Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

233,944 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, if Fahraint had a buy order in... pretty good day.
fahraint
It's time to take profit on this one...reload
fahraint
Im out of HDY, focused on something else right now...but, for those of you interested, based on the 60 minute chart and daily, my next buy point would be 3.6

have a good weekend!

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 10/7/2011 11:04a).]
LihaiAg06
AG
Looking to sell around $4.50. I don't think we'll get any PR this week. I'm guessing it will hit resistance around $4.50 and drop back down to the high $3s, low $4s and hover around there until a PR. Any other thoughts?
Nom de Plume
AG
Those are exactly my thoughts and I came to post the same.
fahraint
Pull back imminent....on the 60 minute time frame....still looking for an initial buy point at 3.6
fahraint
HDY is an interesting play to me.....scale in buy points, my first is 3.6

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 2/17/2012 9:53a).]
Basketball and Chain
AG
What buy points are you looking at for CEF and MCP?
Nom de Plume
AG
fahraint, I'd be interested in your 60min HDY chart if you're able to post. TIA
thirdcoast
AG
FYI, hdy is currently drilling for oil.

They hold 77% of the largest single concession offshore west Africa.

Just something to consider along with the 60min and daily charts.

LihaiAg06
AG
I'm not confident, but I doubt we'll hear anything about what they initially find for a couple weeks. Other thoughts?
fahraint
Nom, see if this works for HDY

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=HDY&p=60&yr=0&mn=2&dy=0&id=p80888633941

It doesnt work very well....my wife just clicked it....I get much more detail logged in. The 60 minute is way overbought, and will pull back soon. I use the 60 minute chart for entry points, I dont enter when it is this overbought

hope this helps! 3rd coast, I like HDY, thanks for posting this thread!

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 2/17/2012 9:54a).]
Basketball and Chain
AG
Thanks for the info.
Nom de Plume
AG
Thanks for the chart. I don't have a login but will sign up and see if that helps with the details on that link.

So far, so good again today. I'd like to see $5.50-6.00 with this stock, but I'd like to not ride it down to $3.60 AGAIN.

4.49 +0.08 (1.81%)
LihaiAg06
AG
Sold at 4.52...expecting a drop and will reenter at a later time.
Phat32
AG
Probably smart, but hindsight is definitely 20/20 with this stock.
Bird Poo
AG
fahraint,

I have no idea how to read those charts. Is there some guidance you can provide on investment strategy with these?

I know that nothing is 100%, but it seems like a decent short term predicter for small gains (although you were able to load up when it got down to $3.10).

Regardless, my novice attempt to interpret the chart you provided is that the MA and stock price have intersected. Is this significant in the chart world?

From this thread alone you have demonstrated success from reading the charts. I would appreciate any educational tools you could recommend for a newbie. Thanks!
thirdcoast
AG
As someone familiar with TA who has watched HDY cloely for over 2 yrs I find odd that so much weight would be placed on HDY TA at this point in the game.

Best of luck timing to make a quick buck or increase ownership, but dont forget you are likely battling against those playing with more capital and better info.

I have mentioned the retail vs tute dynamic all over this thread. Capitalism at it's finest. The good news is the playing field is being leveled as realtime trades and analysis is now as easy as reaching in your pocket

Not to mention mobile texags threads.

Best to all longs!

[This message has been edited by Thirdcoast (edited 10/12/2011 12:39p).]
TxAg20
AG
I dumped my 7000 shares at $4.51. I didn't mean to get such a large position, but I kept averaging down. If it pulls back close to $4 I'll buy some more.
fahraint
kayak....I learned much from reading others at this site....some of it is garbage, but, some is very good...the best ones have the humility to admit when wrong.
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorites.CServlet?obj=public&cmd=show&disp=RED

After using the free stuff for several years, I finally subscribed to make my own charts...it has been well worth it

HTH!

[This message has been edited by fahraint (edited 2/17/2012 9:56a).]
Northside
3rd- any drilling updates, timelines, etc?
Nom de Plume
AG
They hit oil and I'm buying a pair of Kias.
Sims
AG
quote:
Hyperdynamics spuds first exploration well, Sabu-1 Offshore Guinea
Charles Bronson
Shorts continue to pile on in the face of drilling. Can't lie, i was fully expecting the SP to be WELL ABOVE $4 at this point. I hope we strike oil and break the sh** out of em.
thirdcoast
AG
My guess is they are running hangers and casing strings down hole and drilling to the desired depth as we speak.
LihaiAg06
AG
Today's PR was nothing we didn't already know...guessing a significant PR won't be for another 2-3 weeks.
thirdcoast
AG
I wouldn't expect any material pr prior to mid-late nov.

It doesn't get any more frontier than this. Maybe even a slight delay due to the virginity of the region. It's important to make an accurate analysis/pr up front.
JCIrulz
Anyone think Ray is hanging out on the rig during drilling?
Nom de Plume
AG
Confession:
I got concerned yesterday when it jumped down to 4.16 and dumped my shares. Holding them overnight had cost me thousands, I was pissed and I wasn't riding the train down sub-4 again. I know better than to emotionally trade on a drop like that in the first 15 minutes because you're almost always way too late. As I was. Looks like I may have to pay for it to get back in. Ugh.
AFarmer95
AG
I think I might have bought some of those. I will probably be looking to sale if they push 5 ish.

[This message has been edited by AFarmer95 (edited 10/14/2011 9:25a).]
fahraint
Nom, you'll get a chance to get them lower, imo, with patience

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=HDY&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=p23684973917
Charles Bronson
quote:
Confession:
I got concerned yesterday when it jumped down to 4.16 and dumped my shares. Holding them overnight had cost me thousands, I was pissed and I wasn't riding the train down sub-4 again. I know better than to emotionally trade on a drop like that in the first 15 minutes because you're almost always way too late. As I was. Looks like I may have to pay for it to get back in. Ugh.

Tell me about it, i did the exact same thing several months ago. Fahraint may be right, but imo all bets are off at this point since we are so close to the moment of truth.
AFarmer95
AG
I think at this point the charts mean very little. It is a just poker game now between shorts and longs until news is out.
Nom de Plume
AG
Agreed. I'm hoping to get back in on one of those "why the hell did it just dip 9%?" drops like yesterday.
TxAg20
AG
Any news?

I just put in an after hours order at $4.32. I sold at $4.51 hoping to get in on another dip below $4. If the first well is looking good, information should start leaking out soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.