Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,689 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friendly fire?

Sea Speed
AG
So there is supposed to be mob protection for rappers?
Ciboag96
Sea Speed said:

Yeah, same as the Grand Ole Opry back in the 60s and 70s. Member when Minnie Pearl used to gat fools when playing dice? Such is the culture of musical entertainment I suppose.
MAROON
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Friendly fire?

I'm shocked these guys aren't highly trained marksmen. Shocked!
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
HtownAg92
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Sea Speed said:

Yeah, same as the Grand Ole Opry back in the 60s and 70s. Member when Minnie Pearl used to gat fools when playing dice? Such is the culture of musical entertainment I suppose.
Yeah, there is that well-known story of how mad Minnie got when one of the Statler Brothers hit "Little Joe" after she gave Buck Owens 3-1 that he'd crap out. She lipped and "plexed" up to the drummer for the Dixie Clodhoppers, who had connections that went back to the days of Uncle Jimmy Thompson. It was on and poor Fiddlin' Arthur Smith got caught in the mix and took a broken moonshine bottle slash across the gut. Minnie stood over him as he bled out as a warning not to step to.
MAROON
AG
Sly to the rescue
CDUB98
AG
MAROON said:

Sly to the rescue

That's a terrible humble brag.
I Am A Critic
Have the Dindunuffins issued their statement condemning this senseless act of violence and reaffirming the sanctity and value of life for people of all colors?
Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
"Just chill"

Which one of you responded with that?
maroon barchetta
HtownAg92 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Sea Speed said:

Yeah, there is that well-known story of how mad Minnie got when one of the Statler Brothers hit "Little Joe" after she gave Buck Owens 3-1 that he'd crap out. She lipped and "plexed" up to the drummer for the Dixie Clodhoppers, who had connections that went back to the days of Uncle Jimmy Thompson. It was on and poor Fiddlin' Arthur Smith got caught in the mix and took a broken moonshine bottle slash across the gut. Minnie stood over him as he bled out as a warning not to step to.

Minnie Pearl was an OG.

Remember when people would lift a Starter jacket and leave the theft deterrent device on it so everyone would know it was hot?

She invented that. The price tag was still on her hat because she stole it.
swimmerbabe11
billy Joe shaver was held at knife point and shot the guy because he wouldn't apologize
MAROON
AG
me
maroon barchetta
MAROON said:

me

Excellent

Blue parachute.
swimmerbabe11
Unemployed
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I need subtitles.
I Am A Critic
I was just forwarded some graphic pre and post dice game photos on FB posted by an articulate young lady named Gabrielle Humphries.
Username checks out.
maroon barchetta
it's true dot gif
AgLA06
AG
Thankfully there will be a couple of more murders today so we can stop talking about rappers no one knows.
txags92
AG
I Am A Critic said:

I was just forwarded some graphic pre and post dice game photos on FB posted by an articulate young lady named Gabrielle Humphries.
TarponChaser
I'm probably not going to give a fck over cops allegedly killing black dudes until people actually give a fck about black folks killing other black folks at a ridiculous pace.
maroon barchetta
It's not something that anyone wants to discuss.
drumboy
AG
Not entirely addressing but very good rant
maroon barchetta
drumboy said:

Not entirely addressing but very good rant

That guy is a complete 180 from what Acevedo would have said. Or that milquetoast HPD union chief that accused the Harding street raid victims of being scumbags and serious black tar heroin dealers.
BG Knocc Out
Sea Speed said:

Yeah, upon reading this last sentence, I wonder if they are referring to Rap-A-Lot/J. Prince. It is often referred to as Rap-A-Lot "The Mob"...and they are notorious for being people you don't F with. If you are lucky, they just send a few goons to beat you up while you're selling bootleg albums etc.

I love how he blames is on "lack of protection", just after saying it was Migos' crew who was firing erratically. Sorry, are you saying rappers need babysitters to protect them from shooting guns at people they get into disagreements with?
Diggity
AG
I was thinking the same, since they were in town for Jas Prince's birthday. His brother runs "Mob Ties Streetwear"

https://www.instagram.com/jprincejr/?hl=en

Jas is a guy most people in Houston have never heard of but he basically discovered Drake.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/52644/1/behind-the-scenes-with-houston-rap-royalty-the-prince-family-pablo-lopez

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I looked up the bowling alley on google maps, and someone's already loaded up user pics from the shooting to 810 Billiards & Bowling on google.
Jackal99
AG
Glad someone finally noticed.
HtownAg92
AG
Curious -- is there a place anywhere to get a table and play some pool that's not all stabby? Or has the nice pool hall gone the way of the dodo.

We used to wear out Clicks and Alfred T's (and Yesterdays when we had a little extra cash, or wanted a dark place to take a girl for "pocket pool" in addition to billiards).
maroon barchetta
HtownAg92 said:

Curious -- is there a place anywhere to get a table and play some pool that's not all stabby? Or has the nice pool hall gone the way of the dodo.

We used to wear out Clicks and Alfred T's (and Yesterdays when we had a little extra cash, or wanted a dark place to take a girl for "pocket pool" in addition to billiards).

Clicks used to open on Christmas night. My cousin and his buddies would meet there late every Christmas night if they were all in town. I went and hung with them and enjoyed that place. Good memories.
jh0400
AG
Slick Willies in Montrose.
BG Knocc Out
Click's...you'd think it might be stabby, given the area, but I have never felt unsafe. Now Buffalo Fred's on a Thursday night back in the day is another story.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
What part of town? Most sports bars have tables. I don't know how high your standards are, but I haven't been stabbed.
HtownAg92
AG
Not a quarter machine at the sports bar, a dedicated pool hall. Central tine.
BG Knocc Out
Click's (not very central, but not far NW) and Slick Willie's in Montrose are the only I know of.
maroon barchetta
Was there a Click's on Richmond?

Maybe it was Stick's? The place my cousin and his buddies went was on Richmond.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.