*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,425 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
Tramp96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carolin_Gallego said:

1872walker said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Why? She didn't want Joe Biden to become President? So silly.

Biden was already declared the winner.

The event has allowed the Democrats to bang their Orange Man Bad drum non stop. Now they have a prime time TV show devoted to it.

Did she/Democrats have anything to gain by what happened on January 6? Yes or no. Have they tried to use that day as a political sledgehammer when the general public wants them to address actual problems they face today? Yes or no?
Take a second and talk out that thought of yours. (And we can skip the problem that Capitol security is controlled by The Capitol Police Board, not Pelosi. And that there is no record of the request being sent to Pelosi's office. )

You're saying Pelosi, knowing an attack is likely, refused additional security at a crucial event needed to transfer the power of the Presidency over to her party, to help Democrats? Very silly.

Wow, you are willfully ignoring other recent posts on both of these.

1. Capitol police asked for permission from the Sgt. @ Arms to accept Trump's NG offer. They were denied the permission to accept. The Sgt @ Arms for the House reports directly to Pelosi. So she is culpable for at least 50% of the blame.

2. Like another poster above stated, it was an automatic response from her to deny any offer from Trump of any kind. She doesn't think this stuff through. Maybe she didn't think it was needed.
1872walker
Carolin_Gallego said:

1872walker said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Biden was already declared the winner.

The event has allowed the Democrats to bang their Orange Man Bad drum non stop. Now they have a prime time TV show devoted to it.

Did she/Democrats have anything to gain by what happened on January 6? Yes or no. Have they tried to use that day as a political sledgehammer when the general public wants them to address actual problems they face today? Yes or no?
Take a second and talk out that thought of yours. (And we can skip the problem that Capitol security is controlled by The Capitol Police Board, not Pelosi. And that there is no record of the request being sent to Pelosi's office. )

You're saying Pelosi, knowing an attack is likely, refused additional security at a crucial event needed to transfer the power of the Presidency over to her party, to help Democrats? Very silly.

For the very large majority (aside from the dude with zip ties), it wasn't an attack. It was an unruly mob that got out of control and are now being used as political pawns to further an agenda.
geoag58
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

So the argument implies Pelosi was in on Trump's plot on January 6th to disrupt the certification of the election for Joe Biden. This is a very silly argument.

No, nancy wanted the appearance of a riot and told those tasked with providing security to not prepare and from video evidence we have all seen were told to act as tour guides.
Carolin_Gallego
Steven A. Sund, then-U.S. Capitol Police chief, Paul D. Irving, then-House sergeant-at-arms, and Michael C. Stenger, then-Senate sergeant-at-arms, have all testified before Congress about the events of Jan. 6, and none of them insinuated that they were prevented from calling the National Guard by congressional leadership.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Tramp96
I admit I haven't watched a minute of this farce hearing.

Has there been a genuine attempt to ask the Capitol Police why they held the door open for the protestors to enter, and even directed them where to go?

Because if not, then this sham trial is an even bigger sham than I thought it was.
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

Steven A. Sund, then-U.S. Capitol Police chief, Paul D. Irving, then-House sergeant-at-arms, and Michael C. Stenger, then-Senate sergeant-at-arms, have all testified before Congress about the events of Jan. 6, and none of them insinuated that they were prevented from calling the National Guard by congressional leadership.

So? Ultimately who does the House S@A report to?

I'm a director. I have a large staff under me, some report directly to me, some report up through another management level. I guarantee you that a decision of this magnitude would be run by me, and even if it wasn't, the decisions of my staff are still ultimately my responsibility.
We fixed the keg
AG
Crazy watching what is being considered as "facts" and how those are even surrounded with wild accusations and hyperbole.

One fact which should be clear is, if the National Guard was deployed on January 6th, there is an almost 0% chance anyone not supposed to be in the Capitol building would have been there. So, whoever made that choice is a party at fault here.

Since the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms (Michael Stenger), the House Sergeant-at-Arms (Paul Irving, and the Capitol Police Chief (Steven Sund) own that responsibility, they either failed to properly prepare and are at fault, or they requested help, were denied, and then Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell are at fault.

With regards to the "armed protester" crap, it is hyperbole abound. I read an article a couple of weeks ago (Newsweek I believe). From the article, about 800 people have been charged. Of those 85 were charged with either having a "dangerous or deadly" weapon or causing "bodily injury" to an officer. Only 12 of those were charged with firearm offenses. This means, of the 85, 73 didn't have guns, they had clubs, wood, possibly knives, etc. Hell, even one of those 12, the **** was in his car about a half a mile away....and he was 72 at the time.

Another charged was an off-duty DEA agent. No chance that guy, who is authorized to carry a weapon in most cases didn't realize/think his authorization to carry doesn't count on Capitol grounds even though he is a federal agent?

The best was an article which played up one individual found with a "110 round drum" for a rifle with 275 rounds of ammunition to load it.....but wait for it......the rifle was a .22 and the article mentioned the drum wasn't loaded and found on a bus. For those that don't know how insane playing that up is, you have obviously never had to load .22 ammunition into a 10 round magazine. Loading and reloading 110 rounds into a magazine (1) would take a quite a bit time, and (2) would make you question your choice in weapons.

FINALLY, tldr, if there were even a single person brandishing an AR-15, AK-47, .308, 30-30, etc. and there were a picture, it would have been on every news show, EVERY time an MSM story was about January 6th. The fact this is not the case, should confirm, it just didn't happen.
Carolin_Gallego
Tourist and tour guides? That's that narrative you are going with?

We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Carolin_Gallego
Quote:

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

https://www.uscp.gov/the-department/oversight

Pelosi was not a chair or administrator of any committee supervising the Capitol Police at the time of the insurrection. She's not listed on any of those committees' websites today, either.
We fixed the keg
AG
Inspects pictures for "assault rifles".....tear gas and flash bang? deployed by protesters or police? 2 second looping .gif cannot prove or disprove.
captkirk
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

These ****ers just burned a day promotion heresay like it was a slam dunk. All while hand picking members adversarial to the accused. (On which note - what's the actual criminal code(s) being alleged to have been violated?)

The only evidence that is clear at this point is that the Ringmasters are Unamerican.
It's amazing that Meadow's personal secretary would be the adversary of the accused, wouldn't you say?

eta: A little background info on her.
Quote:

While in college Hutchinson interned for Republican Senator Ted Cruz and Republican US House of Representatives whip Steve Scalise.[11][12][13] In the summer of 2018, she served as an intern and later an employee in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.[11]

In March 2020 when Mark Meadows became Trump's fourth chief of staff, he plucked her from Legislative Affairs to serve as one of his aides, which she did through the end of the Trump presidency. She was described as a close confidante of Meadows.[14] Identified as a "White House legislative aide," Hutchinson was the subject of a nationally-syndicated AP photograph in which she was shown dancing to the song "Y.M.C.A." alongside White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany at the end of Trump's 21 September 2020 campaign rally in Swanton, Ohio.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassidy_Hutchinson

She's a proven liar, so I don't care about her background
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

Quote:

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

Pelosi was not a chair or administrator of any committee supervising the Capitol Police at the time of the insurrection. She's not listed on any of those committees' websites today, either.

Uh, Sparky, you may want to reread your post above. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. That's general appropriations and oversight, mostly budgetary and resource allocation.

As I've already posted, this news story outlines exactly how the chain of command went. USCP had to ask for permission from SGT @ Arms to have NG on premises. SGT @ Arms denied permission. SGT @ Arms for House reports directly to Pelosi.

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-admin-was-ready-to-deploy-national-guard-on-jan-6-capitol-police-timeline-shows-january-donald

I'm done. You are not acting in good faith in any of your responses.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Maybe she didn't think it was needed.
For a joint session of Congress with both the sitting and incoming VP present?

That's supposed to be a low security event? Really? Who cares what Pelosi thought or believed, the professionals at CHP should have formed and executed their own plans and precautions, coordinating with DC Metro and NG on standby if needed.
Rockdoc
AG
You're wrong. Pelosi didn't call in guard like Trump wanted.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

You hadn't figured this out over the last ten or so years? You're arguing with the equivalent of a bot.
Clown Baby
Carolin_Gallego said:

Quote:

You are really, really disingenuous.
geoag58
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Tourist and tour guides? That's that narrative you are going with?

Now show the shaman and his attendants being shown the inner chambers. That looked like tourists on a tour to me, hardly an insurrection.
Carolin_Gallego
Tramp96 said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Quote:

Uh, Sparky, you may want to reread your post above. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. That's general appropriations and oversight, mostly budgetary and resource allocation.

As I've already posted, this news story outlines exactly how the chain of command went. USCP had to ask for permission from SGT @ Arms to have NG on premises. SGT @ Arms denied permission. SGT @ Arms for House reports directly to Pelosi.

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-admin-was-ready-to-deploy-national-guard-on-jan-6-capitol-police-timeline-shows-january-donald

Name-calling.. Yeah, sounds like you are done.

What you fail to understand: The Capitol Police Board oversees the Capitol Police

While a member of this board, the House sergeant-at-arms, does report to Pelosi, there's no indication that Pelosi prevented this official from accepting National Guard support. Furthermore, another member of the board, the Senate sergeant-at-arms, reports to the leading Republican member of the Senate, Mitch McConnell. There's no evidence that McConnell prevented this official from calling for support either.
Rockdoc
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Tramp96 said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Quote:

What you fail to understand: The Capitol Police Board oversees the Capitol Police

While a member of this board, the House sergeant-at-arms, does report to Pelosi, there's no indication that Pelosi prevented this official from accepting National Guard support. Furthermore, another member of the board, the Senate sergeant-at-arms, reports to the leading Republican member of the Senate, Mitch McConnell. There's no evidence that McConnell prevented this official from calling for support either.

More lies.
captkirk
AG
Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Why should we ever believe a single white liberal on anything ever again?

This is a serious and genuine question for Malibu and other white liberals and CM's on here. What gives you any sort of good will or legitimacy and why should we take a single thing you say seriously in the future?

Are you embarrassed? My guess is that some of you won't even revisit this thread...like y'all always do, you'll just pretend it never happened. Real men own up to being wrong, or fooled. They can even bring themselves to apologize. But white liberals are simply not real men.
Haha, the original lunged at Secret Service thread got deleted and i went back to work, and lived the rest of my life offline yesterday. If she perjured herself her testimony is a sham and she should go to jail. I dont particularly care what this board thinks about me, its a place to waste time and one of the few places thats outside of my normal liberal bubble.

Of note though is what else she said in her testimony that if Secret Service are deposed will they shoot down:
1. POTUS knew crowd was armed when he said march to Capitol
2. Whether he asked to go to the Capitol in Beast

Asking GA SOS to find the votes is damning enough. That an enraged Trump didnt assault security isnt germane to whether he tried to illegally overturn an election.

#1 is a false premise to begin with...the crowd wasn't armed.
There is actually police chatter naming perps with AR-15s on Jan 6th. This was relayed to POTUS
No AR 15s were recovered from the crowd. That would have been all over the news
tysker
AG
captkirk said:

Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

This is a serious and genuine question for Malibu and other white liberals and CM's on here. What gives you any sort of good will or legitimacy and why should we take a single thing you say seriously in the future?

Are you embarrassed? My guess is that some of you won't even revisit this thread...like y'all always do, you'll just pretend it never happened. Real men own up to being wrong, or fooled. They can even bring themselves to apologize. But white liberals are simply not real men.
Haha, the original lunged at Secret Service thread got deleted and i went back to work, and lived the rest of my life offline yesterday. If she perjured herself her testimony is a sham and she should go to jail. I dont particularly care what this board thinks about me, its a place to waste time and one of the few places thats outside of my normal liberal bubble.

Of note though is what else she said in her testimony that if Secret Service are deposed will they shoot down:

Asking GA SOS to find the votes is damning enough. That an enraged Trump didnt assault security isnt germane to whether he tried to illegally overturn an election.

There is actually police chatter naming perps with AR-15s on Jan 6th. This was relayed to POTUS
With all the videos and pictures out there, has one even been documented as being present?
The first weapon I have even seen captured in a photo or video is that bat in the picture above held by the guy with a gas mask and holding a riot shield. (who btw looks a lot more like agent provocateur than your typical MAGA protestor.)
Bill Clinternet
AG
Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

So you denying Trump asked Pelosi to call in national guard troops?
"Trump asked Pelosi to call in national guard troops?".

What a remarkably stupid comment.

Trump is commander in chief.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Carolin_Gallego
Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Tramp96 said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Quote:

More lies.
If you have evidence that McConnell prevented the Senate sergeant-at-arms from calling for National Guard support, put it out there.
Rockdoc
AG
Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

I see you haven't gotten any smarter.
GeorgiAg
AG
captkirk said:

Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

That's why AR15s are so dangerous. They can easily be concealed and are virtually undetectable. Highest firepower of all weapons, and easy to conceal. I have four on my person, right now.
1872walker
Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Ever heard of the Constitution? Something called the separation of powers?

Likely not, but our forefathers specifically created the separations to prevent the executive branch from sending an army to the legislative branch.
GeorgiAg
AG
more footage of wheel grabbing surface. Trump was the driver's left!

Bill Clinternet
AG
1872walker said:

Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Likely not, but our forefathers specifically created the separations to prevent the executive branch from sending an army to the legislative branch.

Except the national guard isn't the army.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Bill Clinternet
AG
1872walker said:

Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jun/13/sean-hannity/no-evidence-pelosi-rejected-trumps-authorization-2/
Rockdoc
AG
How old did you say you were?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

1872walker
Neehau said:

1872walker said:

Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

You may want to go Google who controls the national guards specific to DC and Virginia.

No need to have your mom bypass the parental controls for that search
Bill Clinternet
AG
1872walker said:

Neehau said:

1872walker said:

Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

You may want to go Google who controls the national guards specific to DC and Virginia.

District of Columbia National Guard - Wikipedia

When you are finished playing with your poo in front of the mirror trying to understand what the first sentence means let me know and we can continue the dialogue.
Carolin_Gallego
Regarding REAL Capitol security requests, there is this:

And this:
Quote:

Defense Department leaders placed unusual restrictions on the National Guard for the day of the Capitol riot and delayed sending help for hours despite an urgent plea from police for reinforcement, according to testimony Wednesday that added to the finger-pointing about the government response.

Maj. Gen. William Walker, commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, told senators that the then-chief of the Capitol Police requested military support in a "voice cracking with emotion" in a 1:49 p.m. call as rioters began pushing toward the Capitol. Walker said he immediately relayed the request to the Army but did not learn until after 5 p.m. that the Defense Department had approved it. Guard troops who had been waiting on buses were then rushed to the Capitol, arriving in 18 minutes, Walker said.

The hourslong delay cost the National Guard precious minutes in the early hours of the Jan. 6 rioting, with Walker saying he could have gotten personnel into the building within 20 minutes of getting approval. As it stood, the support did not happen until the evening. The delay also stood in contrast to the swift authorization for National Guard deployment that Walker said was granted in response to the civil unrest that roiled Washington last June as an outgrowth of racial justice protests.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542
1872walker
Neehau said:

1872walker said:

Neehau said:

1872walker said:

Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

District of Columbia National Guard - Wikipedia

Bingo! You win a prize!

Quote:

The mayor of the District of Columbia, the United States marshal for the District of Columbia, or the National Capital Service director may request the commander-in-chief to aid them in suppressing insurrection and enforcement of the law

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.