*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,433 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
Im Gipper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who are the people being held without bail that were just peacefully protesting? Is there a list of names?

I'm Gipper
Carolin_Gallego
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

why is this whataboutism always brought up. let me say it in plain English: BOTH THE BLM RIOTS AND JANUARY 6 WERE BAD.
Yeah, but there aren't any hearings to investigate how Dem politicians encouraged and financially supported the rioters. Remember that little thing? January 6th was nothing compared to the Summer of '20 riots that Dems supported... not even remotely close
Illegally trying to takeover the U.S. executive is a big deal.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Im Gipper
Oh stop!

These rioters were never any threat to anything. They are mostly a rag tag bunch of losers that accomplished nothing other than a criminal record.

Trump trying to subvert the rule of law to stay in power also failed massively. His fake elector plan was rejected by everyone that mattered.

I'm Gipper
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
I'd like to know how many people actually tuned in to watch this. Are those numbers out yet?
BAP Enthusiast

Embarrassing lol. Says that people would rather watch anything else.

To put that in perspective, recently a VTuber did a stream where she played WWE 2k22 and made a bunch of silly create-a-character versions of other VTubers and at one point there were something like 110,000 people watching it live.

Literally no one cares at all except the media.
peacedude
AG
TChaney said:

January 6 showed us one thing.

The people running this country are just a bunch of ****ing cowards.

They would throw all of us to the wolves without a second thought.

Is that Pelosi in the red hiding from the long-skulled Peruvian alien (aka SJLee)?

Carolin_Gallego
Im Gipper said:

Oh stop!

These rioters were never any threat to anything. They are mostly a rag tag bunch of losers that accomplished nothing other than a criminal record.

Trump trying to subvert the rule of law to stay in power also failed massively. His fake elector plan was rejected by everyone that mattered.

There was some threat. I'm glad you acknowledge Trump's concerted effort to break the law.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
backintexas2013
AG
Anyone lying about police dying? A couple of people got banned for it but people still like to repeat that lie.
Im Gipper
Quote:

There was some threat.
No, there really was not.

At least try to be truthful about what happened. Those wackos did not come remotely close to accomplishing anything.

I'm Gipper
Pookers
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

There was some threat.

At least try to be truthful about what happened. Those wackos did not come remotely close to accomplishing anything.
Half of said wackos were feds and or fed assets.
1872walker
When does the May 2020 investigation fire up?

aggie93
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Im Gipper said:

Oh stop!

There was some threat. I'm glad you acknowledge Trump's concerted effort to break the law.

K. So maybe you can explain to me how this is what these folks who actually got through did?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Illegally trying to takeover the U.S. executive is a big deal.
What a buffoonish statement. The "US executive" was was never remotely in danger from unarmed rioters. Do you honestly believe that somehow they could have taken over the gov't by simply being in the capitol? You can't be that stupid.
1872walker
Pookers said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

There was some threat.

Half of said wackos were feds and or fed assets.

The fact that Ray Epps was memory holed tells me all I need to know about that day.

Bucketrunner
Ratings for this are horrible. I refuse to watch any of it live or any news reports about it. Pretty sure I'm in the majority.
Carolin_Gallego
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

There was some threat.

So, if we are being truthful, you believe the rioters yelling "Hang Mike Pence!", and which came within 60 feet of the VP, they were not a threat and didn't come remotely close to accomplishing anything?

Im Gipper
60 feet??

Oh no!!

The horror!!

I'm Gipper
barbacoa taco
AG
What's crazy is that back on 1/6/21, pretty much everyone (other than complete lunatics) saw what was happening and was like "whoa, things have gone too far." But now that a year and half has passed and Trump has had time to make excuses, all of these people now laugh and scoff at people who still think 1/6 was a bad thing.

They point to the most innocent of the rioters, those who were just standing in the halls, but ignore the most violent. And of course, ignore the intent of the entire demonstration. Mental gymnastics.

Yes, I know, the BLM riots were also bad.
1872walker
Never mind
deddog
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Im Gipper said:

Oh stop!

How many firearms were seized?
How many did the insurrectionists kill?
What did they burn?
How much of the damage was from FBI agents?

This was, like, the most incompetent "insurrection" ever.
But maybe it seems bad to delusional folks who've been sheltered and comfortable their whole life.
Proc92
larry culpepper said:

What's crazy is that back on 1/6/21, pretty much everyone (other than complete lunatics) saw what was happening and was like "whoa, things have gone too far." But now that a year and half has passed and Trump has had time to make excuses, all of these people now laugh and scoff at people who still think 1/6 was a bad thing.

They point to the most innocent of the rioters, those who were just standing in the halls, but ignore the most violent. And of course, ignore the intent of the entire demonstration. Mental gymnastics.

I thought then and now that it was stupid set back for the maga movement. But I also am glad that people gathered to protest what everyone knows was a crap election rife with cheating. We need more protesting of the status quo, just got to keep it under control. Although, injecting a little fear into dc by the populace is a good thing, too.
Sims
AG
larry culpepper said:

Their scoffing is a proportionate reaction to absolute hysterics and political theater the libs have created.

If everyone was dealing in reality, we could all accept:

• Most protestors were peaceful
  • There was violence and the book should be thrown at those people
  • The only person killed as a result of the violence was a protestor.
  • Trump could have done more to de-escalate but did not play a role in encouraging or organizing violence.
  • Pelosi could have done more to secure the capital but is not complicit in violence that resulted.
  • The January 6th commission is pure politics.
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
Carolin_Gallego
Im Gipper said:

60 feet??

Oh no!!

The horror!!
They almost got Pence out of the Capitol, which was the goal, so the election would not be certified for Biden.
peacedude
AG
Remember, Jake the horn wearing tattooed guy was NOT on Ray Epps team of 1/5-1/6 thugs, nor was he one of the Azov Battalion nazis the left brought in to try and fool people into thinking *they* were Trump supporters.

The left have as many legs to stand on here as the chick bitten in half during the Jaws opening (meaning they're legless).
aggiehawg
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Im Gipper said:

60 feet??

Oh no!!

The horror!!
They almost got Pence out of the Capitol, which was the goal, so the election would not be certified for Biden.
If Pence was unavailable for whatever reason, Grassley takes over. Nothing has to stop.

The only way it would stop is if enough Senators and House members fled the scene and there was no quorum to continue the Joint Session.
Fenrir
Sims said:

larry culpepper said:

Their scoffing is a proportionate reaction to absolute hysterics and political theater the libs have created.

If everyone was dealing in reality, we could all accept:

• Most protestors were peaceful
  • There was violence and the book should be thrown at those people
  • The only person killed as a result of the violence was a protestor.
  • Trump could have probably done more to de-escalate but did not play a role in encouraging or organizing violence.
  • Pelosi could have done more to secure the capital but is not complicit in violence that resulted.
  • The January 6th commission is pure politics.
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

It's not even a proportional response. Kamala compared it to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor for **** sake.
Malibu
Anyone want to respond why it took Trump more than an hour to do anything productive to try to stop it?
aggiehawg
AG
Malibu2 said:

Anyone want to respond why it took Trump more than an hour to do anything productive to try to stop it?
Considering it started while he was still speaking and he didn't know?
Malibu
aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

The Kraken will be released any day now.

So your official timeline of events is:

0:00 Riots start
1:00 Trump learns of riots and takes immediate action to quell.

Seems legit.
Carolin_Gallego
aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

How about, considering he was in the White House watching it on TV and was doing nothing to stop it.
MouthBQ98
AG
Trump does not run the police or national guard. He had no authority to act.

The security for the house was the responsibility of capitol police and DC police, so Nancy Pelosi, the sargeant at arms, and the DC mayor and police chief.

They ALL previously declined his offer for help, and there is no way in hell the president can just send in any military or federal police in on his own order into the congressional building.

Proc92
Seems like trump's request for 20k guardsmen was rejected by congress and the city a few days before. Why? The intelligence given to all warned of a unruly protest. Why was the precautionary presence denied?
MouthBQ98
AG
He had no authority to do so. If he did, he could easily be accused of trying to use federal police or the military against congress himself. That would have been getting himself baited into a far worse circumstance.

The people with actual legal authority to provide security utterly failed.
barbacoa taco
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

How about, considering he was in the White House watching it on TV and was doing nothing to stop it.
He was rooting for them.
peacedude
AG
Malibu2 said:

Nance & Co declined 20K nat guardsmen, so what are you taking about?

Milley, Austin and Pence were also in on the coup, so whom did Trump have on his side that day?

I sure hope you like digging, because all of those links are here on TA in the threads around that timeframe not called q. All prove it was a coup organized by the left, with Milley very much the muscle behind Epps and the Azov Battalion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.