Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,694 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
cupcakesprinkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TJaggie14 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/10/17/robert-solis-trial-man-accused-of-killing-deputy-sandeep-dhaliwal-found-guilty-of-capital-murder/

It happened 3 years ago, but thought it was relevant to this thread.

I'd gladly lead the mob in a public execution and then drag his dead corpse all over town.
digging tunnels
AG
My wife has been in the court room everyday of the Dhaliwah trial and tells me the stuff going on in the case. That mofo Solis is one bad bad dude. Just a lifetime of criminal activity. Currently in punishment phase and they are calling upon 40 witnesses to testify against him. All 40 linked to his past and crimes committed against them.
maroon barchetta
Everything else in the Houston area has already been stolen once. It's like the office Christmas party gift exchange. You can't swap the same item too many times.

Thieves have resorted to trying to steal snakes.

https://abc13.com/men-try-to-steal-snake-attempted-aggravated-robbery-theft-caught-on-video-set-up/12346194/
TarponChaser
maroon barchetta said:

Everything else in the Houston area has already been stolen once. It's like the office Christmas party gift exchange. You can't swap the same item too many times.

Thieves have resorted to trying to steal snakes.

https://abc13.com/men-try-to-steal-snake-attempted-aggravated-robbery-theft-caught-on-video-set-up/12346194/

**** like this is part of the reason why I quit trying to sell stuff on Facebook Marketplace or CraigsList. Too many crazies and criminals out there to deal with the hassle. We're better off just donating stuff to a local assistance ministry and taking the tax deduction.
Ciboag96
We are Chicago. 12 year old. ****….

Waltonloads08
AG
Houston TV station ABC 13 reported on Friday night that the shooting may have been accidental and happened when the boy's uncle was handling a shotgun.
maroon barchetta
Oh, look. A case dismissed against a guy out on bond who killed someone in a crash.

https://abc13.com/charges-dismissed-in-deadly-rollover-crash-man-accused-of-causing-while-out-on-bond-summer-chester-killed-jonathan-vera/12375893/
BohunkAg
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Oh, look. A case dismissed against a guy out on bond who killed someone in a crash.

https://abc13.com/charges-dismissed-in-deadly-rollover-crash-man-accused-of-causing-while-out-on-bond-summer-chester-killed-jonathan-vera/12375893/
Quote:

In June 2018, Vera was arrested and charged with capital murder for the home invasion. He was certified as an adult. His bond was listed at $250,000, and he would remain in jail until Judge Natalia Cornelio of the 351st District Court lowered it to $50,000 in March 2021. While Vera was in jail, he was charged with harassment of a public servant.
schmellba99
AG
htxag09 said:

So maybe the republicans should have someone with good policies who's not a completely insufferable ******* that alienates others every chance he gets??? I mean goes both ways. It's obvious that people care about the other side of it. So why not realize that instead of just saying something, something mean tweets.
Or maybe people get over this stupid bullsht idea that politicians are somehow classy and regal and all that nonsense and realize that politics is only a smidge above pigs rolling in barnyard slop in terms of genteelness and cleanliness.

Quit letting the media tell you that so and so is a horrible person, decide that from actual actions. Quit letting the media decide for you that so and so is going to start wars or that national pride is bad or that bringing back manufacturing is bad, etc, etc, etc.

Vote on actions and policy, not whether the person speaks the Queen's english and was some perfect boy scout their entire life. Because I'll give you a hint - not a single swangin D in the entire history of this country that became a political icon was anywhere close to a choir boy.
schmellba99
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Did they even confiscate the weapon the first time around or did they just hand it back to him?
They probably loaded up the mag for him and gave him some free shooting lessons before handing it back
schmellba99
AG
CDUB98 said:

We need a complete judge overhaul. Need to get judges in who believe in actually holding the entire system accountable.

But, sadly, I'm not even sure Republican judges will go far enough to do that.
We need to bring back tarring and feathering of public officials that fail to do their job and put the public in danger. Literally put skin in the game for public officials, because right now they have absolutely zero incentive to do anything other than what whomever is writing the checks tells them to do.

Fear is a healthy motivator and needs to be returned as a prominent tool used, in a lot of different areas.
TarponChaser
schmellba99 said:

CDUB98 said:

We need a complete judge overhaul. Need to get judges in who believe in actually holding the entire system accountable.

But, sadly, I'm not even sure Republican judges will go far enough to do that.
We need to bring back tarring and feathering of public officials that fail to do their job and put the public in danger. Literally put skin in the game for public officials, because right now they have absolutely zero incentive to do anything other than what whomever is writing the checks tells them to do.

Fear is a healthy motivator and needs to be returned as a prominent tool used, in a lot of different areas.

I'm of a mind that society was far better off when dueling was a socially acceptable means of resolving differences.
Sea Speed
AG
Now guys just get in to big Facebook spats about whose skiff is better or can run skinnier.
TarponChaser
Sea Speed said:

Now guys just get in to big Facebook spats about whose skiff is better or can run skinnier.

For the record, that ain't me.
Sea Speed
AG
TarponChaser said:

Sea Speed said:

For the record, that ain't me.

Ha wasn't accusing. I just see screenshots of all the ridiculousness in my group chat with Brian and a couple other guys. It is so ridiculous. Dudes take it so seriously.
maroon barchetta
Good job, jury.

Of course there will be a wasteful automatic appeal.

After that, give him the Tim McVeigh express train to Hell treatment.

https://abc13.com/harris-county-deputy-sandeep-dhaliwal-robert-solis-capital-murder-trial-killer-convicted/12380650/
SW AG80
AG
I don't mind an exhaustive appeal to make sure the jury got it right. One that takes 3-5 years is long enough. But if we had public executions, that would put a damper on crime. Of course, those days are LOOONNNGG gone.
maroon barchetta
RiverAg 80 said:

I don't mind an exhaustive appeal to make sure the jury got it right. One that takes 3-5 years is long enough. But if we had public executions, that would put a damper on crime. Of course, those days are LOOONNNGG gone.

He admitted to the crime (IIRC) and is on video committing the crime.

This is a slam dunk.
digging tunnels
AG
The jury got it right for sure. He's a menace to society and evil for sure. Just some other past criminal events he's done.

1. Got reconnected with an old female friend from grade school who's husband died of cancer. He had a huge insurance policy on him. Began dating her and got married. 1.5 year later she "committed suicide." In addition, he raped her daughter. He literally admitted and apologized to the girl yesterday in court.

2. He and his sister are running a drug ring in the jail. She is writing letters to him in jail. But those letters are laced with fentanyl and meth. He's cutting up the paper into squares and distributing them to inmates. Somehow getting paid thru cash app

3. Use to beat another wife. He had kids that want nothing to do with him

Way more stories.....
maroon barchetta
Good grief.
CDUB98
AG
The appeal should last about 5 minutes beyond the gov't formalities. His conviction upheld.

After that, judge shoot just hammer the gavel and tell the officers to take him directly to the gallows. Dude is an oxygen thief.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
schmellba99 said:

htxag09 said:

So maybe the republicans should have someone with good policies who's not a completely insufferable ******* that alienates others every chance he gets??? I mean goes both ways. It's obvious that people care about the other side of it. So why not realize that instead of just saying something, something mean tweets.
Or maybe people get over this stupid bullsht idea that politicians are somehow classy and regal and all that nonsense and realize that politics is only a smidge above pigs rolling in barnyard slop in terms of genteelness and cleanliness.
This, policy is the ONLY thing that matters. Also, it's kind of in our national political DNA to NOT be classy.

In their heated 1800 campaign against each other, Thomas Jefferson said this about John Adams:

Quote:

"he is a hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, John Adams responded by calling TJ:

Quote:

"a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
StillNotAnAggie
Apparently you can shut this thread down. Harris County reported all crimes this year are down a collective 12%. So no need for this thread any more. I'm sure those numbers aren't very cherry picked or anything before the election.
Sea Speed
AG
Nah son, those criminals cheeeeeeeled
Ciboag96
StillNotAnAggie said:

Apparently you can shut this thread down. Harris County reported all crimes this year are down a collective 12%. So no need for this thread any more. I'm sure those numbers aren't very cherry picked or anything before the election.

YellAg2004
AG
Yep, the narrative the past 2-3 weeks has been about how the crime wave is a Republican-created myth. The problem is, anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see with their own eyes what is happening around the city and county, so the talking point just comes off as sounding completely absurd. It is a perfect example of pissing on my leg and trying to tell me it's raining.
txags92
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Easy way to make "reported crimes" go down? Stop responding to the reports. Eventually the victims will stop reporting them. Voila! Reported crimes go down.
2012heisman
Strongly considering moving after being the victim of multiple crimes. Never thought this would happen in Houston. This has been my home for my whole life but I would rather move to a rural area and be alive than be murdered in Houston.
rilloaggie
AG
txags92 said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

Easy way to make "reported crimes" go down? Stop responding to the reports. Eventually the victims will stop reporting them. Voila! Reported crimes go down.

Exactly. That or you fudge reports. That's what happened when my truck got broken into in SA. I've got a dashcam video of the thief breaking into my truck, damaged door and grill, but because I was responsible and emptied the things out of my cab nothing got stolen. According to SAPD, that was just criminal mischief, not a car burglary.

htxag09
AG
rilloaggie said:

txags92 said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

Exactly. That or you fudge reports. That's what happened when my truck got broken into in SA. I've got a dashcam video of the thief breaking into my truck, damaged door and grill, but because I was responsible and emptied the things out of my cab nothing got stolen. According to SAPD, that was just criminal mischief, not a car burglary.

Or you just create a new baseline w/ a crazy high year. Now you can state crimes are down, but when you look at a true baseline (pre-2020), they're still up double digits.
Ciboag96
Raise prices 500%

Offer 5% off. Big Sale!
YellAg2004
AG
htxag09 said:

Or you just create a new baseline w/ a crazy high year. Now you can state crimes are down, but when you look at a true baseline (pre-2020), they're still up double digits.
Exactly. That's the same strategy being employed in dealing with gas prices. Biden drives prices to the sky, then wants to claim credit when they drop $0.50 - 1.00, ignoring that they're still $3/gal higher than when he took office.
Bondag
AG
If the crime is a myth can I get my truck back now?
Jackal99
AG
Bondag said:

If the crime is a myth can I get my truck back now?
Sure, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Creedence.
BBRex
AG

Quote:

This, policy is the ONLY thing that matters. Also, it's kind of in our national political DNA to NOT be classy.

In their heated 1800 campaign against each other, Thomas Jefferson said this about John Adams:

Quote:

Quote:
"he is a hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, John Adams responded by calling TJ:

Quote:

Quote:
"a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

Back then, those were insults. Today that's what you read in a candidate's bio.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.