Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,661 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nothing more accurate than a pistol with 10 lbs of ammo hanging off the bottom of it. like bump stocks...more rounds, less accuracy.
Sea Speed
AG
And throw in the fact that street criminals are largely poor shots. Its a good thing in this scenario for sure for the sake of those cops.
htxag09
AG
When I first saw the video and heard the fully auto fire, I figured he had some kind of standard magazine, emptied it, and it gave those cops time to get to cover. Then seeing the gun, seems something malfunctioned? Seems he was still returning fire but definitely not at the rate he did once the car pulled up.
Silvy
AG
Multiple guns, the shooter had another gun while running away. If that drum was completely full, a Glock with an auto sear would empty it in about 2.5 seconds.
htxag09
AG
silverado_lover said:

Multiple guns, the shooter had another gun while running away. If that drum was completely full, a Glock with an auto sear would empty it in about 2.5 seconds.
Yeah, but assuming the magazine was full and he hadn't been firing at them prior, that gun wasn't going full auto for 2.5 seconds. Only time I recognized the sound of FA fire was for a split second right when the police pulled up.
lb sand
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

here is the gun

That's not a weapon of war. That's a weapon of gang bangers and street thugs.
swimmerbabe11
was he actually out on a pr bond?
grimace07
AG
Shhhh… don't tell people. There may be thieves reading this thread right now.
themissinglink
AG
It doesn't look like it. Just a warrant out for his arrest from the first week in January. He does have a number of priors though.
Bert315
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Weapons of war have no place on our streets, but I guess Dora and libs have no problems with career felons on the streets

The weapons of war comment always makes me mad. The 2nd amendment was not about hunting rifles, it was about 'weapons of war'. It wasn't about providing a gun for feeding your family it was to have a well armed militia to stop a tyrannical government.
Sea Speed
AG
I wouldn't expect some idiot Colombian interpreter to understand the intent of our constitution
schmellba99
AG
Mas89 said:

Yes I watched the videos. Plenty of return fire also that I guess missed the punk. Just wish one of the good guys had a shotgun handy during that fire fight. But as stated, probably didn't have time to access. Starting to think we all need long guns under the back seat easily accessible at all times.
Does not compute

They had long guns, but they are in the trunk of the car an during pursuits you don' thave the luxury of time to stop and get them out.

Long guns are great - they absolutely dominate shootouts. The drawback to them is that they take time to get out of a vehicle and are slow and unwieldy in the time it takes to get them out, and when you are taking automatic fire - time isn't a luxury.

This is one reason why our gun laws are so gawddamned stupid when even LEO's can't carry SBR's without headaches upon headaches of paperwork. Because an SBR would be the weapon of choice IMO.
schmellba99
AG
Mas89 said:

Yes, that was awful. And one more reason why they all need a shotgun, ar, and pistol at all times. The good guys need to start winning. That particular situation today called for a shotgun.
Shotguns aren't desireable when shooting in public because they have a much, much greater chance of innocents being hit, and aren't the "point in the general direction and pull the trigger" that people think they are.

SBR AR's would have been the best choice here for the LEO's, bar none.
htxag09
AG
Agree completely.

News: our police forces are equipped like a military. Why? They should be serving us!

News: our police forces are outgunned by these thugs on the street. Why?!??
schmellba99
AG
htxag09 said:

When I first saw the video and heard the fully auto fire, I figured he had some kind of standard magazine, emptied it, and it gave those cops time to get to cover. Then seeing the gun, seems something malfunctioned? Seems he was still returning fire but definitely not at the rate he did once the car pulled up.
Those types of mags combined with what is probably a 3d printed or wish.com auto sear pretty much guarantees a FTF at some point. They aren't practical and aren't used in any meaningful or tactical way by any legitimate .mil or LEO for a good reason.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Amen. We (all lawful citizens) should all have "weapons of war" for the same reasons our forefathers did in 1775, 1812, 1835 and 1861.

A citizen's AR-10 from the balcony across the street would've quickly ended that firefight yesterday.
schmellba99
AG
Sea Speed said:

I wouldn't expect some idiot Colombian interpreter to understand the intent of our constitution
Considering that the education system goes out of their way now to NOT teach actual history, civics or why the Constitution was drafted the way it was....I pretty much don't expect anybody to understand the intent of it anymore. Especially a columbian barista.
schmellba99
AG
htxag09 said:

Agree completely.

News: our police forces are equipped like a military. Why? They should be serving us!

They really weren't outgunned though. They had the same weapons, and the LEO's didn't jam because it was modified by a garage gunsmith with novelty equipment.
htxag09
AG
schmellba99 said:

htxag09 said:

Agree completely.

They really weren't outgunned though. They had the same weapons, and the LEO's didn't jam because it was modified by a garage gunsmith with novelty equipment.
I get what you're saying. But I think the LEO's would have begged to differ when they had a few dozen rounds put into their car before putting it in park....
BBRex
AG
I don't understand why police don't have bullpups to carry in their cars. For some reason in the U.S., bullpups seem about as popular as soccer or the metric system.
Keegan99
AG
Clear Lake!

Coog97
Clear Lake officers aren't very close to Clear Lake because that's right off 45, but north / west of Almeda Mall.
I Am A Critic
Coog97 said:

Clear Lake officers aren't very close to Clear Lake because that's right off 45, but north / west of Almeda Mall.
The tweet just means that the responding officers were dispatched from the Clear Lake substation, not that the crime occurred in Clear Lake.
Username checks out.
MarathonAg12
I Am A Critic said:

Coog97 said:

The tweet just means that the responding officers were dispatched from the Clear Lake substation, not that the crime occurred in Clear Lake.
username checks out
mm98
AG
My buddy bought one of those for his 19x. He said he bought it for ****s and grins but after taking 20+ minutes to load it he never wants to shoot it now.
sts7049
AG
https://abc13.com/ghost-gun-3d-printed-parts-3-officers-shot-in-houston-roland-caballero/11519233/
Mr. Lahey
AG
And the narrative is out, blame the guns, not the pos ******* criminals and the incompetent/evil morons putting them back on the street.
GiggityAg01
AG
schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

Considering that the education system goes out of their way now to NOT teach actual history, civics or why the Constitution was drafted the way it was....I pretty much don't expect anybody to understand the intent of it anymore. Especially a columbian barista.
To be fair Colombians have a rich history with coffee.
Smeghead4761
schmellba99 said:

Mas89 said:

Yes, that was awful. And one more reason why they all need a shotgun, ar, and pistol at all times. The good guys need to start winning. That particular situation today called for a shotgun.
Shotguns aren't desireable when shooting in public because they have a much, much greater chance of innocents being hit, and aren't the "point in the general direction and pull the trigger" that people think they are.

Highly dependant on the gun and ammo used, and the distance to target. My bump-in-the-night shotgun (Rem 870), with older (pre-Flite Control) Federal 00 buck will put all the pellets inside the 9 ring of a B27 target at 15 yards. With Flite Control loads, that pattern will be even tighter.

The distance this shoot out took place, (15-20 yards, by my eye) all the pellets would be easily in the limits of the driver's door, if not the window itself.

That said, the shotgun and a rifle, assuming they had it, were probably in the racks between the front seat, which was receiving extra ventilation. So not somewhere the officers wanted to stay.
c-jags
Langenator said:

schmellba99 said:

Mas89 said:

Highly dependant on the gun and ammo used, and the distance to target. My bump-in-the-night shotgun (Rem 870), with older (pre-Flite Control) Federal 00 buck will put all the pellets inside the 9 ring of a B27 target at 15 yards. With Flite Control loads, that pattern will be even tighter.

The distance this shoot out took place, (15-20 yards, by my eye) all the pellets would be easily in the limits of the driver's door, if not the window itself.

Agreed. Not to say it could never happen, but the likelihood of stray buckshot being lethal after 30 - 50 yards is less likely than a 9MM round. At least in a non-crowded space.
Cromagnum
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Amen. We (all lawful citizens) should all have "weapons of war" for the same reasons our forefathers did in 1775, 1812, 1835 and 1861.

A citizen's AR-10 from the balcony across the street would've quickly ended that firefight yesterday.

Maybe, but if you are one of those cops getting shot at, and then all of a sudden someone else starts shooting from an apartment balcony too, you aren't going to think they are on your side.
jrrhouston98
AG
They won't if the guys head explodes like a water balloon.
Sea Speed
AG
I just shot a handful of fully auto guns and I definitely can understand why the criminal didn't do more damage to those cops.
htxag09
AG
Sea Speed said:

I just shot a handful of fully auto guns and I definitely can understand why the criminal didn't do more damage to those cops.

Yeah. As dangerous as they are, it's almost better for the cops. I was talking to a buddy and said the cops were probably lucky he had that mod vs not. One, he's just spraying, zero idea where those rounds are going. More probably hit the townhomes in the background than the cop car. Two, his cheap mod malfunctioned and jammed giving the cops time to get to better cover.
Smeghead4761
htxag09 said:

Sea Speed said:

Yeah. As dangerous as they are, it's almost better for the cops. I was talking to a buddy and said the cops were probably lucky he had that mod vs not. One, he's just spraying, zero idea where those rounds are going. More probably hit the townhomes in the background than the cop car. Two, his cheap mod malfunctioned and jammed giving the cops time to get to better cover.
If Harris County had a DA that cared about putting thugs in prison and keeping them there, they could add a count of deadly conduct for every round fired by the thug (that they could find) that hit a structure or vehicle other than the cops' cars. (The ones that hit the cops' cars I think would be Agg Assault with a Deadly Weapon. And three counts of Attempted Capitol Murder for shooting each of the cops. Plus Evading in a Vehicle, and then Evading on Foot).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.