Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,678 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But let's get this thread back on track talking about Harris County. I have several friends who used to work at the DAs office there. Plus have kids and grandkids in Harris County.

So I like to keep up with how things are going in Houston so I am not in the dark when the former Harris County prosecutors start talking about the happenings there.

Interestingly, at the same wedding where I ran into my old FBI friend, I met the attorney who is suing HPD and the city of Houston on the criminal incident where HPD Det. Goins (I think that's his name) falsified an affidavit for a search warrant and the couple living in the house that was raided were shot and killed by HPD. And this attorney's dad was a former HPD homicide detective.
maroon barchetta
Tell him he is doing God's work on that case and to go scorched earth and make sure Acevedo gets a cell with Sly.
CDUB98
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tell him he is doing God's work on that case and to go scorched earth and make sure Acevedo gets a cell with Sly.

Considering the number of years Goins was running hos corruption, I'm quite doubtful anything can be put on Acevedo and Sly.
SW AG80
AG
He told me he really struggled with taking that case. His dad has passed away so he talked to some of his dad's cohorts about suing HPD. His dad's friends told him his dad would certainly be proud of him for taking this case on.

I, too, hope he hits a home run in that case. And he should.
maroon barchetta
CDUB98 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Considering the number of years Goins was running hos corruption, I'm quite doubtful anything can be put on Acevedo and Sly.

Dream crusher.
Ciboag96
Let's get this thread back on crack.

Does anyone have a body count for this year? Will we win the World Series of murder rates?

Quote:

HOUSTON A man was shot and killed while hanging out in an apartment complex parking lot in southwest Houston, according to police.
It happened just before 3 a.m. on Braeburn Glen Boulevard which is near Bissonnet Street and South Gessner Road intersection.
Police said a group of men were drinking in the parking lot of the Falls of Braeburn Apartments. Eventually, an argument broke out, which led to someone pulling out a gun and opening fire.
Al Bula
AG
No clue what the body count is. Was a relatively quiet weekend til two black kids tried to rob someone at a gas station and one got GOT.

https://abc13.com/two-teenagers-shot-suspects-detained-northeast-harris-county-shooting-teens-taken-to-hospital/12560138/

The poor channel 13 useful idiots had to parrot a "human interest" story about an abortion clinic shutting down all morning.
Ciboag96
I think it's absolutely amazing that there's no body count anywhere to be found. Interesting, isn't it?
Sea Speed
AG
Ciboag96 said:

I think it's absolutely amazing that there's no body count anywhere to be found. Interesting, isn't it?

A lot of police forces nationwide are slow playing crime stats or just not putting them out at all. Its why people can still act like murder rates and crime isn't spiking.
HtownAg92
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Let's get this thread back on crack.

Does anyone have a body count for this year? Will we win the World Series of murder rates?

Quote:

HOUSTON A man was shot and killed while hanging out in an apartment complex parking lot in southwest Houston, according to police.
It happened just before 3 a.m. on Braeburn Glen Boulevard which is near Bissonnet Street and South Gessner Road intersection.
Police said a group of men were drinking in the parking lot of the Falls of Braeburn Apartments. Eventually, an argument broke out, which led to someone pulling out a gun and opening fire.

The "19th Hole" at Braeburn CC has really gone down hill.
sts7049
AG
do you know of any red cities that are transparent about it?

genuine question, because i dont think a government of either color would be transparent about it.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
The information is out there.

https://harriscountyconstable4.com/2.0/index.php?index=Y29uc3RhYmxlLTQtbmV3cy1mZWVk
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
This is insane

https://abc13.com/sushi-restaurant-robbery-rice-military-the-blue-fish-heist/12563237/
Waltonloads08
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

This is insane

https://abc13.com/sushi-restaurant-robbery-rice-military-the-blue-fish-heist/12563237/

3:30 PM on a Sunday in a dense part of town?? Tango Blast is getting brazen. Hopefully they get got or booked outside of a Black Girl Tragic jurisdiction so they aren't immediately turned loose on a PR bond.
wessimo
AG
One of the robbers put his gun down right by a worker and stopped to tie his shoe. These idiots aren't gonna live long.
digging tunnels
AG
That side of Washington from the roundabout to Shepherd has turned into a thuggish nightmare. Always riff raff every weekend.
CDUB98
AG
digging tunnels said:

That side of Washington from the roundabout to Shepherd has turned into a thuggish nightmare. Always riff raff every weekend.

It's just returning to its native habitat.
htxag09
AG
I walk that stretch every weekend morning to get coffee at yellow cup. Guess my family is a thuggish nightmare
digging tunnels
AG
Let's go party at Clutch on Sunday night!
AustinCountyAg
It's laughable now how brazen the criminals are these days in Lib run cities. This is what ZERO consequences get you.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
htxag09 said:

I walk that stretch every weekend morning to get coffee at yellow cup. Guess my family is a thuggish nightmare

htxag09 goes hard on Sunday mornings, y'all.

HtownWilly12
Just down the street from where we live, but one criminal down! Saved money on that court case.

HPD: Woman burglarizing vehicles shot to death by homeowner | khou.com
CDUB98
AG
htxag09 said:

I really hope this is sarcasm. If it's not, it seems you don't understand what the area used to be.
AgLA06
AG
CDUB98 said:

htxag09 said:

I really hope this is sarcasm. If it's not, it seems you don't understand what the area used to be.
I mean. That's like saying someone doesn't understand what the Heights used to be. Or that many suburbs used to be rice fields. Or the Woodlands used to be woods.

It really doesn't matter.
CDUB98
AG
Good gawd. It was all a joke you twits.
maroon barchetta
htxag09
AG
Yours was, was digging tunnels? What about the asshat moving to fulshear in a gated and guarded community because he's afraid to leave his house?

Forgive us for not being able to interpret a joke from the normal extreme hyperbole of this thread….
txags92
AG
htxag09 said:

Yours was, was digging tunnels? What about the asshat moving to fulshear in a gated and guarded community because he's afraid to leave his house?
That guy is going to hate it when the guard at the gatehouse can't stop the floodwaters from filling up his house built in a former rice field.
SW AG80
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Just down the street from where we live, but one criminal down! Saved money on that court case.

HPD: Woman burglarizing vehicles shot to death by homeowner | khou.com
Hope that homeowner does not get indicted by Kim Ogg's office.
43rd Street Posse
I Am A Critic said:

RiverAg 80 said:

And Biden's Border "security" is making this threat more real. I retired March 2021. On one of my last days I asked an ICE agent if they ever caught Muslims ever crossing the Rio Grande illegally. He said it happens almost every day.
Are you really stupid enough to believe that there weren't Muslims crossing illegally before Biden became President? The problem started long before him.
Geez, embarrassed for you and that little pea brain of yours.
“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
43rd Street Posse
TriAg2010 said:

RiverAg 80 said:

I'm a retired elected DA. I spent my last few years of work assigned to DPS mainly helping rural LE along the border. But in 2017, when San Antonio hosted the Men's Final Four, I attended a briefing about security at the Alamodome for the Final Four. That was the first time I had ever heard of Fentanyl. A concern then was that terrorists could spread it through an enclosed facility (Alamodome) and kill just about everyone inside. I shockingly said "You are talking about a weapon of mass destruction!" An FBI agent who was present answered "That is exactly what we are talking about."
So this has been on LE's radar for several years.

And Biden's Border "security" is making this threat more real. I retired March 2021. On one of my last days I asked an ICE agent if they ever caught Muslims ever crossing the Rio Grande illegally. He said it happens almost every day.

I'm not saying this didn't happen, but I am saying it is totally ludicrous. It would be exceptionally difficult to weaponize fentanyl to kill even a few people - much less nearly everyone - in a stadium of 20,000 people.
Look up Carfentanil...that is probably what they were concerned about. I remember reading about it a few years ago, and it's potential for terror attacks.
“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
43rd Street Posse
CDUB98 said:

RiverAg 80 said:

It was not turning it into an aerosol.

How else they going to spread it via the air?
How are you going to spread a super fine residue through the air? In an indoor stadium, you could just drop a lb of it over the railing of the nose bleeds and kill several dozen people I'd imagine. If you have a more sophisticated way of spreading it, probably a lot more. Just breathing in or coming into contact with tiny amounts has resulted in OD's. Saw one video of a cop who collapsed from OD in a traffic stop after coming in close contact with a small amt...luckily his partner had the narcan on him.
-Old McDonald
43rd Street Posse
htxag09 said:

More power to you, but I can't imagine raising a family in that immediate area...at least not small kiddos. Narrow streets, crazy drivers, drunks everywhere, and much higher crime than many more family friendly neighborhoods.
-Old McDonald
Bondag
AG
43rd Street Posse said:

htxag09 said:

More power to you, but I can't imagine raising a family in that immediate area...at least not small kiddos. Narrow streets, crazy drivers, drunks everywhere, and much higher crime than many more family friendly neighborhoods.
Username does not check out
htxag09
AG
Don't get me wrong, we're probably moving within the next few years to get into a single family home vs our townhome and more space.

But to counter your point, walking distance to memorial park and buffalo bayou (and countless smaller parks), arboretum, easy access to the zoo, museums, etc. Good daycares, our zoned elementary school is pretty good also (memorial).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.