*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,489 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
RAB91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
barbacoa taco
AG
Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Trump throwing food against the wall in a rage, crazy.
He threw food! This changes everything!

Hard hitting evidence the committee is providing here. This time they really got him!
focusing on the least important part of today's hearings is certainly one way to downplay everything.
As opposed to pretending like they've had more than enough evidence to convict Trump of various crimes for years but can't do anything just yet...until at least after the next commercial break...
they can and should prosecute him. i'm irritated it's taking this long.

I understand you liked Trump and his policies but I think you just need to come to terms with the fact that he's a complete ****ing lunatic.

Prosecute him for what, exactly?
Election fraud, among other things

You know, that thing he accuses the Democrats of doing all the time.
Rockdoc
AG
Carolin I hope you're recording all the hearing shows. Pretty soon all you're gonna have is the reruns.
barbacoa taco
AG
tremble said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Hard hitting evidence the committee is providing here. This time they really got him!
focusing on the least important part of today's hearings is certainly one way to downplay everything.
As opposed to pretending like they've had more than enough evidence to convict Trump of various crimes for years but can't do anything just yet...until at least after the next commercial break...

I understand you liked Trump and his policies but I think you just need to come to terms with the fact that he's a complete ****ing lunatic.

At some point they just need to rip the bandaid off and do it. No idea what they're waiting on but it just makes them look feckless to sit around.
Merrick Garland sucks.
LMCane
Trump believed Mike Pence deserved "chants to be hung"

Mike Pence is so much a better human being and better conservative than Trump.

and yet Trump had no problem with Americans chanting "hang Mike Pence" or bringing weapons to the Capitol.

the guy is an embarrassment to every conservative.

would Ronald Reagan ever even think to do what Trump did on 6 January?!?!
Rockdoc
AG
larry culpepper said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

When are they gonna do this Larry? (Desantis wanted me to ask).
Tramp96
larry culpepper said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Election fraud? Seriously? Project much?
barbacoa taco
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

funny meme. whatever copium you need to make yourself better for supporting, and continuing to support, a completely deranged lunatic with no respect for the laws of the United States.
FriscoKid
AG
larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Poor Larry is gonna be disappointed when he realizes this is like an HBO special.
But wait...there's more! Season 2 is coming! Make sure you renew your subscription!
whatever copium you need to act like any of this **** is normal or acceptable
It's not normal. It's never happened before. The House has never had a committee hearing where the minority party didn't get to appoint their own members. We've also never hada trial where the defense wasn't allowed to present evidence or question the witnesses.

You should feel bad that you believe this is anything close to the truth or what actually happened on Jan 6th. Stop with the pearl clutching. You are watching a production with very limited truths.
LMCane
RAB91 said:

Posobiec is a huge conservative and formerly a Trump guy

if he has turned (which he has from that post proving Trump is either lying or incorrect about being in the Beast at the Rally)

then that is VERY bad news for Donald.
LMCane
FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Poor Larry is gonna be disappointed when he realizes this is like an HBO special.
But wait...there's more! Season 2 is coming! Make sure you renew your subscription!
It's not normal. It's never happened before. The House have never had a committee hearing where the minority party didn't get to appoint their own members. We've also never hada trial where the defense wasn't allowed to present evidence or question the witnesses.

You should feel bad that you believe this is anything close to the truth or what actually happened on Jan 6th. Stop with the pearl clutching. You are watching a production with very limited truths.

sorry bro- but it was Trump and McCarthy who decided not to put on a defense in this "trial"
Tramp96
larry culpepper said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

funny meme. whatever copium you need to make yourself better for supporting, and continuing to support, a completely deranged lunatic with no respect for the laws of the United States.

Biden, Pelosi, Shumer? All of the above?
Stat Monitor Repairman
LMCane
Tramp96 said:

LMCane said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

inciting a riot?
extortion?

Nope. Try again.

And if you think Trump is guilty of inciting a riot, then I hope you are applying AT LEAST that same criteria to Shumer, Warren, AOC, Waters, etc. for their recent rhetoric.

Asking the Georgia SoS to make sure every vote is counted is not extortion.

I ABSOLUTELY believe Warren and Waters should be charged with incitement
and Schumer for threatening SCOTUS
Tramp96
larry culpepper said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

And do you even know what election fraud is? How did Trump commit election fraud? Did he vote twice? Did he bring a bag of mail-in ballots to a polling station? Did he falsify his voter registration card?
Rockdoc
AG
LMCane said:

Tramp96 said:

LMCane said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

inciting a riot?
extortion?

Nope. Try again.

And if you think Trump is guilty of inciting a riot, then I hope you are applying AT LEAST that same criteria to Shumer, Warren, AOC, Waters, etc. for their recent rhetoric.

Asking the Georgia SoS to make sure every vote is counted is not extortion.

I ABSOLUTELY believe Warren and Waters should be charged with incitement
and Schumer for threatening SCOTUS

Lol you're pretty bold in saying that.
Gap
AG
LMCane said:

Posobiec is a huge conservative and formerly a Trump guy. if he has turned (which he has from that post proving Trump is either lying or incorrect about being in the Beast at the Rally). then that is VERY bad news for Donald.
Why am I supposed to care?
FriscoKid
AG
LMCane said:

FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

It's not normal. It's never happened before. The House have never had a committee hearing where the minority party didn't get to appoint their own members. We've also never hada trial where the defense wasn't allowed to present evidence or question the witnesses.

sorry bro- but it was Trump and McCarthy who decided not to put on a defense in this "trial"
Another lie. Pelosi wouldn't let most Republican House members on the committee. The minority party gets to pick who they want on select committees and that didn't happen in this case. You are pushing a false narrative just like big media.
Rapier108
LMCane said:

FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

Wrong. Pelosi wouldn't seat the people McCarthy wanted on the committee because she knew they wouldn't go along with the Soviet show trial.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
IslanderAg04
RAB91 said:

So will the key witness be prosecuted for lieing to congress? Nope, it's (D)ifferent.
Phatbob
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Bunk Moreland said:

BuddysBud said:

aginlakeway said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

They why aren't they prosecuting him?

They prefer to persecute him. It gets better ratings.

It's all a show trial and it's completely 1-sided. I would attempt to have an open mind if they actually released to the public all the info from the depositions, etc and didn't so heavily edit the videos of him speaking etc.

Trump acted like an absolute buffoon on the days leading up to and including J6. Regardless of what he thought with the results of the election he came across as irrational and childish, and ultimately proved he lacks what it takes to be a good President by the continued poor choices
in who he chose to hire/believe/coordinate with in people like Powell, Rudy, Lin Wood etc.

That said, this is still just a ridiculous show trial worthy of maybe 5 minutes a day to check in on just to get a laugh in at Liz Cheney. Nothing more, nothing less.

• President Trump engaged in a massive effort to knowingly spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him after his staff investigated the claims and had consistently told him his assertions were false.
  • President Trump then corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.
  • President Trump then corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law, and that his lawyer, Eastman, admitted were illegal.
  • President Trump then corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.
  • President Trump then instructed his legal team and other Trump associates to have Republicans create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.
  • President Trump then summoned and assembled a mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power, knowing they were armed (see today's testimony).
  • As the violence was underway, President Trump not only ignored multiple pleas for assistance, and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence, and failed instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol, but he targeted the U.S. Vice President.

LOL, you phrased things to sound as bad as you could possibly phrase it, and still nothing in there would last a half hour in court. There is NOTHING THERE. Trump is not likeable, but also STOP OBSESSING OVER HIM. There was nothing illegal in any of those things, even though you spin it as badly as it can sound.
Carolin_Gallego
LMCane said:

FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

McCarthy demanded people involved with President in the events leading up to and on January 6th (like Jim Jordan) to be on the committee.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Bunk Moreland
IslanderAg04 said:

RAB91 said:

So will the key witness be prosecuted for lieing to congress? Nope, it's (D)ifferent.

I didn't see the testimony...did she specifically say they were in the limo, or was that just speculated on by the Twitterati that was gleefully watching?

If he was in a SUV and not the Beast limo then it adds more credibility to her claim imo. Sitting in the back of the limo wouldn't make sense.
MouthBQ98
AG
Meh. Democrats lie to themselves.
Then they lie to each other.
Then they lie to you.

Ignore them, they're lying.
IslanderAg04
LMCane said:

RAB91 said:

if he has turned (which he has from that post proving Trump is either lying or incorrect about being in the Beast at the Rally)

Stop being triggered, evidence is evidence, no matter what side it comes from.
RAB91
LMCane said:

RAB91 said:

I think you missed the point. She claimed he was in the Beast.
Rockdoc
AG
You don't care what he was in, you just want to believe it.
EKUAg
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

LMCane said:

FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

McCarthy demanded people involved with President in the events leading up to and on January 6th (like Jim Jordan) to be on the committee.

But after the refusal others could have been added before Meadows decided not to nominate anyone else.
Rapier108
Carolin_Gallego said:

LMCane said:

FriscoKid said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tramp96 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

That's not the way it works, Keef.

The minority has the right to select its members, and Pelosi would only accept people like Cheney who would go along with the farce.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RAB91
Quote:

According to Hutchinson, Secret Service agent Bobby Engel halted an "irate" Trump's attempt to steer the Beast toward the Capitol to join the throng marching from near the White House, where Trump had addressed a large crowd at the Ellipse to claim the election was "stolen" from him.

Hutchinson testified that immediately after returning to the West Wing from Trump's speech, White House deputy chief of staff for operations Tony Ornato told her about a clash inside the Beast involving Engel and Trump.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/28/trump-tried-to-drive-himself-to-capitol-on-jan-6-cassidy-hutchinson/
Bunk Moreland
Believe what? That he grabbed at a steering wheel? I don't care whether he did or didn't. It makes no difference as to anything in this show trial.
Carolin_Gallego
Phatbob said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Bunk Moreland said:

BuddysBud said:

aginlakeway said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

They why aren't they prosecuting him?

They prefer to persecute him. It gets better ratings.

It's all a show trial and it's completely 1-sided. I would attempt to have an open mind if they actually released to the public all the info from the depositions, etc and didn't so heavily edit the videos of him speaking etc.

Trump acted like an absolute buffoon on the days leading up to and including J6. Regardless of what he thought with the results of the election he came across as irrational and childish, and ultimately proved he lacks what it takes to be a good President by the continued poor choices
in who he chose to hire/believe/coordinate with in people like Powell, Rudy, Lin Wood etc.

That said, this is still just a ridiculous show trial worthy of maybe 5 minutes a day to check in on just to get a laugh in at Liz Cheney. Nothing more, nothing less.

• President Trump engaged in a massive effort to knowingly spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him after his staff investigated the claims and had consistently told him his assertions were false.
  • President Trump then corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.
  • President Trump then corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law, and that his lawyer, Eastman, admitted were illegal.
  • President Trump then corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.
  • President Trump then instructed his legal team and other Trump associates to have Republicans create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.
  • President Trump then summoned and assembled a mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power, knowing they were armed (see today's testimony).
  • As the violence was underway, President Trump not only ignored multiple pleas for assistance, and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence, and failed instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol, but he targeted the U.S. Vice President.

LOL, you phrased things to sound as bad as you could possibly phrase it, and still nothing in there would last a half hour in court. There is NOTHING THERE. Trump is not likeable, but also STOP OBSESSING OVER HIM. There was nothing illegal in any of those things, even though you spin it as badly as it can sound.
Trump's own lawyer admitted that their actions were illegal (as seen in Greg Jacob's testimony).
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Rockdoc
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Believe what? That he grabbed at a steering wheel? I don't care whether he did or didn't. It makes no difference as to anything in this show trial.

You said it added more credibility to her claim. Read your own post. There's no credibility there.
Aggies2009
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

larry culpepper said:

Gigem314 said:

GMaster0 said:

LMAO!

Accurate.
aginlakeway
AG
So when will the prosecution of Trump being?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.