Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Time to buy HDY

240,145 Views | 1784 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Decay
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rode it from $2.81 to $3.43 and sold. I've watched this go up and get excited about my gains only for them to be lost by the next week too many times. I want to be in this when results are announced, though. I'll be monitoring it closely for a re-entry point.
Dub_Ag
quote:
Where's htown?

He's in SA for a wedding. Off the grid.
htownfan13
htownfan13
I need it to get back past mid 4s. Lol.
Phat32
AG
Ever heard of averaging down?
htownfan13
Lolol. Yeah I do that with stocks like Byd and mgm....stocks that I make profits on. Not Hdy. If it breaks 4 then I may dump.
BT1395
AG
quote:
Lolol. Yeah I do that with stocks like Byd and mgm....stocks that I make profits on. Not Hdy. If it breaks 4 then I may dump.

Please do - then you'll have no reason to bother yourself with this pathetic stock and this worthless thread. You've obviously got much more important things to be dealing with than us losers do.

Adios.
Ragoo
AG
I made a nice profit.
ClickClack
AG
HDY Operational Update before the bell this morning. They made progress but have encountered more delays:

http://investors.hyperdynamics.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=641481
htownfan13
LOL BT. A little jumpy I see. I would be too, you obviously are waaay down. Don't blame me.
Nom de Plume
AG
I typically like to make a little on irrational folks bailing out, but wasn't quick enough this morning. ~2.70 to 3.15 in 6 minutes would have been a nice jumpstart to the week.
ClickClack
AG
Got as low as 2.52 I believe. Could have made 15% in 5 minutes.
Phat32
AG
Someone sold 550,000 shares at the bell.
Nom de Plume
AG
It wasn't me.

This thing may finish where it started today. That is awesome. Nothing really changed, except perhaps a timeline.

I got back out with a modest gain this round. I'm hopeful for another disappointing PR so I can bank next time.
Running with the Bulls
^^^^^ Good call! Almost even for the day!
AFarmer95
AG
damn almost pulled the trigger at 3.10 and chickened out.
ClickClack
AG
As of now, it is up for the day
04.arch.ag
AG
It's a good sign for the overall value of this stock to rebound after the panic sell off his morning.
Nom de Plume
AG
No doubt. It also gives a glimpse to what will happen if the hole is dry.
piag94
AG
It's a good sign for the overall value of this stock
------------------
huh? The stock is worthless. This company has no earnings. It's a complete spec play....which is fine, but please don't say the "value" of the compnay.
Nom de Plume
AG
Of course in this case "value" can only be measured in terms of its perception. The fact it bounced back yesterday and finished positive shows the "value" in the eye of the holders/investors didn't change, which is a good thing. IMO

[This message has been edited by Nom de Plume (edited 1/24/2012 8:31a).]
ClickClack
AG
And Greece continues to bring down the stock market..
04.arch.ag
AG
There was a negative press release and it closed the day positive. In previous situations we have watched HDY drop 30-40% and takes weeks/months to regain. I hope it is a sign that the shorts manipulation is coming to an end since the they are reaching the production zones of drilling. Also I am not so sure the press release was as negative as originally anticipated since they announced a halt in drilling for a week or so. They also announced the 3d works completion and prelim results due in March.

Also HDY has some 80 million in cash with roughly 30 milion in overages for Sabu-1. A porion of that is sure to be covered by the 23% Dana owns and I would be suprsed if Jasper wasnt held somewhat accountable for portions of the delay monetarily.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Sold my position for a nice 50% return.

I will wait for a small decline and potentially buy back in.

~egon
0708aggie
AG
Anyone get the proxy in the mail. Board wants to increase the available shares by 100 million.
Running with the Bulls
News out... Back drilling again as of Jan 29th.
ClickClack
AG
After that 8-K form, I'm officially done with HDY.

In on Miller Energy Resources (MILL)
piag94
AG
After that 8-K form, I'm officially done with HDY.
----------------------
you're betting on one thing with this stock....they hit oil. nothing more, nothing less.

Play the swings if you'd like. Just remember, this company is WORTHLESS until they hit oil. They will continue to burn through money, because they no have way of generating it. No big news there. Like I've said, I'd love to see HDY go to $10...plenty of very good friends in this thing so I am cheering for it. I am just stating the truth.
thirdcoast
AG
quote:

They will continue to burn through money, because they have no way of generating it.

True, and they have all their eggs in one basket/region.

We did here about a possible "transformational deal" this could take a purely E company and make it E&P with production revenue.
And/or
Diversify to another region.

Not sure if this deal is contingent in proving a hydrocarbon system at sabu. If not we could hear about a deal prior to drilling results PR.

Just something else to speculate on...

Annual shareholders meeting is 2/18, I would expect there to be some material news or hints to material news on or prior to the ASM.

[This message has been edited by thirdcoast (edited 1/30/2012 11:02a).]
AFarmer95
AG
I would expect a secondary offering pretty soon. My guess is they are trying to get it at $3 if the price will stay up.
thirdcoast
AG
I agree dilution is likely.

I'm not certain that pps will decline on that inevitable PR....at this price and at this point on the timeline. But i'm ready to buy more shares regardless.
TxAg20
AG
Right now is a tough time to be buying production. I'd rather they stick with what they have in west Africa. If I wanted the risk/reward of buying production, there's plenty of other public companies that already do that. On the other hand, I guess the HDY execs want job security in case their leases in west Africa don't pan out.
htownfan13
ready to buy some more shares regardless???
Let me give you some advice... DON'T. Put your money in something else.
Charles Bronson
man you are the whiniest person I have ever seen on Texags.

quote:
True, and they have all their eggs in one basket/region.

And you knew that going into it.
Clarendon
HDY is issuing 10 Million new shares at $3 and institutional investors will have option to purchase 10 Million more at $3.5

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.