Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,643 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
..you are technically right and practically wrong and you know it.

I knew who SJL was long before I lived in Houston, but barely knew who Ed Emmett was until Lina was elected (which is exactly how her election happened)
swimmerbabe11
Sea Speed said:

Dora the Exploiter

super insightful addition to the conversation, thanks
Sea Speed
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Sea Speed said:

Dora the Exploiter

super insightful addition to the conversation, thanks

Uhhhh, what? Have you ever read this board? Or are you upset i mocked the dumbass County judge?
swimmerbabe11
I know thats what people call her on this board, but you just lobbed it into the thread like you need to post pad. No context, no anything.
sts7049
AG
he doesn't need post padding, that's for sure
swimmerbabe11
holy crap 9k posts in an account less than a year old. I thought I posted too much.

dedication, good sir!
Sea Speed
AG
Being paid to post is a blessing and a curse
Marvin_Zindler
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

..you are technically right and practically wrong and you know it.

I knew who SJL was long before I lived in Houston, but barely knew who Ed Emmett was until Lina was elected (which is exactly how her election happened)

Then you clearly: (I) have not lived in Houston that long, or (II) are a low-information voter who probably should never go near a polling location.

Did you vote for Beto?
htxag09
AG
All I know is I've never put a political sign in my yard. But sign me the hell up when someone has one saying something along the lines of quit letting murderers out on bond….*******s!
YellAg2004
AG
Skillet Shot said:

Who is running against her? They need to be campaigning on this.
Still TBD. Have to clear the primary first to identify the opponent.
maroon barchetta
htxag09 said:

All I know is I've never put a political sign in my yard. But sign me the hell up when someone has one saying something along the lines of quit letting murderers out on bond….*******s!

This needs to happen.

Signs with the the magic judges and Lina on them and how many murders committed by felons out on bond.

Don't forget that Lina tried to release 1000 county prisoners at the start of COVID and got about 100 let out before the governor or state A.G. shut her down.
swimmerbabe11
I would never vote for Beto, but like most voters, I pay/paid much more attention to federal politics than local. literally used to stream cspan while I worked almost daily and I've only ever watched one city council meeting.

that isn't thar uncommon. the older I get, the more it flips, but if you are saying that SJL's fame/reach/sphere of influence/platform/etc isn't larger than our county judge's, you are just wrong.
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

I would never vote for Beto, but like most voters, I pay/paid much more attention to federal politics than local. literally used to stream cspan while I worked almost daily and I've only ever watched one city council meeting.

that isn't thar uncommon. the older I get, the more it flips, but if you are saying that SJL's fame/reach/sphere of influence/platform/etc isn't larger than our county judge's, you are just wrong.

She's a female Cosmo Kramer!!
Ag_07
AG
I will say Sly's gun buy back is a crock of shlt but at least his plan includes more police officers and some things I can actually get behind.

Unlike Lina's that includes better street lighting and new sidewalks.

What a fkn joke
maroon barchetta
Wait. Kramer didn't work except for a few days and he only taped CSPAN for Canadian Parliament.
swimmerbabe11

maroon barchetta
Ag_07 said:

I will say Sly's gun buy back is a crock of shlt but at least his plan includes more police officers and some things I can actually get behind.

Unlike Lina's that includes better street lighting and new sidewalks.

What a fkn joke

They will just go out and bust into more cars and trucks to steal pistols from morons that left them unsecured in their vehicles so they can sell them and use the money to buy one under the table.

And yes, if you leave a pistol in a vehicle unsecured where it can be taken by a thug, I just called you a moron. Make better choices.
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

While this may be true, it's not relevant to the thread.
swimmerbabe11
definitely a derail but it's my favorite moment in Seinfeld and its not close.
File5
AG
Watching Sly on Fox 26 right now, and he mentions that crime is down in every category except homicide. Of course that begs the question if the stats are just being padded by not charging people for crimes, and homicide is the only one that you can't get away with given that there's a body. Of course he blames the rise in large part due to the availability of guns and people not being licensed or trained, nothing new there. There's a new plan called One Safe Houston that is being rolled out that apparently only consists of adding more cops to the streets (duh!!!) and working with the FBI and law enforcement agencies more. Woohoo.
Ag_07
AG
Exactly

I just can't imagine sitting around a table saying 'Ok...We're leading the nation in violent crime right now so we have to come up with a plan. How about better street lighting and new sidewalks. That should work huh? Yeah...That's a great idea.'

If you asked my 5 year old to come up with a way to stop bad guys she'd give you a better answer than street lights and sidewalks.
htxag09
AG
The gun buyback is a joke, from the wording to the actualities of it
Quote:

The City will invest $1 million in a robust gun buyback initiative to remove more illegal or unwanted firearms from the street that could ultimately be used as crime guns.
None of the guns we want off the street are "unwanted firearms" that people are going to willing give to police for a $100 gift card. The illegal guns in the hands of thugs are most definitely wanted by them.

I mean, sure, we may get a handful of guns from people that don't want them and had the potential to get stolen because they are more or less forgot about and not secured, but that's not going to be any significant number.
dubi
AG
File5 said:

Watching Sly on Fox 26 right now, and he mentions that crime is down in every category except homicide. Of course that begs the question if the stats are just being padded by not charging people for crimes, and homicide is the only one that you can't get away with given that there's a body. Of course he blames the rise in large part due to the availability of guns and people not being licensed or trained, nothing new there. There's a new plan called One Safe Houston that is being rolled out that apparently only consists of adding more cops to the streets (duh!!!) and working with the FBI and law enforcement agencies more. Woohoo.
Police arrest them then they are not charged and go free.
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Exactly

I just can't imagine sitting around a table saying 'Ok...We're leading the nation in violent crime right now so we have to come up with a plan. How about better street lighting and new sidewalks. That should work huh? Yeah...That's a great idea.'

If you asked my 5 year old to come up with a way to stop bad guys she'd give you a better answer than street lights and sidewalks.
Well the answer is pretty obvious but it goes against their entire beings and they can't admit they were wrong.....quit letting violent, repeat offenders out of jail for completely irrationally low bail. And follow up with bondsmen so they quit allowing dumb things to be used as security because they know the city/county will never collect.
randy828
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

definitely a derail but it's my favorite moment in Seinfeld and its not close.
That is a great one....but impressed you can narrow it down to just one..."NEXT!"....Elaine dancing....or....

and I HATE Lina .....please keep updating this thread to let us know who the heck runs against her...unlike you, I get ALL my news from Texags.com.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
File5
AG
Sounds like an opportunity for a entrepreneurial 3D printer business. $5 or less in materials, $95 profit. Just like the British paying all the Indians for Cobra corpses, and they got smart and started breeding them haha. Then when the British got wise to it the Indians just released them all into the wild making the problem 100 times worse.

To the ATF agent reading this, I am not planning on doing this, this is a JOKE.
htxag09
AG
File5 said:

Sounds like an opportunity for a entrepreneurial 3D printer business. $5 or less in materials, $95 profit. Just like the British paying all the Indians for Cobra corpses, and they got smart and started breeding them haha. Then when the British got wise to it the Indians just released them all into the wild making the problem 100 times worse.

To the ATF agent reading this, I am not planning on doing this, this is a JOKE.
There have absolutely been people who've done this, even to a way more rudimentary degree, just out of scrap metal. And the guaranteed amnesty, etc. of it means you can't be charged for making an illegal gun. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to track you down and add you to some kind of list, regardless of what they say.......

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/police-man-sells-junk-guns-to-buy-back-program-buys-new-gun-with-cash/

Quote:

A Missouri man sold his firearms made out of scrap metal and garbage to a gun buy-back program… and then used the money to buy a real gun.

We call that man a "patriot".

YouTuber Royal Nonesuch made a quick $300 by taking 3 firearms that he'd built out of scrap and selling them back to the state of Missouri. He described two of the pipe guns as:

"The 'crappiest guns I've ever made'".

But he was still able to successfully sell them off to the program.
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

Exactly

don't forget about planting new trees!!!
swimmerbabe11
lights I get, but what's the justification for sidewalks?
Sea Speed
AG
The friendly neighborhood street urchin trips on an uneven sidewalk, next thing you know.....

File5
AG
Haven't you heard that there's an epidemic of mothers with broken backs as well?
Alex Bregman
AG
File5 said:

My eyes and ears call BS. Theft is rampant right now
swimmerbabe11
I told a girl that rhyme wasn't true when I was a 6 year old and stomped on a sidewalk.

I kid you not, my mom had to have back surgery a week or two later. I thought it was my fault for a VERY long time.
File5
AG
Agreed. A house on my street was burglarized two weeks ago, and I guarantee you that theft has gone up in general over the last 2 years. These people have no new ideas, all they have is adding cops, blaming others, and not holding criminals accountable. Until the people wake up to the actual problems and vote new leaders in, best thing we can do is be prepared to defend ourselves. Or I suppose you could just move away.
File5
AG
That is both hilarious and sad at the same time, I could totally see myself feeling the same way if that happened to me at that age! Now with my own back issues I realize getting old just sucks and things start breaking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.