

Sadly, the search to bust you took less than a minute with the new updated search function.

I dont have a dog in this fight. I just thought the rest of the board might want to know your actual level of experience.

Search: username thirdcoast - then move to the Ticket exchange/job network where people always let their guard down,and then profit.

Anger is always the first emotion of an outed troll. Sorry to bust the aura of omniscience you so obviously were enjoying.

There is something about the O&G field that promotes trolls. Ask echols/5aggies/ctag85 on the MBB board.

[This message has been edited by VanWinkle23 (edited 2/18/2012 5:32p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Lol

Email coming

I have left this thread for an extended period of time before, I only came back because others asked me to.

I have absolutely nothing to gain here anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.