*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,457 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would say that the idiots that believe suck a dick ford should never be shown again.
etxag02
I didn't equate the two. htfsik how you are doing it.
Maroon Dawn
AG
etxag02 said:

I didn't equate the two. htfsik how you are doing it.

So in your mind they're completely (D)ifferent?

How so?

Please explain it to us because for SOME reason, no lefty will answer this question
captkirk
AG
1872walker
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I guess we believe this guy now?
Maroon Dawn
AG
CM Trump Voter said:

I guess we believe this guy now?

Was Trump responsible for J6th in your mind?
Watermelon Man
Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

We are asking a question that cuts to the very core of the issue YOU raised

So please answer it

Maybe a repost of whatever the question is/was would make for more entertainment reading this beat down soap opera.

I'd love to:

Quote:

Is storming the Capital and cornering members of Congress in elevators and bathrooms to threaten them as part of an illegal attempt to try and to stop a legitimate government proceeding an act of sedition when it's purpose is to overthrow the free and fair election of a government official vital to this governments function?

He's saying he can't answer this question

For some reason
Seeing that this is an obvious "GOTCHA!" I don't fault anyone for not answering without knowing what your ulterior motives are. As it has been revealed that you were talking about the Kavanaugh hearings, I'll take the bait.

No, that was not sedition. Sedition is not the act of storming the Capitol (and you are so correct to compare what happened at the Kavanaugh hearings as to the assault made on Jan 6, exactly the same) in an attempt to subvert the US Constitution. Sedition is direct action, either speech or organization, intended to incite rebellion against authority.

It would be pretty easy to show that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers engaged in sedition against the US Constitution (and by extension, the US Government). In fact, considering the tweets, the comments Loser Donny made during his Jan 6 speech, and his complicity in the organization of the Jan 6 rally, Trump could be shown to be seditious as well. Enough to impeach him. I don't think anybody denies that the reason for the rally was an attempt to stop the counting of the electoral votes.

Maroon Dawn
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

Maybe a repost of whatever the question is/was would make for more entertainment reading this beat down soap opera.

I'd love to:

Quote:

Is storming the Capital and cornering members of Congress in elevators and bathrooms to threaten them as part of an illegal attempt to try and to stop a legitimate government proceeding an act of sedition when it's purpose is to overthrow the free and fair election of a government official vital to this governments function?

For some reason
Seeing that this is an obvious "GOTCHA!" I don't fault anyone for not answering without knowing what your ulterior motives are. As it has been revealed that you were talking about the Kavanaugh hearings, I'll take the bait.

No, that was not sedition. Sedition is not the act of storming the Capitol (and you are so correct to compare what happened at the Kavanaugh hearings as to the assault made on Jan 6, exactly the same) in an attempt to subvert the US Constitution. Sedition is direct action, either speech or organization, intended to incite rebellion against authority.

It would be pretty easy to show that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers engaged in sedition against the US Constitution (and by extension, the US Government). In fact, considering the tweets, the comments Loser Donny made during his Jan 6 speech, and his complicity in the organization of the Jan 6 rally, Trump could be shown to be seditious as well. Enough to impeach him. I don't think anybody denies that the reason for the rally was an attempt to stop the counting of the electoral votes.

So just to clarify

Planning and then Illegally attempting to stop the installation of an elected and vital government official in a process spelled out in the Constitution is NOT sedition when Democrats do it because…reasons?

I mean that sounds like trying to subvert the Constitution to me

Is it Because it's (D)ifferent?

Please explain how it's (D)ifferent since apparently it's sometimes okay to try and subvert authority, the Constitution and the Will of the People when things are (D)ifferent

Be very specific and cite examples please because so far none of you leftys have been willing to explain to us how it's (D)ifferent
Watermelon Man
Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

I'd love to:

Quote:

For some reason

So just to clarify

Planning and then Illegally attempting to stop the installation of an elected and vital government official in a process spelled out in the Constitution is NOT sedition when Democrats do it because…reasons?

Please explain how it's (D)ifferent since apparently it's sometimes okay to try and subvert authority, the Constitution and the Will of the People when things are (D)ifferent

Be very specific and cite examples please because so far none of you leftys have been willing to explain to us how it's (D)ifferent
Moving goalposts again.

It's not sedition because it's not sedition. I didn't say it was OK to subvert authority. All I said was subverting authority is not sedition.

Get a dictionary and find out what sedition is before you respond. It will make you look smarter.
ProgN
Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

I'd love to:

Quote:

For some reason

So just to clarify

Moving goalposts again.

It's not sedition because it's not sedition. I didn't say it was OK to subvert authority. All I said was subverting authority is not sedition.

Get a dictionary and find out what sedition is before you respond. It will make you look smarter.
What about attacking federal buildings and setting up an autonomous zone and establishing an area that declared their own laws in a US city?
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Hahaha there is no way you know what sedition is if you can go after someone with those statements and ignore everything pelosi, schumer, clinton, antifa, blm, obama, maxine, nadler, pencil neck, fbi, basically every Democrat who voted for impeachment based on fabricated lies (now know to everyone as lies) etc has done for four plus years

What a clown

Maroon Dawn
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

I'd love to:

Quote:

For some reason

So just to clarify

Moving goalposts again.

Your EXACT words

Quote:

Sedition is direct action, either speech or organization, intended to incite rebellion against authority.

By your own definition how does threatening congressmen and illegally attempting to overthrow the legal and constitutional installment of a duly elected and vital government official not meet your own definition

Explain the (D)ifference

You all keep saying it's (D)ifferent but none of you ever will explain HOW it's (D)ifferent

Watermelon Man
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Hahaha there is no way you know what sedition is if you can go after someone with those statements and ignore everything pelosi, schumer, clinton, antifa, blm, obama, maxine, nadler, pencil neck, fbi, basically every Democrat who voted for impeachment based on fabricated lies (now know to everyone as lies) etc has done for four plus years

What a clown

Are you trying to claim that failing to support the US Constitution is just fine and dandy if someone else has ever disagreed with your opinions (lies)?

Base you opinions on fact and in their own context. What someone else does does not make the evil you do OK.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Negative, that's what you are claiming and many are calling you out on it melon man. You claim to "know" seditious behavior yet ignore blatant seditious behavior, this why you continue to be asked.

It's (D)ifferent right? Just own it, that's ok.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

Are you trying to claim that failing to support the US Constitution is just fine and dandy if someone else has ever disagreed with your opinions (lies)?

Base you opinions on fact and in their own context. What someone else does does not make the evil you do OK.

You're the one claiming the Constitution doesn't matter when Dems try to subvert it

But that's (D)ifferent isn't it?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

It would be pretty easy to show that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers engaged in sedition against the US Constitution (and by extension, the US Government). In fact, considering the tweets, the comments Loser Donny made during his Jan 6 speech, and his complicity in the organization of the Jan 6 rally, Trump could be shown to be seditious as well.

So....hundreds of people have been convicted of sedition, I take it?
Maroon Dawn
AG
So to sum up all of today:

Leftist Goalie: (deep breathing and hand wringing) January 6th was sedition!!!!!"

Normal people: "Okay but then doesn't that make the assault on the Kavanaugh Confirmation sedition too by your own definition?"

Leftist Goalie: "NOOO!! That was (D)ifferent!!!"

Normal people: "How?"

Leftist Goalie: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! (Disappears)
Watermelon Man
Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

You're the one claiming the Constitution doesn't matter when Dems try to subvert it

Please show where I claimed the Constitution doesn't matter when Dems try o subvert it.

You can't.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

Please show where I claimed the Constitution doesn't matter when Dems try o subvert it.

You can't.

Your EXACT words

Quote:

Sedition is direct action, either speech or organization, intended to incite rebellion against authority.

By your own definition how does threatening congressmen and illegally attempting to overthrow the legal and constitutional installment of a duly elected and vital government official not meet your own definition

Explain the (D)ifference

You all keep saying it's (D)ifferent but none of you ever will explain HOW it's (D)ifferent
Watermelon Man
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It would be pretty easy to show that the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers engaged in sedition against the US Constitution (and by extension, the US Government). In fact, considering the tweets, the comments Loser Donny made during his Jan 6 speech, and his complicity in the organization of the Jan 6 rally, Trump could be shown to be seditious as well.

So....hundreds of people have been convicted of sedition, I take it?
How did you draw that conclusion?

As far as I know, only three Oath Keepers have plead guilty to sedition. The implication is that they will likely give testimony that will either get others to plea out or be tried.

But, it is still early. Hundreds of people? I don't know where you get that number (well, I have a pretty good guess, but I don't want to go there).

Watermelon Man
Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

You can't.

Your EXACT words

Quote:

Explain the (D)ifference

Sedition is encouraging or enabling others to rebel.

Like I said, read a book.
CanyonAg77
AG
Pretty sure nobody has plead guilty to sedition.

My point was that there were hundreds of people there, on camera, in the Capitol. It's been 18 months. Surely there must be hundreds of convictions by now, if it's such a clear cut case of sedition.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

You can't.

Your EXACT words

Quote:

Explain the (D)ifference

But actual actions of rebellion?

How about those? Are those treason instead?

What semantics would you like to make?
Watermelon Man
CanyonAg77 said:

Pretty sure nobody has plead guilty to sedition.

My point was that there were hundreds of people there, on camera, in the Capitol. It's been 18 months. Surely there must be hundreds of convictions by now, if it's such a clear cut case of sedition.
https://www.voanews.com/a/oath-keepers-member-pleads-guilty-to-sedition-in-us-capitol-attack/6557430.html
Watermelon Man
Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Watermelon Man said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What a clown

You can't.

Your EXACT words

Quote:

Explain the (D)ifference

But actual actions of rebellion?

How about those? Are those treason instead?

What semantics would you like to make?
Well, if you are going to just make words mean whatever you want them to mean, I might as well be talking nonsense with Lewis Carroll.

Otherwise, rebellion is not necessarily a crime. It is just opposition to authority. Now, if you rebel against one who has legal authority over you, you could get into legal trouble.

Treason is pretty narrowly defined in the US Constitution. Read it, sometime. You might fine it enlightening.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Somebody planned the Kavanaugh assault and encouraged others to participate in it expressly in order to revolt against the legal authority of the peoples representatives in order to overthrow him from being installed

Sounds like it meets your definition again

Buuuuuut

Let me guess:

It's STILL (D)ifferent

speck
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

speck said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

They cut that clip early; I'd bet $100 the rioters protected her and helped her get to her feet after they cut away. (I am 90% confident).
Yeah. They gave her a traumatic brain injury in their rush to hug her and get her to autograph their blue lives matters shirt.
Well I was right:

Two guys did protect her and made sure she got up okay.
That's your takeaway from that clip?!? SpreadsheetAg, you're better than that.
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg
AG
And a grift. Their staffers are making way more money than regular House staff.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Alan Dershowitz: It was unethical. Why was it unethical? Take for example President Trump's speech on January 6th. I opposed that speech. I don't think it was done well. I don't think he should have done it. But he said at the end of the speech he wanted people to show their voices patriotically and peacefully. They doctored the tape! They edited those words out. If a prosecutor ever did that they'd be disbarred! You can't present part of the tape and deliberately omit the rest of the tape in order to mislead the audience. Especially when the other side has no opportunity to cross-examine. And has no opportunity to put on its own evidence. There is a special obligation not to cheat! Not to defraud the viewers. That's exactly what they did… And Donald Trump committed no crimes.
Video at Link
BusterAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Alan Dershowitz: It was unethical. Why was it unethical? Take for example President Trump's speech on January 6th. I opposed that speech. I don't think it was done well. I don't think he should have done it. But he said at the end of the speech he wanted people to show their voices patriotically and peacefully. They doctored the tape! They edited those words out. If a prosecutor ever did that they'd be disbarred! You can't present part of the tape and deliberately omit the rest of the tape in order to mislead the audience. Especially when the other side has no opportunity to cross-examine. And has no opportunity to put on its own evidence. There is a special obligation not to cheat! Not to defraud the viewers. That's exactly what they did… And Donald Trump committed no crimes.
Video at Link

I respect Dershowitz, but he's no GOP cheerleader. Great that he was willing to speak truth.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
aggiehawg
AG
He was also heavily critical of the methods employed by Team Mueller.
Clob94
Carolin_Gallego said:

Are you going to harass me too if I don't comply with the demand?
Ugh.

Just stop. You won't answer his question because it's loaded and if you do it makes you look like a hypocrit which we all are already well aware of that fact.

Look, I asked you a question and you just vanished into thin air.

We get it. You're soft and you see what happened as a near overthrow of our government. And now that you know it truly wasn't, you simply want to do everything possible to keep Trump or one of his like minded type, out of office.

But let me let you in on a very real and very scary little secret:

The clown show that showed up Jan 6 in DC was just that, a clown show. The truly organized people-- folks that have some or are highly trained-- motivated-- armed to the teeth-- well prepared and have a streak of ruthlessness in them-- they are warming up in the bullpen. Keep cheering on a government that is leading us down this path of societal destruction and I can assure you with 100% certainty, you will bear witness to their action.

I say "action" because it won't be a series of events. It will be one. And it will be swift, and brutal, and punishing. Jefferson used the term "throw off" to describe the duty of citizens that are usurped by this government.

Throw off, indeed.
Gigem314
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Video at Link
No surprise there.

Just like their simpleton "good people on both sides" narrative when he clearly denounced the white supremacists but the media cut that part out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.