*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,479 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta punish all those unarmed protestors taking selfies in Congress.
Gigem314
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Tonight's hearing is expect to include new video of events from documentary filmmaker Nick Quested.
Was this the camera footage the Capitol Police refused to make public, the footage of the security guards letting people behind the ropes, the footage of people casually walking in, or more smiling selfie images from the super secret blood-thirsty govt takeover insurrectionists?
Gigem314
AG
DD88 said:

Everyone knows the secret to violently overthrowing a government is a bunch of tourists waving flags and a guy dressed in a wolf costume.

Classic MacGruber.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

No, your flawed logic was confirmed.

ETA: And your extreme partisanship was confirmed when you can't even acknowledge Trump was in power at the time of the event and still want to blame other people for actions they had no control over.

I honestly don't know if it's even possible to insult you.
tk111
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Question OP won't answer because he's not serious about discussion and just wants to push Dem propaganda:

Where is the sedition charges (or just ANY charges) and hearings for the Leftists who stormed the Capitol during Kavanaughs confirmation, cornered and threatened congressmen in bathrooms and beat on the hearing room doors in an attempt to overthrow the election of a judge duly elected by the peoples representatives and vital to the function of our government?

Answer that or prove you're just a propagandist and your thread is a farce
How can I answer for the actions of other people? Wouldn't that be a question for one of Donald Trump's AGs? Jeff Sessions was the AG at the time of the event. Why didn't Sessions press charges? Or perhaps one of Trump's other AGs that came after? Matthew Whitaker? William Barr?

ETA: If you find a video with one of them answering your question, I would like to see it.
I'll look for one of the interviews with Barr I saw. They prosecuted hundreds of people that they could get their hands on and get evidence for.

Biggest problem - no one was willing to help the DOJ. No one pursued any of the perpetrators locally, despite obviously committing endless crimes under non-federal laws. The governance of all of these cities sat by and did nothing (IMO, ultimately hoping for an extreme militaristic response that would provide them with pictures of soldiers in the streets under "Trump's fascist dictatorship...etc"). Add to that the FBI that was getting their marching orders from way outside the White House and sat on their thumbs whenever tasked with going after anyone.

The federal govt has neither the resources nor the purview nor responsibility to police every local jurisdiction in the country.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Gigem314 said:

DD88 said:

Everyone knows the secret to violently overthrowing a government is a bunch of tourists waving flags and a guy dressed in a wolf costume.

Classic MacGruber.
You forgot the s'more schnapps.

captkirk
AG
e=mc2 said:

Not one Conservative is on this committee. All but two are Democrats. The two that aren't are liberal RINOs. It's a shame and only moronic sheep will watch.

The Committee is not legally constituted
aggiehawg
AG
After action report by US Capitol Police report is HERE

24 pages. Lots of things went wrong.
peacedude
AG
Waterboard every liberal fed employee there until they drown, or fess up.

Problem solved by this weekend.

/Guaranteed
MouthBQ98
AG
State propaganda.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Dated June 4, the report shows sweeping mistakes from the department that include delayed mobilization of specialized civil disturbance units and the dismantling of an intelligence unit that tracked threats on social media, according to the report obtained by Just the News.

The report specifically reveals the Capitol Police had received intelligence reports from agencies like the FBI warning that violence could occur on January 6. But those intelligence reports were not properly embodied into an operational plan before January 6.

"The assessment for 1/6 contained a BLUF [bottom line up front] that did not express the severity of the threat or the fact that USCP [U.S. Capitol Police] actually had knowledge of a plan in place," the report reads. "The statement that protesters may be armed was included, but it was never expressed with the urgency that they planned to overtake the Capitol and target Members of Congress."
Quote:

The intelligence failure was made worse by Pelosi's decision to disassemble the police department's intelligence unit that tracked threats on social media. The chatter on social media before January 6 might have alerted the police to the potential seriousness of the protest.

"The social media unit was immediately and essentially dismantled under the new leadership," the report said. "New office reassignments and steering away from the concepts of having subject matter experts may have contributed to the tragedy."

"Individuals with the most experience extrapolating open-source material were not tasked with reviewing social media to glean intel related to the event," the report stated.
Quote:

Former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller testified before Congress in 2021 that Donald Trump authorized National Guard Troops to secure the area around the Capitol. Just the News reported Trump wanted 20,000 troops, but Congress rejected the request.

"Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights," Miller testified Trump told him.
Link
Ag In Ok
AG
Don't care till all evidence is made public. All cameras during the event. All of them. And more depositions by those who were there.
redcrayon
AG
Why is this hearing being conducted at night?
Waffledynamics
AG
redcrayon said:

Why is this hearing being conducted at night?

They want it to be on prime time TV.
Proc92
Dnc's sweeps week.
CoppellAg93
AG
https://babylonbee.com/news/miley-cyrus-to-perform-halftime-show-at-jan-6-committee-hearings/
aggiehawg
AG
Not sure this will be a topic tonight but look for it at some point. Electoral Count Act reform.

Quote:

Another interestingly timed bit of January 6 news to coincide with tonight's primetime hearing. The Manchins and Collinses in the Senate have been huddling for months on how to reform the Electoral Count Act, the nineteenth-century law that governs how Congress should proceed when certifying the votes of the electoral college. Some reforms are no-brainers, like making it very clear in the statute that the vice president doesn't have the power to singlehandedly overturn a national election. Other reforms are trickier, like fixing the procedures for objecting to a state's electoral votes.

Currently it takes only one member of the House and Senate to force a floor debate on whether a state's votes should be accepted. That's too low in an age when grandstanders like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley are willing to do everything possible to pander to their base, up to and including forcing a constitutional crisis, because they think it might give them a leg up in the next presidential primary.
Lack of objectivity duly noted.

Quote:

The most difficult questions in ECA reform, though, have to do not with misbehavior by members of Congress on January 6 but misbehavior by state officials in certifying their state's votes.
You mean like 2020? Newsflash: Constitution gives the states exclusive rights to determine their electors.

But wait, it gets more ridiculous.

Quote:

What does Congress do if the Democratic nominee wins the popular vote in Pennsylvania in 2024 but Gov. Doug Mastriano contrives some excuse to ignore that result and sends a slate of Republican electors to cast their votes for Trump instead? Can Congress ignore Mastriano's electors? Can they force the courts to intervene? What happens if the state legislature joins the effort to ignore the popular vote?
No standing. Remember how that was used in the courts? That and the equitable defense of laches? Courts turned their backs in 2020 and refused a remedy. Not seeing how the reform of the electoral count act would change that specifically. But I digress.

Quote:

The centrists in the Senate have been hashing it out and they're close to a deal, Susan Collins told reporters yesterday. All sides reportedly agree that the VP should have only a ceremonial role on January 6 and that an objection to a state's electoral votes shouldn't be heard unless 20 percent of the House and Senate join the objection. Which is too low, I think
Too low? Author seems to think 33% is better.
Quote:

Requiring one-third of each chamber to object to force a floor debate would have been better. Maybe the negotiators will wise up to that as the bill is finalized.
Quote:

The main issue the Senate group hasn't resolved, two sources familiar with its work said, is how to address the "safe harbor" deadline the date by which states must certify their presidential election results to ensure they are counted without interference from Congress. But what if a state misses the deadline? What if it sends an "alternate slate" of electors for a losing candidate?…

The first [option] is to replace the "safe harbor" concept with a clear federal duty for the relevant state official to send timely certification to Congress under the 12th Amendment.

The second is to replace safe harbor provisions with new laws making it clear that Congress can identify the state official lawfully tasked with establishing a state's electors.

The third is to preserve the safe harbor concept and tell states that to qualify for the presumption that their submitted electors are conclusive, they must notify Congress before Election Day which official is responsible under state law for sending electors.
Quote:

ECA reform could make the "safe harbor" contingent upon a state resolving the dispute itself prior to January 6, with litigation if necessary, and submitting only the "legitimate" slate of electors to Congress. That would also prevent the scenario imagined by some in which a single rogue governor may be able to tilt an election. Currently the ECA says that if Congress receives two slates of electors from a state and the House and Senate are divided on which to accept, the governor's slate of electors wins.
And that runs afoul of the Constitution if that state authorizes the Sec of State and not the Governor. Remember Katherine Harris in Florida in 2000? Jeb was Governor at the time and had he sent a slate of electors because Harris could not due to pending court cases? Would Gore and the Dems have been happy that Jeb sent electors for his brother? I doubt it.

Via Hot Air

And if you want to go down a fever dream rabbit hole, there's The Plot to Steal the Presidency. The adage if they are accusing someone of doing something, it is because they have and are doing it themselves.
hgc159
If there were ANY question about what will be presented/discussed or what conclusions will be be drawn, would it be on prime time tv?
"Life's tough. Get a helmet, man." -Candace Owens
1872walker
Gigem314
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/miley-cyrus-to-perform-halftime-show-at-jan-6-committee-hearings/
"I came in like a wreeeecking baaaalllll...yeah I just closed my eyes and swung"

That should definitely be the theme song for this whole process.
Owlagdad
Dumsheets. Trump will have last laugh, and usher in DeSantis and they wont be able to go after him, because America is tired of the muckraking and lies.
Ellis Wyatt
EKUAg said:

Being produced by the ABC News guy that spiked the Epstein story.
Yep. Professional television production of the Stalinist show trial.
Ellis Wyatt
When will Frau Pelosi be compelled to testify on her failure to act to secure the Capitol?
aggiehawg
AG
If you guys want to watch a live stream on tonight, join Megan Fox from PJ Media. She's been on with Rekieta a few times and is a hoot. She's not a lawyer, she's a journalist but very entertaining and smart. Rekieta had a conflict and will not be live streaming but will go through the hearing during his regular 11 PM show

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Will aoc make an appearance about how her life was in danger from the old lady with cane? Will we hear from the security officer who murdered someone? Same dude who left his sidearm in the bathroom.

Oh, oh, will the FBI make an appearance and tell us how they helped organize and coerced people to go in? Must see tv for half wits and TDS
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
I hope they have an intro like Dallas. Music and such.

DC, starring....

My gosh I can see it now, or even better maybe an intro like MASH
rwpag71
AG
Thursday Night Politics. Just needs a catchy intro theme song
Roll the Bones
AG
Thankful there is an NHL playoff game tonight so I won't forget to not watch this bs.
BaitShack
AG
They seem pretty neutral so far.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Bless you for taking one for the team. No way I could watch this cluster
Dan Scott
AG
Are each of these dewshbags going to make a 10 minute speech before we get started like they do for usual hearings
BaitShack
AG
I think this is more of a production than a hearing.
1872walker
I'll just wait and buy the book. No. Really.

ABATTBQ87
AG
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

I hope they have an intro like Dallas. Music and such.

DC, starring....

My gosh I can see it now, or even better maybe an intro like MASH

I encourage them to prove that Suicide is painless
Owlagdad
Should call it the Star Chamber committee

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.