Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,135 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
piag94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what's the largest one day volume on this thing?
Nom de Plume
AG
Think it was ~24M. Today eclipsed that.
Northside
Does anyone know how much money they have? If I were to guess, it take another 12 months before they drill again. They need to raise capital again, identify their next target, contract new ship (most time consuming IMO). At least 12 months. I imagine ray will lay out a plan tomorrow.
Northside
Keep in mind, ray followed through on his word. He drilled a well. That's what the plan was. Cost overruns and delays are factors 99% of the time. I haven't decided yet, but I'll prob stick around for round 2. At this point, might as well.
thirdcoast
AG
Ray is thinking along the lines of a partner for future exploration. HDY shareholders should start thinking that way too.

HDY drilled the well maintaining the full 77%.
They had outside operators interested before. They have interest now.

Everyone expects the major prospects are in the turbidite fans. This logging just strengthens those expectations.

This has been a long week waiting for this evening and tomorrow morning, but it is almost here and I expect we hear things along the lines of PARTNER.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/16/2012 2:18p).]
gindaloon
AG
Taking on a partner because they have to or because they want to? One is more preferable than the other.

To answer the question, their current liquidity position is about $46 mm.
thirdcoast
AG
You want sunshine pumping?

Read my 8:34 am post a couple times

giving up interest for cash and diversification

I was talking about this when you and others were emotionally attacking me at the HDY low while I was emotionaly proclaiming the "last great buy" around $1.05....where htown sold out

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/16/2012 6:58p).]
thirdcoast
AG
Htown, this is for you lol!!!

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faruqi--faruqi-llp-announces-investigation-of-hyperdynamics-corporation-139480538.html

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/16/2012 7:12p).]
gindaloon
AG
The eternal bull lives on.
thirdcoast
AG
You playing gindy?
Holding?
gindaloon
AG
Your standard response to anyone that is not a bull.
thirdcoast
AG
Nope, I just think its funny you call me a sunshine pumper, then ask for my dd, get it, then pu55 out and criticize me when I ask a simple question...I mean don't you think that is funny?
Ragoo
AG
I sold out. Swallow my pride and live to win another day. Down 1600 total after being up 1000.
gindaloon
AG
Stock has been as low as $1.01 and as high as $5.90 (from a vague memory) yet it has always been a buy to you. You reference "tute" ownership. I post facts about "tute" ownership. Another poster questions CEO making $1mm a year for company with zero revenues and has to raise money often. You say no big deal in realm of CEO pay. From the day you posted there has been a bearish case and a bullish case for this stock. However, you attack the bearish case and then love to change the metrics ie when bull case takes a hit you say, "plenty of opportunities to day trade and make money."

Aside from calling you a pumper please tell me about my emotional attacks. I did not call you a liar. I did not blame you for losses as others have. You are the one that has issues with differing opinions.

Enjoy the cocktail party. At least you can get a free buzz at HDY expense.

Those price ranges are approximations since the day you first posted about this stock.
[This message has been edited by gindaloon (edited 2/16/2012 7:35p).]

[This message has been edited by gindaloon (edited 2/16/2012 7:50p).]
Tonyperkis
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by Tonyperkis (edited 2/16/2012 7:39p).]
gindaloon
AG
Oh and speaking of emotions, watch out for Broton. Guy is talking about Ray needing security. Weird.
04.arch.ag
AG
Being investigated for fraud now
LostInLA07
AG
quote:
Being investigated for fraud now

Don't those shareholder suits happen anytime a company share price plummets? Just attorneys fishing for money...?
thirdcoast
AG
Lawyers fishing

There are a lot of po'd shareholders that have been shaken down by volatility....lawyers feeding on demand from people like htown who blame Ray personally.
gindaloon
AG
I hate lawyers and these BS lawsuits but HDY will have to hire defense council to fight or settle. A company with revenue and liquidity usually a non-issue but with HDY...
Clarendon
Did anyone go to the HDY cocktail party tonight?
LostInLA07
AG
I was really hoping for pictures of htown protesting the CEOs salary
12atm
after hours trading up!
Northside
Seriously wtf happened at the cock tail party.
Clarendon
Someone will probably post on iv tonight
surveyor05
AG
http://investorvillage.com/groups.asp?mb=10989&mn=65233&pt=msg&mid=11464669
harge57
AG
^^^ From that link

quote:
The general mood there was positive, but not completely festive. Most everyone seemed happy, and there was only one person that I could see who seemed agitated. My wife pointed him out to me - I would have wanted to get close to his conversation with Ray to hear the interaction, but I couldn't just abandon those I was with.

Looks like Htown did make it...
agate
Hello thirdcoast, thanks for sharing.
agate
Hello thirdcoast, thanks for sharing.
thirdcoast
AG
Gindy

quote:

However, you attack the bearish case

Lol, with 40 pgs surely you could post at least one quote as evidence, no?

But, hey its very clear from this pg alone that me sharing dd and simply asking if you are in the game is seen as an "attack"

keep trolling.... i'm an emotional sunshine pumper

take this to the sandbox thread, and join the likes of piag....not an attack, just a plea. Congrats you have earned your first shovel, go dig in the sand box and I will check in later

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/57/Topics/2042545

Going to keep this thread on topic. Took off today. Will be at the ASM. I will continue to post pertinent info and facts because I know there are people not posting that still reference this thread for constructive discussion....

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 2/17/2012 7:05a).]
gindaloon
AG
Stock closed at 4.65 the day of your first post. Yesterday closed at 1.44. Down 69%. Even if someone bought all the dips that you said too the are way under water.

There is an expression out there amongst real traders, "averaging down has killed more Jews than Hitler."
Dub_Ag
Third, your thoughts and perspective from last night's cocktail party would be greatly appreciated. I've read all through the IV posts about "light atmosphere and good moods" but I'd like to hear your take.
Clarendon
So was 3rd supposed to know that we were going to get a drillship that could not perform?

Per an HDY presentation from around July (it is on their website), Sabu was supposed be finished in november and well 2 should have been finished before the end of 2011. We had money for 2 wells until the Jasper drillship screwed up. Things could have been very different if we got to drill the 2nd well and we would not have had to do the 10 million share offering before them 2nd well was completed.

[This message has been edited by Clarendon (edited 2/17/2012 8:45a).]
Clarendon
From IV

http://www.investorvillage.com/mbthread.asp?mb=10989&tid=11465148&showall=1

Tidbits that make you go WTF?:

1. Jasper Explorer crew completely debarked in Cape Town South Africa on the way begin drilling. Singaporean crew. Literally never came back. Eventually ended up with a Baltic crew and that's when things started going right.

2. So many potential items on the rig that wouldn't pass safety check they had to suspend drilling operations. (as later reported). No mention of blow out preventer. Putting 2 and 2 together possibly the only rig we could get at the time and the PSC was counting down to 12/31/11.

thirdcoast
AG
Gindy, do everyone a favor and take it to the other thread.

cocktail party is history, tune into the ASM

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.