*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,453 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!
You're placing more weight on a tweet about an unnamed source than actual testimony under oath.

I'm not even taking a position here. If they are ready to testify that, then they should. Until then, we have nothing.

No issues with unnamed sources as long as they support Dear Leader.
The sources were named. Can you read?

"A source close to the secret service."
The agent was named and it was reported on MSNBC that he'd testify. If he comes out and says that report is false, you may be on to something
1872walker

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!
You're placing more weight on a tweet about an unnamed source than actual testimony under oath.

I'm not even taking a position here. If they are ready to testify that, then they should. Until then, we have nothing.

Bobby Engel, lead secret service agent.

And the SS agent who was driving.

Hardly unnamed. But you knew that.
Rockdoc
AG
This means another 2 weeks of the clown show. Don't worry Larry and Walter, they'll come up with something else.
Im Gipper
At least be fair man!
The source of the story about Engel is unknown.

I'm Gipper
J. Walter Weatherman
1872walker said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

If he comes out publicly and refutes it then great, the aide that testified today will definitely have some explaining to do. Until then this is still an unnamed source that this board loves to crap on (when it's something negative about Trump).
aginlakeway
AG
Im Gipper said:

At least be fair man!

So is the testimony today. Unknown source. She said she heard it. Who did she hear it from?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG

1872walker said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

If he comes out publicly and refutes it then great, the aide that testified today will definitely have some explaining to do. Until then this is still an unnamed source that this board loves to crap on (when it's something negative about Trump).

The aide that testified today cited unnamed sources. Didn't she?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Rockdoc
AG
aginlakeway said:

1872walker said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

Walter not happy. Plan backfired!
Im Gipper
aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

At least be fair man!

So is the testimony today. Unknown source. She said she heard it. Who did she hear it from?

Tony Ornato

She named names!

I'm Gipper
J. Walter Weatherman
aginlakeway said:

1872walker said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

She definitely named who relayed her the information.

Quote:

Tony Ornato, then-White House deputy chief of staff, told Hutchinson that Robert Engel, who was the Secret Service agent in charge on January 6, 2021, repeatedly told Trump on their way back to the White House after Trump's Ellipse speech that it wasn't safe to go to the Capitol.

According to Hutchinson, Ornato recounted Trump screaming, "I'm the ****ing President. Take me up to the Capitol now."
Trump then "reached up toward the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel," Hutchinson remembered learning. She added that, according to Ornato, Trump used his other hand to "lunge" at Engel.
Engel and Ornato have both testified to the committee behind closed doors, but their statements were not been used in Tuesday's hearing.

So there are a couple people it would be pretty easy to check with.
aginlakeway
AG
Im Gipper said:

aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

At least be fair man!

Tony Ornato

She named names!

What did she hear from him? Was that her testimony? That she heard from him that events occurred?
Im Gipper
Have you ever read about her testimony?

I'm Gipper
aginlakeway
AG

aginlakeway said:

1872walker said:

captkirk said:

larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

She definitely named who relayed her the information.

Quote:

Tony Ornato, then-White House deputy chief of staff, told Hutchinson that Robert Engel, who was the Secret Service agent in charge on January 6, 2021, repeatedly told Trump on their way back to the White House after Trump's Ellipse speech that it wasn't safe to go to the Capitol.

According to Hutchinson, Ornato recounted Trump screaming, "I'm the ****ing President. Take me up to the Capitol now."
Trump then "reached up toward the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel," Hutchinson remembered learning. She added that, according to Ornato, Trump used his other hand to "lunge" at Engel.
Engel and Ornato have both testified to the committee behind closed doors, but their statements were not been used in Tuesday's hearing.

So there are a couple people it would be pretty easy to check with.

So her testimony was that she heard this from others? Isn't that hearsay?.
aginlakeway
AG
Im Gipper said:

Yes. I don't see anything relevant that's 1st hand. What are we missing?
Im Gipper
Quote:

Answered above. What the secret service agent told her he saw would generally be hearsay. If he is "unavailable" then it may be permitted.

What she heard someone else say would possibly not be hearsay depending on what she heard and who the defendant was in the prosecution.

I'm Gipper
1872walker
Im Gipper said:

aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

At least be fair man!

Tony Ornato

She named names!

He and Engel both testified to the J6 committee. Why were they not the ones testifying in public? At the minimum, why was their testimony not entered into the record and made available to the public?
aginlakeway
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Answered above. What the secret service agent told her he saw would generally be hearsay. If he is "unavailable" then it may be permitted.

What she heard someone else say would possibly not be hearsay depending on what she heard and who the defendant was in the prosecution.

So what did she witness? And when is the prosecution?

How did Trump grab the steering wheel if he wasn't in the front seat?
Rockdoc
AG
All in all, another nothingburger. Good job idiots!
J. Walter Weatherman
aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

Correct, she was not in the car with them (nice pivot from "she used anonymous sources!!"). She is very clearly testifying to what she was told. Not sure what you're trying to argue here.
1872walker

aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

Correct, she was not in the car with them (nice pivot from "she used anonymous sources!!"). She is very clearly testifying to what she was told. Not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Then why are they pushing public testimony from someone who heard something rather than releasing the testimony they already received from those who were actually there.

Why aren't they testifying in public?

1872walker
CanyonAg77
AG
larry culpepper said:

Rockdoc said:

Awww……that's a shame.

On to the next lie libs!

Moot point.

No way in hell does the committee call them up.
Im Gipper
aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

So what did she witness? And when is the prosecution?

How did Trump grab the steering wheel if he wasn't in the front seat?
Here is her testimony: https://www.npr.org/2022/06/28/1108396692/jan-6-committee-hearing-transcript

Prosecution of Trump? Never. Others like Eastman or Clark? Possibly soon. FBI sure seems interested in them.

As for grabbing the steering wheel, who knows. As I said above, thats tabloid stuff. Unless Liz gets him to testify, that seems to be an unbelievable tale.

I'm Gipper
Bill Clinternet
AG
captkirk said:

Neehau said:

GeorgiAg said:

After he was told they had weapons, Trump told the crowd to march to the Capitol. Meadows aware people with weapons marching to the Capitol.

No evidence is enough evidence for the victims of propaganda on the political right.
This is not evidence
Captain Cognitive Dissonance much?
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
aginlakeway
AG
1872walker said:

Another report. Interesting.
aginlakeway
AG
Neehau said:

captkirk said:

Neehau said:

GeorgiAg said:

After he was told they had weapons, Trump told the crowd to march to the Capitol. Meadows aware people with weapons marching to the Capitol.

No evidence is enough evidence for the victims of propaganda on the political right.
This is not evidence

So do you think that what happened on Jan 6 was a bigger national tragedy than Katrina?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

, I dont think the J6 committee would call her to testify if they knew it would be easily refuted
You are correct. It won't be refuted because they will not call anyone who actually knows and can refute her.
Bill Clinternet
AG
aginlakeway said:

Neehau said:

captkirk said:

Neehau said:

GeorgiAg said:

This is not evidence

So do you think that what happened on Jan 6 was a bigger national tragedy than Katrina?
Different type of national tragedy. Katrina was a natural disaster. January 6th was like the Fort Sumter attack starting the Civil War.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

actual testimony under oath.
The only ones who could convict her of lying are the members of this committee, who want her to lie.

And since she's not stating facts she knows, but repeating rumor and hearsay, conviction for lying would be impossible.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Dude, Trump is no angel and if the criticism of him over the years had been somewhat even handed and not constantly full of lies and hyperbole, we might be inclined to be a bit more critical of him;

Democrats and the Main Stream Media never read The Boy Who Cried Wolf
1872walker
Neehau said:

aginlakeway said:

Neehau said:

captkirk said:

Neehau said:

GeorgiAg said:

This is not evidence

Different type of national tragedy. Katrina was a natural disaster. January 6th was like the Fort Sumter attack starting the Civil War.

Oh boy
aginlakeway
AG
Neehau said:

aginlakeway said:

Neehau said:

captkirk said:

Neehau said:

GeorgiAg said:

This is not evidence

OK ... so how many national tragedies have occurred since 9/11?

You don't think a hurricane that hits the US and causes 1800 deaths is a national tragedy? How about the BLM riots that killed hundreds and cost billions in damage?

Must people consider tragedies based on deaths, etc. And a national tragedy is one that occurs across the nation.
Ag87H2O
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

, I dont think the J6 committee would call her to testify if they knew it would be easily refuted
You are correct. It won't be refuted because they will not call anyone who actually knows and can refute her.

Try as they might to convince everyone that this is worthy of our time and tax dollars, at least it's entertaining to watch all the libs get so excersized over something only to see their fabrications get destroyed.
J. Walter Weatherman
1872walker said:

aginlakeway said:

Im Gipper said:

Then why are they pushing public testimony from someone who heard something rather than releasing the testimony they already received from those who were actually there.

Why aren't they testifying in public?

No idea, you'd probably have to ask the committee. Will certainly blow up in their faces if anyone is willing to testify it didn't happen though.
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.