Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,664 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Build It
AG
Looks like they named baby daddy the suspect.
Ciboag96
W. T. F.

29-year-old man accused of murder after pleading guilty, posting bond for aggravated robbery

Quote:

October 21, 2016, 29-year-old Giovani Montiel is charged with capital murder. His bond set at $200,000.

"He sits in the Harris County Jail for over three years," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.

In December 2019, Montiel entered a guilty plea to a reduced charge of aggravated robbery.
185th Criminal District Court Judge Jason Luong ordered a pre-sentence investigation or PSI.
"Nothing happens for seven months, nothing," Kahan said.

In July 2020, Judge Luong sets bond for Montiel at just $20,000. Montiel, who knows he could go to prison for 30 years, walks out of jail.

"I've just never seen a situation like this," said Brad Hart, who was the judge in the 230th District Court for six years, and running for that bench again this November.

"I've never seen where a person is charged with capital murder reduced to an aggravated robbery, pleads to a PSI with a potential sentence up to 30 years, and got a bond that low," Hart said.

"I've run this by several judges and former judges, and asked them to take a good hard look at it, and they said they've never seen anything like it," said Kahan.

October 21, 2020, three months after bonding out of jail, police say Montiel shot and killed 25-year-old Alejandro Ocanas.

Ciboag96
maroon barchetta
Tine gonna Tine.

Crazy video. Where is Joe Horn when you need him?

https://abc13.com/galleria-area-starbucks-robbery-two-men-with-guns-run-into-coffee-shop-uptown-armed-wild-houston-video/12297507/
texagbeliever
The targeted victim had cash to purchase12 iphones. Sounds like a legit operation. Honestly people in starbucks were lucky that the 12 iphone buying guy wasn't packing as well and turned it into a shootout.
sts7049
AG
i've never heard of a PSI.

https://www.txs.uscourts.gov/presentence-investigation

maroon barchetta
texagbeliever said:

The targeted victim had cash to purchase12 iphones. Sounds like a legit operation. Honestly people in starbucks were lucky that the 12 iphone buying guy wasn't packing as well and turned it into a shootout.

Yeah. No way this could turn out good.

You are meeting two individuals to buy 12 cellphones and bringing cash and these guys did not get those phones illegally in some way?

I'm sure the listed price they fabricated was really good but come on, if you are buying stolen stuff from crooks you might get robbed yourself.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

You are meeting two individuals to buy 12 cellphones and bringing cash and these guys did not get those phones illegally in some way?
Right. I saw a couple of meth heads at Walmert a couple weeks ago dropping at least 20 phones in the phone recycling kiosk. Totally legit, I'm sure.
Ciboag96
Quote:

Police described both wanted suspects as Black men between 21 and 25 years old
O/U on life expectancy of SJL's constitchurants?
maroon barchetta
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

Police described both wanted suspects as Black men between 21 and 25 years old
O/U on life expectancy of SJL's constitchurants?

Not long.

They seem vulnerable.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

They seem vunnable.
fify
Jackal99
AG
GDit, Houston needs a Dexter.
maroon barchetta
Jackal99 said:

GDit, Houston needs a Dexter.

And the stupid Avengers killed Thanos. He might have been able to help.
Al Bula
AG
Remember who voted for this assclown.

sts7049
AG
he already lost in the primary
Ciboag96
maroon barchetta
Where is Glass?
Sea Speed
AG
Probably at a golden corral or some other buffet
BohunkAg
AG
These people are judges?
CDUB98
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Where is Glass?

Great question. He's probably the worst offender.
maroon barchetta
Why is this on my watchlist this morning showing a new post but there is no new post?
AgLA06
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Why is this on my watchlist this morning showing a new post but there is no new post?

Because TexAgs has a glitch that shows new posts when mods delete posts.

It's extremely annoying.
maroon barchetta
AgLA06 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Because TexAgs has a glitch that shows new posts when mods delete posts.

It's extremely annoying.

They don't do that.
Ciboag96
Robbery Victims Under Siege….by rent-a-cop

Quote:

HOUSTON A man being robbed at gunpoint was accidentally shot twice by a security guard that was trying to help him, according to Houston police.

It happened in the parking lot of a nightclub off the North Freeway near West Road just after 3 a.m. Sunday.

We're told the security guard saw two masked men with guns approach a victim in the parking lot. One of them grabbed the victim which led to the guard opening fire, but he accidentally hit the victim twice.

Police said the guard managed to keep one of the suspects at the scene until help arrived. They also said the other suspect escaped in a gray Dodge Charger.

The robbery victim is expected to survive and HPD's Robbery Division is investigating the incident.

Poor *******
maroon barchetta
Heard about that one. Just awful.
Sea Speed
AG
A charger. Whodathunk
2012heisman
Nobody ever worried about crime to this extent with Emmett, Hebert, Anderson, and Healey in charge. Do you think that was just a coincidence or policy?
MAROON
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Where is Glass?

He got primaried
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Bondag
AG
2012heisman said:

Nobody ever worried about crime to this extent with Emmett, Hebert, Anderson, and Healey in charge. Do you think that was just a coincidence or policy?
That was when they arrested criminals and set a bond proportionate with the crime.

Its like they forgot that bonds are not supposed to be affordable.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
2012heisman said:

Ummm...what do you think?
HtownAg92
AG
2012heisman said:

Better yet, go back to Holmes and Rosenthal. They would push for summary execution at the bail hearing.

Simpler and better times...
2012heisman
I am being facetious. Asian grandmothers, who are historically anti-gun, are walking around with G 43s while going out for a jog in the suburbs. Things are becoming dystopian. I know. That is what happens when you combine low information voters (who cant even be bothered to spend a few minutes doing some research online) with straight ticket voting. You get the coattail effect where all urban and suburban counties go Left because of someone who is about to lose 3 major elections over the course of 4 years.
I Am A Critic
2012heisman said:

I am being facetious. Asian grandmothers, who are historically anti-gun, are walking around with G 43s while going out for a jog in the suburbs. Things are becoming dystopian. I know. That is what happens when you combine low information voters (who cant even be bothered to spend a few minutes doing some research online) with straight ticket voting. You get the coattail effect where all urban and suburban counties go Left because of someone who is about to lose 3 major elections over the course of 4 years.
Those low information voters also vote Republican too. See Crenshaw, Dan or Trump, Donald J. It goes both ways.
Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
I Am A Critic said:

2012heisman said:

Those low information voters also vote Republican too. See Crenshaw, Dan or Trump, Donald J. It goes both ways.

Yes. They certainly filled the judges chambers with republican judges that turn loose perps with PR bonds over and over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.