*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,473 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I should have known better than to indulge your question with a precise analysis of where the issues are.

I can only assume you were not old enough to understand what was happening in Florida in 2000 and why the Supreme Court felt compelled to weigh in with their instructions to the Florida State Supreme Court, not once but twice.

Bush had better lawyers (I should know as I was grilled in a deposition for three days by one of them) and they saw what was coming and structured it to get it before the Supremes within a very tight timeline. Yes it was a three ring legal circus going on in state and federal district courts, courts of appeal, state supreme court, federal courts of appeal all at the same time but Baker had a ringmaster for each and got it done.

It was damn legal miracle, what Jim Baker accomplished. because if he hadn't pulled it off, would have been chaos with Gore presiding and tossing it to the House. Which he could have done and would have done if the Dems controlled more state delegations back then.

Election laws do not define politics but politics define election laws. Even your hero Marc Elias grasps that concept.
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

You are so forgetful. We did this song and dance.

I respond to your illogical question,
How can I answer for the actions of other people? Wouldn't that be a question for one of Donald Trump's AGs? Jeff Sessions was the AG at the time of the event. Why didn't Sessions press charges? Or perhaps one of Trump's other AGs that came after? Matthew Whitaker? William Barr?

If you find a video with one of them answering your question, I would like to see it.

Then you troll with,
Refusing to answer the question. Propagandist confirmed

Then I respond with,
No, your flawed logic was confirmed. And your extreme partisanship was confirmed when you can't even acknowledge Trump was in power at the time of the event and still want to blame other people for actions they had no control over.

Then you start repeating yourself.

Not asking you to answer for their motivations, I'm asking if you think their ACTIONS are SEDITION

it's a simple question but for some reason you continue to refuse to answer

But I'll be here pointing out your refusal to answer the simple question until you do
Carolin_Gallego
Jarrin' Jay said:

let's not lose sight of the fact that the doors were opened by Capitol staff / police and most people just strolled in like an invited guest.
That is a false narrative and the hundreds of legal convictions prove as much. The crowd on the west end of the Capitol building had already broken through the outside barriers before entering the building. Outnumbered and with the crowd uncontained, many of the police are seen standing around with the crowd inside the Capitol and trying to de-escalate.

We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Carolin_Gallego
Maroon Dawn said:

But I'll be here pointing out your refusal to answer the simple question until you do
So you are going to harass me until I comply with your demands?
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Maroon Dawn said:

You started this thread and my question is highly relevant to the topic

Why are you refusing to answer such a simple yes or no question when it pertains to Dems?

Surely it's not that you're a biased propagandist for the left who doesn't want the hypocrisy of his position called out is it?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The Democrats' effort to saturate the airwaves with its primetime January 6 show trial on Thursday yielded 19 million viewers across five networks a preliminary figure that fell short of similar blanket-coverage political events, like this year's State of the Union address, which drew 38 million viewers.

The figure beat the daytime broadcast of Robert Mueller's Russia-collusion-hoax hearing by about 6 million viewers.
And if anyone besides me recalls, there were a crap ton of Mueller Watch Parties.

Quote:

Earlier this year, President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech attracted 38.2 million viewers. The first debate between then-President Donald Trump and Biden in 2020 drew more than 73 million viewers.
Link
Dan Scott
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

let's not lose sight of the fact that the doors were opened by Capitol staff / police and most people just strolled in like an invited guest.
That is a false narrative and the hundreds of legal convictions prove as much. The crowd on the west end of the Capitol building had already broken through the outside barriers before entering the building. Outnumbered and with the crowd uncontained, many of the police are seen standing around with the crowd inside the Capitol and trying to de-escalate.

That one blonde lady cop got knocked down and you can hear somebody go "oh sheet." Some dude even tried to help her up.

These people were nothing but stupid sheep that got themselves worked up. That's the power of the mob.
Carolin_Gallego
aggiehawg said:

I should have known better than to indulge your question with a precise analysis of where the issues are.
I'm sorry. I meant no offense and appreciate your analysis, but, as you admit, it does not address the specific circumstances of January 6, 2021. What valid legal argument could Trump have used to support his demand for Mike to not certify the 2020 election? Someone posted the Eastman memo, but almost every Republican lawyer doesn't agree with that argument.
TRADUCTOR
Dan Scott said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

That one blonde lady cop got knocked down and you can hear somebody go "oh sheet." Some dude even tried to help her up.

These people were nothing but stupid sheep that got themselves worked up. That's the power of the mob.

No, that is the power of the FBI running a psyop with Democrat paid antifa.
Fenrir
Maroon Dawn said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Why are you refusing to answer such a simple yes or no question when it pertains to Dems?

Surely it's not that you're a biased propagandist for the left who doesn't want the hypocrisy of his position called out is it?
His unwillingness to respond to this question is pretty ironic considering his current signature quote.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Fenrir said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Maroon Dawn said:

His unwillingness to respond to this question is pretty ironic considering his current signature quote.

Isn't it though?

He's utterly certain that sedition was committed on J6 but hasn't any opinion, idea or thought about whether storming the Capitol to threaten congressmen to try and illegally stop the installment of a vital government official is also sedition!

It's just so odd that he thinks it's (D)ifferent depending on who does it
Carolin_Gallego
TBF Maroon Dawn is not interested in thoughtful conversation. I gave him an answer that he doesn't like so now he has decided to act like a petulant child and harass me till I play his game.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

TBF Maroon Dawn is not interested in thoughtful conversation. I gave him an answer that he doesn't like so now he has decided to act like a petulant child and harass me till I play his game.

You gave no answer at all, just a poor attempt at dodging a question you know destroys the entire premise of your position

But prove me wrong and give me a real yes or no answer
Carolin_Gallego
Like I said...not interested in thoughtful conversation. You are out to win arguments and you not that good at it imho.
Rockdoc
AG
Answer his question.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Like I said...not interested in thoughtful conversation. You are out to win arguments and you not that good at it imho.

Nobody is buying your "thoughtful conversation"

You're avoiding the question because it destroys the premise of your thread

Answer

The

Question

Carolin_Gallego
Are you going to harass me too if I don't comply with the demand?
Rockdoc
AG
I guess you can't answer. Honestly anyway.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Nobody is harassing you

We are asking a question that cuts to the very core of the issue YOU raised

So please answer it
Burdizzo
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Speaking of "dozens"

Holy crap. If we are scared our republic can fall to those people, we are woefully more fragile than anyone thinks. After the Russian army gets gone taking a beating in Ukraine, they will come here for makeup sex.
TRADUCTOR
Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

Maybe a repost of whatever the question is/was would make for more entertainment reading this beat down soap opera.
Maroon Dawn
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

Maybe a repost of whatever the question is/was would make for more entertainment reading this beat down soap opera.

I'd love to:

Quote:

Is storming the Capital and cornering members of Congress in elevators and bathrooms to threaten them as part of an illegal attempt to try and to stop a legitimate government proceeding an act of sedition when it's purpose is to overthrow the free and fair election of a government official vital to this governments function?

He's saying he can't answer this question

For some reason
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
In fairness, you're discussing Jan 6th with someone who believes this was a real coup, or siege. You simply replying on an internet board is a kin to harassment.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
speck said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

They cut that clip early; I'd bet $100 the rioters protected her and helped her get to her feet after they cut away. (I am 90% confident).
Yeah. They gave her a traumatic brain injury in their rush to hug her and get her to autograph their blue lives matters shirt.
Well I was right:

Two guys did protect her and made sure she got up okay.
1872walker
Actually he's discussing the loonies attempting to interfere with the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings and vote.

Which is why Carolin won't touch the question.
Burdizzo
AG
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

In fairness, you're discussing Jan 6th with someone who believes this was a real coup, or siege. You simply replying on an internet board is a kin to harassment.

Remember when these same people were scared of a frog cartoon?
aggiehawg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

speck said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

They cut that clip early; I'd bet $100 the rioters protected her and helped her get to her feet after they cut away. (I am 90% confident).
Yeah. They gave her a traumatic brain injury in their rush to hug her and get her to autograph their blue lives matters shirt.
Well I was right:

Also, she's trained for riot response, meaning she has a helmet, shields and other protective gear...which she is not wearing for some unknown reason. Now if this was July in DC instead of January, I could see how that gear would be very hot and uncomfortable to be wearing unless necessary.

WHO SENT THEM OUT UNPREPARED?
tysker
AG
Quote:

Well I was right:

Was one guys the backwards hat guy that 10 secs earlier was puffing his chest in front the guard? almost like he was helping his colleague up. did he forget his role?
etxag02
Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

I'd love to:

Quote:

Is storming the Capital and cornering members of Congress in elevators and bathrooms to threaten them as part of an illegal attempt to try and to stop a legitimate government proceeding an act of sedition when it's purpose is to overthrow the free and fair election of a government official vital to this governments function?

For some reason
Are you equating the events surrounding January 6th with this event?

Maroon Dawn
AG
etxag02 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

TRADUCTOR said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Nobody is harassing you

So please answer it

I'd love to:

Quote:

For some reason
Are you equating the events surrounding January 6th with this event?

In fact I am
aggiehawg
AG
etxag02
Maroon Dawn
AG
etxag02 said:

No please

Explain it to us:

Why is it (D)ifferent when Dems threaten congressmen in order to illegally overthrow the will of the people and stop the installation of a duly elected government official vital to the country?

the floor is yours, stun us with your logic

Because so far none of you are willing to answer this

For SOME reason
Proc92
I'd like to know how the efforts of Antifa and blm when they burned down the church and attacked the White House injuring well over a dozen secret service agents and causing the evacuation of the president, incited and egged on by Kamala, pelosi, and the dc mayor didn't warrant an investigation and charges of sedition against them and their democratic operative instigators.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.