Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

325,926 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh dear. Another person killed by a homeowner defending themselves (allegedly, this story is weird).

One shot. One kill.

https://abc13.com/burglary-suspect-shot-burglar-killed-shooting-canal-street-homeowner-shoots/11655780/
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Active shooter near Greenway?
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/active-shooter-greenway-plaza/285-4d19df4c-bc40-4118-9c7f-c48866886caa

ETA- despite the headline, it looks like it was a shooting with the suspect on the run, not an "active shooter"
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
maroon barchetta
Wagers on the Nissan being an Altima with paper plates?

https://abc13.com/deerbrook-mall-theft-suspect-wanted-thief-runs-off-with-15000-necklace-goldmax-jewelers-and-watch-repair/11656790/
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Well at least we finally have conclusive proof that masks work.
TXAG 05
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Active shooter near Greenway?
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/active-shooter-greenway-plaza/285-4d19df4c-bc40-4118-9c7f-c48866886caa

ETA- despite the headline, it looks like it was a shooting with the suspect on the run, not an "active shooter"

He has already been released on bond.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/03/16/investigation-underway-after-one-person-shot-near-greenway-plaza-hpd-says/
TJaggie14
AG
Boss Ogg was in Dubai at the World Police Summit at Expo. Quote from the article

Quote:

"Dubai is an inspiration and I congratulate Dubai Police and Dubai Government and its leadership for their success in public safety. This government has made wise and well-planned investments in well-trained, well-staffed and well-executed policing. Dubai delivered what some in the world might call it an impossibility," Ogg said during the keynote speech.

"We focus on the investigation of prosecution of violent individuals and spare no efforts to bring murderers and rapists and robbers to justice. We have adapted practice and policies where we direct non-violent criminals into non-prison programmes," she added.

Build It
AG
What is the body count? Are we ahead or behind Q1 of 21?
Al Bula
AG
Build It said:

What is the body count? Are we ahead or behind Q1 of 21?
ktrk ran a puff piece about how we should be so lucky we are not seeing the 600+ murder rate of the early 80s under the guise of a retirement story.

Apparently we are at 103 in Houston, but no clue of the county which is more relevant that just CoH.
Valtrex11
(3) Tucker: This is a highly dangerous situation - YouTube
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Don't get me wrong, illegal immigration and open borders contributes to the murder rate. But the sudden spike is Houston crime is most due to the judges and the way they are running their courts, not the election of our feeble-minded POTUS.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
MAROON
AG
Bail lowered for man accused of killing his supervisor in Greenway Plaza office (houstonchronicle.com)

behind a paywall. Mom testifies she doesn't have enough money to pay the fee for the original bond. Liberal judge lowers the bond.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Boo Weekley
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Don't get me wrong, illegal immigration and open borders contributes to the murder rate. But the sudden spike is Houston crime is most due to the judges and the way they are running their courts, not the election of our feeble-minded POTUS.
I have buddies who live or own land down in S Texas and I don't think even the common conservative Texan realizes how bad it has gotten. I am not trying to debate you, I largely agree...but I think democrat border policy has been an absolute disaster and has let in countless criminals and miscreants. Their numbers have skyrocketed since Trump left office. I think this policy is contributing to the murder/crime rates in all Texas cities, but it will take years for the chickens to come home to roost.

But yeah, democrat Soros funded DA's and all of these clown judges have been a complete disaster and directly responsible for the deaths of many innocent people. Beto-mania really did a number on us.
Al Bula
AG
MAROON said:

Bail lowered for man accused of killing his supervisor in Greenway Plaza office (houstonchronicle.com)

behind a paywall. Mom testifies she doesn't have enough money to pay the fee for the original bond. Liberal judge lowers the bond.
liberals are scum. This cretin needs to stay locked up. He has violent emotions he cannot control and is a danger to himself and others. Libs love putting criminals back on the street so they can kill more innocent people.

I get that black culture is broken and BL don't M, but how can libs habitually support violence?
sts7049
AG
this is the judge. is she 20 years old?

https://gaidoforjudge.com/about/

https://instagr.am/p/B9Rtv9gJ23z
sts7049
AG
Quote:

Harris County District Judge Colleen Gaido, however, ruled during a bail review hearing Monday that their request was out-of-line with bail standards for a murder charge and lowered his bail.

During the hearing, Wright's mother, Tahisha Hannor, said she received quotes from two bonding companies. One requested that she pay the standard 10 percent of the initial bail amount to free Wright from jail while another bondsman asked for 3 percent. She lacked the funds for the lowest fee and the bail agents would not accept her out-of-state home as collateral, Hannor continued.

Hannor, a contract nurse, lives in Georgia and is staying in Houston for "as long as I'm needed here," she said. The testimony offers insight into a pattern of bonding companies offering lower fees than the traditional 10 percent to ensure a defendant's release from jail. A Chronicle investigation last year found that bonding agents were offering lower fees on more violent crimes, with hefty payment plans and collateral deals often the trade-offs to defendants and their families.

The Harris County Bail Bond Board this month voted against requiring bail bondsmen to collect a 10 percent minimum on violent crimes.

A payment plan would be a financial hardship, Hannor continued.
StillNotAnAggie
sts7049 said:

This says enough from her website "She attended the University of Texas at Austin..."
RK
AG

Sea Speed
AG
Egg?
BBRex
AG
sts7049 said:

Quote:

Harris County District Judge Colleen Gaido, however, ruled during a bail review hearing Monday that their request was out-of-line with bail standards for a murder charge and lowered his bail.

During the hearing, Wright's mother, Tahisha Hannor, said she received quotes from two bonding companies. One requested that she pay the standard 10 percent of the initial bail amount to free Wright from jail while another bondsman asked for 3 percent. She lacked the funds for the lowest fee and the bail agents would not accept her out-of-state home as collateral, Hannor continued.

Hannor, a contract nurse, lives in Georgia and is staying in Houston for "as long as I'm needed here," she said. The testimony offers insight into a pattern of bonding companies offering lower fees than the traditional 10 percent to ensure a defendant's release from jail. A Chronicle investigation last year found that bonding agents were offering lower fees on more violent crimes, with hefty payment plans and collateral deals often the trade-offs to defendants and their families.

The Harris County Bail Bond Board this month voted against requiring bail bondsmen to collect a 10 percent minimum on violent crimes.

A payment plan would be a financial hardship, Hannor continued.

You know what else is a financial hardship? Burying your loved one killed by an employee. Especially if that loved one was the main breadwinner for your family.
File5
AG
So would y'all prefer a judge like her or someone who's not actually an attorney to be a judge, *but who made bail for violent criminals as strict as it should be? Say, a small business owner with a finance background?
dubi
AG
File5 said:

So would y'all prefer a judge like her or someone who's not actually an attorney to be a judge, *but who made bail for violent criminals as strict as it should be? Say, a small business owner with a finance background?
#2 is just fine with me!
MarathonAg12
She's coming for those guns!

Daddy-O5
AG
She thinks an LTC class = gun training.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
File5 said:

She's not an attorney so yeah
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Colleen was in my section at law school and someone I've counted as a good friend even though we've lost touch over the years. She's smart even for a sip and a liberal. And a good person.

I was initially supportive when she announced her candidacy after getting run off by Ogg. I then learned she was primarying an incumbent Democrat because he wasn't all in on this new concept called "bail reform".

Then while campaigning, her social media turned very TDS…constantly dunking on Trump, deriding Republicans and social conservatives in ways I thought unbecoming of Facebook, but especially for a judicial candidate. I wasn't the biggest Trump fan, but it didn't sit well with me that a criminal court candidate was using rhetoric that might undermine the appearance of fairness should they end up presiding over the trial of any member of one half of the citizenry.

I haven't followed her work on the bench closely, so she may be shining above the rest. But after the disaster that has been bail reform, I'm ready for that idea and any of its remaining adherents to be out of office.
sts7049
AG
i don't know anything about this girl so i'm trying not to judge right off the bat. i'm not necessarily completely against the idea of bail reform either, but i definitely am when it comes to violent crimes. and the sequence of events above where basically the accused's mother is negotiating bail with a judge like she is trying to get a discount on her satellite radio bill is disgusting.

sorry mom, you son will have a chance to prove his innocence but if you don't have money for his bail then tough s***. maybe he shouldn't have found himself in that position to begin with
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sea Speed
AG
People should be picketing outside that sip judges house
Diggity
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Colleen was in my section at law school and someone I've counted as a good friend even though we've lost touch over the years. She's smart even for a sip and a liberal. And a good person.

I was initially supportive when she announced her candidacy after getting run off by Ogg. I then learned she was primarying an incumbent Democrat because he wasn't all in on this new concept called "bail reform".

Then while campaigning, her social media turned very TDS…constantly dunking on Trump, deriding Republicans and social conservatives in ways I thought unbecoming of Facebook, but especially for a judicial candidate. I wasn't the biggest Trump fan, but it didn't sit well with me that a criminal court candidate was using rhetoric that might undermine the appearance of fairness should they end up presiding over the trial of any member of one half of the citizenry.

I haven't followed her work on the bench closely, so she may be shining above the rest. But after the disaster that has been bail reform, I'm ready that that idea and any of its remaining adherents to be out of office.
did you guys call her "gummy"?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
sts7049 said:

White lib women are the absolute worst.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sea Speed said:

People should be picketing outside that sip judges house

At a minimum.
TarponChaser
Daddy-O5 said:

She thinks an LTC class = gun training.

And the CNN piece mentions LEO getting firearms training but, anecdotally from a buddy who was a Ranger and then a shooting instructor for Blackwater, the ranking of the best shooters was generally:
- Special operations military (ie- SEALS, Special Forces, Rangers, etc)
- specialized civilian units (FBI Hostage Rescue Team)
- civilian hobbyists (people who shoot competitively for fun)
- regular military
- LEO
- everybody else

Basically, members of Special Forces (used generically to cover all of the branches) shoot thousands of rounds per week and are the best of the best when it comes to shooting. The specialized civilian outfits are next.

Then, civilians who shoot a lot. Because it's their passion so they can generally spend lots of time and money on training and range time.

Regular military actually has minimal range time once they're out of basic. I was surprised by this.

LEO, once out of training hardly shoots at all except for annual proficiency exams.
Sea Speed
AG
Is ole Colleen here any relation to the galveston gaidos?
Diggity
AG
Sea Speed said:

Is ole Colleen here any relation to the galveston gaidos?
She went to Clear Lake HS, so that would be my assumption
Sea Speed
AG
Then she should take her trash bag philosophy down 45 and ruin the gd island

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.