Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,644 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is that her married name or her maiden name?
MarathonAg12
TarponChaser said:

Daddy-O5 said:

She thinks an LTC class = gun training.

And the CNN piece mentions LEO getting firearms training but, anecdotally from a buddy who was a Ranger and then a shooting instructor for Blackwater, the ranking of the best shooters was generally:
- Special operations military (ie- SEALS, Special Forces, Rangers, etc)
- specialized civilian units (FBI Hostage Rescue Team)
- civilian hobbyists (people who shoot competitively for fun)
- regular military
- LEO
- everybody else

Basically, members of Special Forces (used generically to cover all of the branches) shoot thousands of rounds per week and are the best of the best when it comes to shooting. The specialized civilian outfits are next.

Then, civilians who shoot a lot. Because it's their passion so they can generally spend lots of time and money on training and range time.

Regular military actually has minimal range time once they're out of basic. I was surprised by this.

LEO, once out of training hardly shoots at all except for annual proficiency exams.
I would hope our LEOs shoot more than an Active Duty line company.

We had to do so much other training that there was hardly time to pew pew
Diggity
AG
maroon barchetta said:

she kept her name. Those seafood restaurant people are uppity like that.
Jackal99
AG
Diggity said:

maroon barchetta said:

she kept her name. Those seafood restaurant people are uppity like that.

White lib women do that sort of thing, too, not just the uppity seafood restaurant lot.
Sea Speed
AG
Nah, they hyphenate
Chewy
AG
Colleen is a dear friend and I believe she's still the same person you knew in school. I would take what you see on social media with a grain of salt. Politics is really dis-tasteful and easy targets are made. Same on both sides.

I know I won't sway anyone's mind but as I understand what happened was there was a magistrate in her court last week. She was on vacation. Like a lot parents I think she was in Florida getting whipped by her kids and the mouse.

The magistrate set the initial bond amount. Upon return Colleen looked at the bond amount and didn't feel it matched precedent for what this person is accused of and past history. Had she been in court last week she would have set it at the amount she lowered it to.

This wasn't a political move. Simply a judge re-setting the bond amount to what she feels is appropriate for her court.

I believe she's very frustrated by all the bond stuff because she feels her hands are tied. She has to follow laws and precedents.

She wants to serve and takes all of this very seriously.
maroon barchetta
She could have set the bond high enough to keep a killer off the street.

She didn't.

Your dear friend just made the city less safe.

Sleep well.
Sea Speed
AG
It SHOULD be hard and expensive and life changing to get someone out of jail on a murder charge. If you're worried about how to get out of jail or what tryong to get out will look like to your family, maybe don't go murdering folks.

His bond is now 25% of what prosecutor's requested. Doesnt seem too fair to the family of the victim or the community at large.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Lol! This wasn't her first instance. Her and her beta boy husband can fck off
MAROON
AG
Chewy said:

Colleen is a dear friend and I believe she's still the same person you knew in school. I would take what you see on social media with a grain of salt. Politics is really dis-tasteful and easy targets are made. Same on both sides.

I know I won't sway anyone's mind but as I understand what happened was there was a magistrate in her court last week. She was on vacation. Like a lot parents I think she was in Florida getting whipped by her kids and the mouse.

The magistrate set the initial bond amount. Upon return Colleen looked at the bond amount and didn't feel it matched precedent for what this person is accused of and past history. Had she been in court last week she would have set it at the amount she lowered it to.

This wasn't a political move. Simply a judge re-setting the bond amount to what she feels is appropriate for her court.

I believe she's very frustrated by all the bond stuff because she feels her hands are tied. She has to follow laws and precedents.

She campaigned on bail reform so she is 100% in the camp with the rest of the democratic judges that bail needs to be lowered.

This isn't her first time to lower a bond - hopefully this current case doesn't end up with an innocent person being killed de to a low bond.:
In-depth look at two repeat violent offenders accused of taking 2 lives in one week while free on bond (fox26houston.com)

I'm sure she takes this all very serious but she is exactly the kind of judge we need to vote out of office.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah, I don't feel sorry for her. She's a lib who is contributing to the problem in Harris County. Vote her out, and all the others like her.
htxag09
AG
MAROON said:

Chewy said:

She campaigned on bail reform so she is 100% in the camp with the rest of the democratic judges that bail needs to be lowered.

This isn't her first time to lower a bond - hopefully this current case doesn't end up with an innocent person being killed de to a low bond.:
In-depth look at two repeat violent offenders accused of taking 2 lives in one week while free on bond (fox26houston.com)

I'm sure she takes this all very serious but she is exactly the kind of judge we need to vote out of office.
You're so heartless. ...her hands are tied!!!!!!!!
BBRex
AG
Apparently not tight enough.
Chewy
AG
Wow. My post didn't sway one person's mind. Shocked by that.

Looks like the answer is simple - vote her out.

I'll keep sleeping like I always do. Really well because I don't get super worked up about politics online.
Martin Q. Blank
Maybe your dear friend should go on vacation more often.
swimmerbabe11
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Sea Speed said:

People should be picketing outside that sip judges house

At a minimum.

So, harrassing someone at their home (where their children live) because you disagree with how they do their job is a minimum? What exactly is the medium here?
YellAg2004
AG
Chewy said:

I'll keep sleeping like I always do. Really well because I don't get super worked up about politics online.
That's all well and good. Hope one of those highly-contributing members of society never happens to come across you or one of your loved ones while they are out on bail from their last murder. Ultimately that's what it's going to take for some people to wake up and realize that governing by their feels doesn't work when dealing with people with values antithetical to civilized society.
htxag09
AG
Chewy said:

You can sit here and defend individual judges and their specific cases all you want. It may even be valid. But when the numbers start to add up and cause a trend, a trend of liberal judges letting violent criminals out on bond, generally low bonds, and those violent criminals continuing to commit violent crimes while out on bond, I don't care about the sob story each individual judge has on why this murderer deserves a lower bond.
Mr. Lahey
AG
It's not politics at this point. This isn't a tax or social issue. This is judges with literal blood on their hands due to horrible policies.
YellAg2004
AG
htxag09 said:

Chewy said:

You can sit here and defend individual judges and their specific cases all you want. It may even be valid. But when the numbers start to add up and cause a trend, a trend of liberal judges letting violent criminals out on bond, generally low bonds, and those violent criminals continuing to commit violent crimes while out on bond, I don't care about the sob story each individual judge has on why this murderer deserves a lower bond.
As I was reading his "justification" I was honestly expecting to read that it was the magistrate that lowered it while she was out on vacation. Nope, the magistrate set the original amount only for this idiot to come back and serve up some fresh social justice to let the trash back out on the street. Not sure how that is playing politics or how her hands were tied. She was the one that made those decisions.
Martin Q. Blank
swimmerbabe11 said:

Sea Speed said:

At a minimum.

So, harrassing someone at their home (where their children live) because you disagree with how they do their job is a minimum? What exactly is the medium here?
Tar and feather.
AustinCountyAg
Sea Speed said:

It SHOULD be hard and expensive and life changing to get someone out of jail on a murder charge. If you're worried about how to get out of jail or what tryong to get out will look like to your family, maybe don't go murdering folks.

His bond is now 25% of what prosecutor's requested. Doesnt seem too fair to the family of the victim or the community at large.
It's mind blowing how these lib judges can treat murder charges, and other violent felony crimes like it is a ****ing speeding ticket, or public intoxication charge.

Bail shouldn't be deserved, or easily accessible for these type of crimes. It should hurt the defendant, the family, or whoever wants to bail out the criminal. People wonder why it seems like the majority of these criminals are repeat offenders, or young wanna be gangstars...It's because these kids are getting away with this crap in school, as are the parents. Break a law in school, "it's okay the kid has a rough upbringing, lets give him a warning blah blah blah"......the public schools and our courts are enabling all of this crap because nobody is held accountable anymore for anything. Their is a reason teachers and cops are quitting everyday, and why nobody wants to go to school to become one of the two either.
Sea Speed
AG
Dude's friend let's violent criminals out of jail to kill more folks and WE are the ass holes
Sea Speed
AG
Chewy said:

Whats wrong? Not gonna get a free appetizer next time your down on the seawall if you admit your friend's bond reform platform is pure unadulterated ass and 100% the reason some law abiding houstonians are dead?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Sea Speed said:

At a minimum.

Good grief. Nice try...vote them out, make the larger population (that doesn't pay attention to this stuff) aware of their actions and how they're affecting the community, etc. Letting violent felons and killers back out onto the streets is a little different than "disagreeing with how they do their job". Clutch your little pearls a bit harder.

And I noticed you made sure to mention "where their children live" without a damn word about the parents and families who lost their children to the violent thugs these judges put back out on the streets. Where is your concern for the people who were needlessly murdered or raped? Stick your head back in the sand and give up trying to play "gotcha". You're terrible at it.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Chewy said:

Whats wrong? Not gonna get a free appetizer next time your down on the seawall if you you admit your friend's bond reform platform is pure unadulterated ass and 100% the reason some law abiding houstonians are dead?

Don't be throwing logic around.
swimmerbabe11
who is the one who is big mad here?

Politics have real world consequences and always have. This isn't new. I'm totally fine with protesting at the courts and double plus fine with voting them out.. and I believe she should be. I think targeting any politicians home is distasteful, but my pearls are just fine.

However, that person said "picket outside of her home" and the response was "At a minimum" as though further escalation is appropriate.. like tar and feathering.
MAROON
AG
Chewy said:

https://abc13.com/davonte-williams-autrey-davis-cvs-robbery-suspect-arrest-deadly-chase/11468447/

your friend let this guy out on bond after repeated aggravated assaults with a deadly weapon. He continued to commit crimes after bonding out and in the subsequent chase to try and arrest him an innocent woman was killed and her two kids injured.

This isn't fricking "politics" - this is actual citizens being killed because your friend thinks criminals need more protection from the criminal justice system than the victims or innocent citizens.

Your friend just lowered the bond for a guy who walked into this place of employment and shot his boss in the head. Its not defensible.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

who is the one who is big mad here?

Politics have real world consequences and always have. This isn't new. I'm totally fine with protesting at the courts and double plus fine with voting them out.. and I believe she should be. I think targeting any politicians home is distasteful, but my pearls are just fine.

However, that person said "picket outside of her home" and the response was "At a minimum" as though further escalation is appropriate.. like tar and feathering.

That's your own assumption. That's on you.

And nobody is mad. I just think you chiming in trying to play white knight for judges who are actively and purposefully making the community much more dangerous makes you an unserious person and your opinions on the topic should be treated as such.

Throw another laugh/cry emoji up for good measure though.
Chewy
AG
This is awesome. I'm okay with people being murdered over free appetizers.

The worst part is I've only eaten there once for a rehearsal dinner. I've never even gotten a free appetizer.

Now I've got a real beef to take up with my dear friend. Screw the bail issue. I WANT FREE SHRIMP APPETIZER!!!
maroon barchetta
Keep deflecting away from the fact that your bleeding heart opinion is horrible.
Martin Q. Blank
MAROON said:

Your friend just lowered the bond for a guy who walked into this place of employment and shot his boss in the head. Its not defensible.
But it is precedent.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Chewy said:

This is awesome. I'm okay with people being murdered over free appetizers.

The worst part is I've only eaten there once for a rehearsal dinner. I've never even gotten a free appetizer.

Now I've got a real beef to take up with my dear friend. Screw the bail issue. I WANT FREE SHRIMP APPETIZER!!!

Probably should have kept this one in the chamber.
Keegan99
AG
Yea, in the dead boss matter, this isn't even a case of "Well, maybe the police have the wrong guy. So while the evidence supports an arrest, he needs to be free to put together a defense!"

Nope. The boss is dead, and it's clear who did it. The killer is going away for a long time. There's no argument for that murderer to be on the street.
swimmerbabe11
Could you define "politics"?
I think anything concerning the courts, policy, war, etc is "political" and anyone voted into their position a "politician"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.