Houston
Sponsored by

******CITY UNDER SIEGE 2022*****

334,646 Views | 2650 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
SlackerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The robber was flattened like a paper license plate.
htownag10
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Here's to happy endings

Quote:

A suspect accused of trying to rob a man in a gas station parking lot was run over by a woman trying to escape the bullets flying from a shootout, police said.

It happened Thursday just after 3 p.m. in the 3900 block of Fondren.

Houston police said the robbery victim met up with someone to exchange something and as he was talking to that person, the robber snuck up from behind and attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

The robbery victim was able to get a gun from his vehicle and shot at the robbery suspect who returned fire, police said.

As the shootout continued between the two, a woman, scared for her life, tried leaving the gas station parking lot and ran over the robbery suspect, police said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/robber-killed-run-over-fondren-parking-lot-houston-police/285-ef861932-021f-437a-b147-24c34ff0001c

Oh I may or may not have access to the security footage and she gets a silver medal. Dude got popped in the head first and then she ran over him 3 seconds later.
maroon barchetta
htownag10 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Here's to happy endings

Quote:

A suspect accused of trying to rob a man in a gas station parking lot was run over by a woman trying to escape the bullets flying from a shootout, police said.

It happened Thursday just after 3 p.m. in the 3900 block of Fondren.

Houston police said the robbery victim met up with someone to exchange something and as he was talking to that person, the robber snuck up from behind and attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

The robbery victim was able to get a gun from his vehicle and shot at the robbery suspect who returned fire, police said.

As the shootout continued between the two, a woman, scared for her life, tried leaving the gas station parking lot and ran over the robbery suspect, police said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/robber-killed-run-over-fondren-parking-lot-houston-police/285-ef861932-021f-437a-b147-24c34ff0001c

Oh I may or may not have access to the security footage and she gets a silver medal. Dude got popped in the head first and then she ran over him 3 seconds later.

She's done more to address the crime problem in the county than Cheel, Dora, Ogg, or the Magic judges.
htownag10
AG
Also true. She needs a key to the city
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Houston is just a ****hole now.
maroon barchetta
"It's not clear if the woman will face any charges."

She better not. They should have a parade for her.

https://abc13.com/shooting-gulf-freeway-man-killed-near-dixie-farm-road-webster-deadly-woman-shoots-to-death/11911589/
Sea Speed
AG
If the video shows him getting popped in the head first what are they going to charge her with, desecration of a corpse?
maroon barchetta
Mayor Cheel says that crime murders are definitely down and the new Safe Houston Now program or whatever it's called is totally working.

RBF Brooke Taylor says "Let's take a closer look at the data". Turns out the response times kinda suck.

I like Brooke.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-homicide-rate-one-safe-homicides-in-this-year/11913800/
CDUB98
AG
Mayor Cheel is all kinds of celebrating over reducing the murder rate by a whole....checks notes, 5 people, YoY.

Damned clowns running this city.
htxag09
AG
CDUB98 said:

Mayor Cheel is all kinds of celebrating over reducing the murder rate by a whole....checks notes, 5 people, YoY.

And the benchmark is a record year. How about we compare to 2020?
CDUB98
AG
htxag09 said:

CDUB98 said:

And the benchmark is a record year. How about we compare to 2020?

Actually, compare it to 2019 before the STHF.
txags92
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Mayor Cheel says that crime murders are definitely down and the new Safe Houston Now program or whatever it's called is totally working.

RBF Brooke Taylor says "Let's take a closer look at the data". Turns out the response times kinda suck.

I like Brooke.

https://abc13.com/houston-crime-homicide-rate-one-safe-homicides-in-this-year/11913800/
I have always wondered when you see those kind of stats after the year we had in 2021, how much of the drop is real and how much is that people simply stop reporting crimes because law enforcement and the judicial system have shown they will do nothing about it?
CDUB98
AG
txags92 said:

maroon barchetta said:

I like Brooke.

I have always wondered when you see those kind of stats after the year we had in 2021, how much of the drop is real and how much is that people simply stop reporting crimes because law enforcement and the judicial system have shown they will do nothing about it?

Blue parachute.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
If yall want to do some data analysis, I went down this rabbit hole last week.

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/us/tx/houston/murder-homicide-rate-statistics

Quote:

Interactive chart of the Houston, Texas murder rate (i.e. the number of homicides per 100,000 population) from 1999 to 2018.
  • The Houston TX murder/homicide rate for 2018 was 11.77 per 100,000 population, a 2.35% increase from 2017.
  • The Houston TX murder/homicide rate for 2017 was 11.5 per 100,000 population, a 10.78% decline from 2016.
  • The Houston TX murder/homicide rate for 2016 was 12.89 per 100,000 population, a 3.23% decline from 2015.
  • The Houston TX murder/homicide rate for 2015 was 13.32 per 100,000 population, a 22.2% increase from 2014.

Stat Monitor Repairman

Crosstimbers.

People getting shot at the taco truck.
MAROON
AG
doubt that is random.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Ciboag96
Just another day in paradise

Sea Speed
AG
Anyone know where user chimpanzee disappeared to?
BohunkAg
AG
Any of y'all going to this?

maroon barchetta
In Toyota Center????

This seems like a good use of taxpayer dollars.

WAIT!!! What about COVID cases being on the rise!!!??? Has Dora approved this gathering?
maroon barchetta
"Dear God in Heaven,

Please help free our ummm sister from the unfair imprisonment by this archaic nation. How was Britney to know that it was against the law to smuggle hashish oil into a country known for being very strict on everything?

It's not her fault. Free her at last. Free her at last."

[/SheJack and Cheel]
randy828
AG
BohunkAg said:

What is the over/under on shootings at/around this event?
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
CDUB98
AG
Griner is definitely not a man, nope. Not with that Adam's apple and receding hair line.
maroon barchetta
K Bo
AG
Will the concession stands be open?
NASAg03

https://notthebee.com/article/texas-woman-shoots-stalker-in-the-chest-after-he-kicked-down-her-door
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
maroon barchetta
Marvin_Zindler
AG
BohunkAg said:

Russia can keep her.
sts7049
AG
you should hope as a US citizen she gets freed. i guess you've never made stupid mistakes in your life.
swimmerbabe11
I still think it was planted on her.
YellAg2004
AG
sts7049 said:

you should hope as a US citizen she gets freed. i guess you've never made stupid mistakes in your life.
I have never traveled to a foreign country that has a strained (at best) relationship with the US while carrying drugs that are illegal in both the US and the destination country.
Sea Speed
AG
Changing lanes without a blinker or speeding through a small town and getting a ticket or maybe forgetting to pay for something in the bottom of your shopping cart and walking out of the grocery store are stupid mistakes. Taking drugs to a foreign country is juuuuuuust a touch beyond a simple stupid mistake. Assuming it wasn't planted on her, as the previous poster noted.
TulaneAg
Too harsh. She's a us citizen caught in the middle of a political game. I'm 50/50 whether she actually had the hash oil on her or it was planted. But ultimately doesn't matter either way.. Her situation is what it is at this point.

I'm empathetic for her but you can't be trading criminals for pseudo-celebrities... Otherwise you've made it open season on high profile Americans around the world. Same reason we have a stated policy against negotiating with terrorists (I understand our actions sometimes counter that policy).

I've traveled the world but have never had any inkling to visit Russia or Moscow because of this type of thing right here. Somebody points at you and calls you a spy and you're done... Their logic and morals are so far removed from our idea of fairness and justice that I could never be comfortable walking the streets in that environment.
BohunkAg
AG
sts7049 said:

I'm not going to debate whether she should be held or not, but for those three to be holding a prayer rally at Toyota Center for her with everything else going on is pandering at best.
maroon barchetta
BohunkAg said:

sts7049 said:

I'm not going to debate whether she should be held or not, but for those three to be holding a prayer rally at Toyota Center for her with everything else going on is pandering at best.

Pandering is how they are in office to begin with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.