Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

335,388 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not a murderer, but I would've been if I walked in on this. How in the F does he only get $200k bond? (That's rhetorical, I know the answer).

Quote:

HOUSTON Bond has been set at $200,000 for a habitual felon accused of breaking into a home on Monday and attempting to sexually assault a 6-year-old boy.
Boroskie Richard, 37, has been charged with burglary of a habitation. Texas Department of Public Safety records show he has a lengthy and violent criminal history.

According to court documents, Richard broke into a family's home and attacked a young boy who was asleep in bed. The boy's father heard his son screaming and rushed to the room, where he found Richard.
Details of the attack were read aloud in probable cause court.

"He heard the 6-year-old complainant screaming, found the defendant in their home and observed the defendant was on top of the complainant. We do believe that the defendant is a threat to public safety. He has committed violent offenses in the past," the prosecutor said.
Richard's court appointed attorney told the judge that his client lives with his three children who are temporarily being cared for by their grandparents.

An emergency protective order was filed. Richard is to not have contact with the 6-year-old, must stay 500 feet away from schools, parks and playgrounds, and is not allowed to have unsupervised contact with children under 17 years old.

Richard, who is already out on parole for allegedly assaulting a family member, is due to appear in court Wednesday morning. In addition to the $200,000 bond, a judge ordered that Richard must also be fitted with a GPS ankle monitor.

According to DPS records, Richard, who was born in New Guinea, has been arrested multiple times in Houston and Harris County for offenses dating back to 2006.
maroon barchetta
SSS

[/Outdoors Board]
aTm2004
AG
It just keeps getting better and better. Any Beta voter should be ridiculed for the rest of their lives.

Close to 300 defendants in Harris Co. Jail last week automatically released due to computer glitch

Quote:

"None of the people who were released are really under any conditions," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers. "There's no ankle monitors, there's no GPS, there's no distance requirements, and we don't know who these offenders are."
Alex Bregman
AG
aTm2004 said:

It just keeps getting better and better. Any Beta voter should be ridiculed for the rest of their lives.

Close to 300 defendants in Harris Co. Jail last week automatically released due to computer glitch

Quote:

"None of the people who were released are really under any conditions," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers. "There's no ankle monitors, there's no GPS, there's no distance requirements, and we don't know who these offenders are."

Where are the Bobs when you need them?
txags92
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

not a murderer, but I would've been if I walked in on this. How in the F does he only get $200k bond? (That's rhetorical, I know the answer).

Quote:

HOUSTON Bond has been set at $200,000 for a habitual felon accused of breaking into a home on Monday and attempting to sexually assault a 6-year-old boy.
Boroskie Richard, 37, has been charged with burglary of a habitation. Texas Department of Public Safety records show he has a lengthy and violent criminal history.

According to court documents, Richard broke into a family's home and attacked a young boy who was asleep in bed. The boy's father heard his son screaming and rushed to the room, where he found Richard.

"He heard the 6-year-old complainant screaming, found the defendant in their home and observed the defendant was on top of the complainant. We do believe that the defendant is a threat to public safety. He has committed violent offenses in the past," the prosecutor said.
Richard's court appointed attorney told the judge that his client lives with his three children who are temporarily being cared for by their grandparents.

An emergency protective order was filed. Richard is to not have contact with the 6-year-old, must stay 500 feet away from schools, parks and playgrounds, and is not allowed to have unsupervised contact with children under 17 years old.

Richard, who is already out on parole for allegedly assaulting a family member, is due to appear in court Wednesday morning. In addition to the $200,000 bond, a judge ordered that Richard must also be fitted with a GPS ankle monitor.

According to DPS records, Richard, who was born in New Guinea, has been arrested multiple times in Houston and Harris County for offenses dating back to 2006.

We need the judge's name to start appearing in these stories. No reason to leave that out when it is becoming a key part of the story about why repeat violent offenders are being released on ridiculously low bonds. Anybody who is on bond for a violent offense that then commits another violent offense should automatically get no bond.
The Wonderer
AG
txags92 said:

Quote:

We need the judge's name to start appearing in these stories. No reason to leave that out when it is becoming a key part of the story about why repeat violent offenders are being released on ridiculously low bonds. Anybody who is on bond for a violent offense that then commits another violent offense should automatically get no bond.
Appears he is still at the 1200 Baker facility.
Cromagnum
AG
txags92 said:

Quote:

We need the judge's name to start appearing in these stories. No reason to leave that out when it is becoming a key part of the story about why repeat violent offenders are being released on ridiculously low bonds. Anybody who is on bond for a violent offense that then commits another violent offense should automatically get shot

FIFY
sts7049
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

what does this computer failure have to do with him?
htxag09
AG
sts7049 said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Just spit balling because it wasn't my comment, but....

Maybe the wave of Democratic judges and politicians in Harris county aren't really qualified to be in office. A lot of voters came out and straight ticket voted for Beto, thus voting for these unqualified politicians. Now, things aren't running very smoothly and things like this computer glitch are happening. So, I guess we could shrug and say "Shucks, that's terrible but it's a computer glitch, what can we do?" or we can hold the people who are in fact ultimately responsible, responsible.

ETA: The other component is this isn't happening in a vacuum.

Covid hits: lets just let every violent criminal out!

Covid cont: Let's just ask violent criminals to "Chill." All will be good!

Still Covid: lets just continue to let people out on their bond and not hear a single case because Covid is too dangerous, nevermind the fact that we can do these virtually.

And can't forget the lets play politics and take bond reform in our own hands and let violent criminals with a well documented violent history out on low bonds to commit the same crimes over and over.

So yeah, people will be a little less forgiving of a computer glitch that lets 300 criminals out.
aTm2004
AG
htxag09 said:

sts7049 said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Maybe the wave of Democratic judges and politicians in Harris county aren't really qualified to be in office. A lot of voters came out and straight ticket voted for Beto, thus voting for these unqualified politicians. Now, things aren't running very smoothly and things like this computer glitch are happening. So, I guess we could shrug and say "Shucks, that's terrible but it's a computer glitch, what can we do?" or we can hold the people who are in fact ultimately responsible, responsible.

DING DING DING!
Sea Speed
AG
htxag09 said:

sts7049 said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

ETA: The other component is this isn't happening in a vacuum. Covid hits: lets just let every violent criminal out! Covid cont: Let's just ask violent criminals to "Chill." All will be good! Still Covid: lets just continue to let people out on their bond and not hear a single case because Covid is too dangerous, nevermind the fact that we can do these virtually. And can't forget the lets play politics and take bond reform in our own hands and let violent criminals with a well documented violent history out on low bonds to commit the same crimes over and over. So yeah, people will be a little less forgiving of a computer glitch that lets 300 criminals out.

Kick his ass seabass
sts7049
AG
htxag09 said:

sts7049 said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

ETA: The other component is this isn't happening in a vacuum.

Covid hits: lets just let every violent criminal out!

Covid cont: Let's just ask violent criminals to "Chill." All will be good!

Still Covid: lets just continue to let people out on their bond and not hear a single case because Covid is too dangerous, nevermind the fact that we can do these virtually.

And can't forget the lets play politics and take bond reform in our own hands and let violent criminals with a well documented violent history out on low bonds to commit the same crimes over and over.

So yeah, people will be a little less forgiving of a computer glitch that lets 300 criminals out.
mmm, ok. i'm not really defending any judges here believe me, but unless you tell me that the judges themselves implemented or manage this computer system or are responsible for the glitch, then i dunno how any of the rest of this is relevant at all.
htxag09
AG
It's not just judges. The director for the organization (Harris County Universal Services) that oversees the IT systems used was hired a year ago. He was most likely hired by an elected official(s). I know nothing about him or his competencies, but obviously someone in his team made a mistake or, at best, had a large oversight.

So, no, I don't see a problem blaming our vastly unqualified elected officials for this.
sts7049
AG
htxag09 said:

It's not just judges. The director for the organization (Harris County Universal Services) that oversees the IT systems used was hired a year ago. He was most likely hired by an elected official(s). I know nothing about him or his competencies, but obviously someone in his team made a mistake or, at best, had a large oversight.

So, no, I don't see a problem blaming our vastly unqualified elected officials for this.
well, if this is true then the connection at least makes a little sense.

i didn't realize that republicans were better at hiring IT than democrats, but it's fine if you want to complain
P.H. Dexippus
AG
See the current COVID outreach firm hiring imbroglio and failing up of Lina's confidant for Dem vs. Rep hiring practices.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
YellAg2004
AG
sts7049 said:

htxag09 said:

well, if this is true then the connection at least makes a little sense.

i didn't realize that republicans were better at hiring IT than democrats, but it's fine if you want to complain
See the resume of the guy hired to run Universal Services after they (Pct. 1, 2, & Judge) essentially fired the previous director (song starting to sound familiar yet?). While he has a long resume, there's no connection to IT as I understand it. It was a political hire and nothing more.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I'm now part of a statistic. Thieves attempted to steal my vehicle last night, couldn't get mine so they stole one similar.
TexasMom
How can we see the resume? What is his name?
YellAg2004
AG
https://hcus.harriscountytx.gov/About-Us/Executive-Director
Al Bula
AG
TexasMom said:

How can we see the resume? What is his name?
if this is current:

https://hcus.harriscountytx.gov/About-Us/Executive-Director

Lol claims one of those certificate programs from the lib-whack Bush school
TexasMom
I don't see anything in his background that qualifies him for that position.
FarmerJohn
AG
You only get to choose one top priority when hiring. You can prioritize competency, cost, skin color, sex, nationality, etc. I don't think it is partisan to say Democrats have more considerations in their hiring decisions than Republicans.
W
AG
apparently the double homicide suspect (Devan Jordon) who was being held on $1 million bond for a murder in League City.

posted bail and is out.

where or who is sponsoring $100k for this guy?
Serotonin
AG
One critical thing to understand is that bond companies will post the bond and then only collect 1-2% from the suspect. I've read that Harris County often releases the bond automatically even if the suspect doesn't show on court dates.

So the whole thing is basically a giant scam where bond companies make a few thousand bucks and criminals immediately get back out.

There was an effort to require that suspects at least pay 10% to the bond company. So a suspect would have to pay $10k on a $100k bond. That didn't pass:
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/harris-county-bail-reform-rejection/285-22e6d1c9-f885-4571-bfc4-7a83e581eaed
maroon barchetta
Serotonin said:

One critical thing to understand is that bond companies will post the bond and then only collect 1-2% from the suspect. I've read that Harris County often releases the bond automatically even if the suspect doesn't show on court dates.

So the whole thing is basically a giant scam where bond companies make a few thousand bucks and criminals immediately get back out.

There was an effort to require that suspects at least pay 10% to the bond company. So a suspect would have to pay $10k on a $100k bond. That didn't pass:
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/harris-county-bail-reform-rejection/285-22e6d1c9-f885-4571-bfc4-7a83e581eaed

And we know who is responsible for that.
MAROON
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Serotonin said:

And we know who is responsible for that.

https://bailbond.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/Members.aspx

Members of the commission - imagine that
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Keegan99
AG
The bond companies realized they make $0 on those that stay locked up. So they dropped the up-front requirement to a much smaller percentage and then tacked on huge weekly or monthly fees or installments.

The lege needs to set some minimum requirements.
Sea Speed
AG
It is insane to me the system has been allowed to get this broken. This whole thing is not an overnight transition. So many people have failed the population. I just wish all the violent crime only happened to the trash who continue to advocate for this stuff instead of the rest ofnthe citizenry.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

It is insane to me the system has been allowed to get this broken. This whole thing is not an overnight transition. So many people have failed the population. I just wish all the violent crime only happened to the trash who continue to advocate for this stuff instead of the rest ofnthe citizenry.

West U police don't allow outsiders to come into the city limits and commit crimes.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-deputy-shot-grocery-store-parking-lot-1960-aldine-westfield/285-6a1687ec-2413-4b1f-857a-2f4d76ea1362
TarponChaser
Stringfellow Hawke said:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/harris-county-deputy-shot-grocery-store-parking-lot-1960-aldine-westfield/285-6a1687ec-2413-4b1f-857a-2f4d76ea1362

Damn. I kind of knew that guy.

He was on the team run by my oldest son's baseball coach (he's a sergeant with HCSO) from his last team. Met him at a couple crawfish boils at the coach's house.

Motherfcking scumbags.
RK
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

West U police don't allow outsiders to come into the city limits and commit crimes.
their "virtual gate" gets fools rolled up immediately.
txags92
AG
Serotonin said:

This is missing some context. If the courts forced the bond companies to pay the full amount to the court for people who violate their bond conditions, those companies would assess the risk of those people showing up or committing more crimes and charge an appropriate percentage to reflect that risk. However, Harris County is making no effort whatsoever to actually collect that money from the bond companies when people violate their bond conditions. So the bond companies have absolutely nothing at risk financially, so they are giving people 1-2% bail fees. Doesn't matter if you set a huge bond if people can get out for 1% with no risk of the county trying to collect on it. Passing a measure to force the bond companies to charge at least 10% is a dumb way to go about fixing that problem, and just puts more money in the bond companies' pockets. They need to start actually making the bond companies pay for people who break their bond, and the percentages will go back up to reflect the risk to the company.
TJaggie14
AG
Sea Speed
AG
RK said:

maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

their "virtual gate" gets fools rolled up immediately.

Tell me more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.