Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,675 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Smeghead4761
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw this story from Fox26 saying that 171 people have been killed in Harris County by offenders who were out on bail. Or maybe it's saying that 171 people were killed by offenders who were out on bail, committed another offense, and got bail again instead of having bail revoked for the first crime. The writing is sloppy and not really clear.

This has the potential to be a really good (and damning) story, if they weren't trying to stuff it into 2 minutes to fit on the evening news.

- First of all, they need to be more clear about the claim their making.

- Next, provide a timeline. The "Prior to 2019" seems to imply that they started the count then, but it should be spelled out.

- Lastly, you don't have to put it in the story, but provide a link to a spreadsheet or database with the data to back up your claim. Something that shows, to make up an example, Elmer Fudd was arrested in June 2021 for Agg Assault w/Serious Injury - Family Member, given $1,000 bond by Lisa Hidalgo. Arrested in December 2021 for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, also a violation of bond conditions. Given $2,000 bond by Judge Hidalgo. Arrested April 2022 for murder of Bugs Bunny.
Sea Speed
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

I saw this story from Fox26 saying that 171 people have been killed in Harris County by offenders who were out on bail. Or maybe it's saying that 171 people were killed by offenders who were out on bail, committed another offense, and got bail again instead of having bail revoked for the first crime. The writing is sloppy and not really clear.

This has the potential to be a really good (and damning) story, if they weren't trying to stuff it into 2 minutes to fit on the evening news.

- First of all, they need to be more clear about the claim their making.

- Next, provide a timeline. The "Prior to 2019" seems to imply that they started the count then, but it should be spelled out.

- Lastly, you don't have to put it in the story, but provide a link to a spreadsheet or database with the data to back up your claim. Something that shows, to make up an example, Elmer Fudd was arrested in June 2021 for Agg Assault w/Serious Injury - Family Member, given $1,000 bond by Lisa Hidalgo. Arrested in December 2021 for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon, also a violation of bond conditions. Given $2,000 bond by Judge Hidalgo. Arrested April 2022 for murder of Bugs Bunny.

This has been a topic on this thread, last year's thread, news stories etc etc for almost 2 years. No one thst should care and has the ability to do things about it actually does care or seems to have any inclination to do something about it.
BohunkAg
AG
https://www.kwtx.com/2022/05/05/juggers-target-houston-business-owner-who-withdrew-large-sum-money/
RK
AG
Quote:

paper plates
shocker.
98Ag99Grad
AG
"jugging"... I'm old, what does that mean?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

It's robbing someone going to/leaving a bank.
YellAg2004
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

This. They typically follow the target either to their home or their business and jump them when they're going from their vehicle to the building.

I seem to remember hearing that their are certain ethnicities that are more prone to keeping large sums of money from their businesses in their homes. The thugs know this and target them when they go to transport the funds.
Ciboag96
Our criminals sure aren't very diverse. Very homogeneous.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Thanks. Literally first time I've ever heard that term used.
Hydrocele_aggie
Paper plates and black suspects shocked
txags92
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

This. They typically follow the target either to their home or their business and jump them when they're going from their vehicle to the building.

I seem to remember hearing that their are certain ethnicities that are more prone to keeping large sums of money from their businesses in their homes. The thugs know this and target them when they go to transport the funds.
Very common in SW Houston/Fort Bend County to have Asian business owners getting followed home from the bank. They seem to the the target for a bunch of these kinds of crimes. Any time they start describing it on the news, I tell my wife, Asian victim, SW Houston or Fort Bend County, and 2-3 AA male perps. I am rarely too far off.
maroon barchetta
txags92 said:

YellAg2004 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Very common in SW Houston/Fort Bend County to have Asian business owners getting followed home from the bank. They seem to the the target for a bunch of these kinds of crimes. Any time they start describing it on the news, I tell my wife, Asian victim, SW Houston or Fort Bend County, and 2-3 AA male perps. I am rarely too far off.

How have the Asian business owners not paid protection money to one of the Asian gangs to handle this problem for them?

Are the Triads still a thing? They used to be big in Missouri City and Sugarland.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

The pair were found shot inside a car in the 4900 block of Laura Koppe. One of the victims was found dead at the scene, and the other died at a hospital.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/2-dead-in-ne-houston-shooting/285-bdc92f46-b694-467a-8866-14fa7b5f1bb7
RK
AG
another day in/around the Nickle.
Build It
AG
Anyone know what the official murder count is? I'm having trouble locating the stat.
maroon barchetta
Oh goodness. Bless his heart. He din do nuffin but got gunned down by the po-lice anyway.

https://abc13.com/man-shot-and-killed-by-sugar-land-police-catalytic-converter-theft-suspect-fatal-shooting-officer-shoots/11822991/
P.H. Dexippus
AG
2/10 on the parking job
Sea Speed
AG
And only 2.5/10 on justice
SlackerAg
AG
The catalytic converter thief was converted to fertilizer.
RK
AG
the cat-stealing demographic have repeatedly demonstrated that they have not problem shooting/killing people that get in their way. should be open season on every one of them.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Was in a meeting yesterday and a guy had both cats stolen off his Tundra. He said there's a 6+ month wait for replacements. Which is news to me.

He also said his insurance company recommended using high temp automotive paint and go ahead and spray paint yours, then etch in the last 4 or 5 of your VIN. That would act as a deterrent for thieves who'd have a harder time selling it. Paint is a lot cheaper than some sort of guard. I'm probably going to do that this weekend.
Sea Speed
AG
Id say the chances of a thief caring about a vin being scratched in a cat is closer to 0% than whatever chance the insco thinks it is.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Whatever works fool. Whomever is buying may think twice about buying the bring yellow cat.

In addition the police need to do a sting on who's buying and put them in jail. Shut their businesses down while investigating and let that run 6 months.
Smeghead4761
Guards for a Tundra run $500+. At least that w hat the dealer quoted me.
Sea Speed
AG
It is my understanding that they aren't just going to your local cat shop to be put on another truck. The people buying them already know they are stolen because noone sells 5 cats st a pop on a whim. They are using the materials inside of them for other purposes. The yellow paint is not going to be a deterrent to someone who already willingly buys stolen goods.

I agree thst something further needs to be done about it. Unfortunately on your end I think the only thing that will actually slow them down is an actual theft prevention device installed on your truck.
WES2006AG
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

Guards for a Tundra run $500+. At least that w hat the dealer quoted me.
My brother just bought a Tacoma and that is what he paid for the guard. The mechanic made it clear that sometimes they will just saw through the guard but that it is meant to deter and make them think twice about messing with that car.
maroon barchetta
AlaskanAg99 said:

Whatever works fool. Whomever is buying may think twice about buying the bring yellow cat.

In addition the police need to do a sting on who's buying and put them in jail. Shut their businesses down while investigating and let that run 6 months.

Thank goodness nobody ever grinds numbers off of things. I mean, nobody has ever removed a serial number off of a gun using a grinder, right?

I'm sure they wouldn't grind or wire brush off the last five numbers of a vin on a catalytic converter that was painted orange.

Thank goodness all of the metal recycling and scrap places are full of honest and trustworthy people who wouldn't consider handing over money to a thief with an orange cat converter that had numbers engraved into the side. These people have a conscience.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Which is why I said the police need to go after the people buying them. Jesus yall dense.
maroon barchetta
AlaskanAg99 said:

Why is why I said the police need to go after the people buying them. Jesus yall dense.

u r gud at Engrish.
Smeghead4761
What you really need is some way of putting some sort of GPS tracker(s) on some bait cats, but the cats probably run too hot for that.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Or a 1amp hot wire to it and just kill the MFers...
Smeghead4761
That would be considered a booby trap, and the law tends to frown on those.
YellAg2004
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

SSS…the S just means shock in this instance
maroon barchetta
YellAg2004 said:

Smeghead4761 said:

SSS…the S just means shock in this instance

EEE

Electrocute
Excavate
End of discussion
AlaskanAg99
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

And?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.