Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,685 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who here hasn't been riding with your boys to play golf or fish or to a bar and not pulled a gun on one of them?

Glass houses, people.
maroon barchetta
sts7049 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Improvement noted: gunfights staying between people who know each other and confined to a car.

https://abc13.com/driver-shoots-and-kills-passenger-gunfight-breaks-out-inside-car-southeast-houston-shots-fired-men-shoot-each-other-in/12271434/
i guess you could say they were playing...shotgun?

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Al Bula
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

What PR flack told Dora to hold this presser under scaffold in the middle of rush hour and road maintenance? I guess they are keeping Tasso's dipshot kid under tight wraps.

This reeks of desperation.

Smeghead4761
drumboy said:

Ciboag96 said:

Guys, guys don't worrrrrrrrry a but. Mayor Cheeeeel finna buy back these perps pea shooters. Again.

Expect an even GREATER record levels of safety and harmony of the streets of Houston. More awards to be given.

How much will they buy a lower for?
I want to see how many of blackpowder shooting, steel pipe and scrapwood, held together by duct tape, blunderbusses like the guy used to assassinate the Japanese prime minister I can make, and how much they'll give me for them.

Or maybe figure out which bayou the 'bangers like to dump their hot guns in and go magnet fishing.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Try Little White Oak over near I-45
Ciboag96
Smeghead4761 said:

drumboy said:

Ciboag96 said:

Guys, guys don't worrrrrrrrry a but. Mayor Cheeeeel finna buy back these perps pea shooters. Again.

Expect an even GREATER record levels of safety and harmony of the streets of Houston. More awards to be given.

I want to see how many of blackpowder shooting, steel pipe and scrapwood, held together by duct tape, blunderbusses like the guy used to assassinate the Japanese prime minister I can make, and how much they'll give me for them.

Or maybe figure out which bayou the 'bangers like to dump their hot guns in and go magnet fishing.

You might be the first person with a decent idea, that is until you get a home visit by the popo because 11 of the guns you turned in were traced back as murder weapons and you get to ride the lightening.
aggiedata
AG
David Happymountain said:

I just found my Halloween mask
Sea Speed
AG
It would be hilarious if that showed up as a big head at any of the houston teams games.
Smeghead4761
Ciboag96 said:

Smeghead4761 said:

drumboy said:

Ciboag96 said:

You might be the first person with a decent idea, that is until you get a home visit by the popo because 11 of the guns you turned in were traced back as murder weapons and you get to ride the lightening.
Just make sure they're rusty enough. No evidence value. If not, you can destroy any evidentiary value by trying to 'clean' them and make them functional.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Sea Speed said:

It would be hilarious if that showed up as a big head at any of the houston teams games.
I will donate to that
maroon barchetta
Crap. This is more savage than your usual carjacking.

https://abc13.com/deadly-carjacking-shots-fired-south-houston-am-mini-mart-employee-killed-search-for-gunman-who-dragged-victim-out-of-car/12275074/
Ciboag96
maroon barchetta said:

Crap. This is more savage than your usual carjacking.

https://abc13.com/deadly-carjacking-shots-fired-south-houston-am-mini-mart-employee-killed-search-for-gunman-who-dragged-victim-out-of-car/12275074/
Looks like we need even MORE gun buyback programs. Surely the next one will work.
Ciboag96
Al Bula
AG
Was this road rage shooting already posted?

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-road-rage-shooting-caught-on-camera-westpark-toll/12273266/

Tesla cameras capture it all and fortunately the driver was not hurt, had footage to ID the oxygen thief by license plate. Only charged with a second degree felony.
File5
AG
"A man was the driver who shot at him multiple times on the Westpark Tollroad to be charged with a first-degree felony. But it's not that easy."

Lol "journalists"

Learned two things in this video, 1) Shooting at someone with no injury resulting is a second degree aggravated assault, and 2) Teslas record everything! Helluva feature to be able to pull all of that whenever you want.

Hope this ***hole rots. Had an acquaintance get shot and killed in a road rage incident about 2 years ago now, it was heart-wrenching.
Smeghead4761
File5 said:

"A man was the driver who shot at him multiple times on the Westpark Tollroad to be charged with a first-degree felony. But it's not that easy."

Lol "journalists"

Learned two things in this video, 1) Shooting at someone with no injury resulting is a second degree aggravated assault, and 2) Teslas record everything! Helluva feature to be able to pull all of that whenever you want.

Hope this ***hole rots. Had an acquaintance get shot and killed in a road rage incident about 2 years ago now, it was heart-wrenching.
Not really sure what you mean by "second degree aggravated assault." Texas Penal Code defines Aggravated Assault (22.02), which is a second degree felony.

And yes, using or exhibiting a deadly weapon during commission of an assault is Agg Assault. So you don't even have to fire a gun, just have it in your hand and threaten to shoot someone with it. This can also apply to knives, axes, clubs, chainsaws, cars...the list is as endless as your imagination.
File5
AG
I in no way profess to be very knowledgeable about the different levels of crimes and whatnot (having no occasion to need that knowledge in the commission or judgement of one), I was simply regurgitating what I thought I heard on the video... appreciate you setting me straight tho.

From an uneducated citizens perspective it seems that brandishing a weapon is different than actually attempting to use it to kill someone, which this appears to be. The video did say that this level of crime can be two to twenty years, and I think 10+ would be reasonable so maybe it's not as bad as it could be...unless he only gets two.
Smeghead4761
By the letter of the law, it's not just brandishing the weapon, but the combination of brandishing and threatening (or, as in this case) attempting to use said weapon to cause harm to another person.

And Agg Assault is a lot easier to prove in court than Attempted Murder, for the same penalty (Felony-2), since Attempted Murder requires the prosecution to prove intent to kill someone, rather than "intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly" attempting to injure them, or "intentionally or knowingly" threatening them with a weapon.

Discharging a firearm in the direction another person or persons can also be called Deadly Conduct, although that is only a Class A Misdemeanor. Which to me is really strange.
Ciboag96
Domestic Violence Awareness Month y'all. Don't be shootin your baby mamas n ****

maroon barchetta
Impossible.

All of the guns were bought back by the city.
maroon barchetta
This is an odd one. Wasn't sure where to post.

https://abc13.com/harris-county-sheriffs-office-off-duty-deputy-injured-katy-freeway-major-crash-houston-traffic/12287619/
98Ag99Grad
AG
Both guys ejected? Damn
maroon barchetta
Maybe worked an extra job at a bar and had a couple afterwards and then didn't buckle up?

Very doubtful they were wearing seatbelts unless they hit that wall so hard it broke the seatbelts and they somehow made it past the airbags and thru a window or windshield
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah just surprised both were thrown and lived. Not something you hear everyday.
Ciboag96
Our justice system is a **** show evidence #83,712

maroon barchetta
Which judge this time?
Ciboag96
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/stepfather-killed/285-92713da8-38e3-467f-b24c-0f50a03a2177

Quote:

Deputies believe the stepfather didn't approve of the men his stepdaughters were dating and had ongoing issues with them. As the stepdaughters got home with the men, the stepfather went outside to confront them, which led to a physical fight and the shooting.

When emergency crews arrived, they found the man laying in the street with at least one gunshot wound. He was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead.

Investigators are working to identify the suspects after they left the scene in a white Chevy Impala.

White Chevy Impala must be a popular whip for ferals
maroon barchetta
Sometimes you can't find a good Altima.
TarponChaser
Impala, Malibu, or Altima- which is more likely to be the getaway vehicle or maybe have the occupants shoot at you in an inexplicable road rage incident?
Smeghead4761
Maybe they couldn't afford a Charger?
rilloaggie
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/10/03/man-arrested-in-road-rage-shooting-says-he-wasnt-the-original-aggressor-wants-other-driver-to-face-charges/

Bold defense here! The ole "yeah I shot at him, but he brake checked me first" strategy!
maroon barchetta
https://abc13.com/pasadena-texas-police-cedar-crest-woman-shot-body-found/12292080/

Quote:

Police made the connection to this scene and an aggravated kidnapping disturbance call that came in at 9:51 a.m. According to officers, a caller reported seeing a man force a woman into a vehicle at gunpoint in the 3800 block of Red Bluff in Pasadena.

Police added that the woman was found inside the vehicle with a gunshot wound. Her identity was not immediately released.

While no arrests have been made, Pasadena police believe the alleged kidnapper and victim were involved in two previous domestic violence cases with the department. Officers in those calls contacted the district attorney's office to file charges but were not accepted.

Which judge or D.A. this time?
Smeghead4761
Honestly, with domestic violence, it's hard to blame the DA, because unless the victim wants to cooperate, it's really tough to make a case, unless you've got outside witnesses. Victim quite often will refuse to testify, even if they actually called the cops in the first place.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

"There should not have been just one arrest," said activist Dr. Candice Matthews." It should have been two."

Protege or rival to the incomparable Q10?
TJaggie14
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

"There should not have been just one arrest," said activist Dr. Candice Matthews." It should have been two."

Protege or rival to the incomparable Q10?

Sounds like protege. Q10 was also mentioned in the article.
Quote:

"He was charged because of what he did," said activist Quanell X. "But why in the hell was the white guy not charged for what he did on that video?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.