Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,128 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
Nom de Plume
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Judging from the continued conversation on the IV forum, it LOOKS like there was a misunderstanding and the only info relayed today was a rehash from the November 9 conference call. The info posted above is not an update as of today, per a poster on that board. FWIW
FishrCoAg
AG
What is the IV forum?
Sims
AG
I'll assume investor village.
htownfan13
this crappy stock is approaching 3 again. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate HDY. I got too much money tied up in this cruuuudy stock and could be making plenty elsewhere.
I hate HDY, cant wait to get out.
BT1395
AG
quote:
I hate HDY, cant wait to get out.

Is trading halted? If not, feel free to press the little button that says "sell".
Northside
H town - your mood swings mirror that of a female during her monthly "rough patch." I'm pretty sure you can't handle this type of stock so you should hop out before it heads south. You do realize if results are poor, you will likely take a significant loss. Also, I'd be willing to bet if share price hits your break even point, you'd hold.
04.arch.ag
AG
the only reason to have purchased this stock in the last year or so (which i have bought a small interest in) is basically a gamble of whether or not they hit. until results are anounced you might as well take it off your radar.
htownfan13
I'm all in. Just hate who I'm relying on. I don't take many losses, but I fear this may be my biggest.
Running with the Bulls
^^^ "all in" and "don't take many losses" Does not compute

[This message has been edited by Running with the Bulls (edited 12/7/2011 2:33p).]
BT1395
AG
quote:
I'm all in. Just hate who I'm relying on.

Who are you relying on? Please tell me you didn't go "all in" based on some random internet forum. That is, unless of course, by "all in", you mean somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.
htownfan13
300 bucks... Not even close. I have thousands of shares. If I lose then I lose, I will be fine. I'm just very frustrated with ray and company. Many are, and we certainly should be. I would be stupid to dump now, hoping for the high reward. I'm just guilty of believing the hype and buying too many shares. Trust me, I hope I'm wrong.
TTUBBA85
What is this aggies? Hey I am only a pizza Tech guy but I would not have touched this dog. Playing spin the wheel with a company with terrible to flat performance going back 4 years. Granted its an oil spec stock with little to no dept and with its terrible ratios Its not likely to get any capital unless it does something fast with a deep pocketed cowboy riding to the rescue.

Its a wildcatter play. All or nothing; which is fine but this thread dominates the txags business and investment forum. Lots of stocks like this, why HDY it had its big run up before this thread was opened. did "someone" "leak" they were about to "hit it big"?

If I may make a suggestion, if you want to play a dangerous wildcatter oil stock look at cwei, Clayton Williams and yes I believe he is an ancient Aggie. But he has a history of doing this right. That aggie has made me some nice money in the past. Its a game he knows how to play and has been for a long time. But be warned the guy is getting old. AND STUDY THE DAMN CHARTS AND RATIOS going back to 1998. You will see clear patterns.

Guns Up

[This message has been edited by TTUBBA85 (edited 12/8/2011 9:00a).]
Sims
AG
I would also look into DPZ
TTUBBA85
Simms,

Now that is a great looking l.t. chart. Even held together in the dips in '09 and '10. If the "tards" went long on that one while you clowns piled into HDY look for the tards to buy aTm and rename it TTUCS. So what, its a state institution but everything has a price. Besides aTm is cheap right now with a move to the SEC and no coach. That stock has taken a beating and is a steal if you can get some management in there with IQ's above 70.

BTW. I would not go long right now on cwei. Play it on the cycles. In fact pending how this EU joke plays out I MIGHT short it. All oils are very dangerous right now. I am not going to hold any position for long in this nutty environment.

[This message has been edited by TTUBBA85 (edited 12/8/2011 9:21a).]
harge57
AG
^^Say what?

Did that guy just go full retard?

[This message has been edited by harge57 (edited 12/8/2011 10:46a).]
Sims
AG
He is saying that if Texas Tech were to have incested all of their money in Dominos they would be able to buy Texas A&M who would have invested all of their money in Hyperdynamics based on the performance of those stocks over similar time periods. They would then rename Texas A&M Texas Tech University - College Station.

That probably wouldn't clear the FDA so it's moot.

He also claims that Texas A&M moving to the SEC without a coach somehow devalues our brand. While seemingly implying that Texas Tech staying in the Big 12-2-1+1-1 with their coach who most Red Raiders would LIKE to fire somehow puts a premium on their school. I would disagree. He then takes a shot at our athletic director. Our athletic director who has our school poised in the top 10 for overall athletic department performance. Hopefully he realizes their dear leader presided over an athletic department that is under investigation for treating players to sex parties, nightclub outings, cars and other improper benefits to 72 football players and other athletes at Miami for parts of 2002 - 2010.

But hey, who's counting.
Bob Kelso
AG
Why does he post up his inferiority complex before anyone says anything to him? Good lord. Could have said nothing.

This ain't the rivalries board.
htownfan13
2.99 and sinking
TTUBBA85
Simms

Not bad at all. Sorry you had to explain it to your slow aggie brotha '57. I did not address Tech's "brand" directly just having a little fun with your little pizza jab at me. Pretty funny. To be honest, I cant refute a thing you said. Yes, our "stock" price is down also. And to think you guys wanted Tuberville as your CEO. I understand some aggies are still interested; by all means please take him. Those CEO types do not work at Tech. We tend to do better with the out of the box risk taker types.

And those blasting me for having a little fun, something I know some of you aggies struggle with. My point was why does this wildcatter, no revenue generating, cash bleeding, "one and a million" dog stock have a 26 page thread on txags. I though it was interesting. BTW if they hit oil before they run out of cash you might get rich but probably not. Good luck.
harge57
AG
You do realize they are > 3/4 ths of the way complete with drilling the first well? And days from knowing if they own a very large oil reserve with a very high percentage of ownership?

Yes cost have been higher than expected due to drilling delays but everyone here understands that we are taking a gamble on whether they hit oil or not.

BT1395
AG
Stop feeding the troll.

For the love of all things pure and righteous, let's please get this thread back to a reasonable discussion about HDY. Come back home, thirdcoast.
jm94
AG
3.04 -0.17 -5.30%
Northside
3rd- expectations for dec 9?
Dub_Ag
i think third's gone. gotta look to IV to follow
Nom de Plume
AG
I don't understand the "I'm not going to waste my time here anymore" statements, especially when you know good and well what you offer is appreciated by 90% of the posters. The other 10% need to be ignored. The only drama on a message board is that which you create.

This is happening on several of the forums I'm on regularly, and often the folks that have the very best information have the thinnest skin when it comes to other posters talking *****or doubting them in general. I don't get it.
Dub_Ag
what ever came of lease expiration?
GaryClare
AG

[This message has been edited by GaryClare (edited 9/1/2013 2:01p).]
fahraint
I hope for the sake of longs that Sabu hits...if it doesnt hit, it is a long long way to bottom from here. Stock price is sitting on 3 for a good reason
TTUBBA85
Gary: What is the reasoning behind the company's severe lack of communication? My biggest issue with this company is they don't communicate any timely information. Any thoughts from someone who has been with this a while?

Maybe this is a clue this company is in real trouble. I mean who is going to loan them any money given their ratios unless they are "getting close". If that were the case they would be yelling that from the highest mountain. The question I would ask is "Does anyone have a clue how much operating capital they REALLY have"

Trolling BT ? nope, looking for ideas and having a laugh along the way. And if you could read you would have known I have contributed one; cwei. It's a wildcatter with both history and revenues. And if you get your jollies on high risk high reward plays it has that too. cwei is high, around 85, right now but it moves in dramatic cyclical fashion. So if you are cool with shorting and playing cyclicals cwei maybe your deal. Beware, like all small caps it has low volume and erratic execution times and will hand you your butt if you are not very careful. I would use limit orders only. Sorry but hdy looks like a water cooler play. Do whatever its just an idea.

But if anyone knows of a little known, small cap, energy stock with a little positive history, good management, and good ratios, you know so they could get capital if they need it, please share. hdy is a suggestion just probably not a good one.

[This message has been edited by TTUBBA85 (edited 12/12/2011 7:50a).]
LihaiAg06
AG
There is speculation about what their recently posted job offering means...

http://www.jasperoffshore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=145
Phat32
AG
What is that speculation?
TxAg20
AG
They're looking to hire a toolpusher and other hands on the Jasper Explorer. Could be because the employees currently in those roles are not doing a good job. It could mean the employees currently in those roles got better jobs elsewhere. It could mean the employees currently in those roles were only temporary and need to be replaced by fulltime, long-term employees. It could mean a bunch of things.

I'm holding HDY shares at pretty good loss right now. I'm very familiar with the land side of exploration and production. The news that Jasper is hiring for that rig could be positive, negative, or inconsequential. It makes no difference in my decision of what to do with my HDY shares.

CheladaAg
AG
If those job postings are "recent", as in post drilling this well that could mean the previous men holding these positions involved did a "No-no" that may have hindered the success of drilling and completing the well and they were relieved of duties. Definitely a reason to speculate the current status of this stock. Hopefully the oil is still there but any type of misstep in drilling and completion operations offshore can be VERY costly.

[This message has been edited by boyz05 (edited 12/12/2011 10:41a).]
LihaiAg06
AG
quote:
If those job postings are "recent", as in post drilling this well that could mean the previous men holding these positions involved did a "No-no" that may have hindered the success of drilling and completing the well and they were relieved of duties. Definitely a reason to speculate the current status of this stock. Hopefully the oil is still there but any type of misstep in drilling and completion operations offshore can be VERY costly.

Could it also mean that the first well was a success and they need more workers for the next well??
Phat32
AG
I like how you think Lihai

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.