Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,671 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
they basically have cameras all over the place that read license plates and run them against existing databases. so, they can be alerted if someone enters the community with a plate that comes back stolen, warrants...too much melanin....etc.
Serotonin
AG
Great background, completely agree.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-deputy-shot-grocery-store-parking-lot-1960-aldine-westfield/285-6a1687ec-2413-4b1f-857a-2f4d76ea1362
Sheriff's deputy shot and killed over a catalytic converter. We're doing great.
Sea Speed
AG
RK said:

they basically have cameras all over the place that read license plates and run them against existing databases. so, they can be alerted if someone enters the community with a plate that comes back stolen, warrants...too much melanin....etc.

Nice. I wonder how much putting a system like that would run in my new hood.
Keegan99
AG
RK said:

Kind of surprised those limousine liberals haven't started raising hell about paper license plates.
FarmerJohn
AG
If you have to ask...
MAROON
AG
We have. If you have paper plates in west u you get pulled over, then shot
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Sea Speed
AG
MAROON said:

Damn, then how do all those uppity house wives get a new Benz suv every couple if years?
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

MAROON said:

Damn, then how do all those uppity house wives get a new Benz suv every couple if years?

They park it in the garage and have their driver take them around until the permanent plates arrive
aTm2004
AG
Sea Speed said:

MAROON said:

Pool boy and personal trainers come to their house for service.
maroon barchetta
Did anyone already mention that these pieces of crap were driving an Altima?

https://abc13.com/deputy-shot-and-killed-darren-almendarez-shooting-joe-vs-smart-shop-catalytic-converter-theft/11699863/
Thunder18
AG
RK said:

Flock cameras
Smeghead4761
maroon barchetta said:

Did anyone already mention that these pieces of crap were driving an Altima?

https://abc13.com/deputy-shot-and-killed-darren-almendarez-shooting-joe-vs-smart-shop-catalytic-converter-theft/11699863/
Personally, Altimas rank below Chrysler 300s and Dodge Chargers on my Suspicious Vehicle index.

Catalytic converter thieves can ESAD.

The third suspect has been arrested. https://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/third-suspect-arrested-in-shooting-of-deputy/

Does anyone here know any place, short of a FOIA request, where you can find the charging documents/probable cause statements/warrants? From my reading of the statute, unless the deputy was in uniform, I'm a little curious what route they took to get to capital murder instead of first degree.
Sea Speed
AG
Would identifying yourself as a cop do the trick?
Smeghead4761
Sea Speed said:

Would identifying yourself as a cop do the trick?
Probably enough to get the bad guy(s) charged. The prosecution would then have to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, at trial, that the bad guy(s) knew the person they were shooting at was a peace officer.

They could also be working the angle that, since the owner of the truck was present, that taking the catalytic converter was robbery, instead of theft. Killing someone in the process of committing robbery qualifies for capital murder, while theft, even felony theft, does not.
aTm2004
AG
There's some hoodlums in an Altima driving around Kingwood shooting people with air soft guns. Am I a bad person for hoping they shoot someone who has a .45 and itchy trigger finger?
FarmerJohn
AG
I believe this is correct. Murder during a robbery or burglary will do it. I wonder if burglary of a motor vehicle would by itself qualify? You don't have to enter the car to commit that crime.
Smeghead4761
BMV doesn't do it. BMV isn't even a felony unless the perp has two or more prior convictions or they're breaking in to steal prescription drugs.

Also, while you don't have to get your whole body into the vehicle, you do have to put part of your body (hand, arm) or "any physical object connected with the body" (slim jims or coat hangers for flipping the locks qualify) into the vehicle.

Since cat theft is done completely from the outside, it doesn't qualify as BMV. It will almost always make it into felony theft territory (>$2500) though, because of the replacement cost.

So, in this case first degree murder is a slam dunk. Capital murder is a bit murkier to me, which I why I'd really love to see the charging documents/probable cause statements/warrants.
I Am A Critic
https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/pdf/HB04110F.pdf
Username checks out.
Coog97
Think about this… we have now f***ing grown accustomed to LEOs being not just shot, but killed with regularity… we're not even shocked or outwardly outraged by it anymore. It used to be YEARS in between these sort of incidents happening, now it's just about monthly it seems.

At what point do we actually start holding people accountable for this nightmare?????
MAROON
AG
Yep. I remember year ago when an officer was killed in Houston and the entire city was stunned. Everyone, literally everyone in town drove that day with my their lights on in remembrance of the officer.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
I Am A Critic
MAROON said:

Yep. I remember year ago when an officer was killed in Houston and the entire city was stunned. Everyone, literally everyone in town drove that day with my their lights on in remembrance of the officer.
And that was probably a time when Houston had three major tv channels, two daily newspapers, no Internet, and no social media. With so many different ways for people to get their news and info these days, it's easy for local headlines to fall through the cracks. I haven't picked up a physical newspaper in years, don't care to pay for access to the Comical online, and I can't remember the last time I tuned into a local network newscast.
Username checks out.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Coog97 said:

Think about this… we have now f***ing grown accustomed to LEOs being not just shot, but killed with regularity… we're not even shocked or outwardly outraged by it anymore. It used to be YEARS in between these sort of incidents happening, now it's just about monthly it seems.

At what point do we actually start holding people accountable for this nightmare?????

By we, do you mean the officials in the DA's office, judges issuing light sentences and practically unlimited bonds?
BBRex
AG
Looks like a drunken pos smashed a F-550 into a Harris County deputy constable's vehicle after fleeing an accident. She died in the fiery crash. Here's another one to string up.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/traffic/harris-county-pct-7-deputy-constable-killed-fiery-crash-beltway-8/285-ef1f5896-e031-432a-b114-687a9f6b014e
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Any wagers on immigration status of the killer?
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Texaggie7nine
7nine
TJaggie14
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Any wagers on immigration status of the killer?
No clue. News article says he has a long criminal rap sheet that dates back to 2004

Quote:

Serrano has been arrested for a multitude of offenses including burglary, assault causing bodily injury of a family member, DWI with a child under 15, and marijuana possession.

The suspect has previously been arrested in Harris County, Sugar Land, Richmond, and West Columbia.
His bail was set at $750K
FarmerJohn
AG
Ahh, I see it now. I thought BMV was a subsection of burglary. It's it's own thing. I'm not a lawyer but I at least like to do a little homework. Thanks for the clarification.

Not related to capital murder, but maybe we can tack on a violation of the Clean Air act too. Just for an additional FU.
Buying_time
AG
Computer "Glitch" still not fixed. Dora the Exploiter needs to be working on this versus preparing for triathlons.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/computer-glitch-in-harris-co-prompting-release-of-almost-300-defendants-still-not-fixed

Snips

Musick, who left the DA's office just a few weeks ago, says the most recent crash is the fourth major outage in a year and a half. Some have lasted days, some weeks.

It's not known just how many defendants have had to be let out of jail or had to stay longer than needed because of Jweb crashes.

"Somebody could have been extended for one minute, one hour, or a whole day, that's unacceptable. We don't want to keep people in jail any longer than necessary," Musick said. "On the flip side, we don't want to stop people from coming to jail when they need to be there, and we don't want them automatically released because a computer system goes down."

Just wow - this strongly infers more than 300 have been released.

Sea Speed
AG
Not only that, it makes it sound like people have been let out en masse for weeks at a time. Why is the public only hearing about this after the 4th incidence? Un freaking believable.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Not only that, it makes it sound like people have been let out en masse for weeks at a time. Why is the public only hearing about this after the 4th incidence? Un freaking believable.

And yet totally expected.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
This sounds absolutely wild:
https://abc13.com/hpd-shoot-man-police-shootings-armed-with-knife-hanover-autry-park/11710855/
sts7049
AG
PCP or meth fueled, probably
maroon barchetta
He got shot and got up and kept running and then they tazed him?

Sounds like the cops need more time at the range.
AlaskanAg99
AG
CC is taking JWEB out of order and is now hearing public comments.
https://agenda.harriscountytx.gov/

Video link is at the bottom.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.