Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,640 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BBRex said:

Quote:

This, policy is the ONLY thing that matters. Also, it's kind of in our national political DNA to NOT be classy.

In their heated 1800 campaign against each other, Thomas Jefferson said this about John Adams:

Quote:

Quote:
"he is a hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman."

In return, John Adams responded by calling TJ:

Quote:

Quote:
"a mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father."

Back then, those were insults. Today that's what you read in a candidate's bio.

That is...hilarious and pretty true.
Smeghead4761
rilloaggie said:

txags92 said:

StillNotAnAggie said:

Apparently you can shut this thread down. Harris County reported all crimes this year are down a collective 12%. So no need for this thread any more. I'm sure those numbers aren't very cherry picked or anything before the election.
Easy way to make "reported crimes" go down? Stop responding to the reports. Eventually the victims will stop reporting them. Voila! Reported crimes go down.

Exactly. That or you fudge reports. That's what happened when my truck got broken into in SA. I've got a dashcam video of the thief breaking into my truck, damaged door and grill, but because I was responsible and emptied the things out of my cab nothing got stolen. According to SAPD, that was just criminal mischief, not a car burglary.
They're wrong, because BMV only requires INTENT to commit theft or another felony, not that anything be actually taken. They'll probably fall back on "we can't prove intent unless the bad guy admits it," but if there's any evidence at all that they were looking for something to steal (i.e., glove compartment or console opened up) or signs of an attempt to hotwire it, it should be BMV.

Heck, the damage probably cost enough to repair (if it's >$750) that it would be a Class A misdemeanor, same as BMV. (>$2500 gets a state jail felony) But BMV is a tracked crime on the FBI Uniform Crime Report, IIRC. I know Criminal Mischief isn't.

So, yeah, their guidance from on high probably is "If nothing was taken, we can't prove intent, so it's not BMV."

Next time tell them that the turd(s) took the change from the cupholder.
rilloaggie
AG
Yeah when I first posted about this on the auto board I contemplated buying a hi-point, filling the barrel with JB weld, and leaving it in the console. Surely they'd do the paperwork to call it BMV if a gun was stolen!
txags92
AG
rilloaggie said:

Yeah when I first posted about this on the auto board I contemplated buying a hi-point, filling the barrel with JB weld, and leaving it in the console. Surely they'd do the paperwork to call it BMV if a gun was stolen!
And when some punk tried to shoot it and got killed, they would come for you and sue you for his death. Silly I know, but that is the state of our judicial system these days.
12Power
Dude would have probably scratched the serial number off. No trace back to owner.
Buying_time
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

Apparently you can shut this thread down. Harris County reported all crimes this year are down a collective 12%. So no need for this thread any more. I'm sure those numbers aren't very cherry picked or anything before the election.

Dora and her team are cherry picking numbers using her 2021 banner year where she had really high numbers. To report in an honest, transparent manner, they should have gone back to 2018 as the baseline year. If they would have done that - hands down her programs and policies have failed miserably.
Smeghead4761
txags92 said:

rilloaggie said:

And when some punk tried to shoot it and got killed, they would come for you and sue you for his death. Silly I know, but that is the state of our judicial system these days.
Fill it from the chamber end so it won't even chamber a round.

And even if it's non-functional, theft of a firearm is still a state jail felony.
Sea Speed
AG
Just heard a radio ad of a Democrat woman whose mom was murdered by a violent criminal out on bond urging people to vote out all Democrat judges.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Just heard a radio ad of a Democrat woman whose mom was murdered by a violent criminal out on bond urging people to vote out all Democrat judges.

So she can join her mom?
swimmerbabe11
read it again, but slower
Sea Speed
AG
Read it again. Calling to vote them out.
maroon barchetta
I did read it too quickly.
maroon barchetta
One of the more bizarre death stories recently.

Driver is giving passengers a ride home from some college homecoming event? Prairie View has homecoming tomorrow. Maybe that?

Somewhere along the way on 290, passenger starts assaulting driver. Driver pulls over. Both passengers assault driver.

Truck hits car that is pulled over and hits the two passengers. Driver is also injured somehow. Passengers both end up dead. Driver of truck also injured.

Maybe wait until you get to your destination to beat on your driver? Sadly they won't hear this advice.

https://abc13.com/highway-290-crash-at-mason-road-deadly-2-killed/12389623/
txags92
AG
Sounds like instant karma.
maroon barchetta
txags92 said:

A little bit.
Jackal99
AG
txags92 said:

It's gonna get ya.
maroon barchetta
Jackal99 said:

txags92 said:

It's gonna get ya.

Heard that song today. It's true!
maroon barchetta
West Bellfort. Real surprise.

https://abc13.com/2-people-shot-shipleys-donuts-1-person-dead-injured/12396148/
Ciboag96
tEcHnIcAl IsSuEs

12thMan9
AG
My car became a victim Friday night down on Washington. My son, home on leave, took my car down there w/his sisters & forgot to put his backpack in the trunk. Called cops & NOBODY answered the phone. Drove around looking for a cop, couldn't find 1.

FYI, parts/labor on a rear passenger Infiniti Q50 window is about $850. Ouch.
Ronnie '88
txags92
AG
12thMan9 said:

My car became a victim Friday night down on Washington. My son, home on leave, took my car down there w/his sisters & forgot to put his backpack in the trunk. Called cops & NOBODY answered the phone. Drove around looking for a cop, couldn't find 1.

FYI, parts/labor on a rear passenger Infiniti Q50 window is about $850. Ouch.
Wouldn't matter if you found or reached a cop via phone. They. Do. Not. Care. They know that anybody they happen to catch will be immediately released and will never be given any punishment. I had video of the guy who stole my catalytic converter and his car, and I couldn't even get a return phone call to be able to give it to anybody. Crime against you and your vehicles does not hurt the elite who live in river oaks and fund democrat campaigns, so it is going to get zero attention from the police.
TX04Aggie
AG
Sounds like he just got the normal "welcome (back) to Houston" treatment. People from out of town that come in for work, when we head to drinks or dinner, laugh at first when we tell them to bring their backpack or bag in…. Then they see everyone at bar with their backpack or laptop bag and they are like wow, everyone does this here.
Ciboag96
W
AG
tonight Paula Zahn's show featured the Tomball garage sale murder from 3 years ago --- where the shooting and getaway vehicle were captured on video.

still unsolved
Smeghead4761
Ciboag96 said:

tEcHnIcAl IsSuEs

The "technical issue" being that there's an election next week, and the numbers make the incumbents look really bad.
Smeghead4761
Ciboag96 said:

I'm looking at that graph, and it looks like the trend was a more or less consistent line as far as the overall rate (# of homicides per 100,000 population).

Until 2020.

I'd be real interested to see 2020 broken down by month. I'll bet you see a big jump, starting right after the Burn Loot Murder crowd started their thing.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Good to see things haven't changed in my old hood.
maroon barchetta
Smeghead4761 said:

Ciboag96 said:

I'm looking at that graph, and it looks like the trend was a more or less consistent line as far as the overall rate (# of homicides per 100,000 population).

Until 2020.

I'd be real interested to see 2020 broken down by month. I'll bet you see a big jump, starting right after the Burn Loot Murder crowd started their thing.

Leave the peaceful protests out of this.
Sea Speed
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

maroon barchetta said:

Good to see things haven't changed in my old hood.

I spent years hanging in the hood behind that Shipleys
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

FYI, parts/labor on a rear passenger Infiniti Q50 window is about $850.
Are there flakes of gold in it?
swimmerbabe11
I need to replace the windshield wiper fluid reservoir on my jeep. 600 bucks in parts and labor. the reservoir supposedly 400.
RK
AG
for $400 i'll ride around with you with a spray bottle of windex.
CDUB98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I need to replace the windshield wiper fluid reservoir on my jeep. 600 bucks in parts and labor. the reservoir supposedly 400.

www.rockauto.com

And, if you're not marrying a beta male, labor should be free.
maroon barchetta
CDUB98 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

www.rockauto.com

And, if you're not marrying a beta male, labor should be free.

Yeah. I was about to look at Rock Auto.

This sounds like Just Empty Every Pocket.
CDUB98
AG
If I knew the year, make, model, I would have looked it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.