*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,439 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
Malibu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Trump asked the Georgia Secretary of State to find 11k votes and that bad things might happen if he doesn't. I just don't get how some of you view what he did after the election as a total nothing burger and totally above board.
Were you an adult paying attention to what a sitting Vice President did in Florida in 2000?
They're not the same thing. In one case, a sitting Vice President asked for a hand recount of Florida. SCOTUS effectively ran the clock out on that one, and life went on. Using the courts to clarify election procedures and prosecute crimes is completely fair play.

Asking a SOS to literally find votes is criminal.
aginlakeway
AG
Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Trump asked the Georgia Secretary of State to find 11k votes and that bad things might happen if he doesn't. I just don't get how some of you view what he did after the election as a total nothing burger and totally above board.
Were you an adult paying attention to what a sitting Vice President did in Florida in 2000?
They're not the same thing. In one case, a sitting Vice President asked for a hand recount of Florida. SCOTUS effectively ran the clock out on that one, and life went on. Using the courts to clarify election procedures and prosecute crimes is completely fair play.

So when is the trial? What's the delay?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
1872walker
Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

I'm guessing Trump will be arrested any day then?
aggiehawg
AG
Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

From that answer I'm guessing you weren't either an adult or were not paying attention.
Malibu
aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

A grand jury has been convened in Georgia for specifically this question. Trump has the right for due process and for the gears of justice to grind.
Malibu
aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

From that answer I'm guessing you weren't either an adult or were not paying attention.
Since you were a grown woman and were paying close attention, why not educate me with facts and rebuttals? Emoticons are lazy hand waves.
Gigem314
AG
1872walker said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

#AnyDayNow
Artorias
AG
Gigem314 said:

1872walker said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

#AnyDayNow
#WallsClosingIn
Jmiller
SO

Much trolling.

[Edited by staff. Don't do that again.]
Rockdoc
AG
Good luck to you
barbacoa taco
AG
1872walker said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Literally every response to the GA SOS vote-finding stuff is mocking comments and jokes. Not one actual rebuttal or reasoned explanation why Trump's actions were legal/acceptable.

just because you mock us doesn't mean you're right. I think you know what Trump did was wrong but you're willing to give him a pass because, well, he's Trump and you're on his side.
barbacoa taco
AG
aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

When's Hillary Clinton's trial? What's the delay?
Malibu
While whataboutism does go both ways, I don't think it's a great argument. If Hillary, Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden are corrupt, they should be criminally and impartially prosecuted.
aginlakeway
AG
larry culpepper said:

aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

When's Hillary Clinton's trial? What's the delay?

How is that related to my on-topic question? Nice thread derail.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Gigem314
AG
Malibu2 said:

aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

A grand jury has been convened in Georgia for specifically this question. Trump has the right for due process and for the gears of justice to grind.
Grind? Or...grift? Because the Democrats have been saying the 'gears of justice' were going to convict Trump for almost 7 years...and yet all they seem to do is dangle just enough to get campaign donations and votes.
Rockdoc
AG
Malibu2 said:

While whataboutism does go both ways, I don't think it's a great argument. If Hillary, Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden are corrupt, they should be criminally and impartially prosecuted.

They are corrupt. They won't be prosecuted. You're all safe.
barbacoa taco
AG
Malibu2 said:

My point with the whataboutism is lakeway consistently makes these "gotcha" comments about Trump not yet being arrested or indicted, implying it means they have nothing on him. when in reality Trump is masterful at avoiding legal consequences for his actions, something that predated his presidency by years.

I'm fine with the Bidens and Clintons being prosecuted, btw. I dont care for any of them.
Malibu
Why are you avoiding answering the question of whether or not Trump's conduct on the call with the Georgia Secretary of State is above board?

I have been asked why he isn't being prosecuted, and my response was that the legal process of a grand jury is already under way.
Jmiller
He could be making the argument that rich and/or powerful people are above the law in these United States of America, and he would not be wrong.
barbacoa taco
AG
Jmiller said:

He could be making the argument that rich and/or powerful people are above the law in these United States of America, and he would not be wrong.
Right. None of the Clintons or Bidens will ever see the inside of a jail cell. While Trump might be prosecuted, he wont see a jail cell either.
Malibu
Rockdoc said:

Malibu2 said:

They are corrupt. They won't be prosecuted. You're all safe.
This is a fairly flippant comment that I think is unworthy. If Joe Biden is a criminal he shouldn't be President. If Hunter Biden had corrupt business deals he should go to jail. And if Joe Biden abetted or benefited from said deals he should also go to jail. I think there is a story there and the NYT, WAPO, et al are absconding their duty by not reporting on it more.

With that said, since I'm not playing favorites with team Blue, I'm not going to extend the courtesy to team Red when Trump asks the Georgia Secretary of State to find votes for him.
Gigem314
AG
larry culpepper said:

when in reality Trump is masterful at avoiding legal consequences for his actions, something that predated his presidency by years.
The mental gymnastics of partisan politics is so entertaining.

So we're to believe that Trump is this erratic maniac who tries to grab the steering wheel, throws food against the wall, hires horrible people, and makes erratic legal decisions in pursuing election fraud...while at the same time he's this criminal genius that's "masterful" at using the legal system and finding good people to avoid being convicted of crimes where there's supposedly all this mountain of evidence yet no one can actually prove anything.

Sure. Makes perfect sense.
Gigem314
AG
Malibu2 said:

Why are you avoiding answering the question of whether or not Trump's conduct on the call with the Georgia Secretary of State is above board?

I have been asked why he isn't being prosecuted, and my response was that the legal process of a grand jury is already under way.
I'm not avoiding anything. You might want to go back and re-read your posts because you never posed a question about that, certainly not to me.

But why are you so offended that I'm not buying into the notion that what happened in Georgia is "finally gonna get him!" after we've seen time and time and time again that the accusations made against him are more out of political spite that lead to nothing?

So this one's gonna stick? Finally?

I'll believe it when I see it.
Jmiller
You think Hillary is a mastermind? Probably not. You think she's guilty as sin? Probably yes.

Republicans have been after that woman for decades.
Gigem314
AG
Jmiller said:

You think Hillary is a mastermind? Probably not. You think she's guilty as sin? Probably yes.
Hillary is good at using the establishment to protect her interests and do what she wants.

Trump's had the entire DC establishment from both sides against him for 7 years with no one to protect him...and yet none of these accusations actually lead to him being convicted of anything.

But we're to believe he's erratic and crazy but a criminal mastermind?

LOL
Malibu
You are literally avoiding the question. I asked, was Trump's behavior above board? I would like your opinion on specifically that question. The audio is out there for all of us to listen to so we're not speculating about what Trump did or didn't say.
4stringAg
AG
Burdizzo said:

I am still trying to figure out the end game here. Are they that scared Trump will run again? Will they throw him in jail like we did with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell while other criminals like Hunter Biden roam freely?

For all the impeachment hearings and false claims against Trump in the past, why do they keep going after him and why do they struggle so to get some hardcore evidence that isn't second hand bull***** Vinkman, What's-her-name the staffer, Blase-Ford, they keep fabricating crap.

What can't you Democrats find some real evidence?
Their end goal is three fold:

• At minimum, they want to end Trump politically (which may be a mistake considering Desantis might be more electable than Trump in 2024)
  • In their wet dreams, they want him criminally liable for something and they want Garland to have the DOJ bring some kind of charge. Who knows what that is.
  • As a side benefit, they get to put this kangaroo court circus on knowing the media will lap it up and distract from the complete and utter failure of brain dead Biden and dumbass Kamala.
Jmiller
Gigem314 said:

Jmiller said:

Hillary is good at using the establishment to protect her interests and do what she wants.

Trump's had the entire DC establishment from both sides against him for 7 years with no one to protect him...and yet none of these accusations actually lead to him being convicted of anything.

But we're to believe he's erratic and crazy but a criminal mastermind?

LOL
ROFL A complete disconnect with reality here. Almost every Republican in Congress is protecting him. We have them on the record. They voted not to convict.
J. Walter Weatherman
Gigem314 said:

Malibu2 said:

aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Grind? Or...grift? Because the Democrats have been saying the 'gears of justice' were going to convict Trump for almost 7 years...and yet all they seem to do is dangle just enough to get campaign donations and votes.

Given that Trump has grifted millions of dollars from idiots on his fake stolen election claims, the irony of this statement is off the charts.
barbacoa taco
AG
You talk like someone who just learned who Trump was when he first ran for office. I dont care about the steering wheel/throwing food allegations. Trump is known to regularly break the law and engage in unethical activity and yes, he's smart enough to do what he can to avoid consequences. This isn't exactly breaking news. It's common knowledge that again, predated his presidency.

And yes, it's fully possible to be both insane and smart. In fact, it's common.
Aggies2009
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Gigem314 said:

Malibu2 said:

aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Given that Trump has grifted millions of dollars from idiots on his fake stolen election claims, the irony of this statement is off the charts.

You and your ilk bought the BLM founder like 6 mansions in white neighborhoods. This is a bold card for you to play.
Malibu
So, he's right and BLM grifted people too?
Gigem314
AG
Malibu2 said:

You are literally avoiding the question. I asked, was Trump's behavior above board? I would like your opinion on specifically that question. The audio is out there for all of us to listen to so we're not speculating about what Trump did or didn't say.
Come on, Malibu. You're smarter than this. There was literally no question to avoid. Here is the exchange I replied to:

Malibu2 said:

aginlakeway said:

Malibu2 said:

aggiehawg said:

Malibu2 said:

Where was your question there to me? None. There wasn't even a question. It was simply you posturing about what's happening in Georgia.

The only person avoiding a question in this exchange is you, Malibu. First aginlakeaway's question and then mine.

I simply asked if this was a 'grind', or a 'grift' like all the other accusations in the past have seemed to be. It seems that my question offended you.
fka ftc
I think its funny how you commies say things "Trump is well known to have broken all laws" then adjacently say "IF Hillary or IF Biden or IF Hunter ever did anything wrong then they should go to jail and the media should cover it".

Your language clearly indicates a total bias and lack of any basis in reality outside of Orange Man Known Bad Man and Old Senile Racist Crook should only be held accountable IF indisputable evidence is presented and IF media covers it then maybe / should be held some sort of vague accountable.
Gigem314
AG
larry culpepper said:

You talk like someone who just learned who Trump was when he first ran for office. I dont care about the steering wheel/throwing food allegations. Trump is known to regularly break the law and engage in unethical activity and yes, he's smart enough to do what he can to avoid consequences. This isn't exactly breaking news. It's common knowledge that again, predated his presidency.

And yes, it's fully possible to be both insane and smart. In fact, it's common.
So everyone else that's gone up against him to prove these numerous 'injustices' are simply incompetent? They can't get it done? Trump is all powerful?

So when do they break through and finally prove something?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.