Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,692 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She's currently trying to point the finger.

https://twitter.com/kimoggforda/status/1487432732925911045?t=wp_w7lpUC8LWzWjTXLyLmg&s=19
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ag_07 said:

https://twitter.com/kimoggforda/status/1487432732925911045?t=wp_w7lpUC8LWzWjTXLyLmg&s=19
She's absolutely right. Sometimes fingers need to be pointed.
AGHouston11
AG
Is she standing in front of a mirror
Al Bula
AG
AgLA06
AG
Harry Lime said:

Ag_07 said:

She doesn't have prosecutors because all the ones with the experience that disagree with catch and release all quit or she ran them off. There's no point in hiring more liberal lawyers if she isn't going to change the **** show strategy she created.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
If you really want to go back, it was Pat Lykos who ran off experienced prosecutors. Ran them off, or fired them, or refused to reappoint.

Ogg has asked for more prosecutors and Lina Hidalgo and the Democrats on Commissioners Court have refused to fund them.

At the same time, Lina Hidalgo used your tax money to hire lobbyists to go to Austin and lobby against bail reform.

It's stupid and short-sited to not hold the Democrats on Commissioners Court accountable for the harm they're doing.
tk for tu juan
The new budget director for the county previously worked for the City of Baltimore, and is just getting his MBA this summer
Al Bula
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The new budget director for the county previously worked for the City of Baltimore, and is just getting his MBA this summer
I've seen this show before.

instead of "the wire," we should call this show "the bayou."
MarathonAg12
Easy, Rod said:

tk for tu juan said:

I've seen this show before.

instead of "the wire," we should call this show "the bayou."
Heard there is a steamy scene with Lina coming out of a pool
sts7049
AG
caballero now facing federal charges
BBRex
AG
Lobbying against bail reform or for bail reform? I thought bail reform was the latest D cause.
SW AG80
AG
AgLA06 said:

Harry Lime said:

Ag_07 said:

She doesn't have prosecutors because all the ones with the experience that disagree with catch and release all quit or she ran them off. There's no point in hiring more liberal lawyers if she isn't going to change the **** show strategy she created.
This hits the nail on the head.
Lykos ran off many good prosecutors but Mike Anderson hired many back and Devon Anderson kept them. Ogg fired or ran off some great prosecutors. And they will be understaffed now regardless of how big the budget is. No good prosecutor wants any part of her sh_tshow.
Cromagnum
AG
While more prosecutors will certainly help, keeping violent criminals in jail instead of releasing them on hand slap bonds will help far more.
Mookie
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Sounds like he could be the CFO of HISD if this doesn't work out.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

AgLA06 said:

Harry Lime said:

Ag_07 said:

Lykos ran off many good prosecutors but Mike Anderson hired many back and Devon Anderson kept them. Ogg fired or ran off some great prosecutors. And they will be understaffed now regardless of how big the budget is. No good prosecutor wants any part of her sh_tshow.
and young lawyers that use that office to develop talent will say toodle-oo as quick as they can to start cashing private sector checks.
AustinCountyAg
I love how the dems think throwing more money at problems, and hiring more staff is always the solution to problems....how about just ****ing enforcing the current laws and implementing the punishments for crimes committed.
maroon barchetta
AustinCountyAg said:

I love how the dems think throwing more money at problems, and hiring more staff is always the solution to problems....how about just ****ing enforcing the current laws and implementing the punishments for crimes committed.

They have to seem like they are doing something so they can:

- scream "LOOK AT WHAT I DID!!!!" at election time if they get something pushed through

Or

- scream "REPUBLICANS ARE MEAN BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T LET US PASS MORE LAWS!!!" at election time
AustinCountyAg
maroon barchetta said:

AustinCountyAg said:

They have to seem like they are doing something so they can:

- scream "LOOK AT WHAT I DID!!!!" at election time if they get something pushed through

Or

- scream "REPUBLICANS ARE MEAN BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T LET US PASS MORE LAWS!!!" at election time
unfortunately you're correct.
Gator92
AG
Sunday afternoon...

Quote:

HOUSTON - Houston police opened fire on a robbery suspect after a high speed chase on Sunday.

It happened near a busy shopping plaza in west Houston on Westheimer near Windchase.

Ifeatu Obianw was driving down Westheimer around 4 p.m. Sunday, when he found himself in the middle of the mayhem.

"I'm hearing gun sounds. Then a police car came around," Obianw recalls. "They took me out, put me in the back of the cop car for safety, and they were still shooting."

Houston police say officers were pursuing a robbery suspect who took them on a chase and drove recklessly for nearly 20 minutes.

He crashed into several vehicles along the way including Obianw's car.

"He hit my car. But before he hit my car, his hand was looking like he was about to shoot," Obianw said.

Houston police say they haven't confirmed if the suspect had a gun or not.

They're also working to figure out who fired first.

Obianw shared video with FOX 26, showing the moments officers opened fire on the suspect. You can see the suspect raise his arms as if he were shooting.

That's when four officers opened fire, striking him multiple times.

The suspect had to be taken in serious condition via LifeFlight to the hospital, where he would undergo surgery.

He is expected to survive.
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/eyewitness-video-houston-police-shooting-high-speed-chase
Keegan99
AG
Mattress Mack has had enough.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Free mattress if she's elected?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

AgLA06 said:

Harry Lime said:

Ag_07 said:

This is exactly right. I personally know two that left and headed to Galveston.
98Ag99Grad
AG
In all seriousness good to see him throw his weight behind someone. Hopefully it helps get her elected and replace one of the useless D judges.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Keegan99 said:

Heard Mack speak at an industry group lunch last Thursday. Pretty clear he is fed up with our current state of affairs.
Keegan99
AG
This is County Judge. It's to get Dora out of office.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Even better!
sts7049
AG
can she change her name too while she's at it? wtf is "moral mealer"
Sea Speed
AG
Its a mouthful
Valtrex11
Marvin_Zindler said:

Keegan99 said:

Heard Mack speak at an industry group lunch last Thursday. Pretty clear he is fed up with our current state of affairs.

Him and wife are pretty liberal interesting
redag06
Well I saw Mealer donated to Dora's campaign so……..

Went back and reread the email. I was confusing Vidal Martinez with Mealer.

"Martina LeMond Dixon-donated 9 times to President 0bama in 2012 alone, she called me and stated her husband made the donations in her name."

"Vidal Martinez donated $1000's to Dora"
MarathonAg12
Her front page:

Hispanic Conservative Combat Veteran Harvard JD/MBA

I can dig it.
Keegan99
AG
Mack endorsed Culberson in '18.
SW AG80
AG
And Galveston County pays their prosecutors A LOT less than Harris County.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
redag06 said:

Well I saw Mealer donated to Dora's campaign so……..

Link?
lb sand
AG
I'll vote for her. I would vote for just about anyone not named Lina.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.