*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,490 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
The Dirty Sock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie93 said:

Dem's star witness!

NASAg03

Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Carolin_Gallego
Tramp96 said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

The name-calling technique making false associations are childish. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
You are putting WAY too much credence on the false testimony of a person who didn't get a job from Trump or Meadows after the term.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain what her motivation is.

It's also a fact that all of her testimony yesterday was debunked by the actual Secret Service within hours.

Not sure what your point here is.
It's not. Please enlighten us.

Not debunked. The Secret Service agent that has denied her statement has denied other actions reported in testimony by other people.

The point was about ad hominems some other, childish posters like to use.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

Tramp96 said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

The name-calling technique making false associations are childish. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
You are putting WAY too much credence on the false testimony of a person who didn't get a job from Trump or Meadows after the term.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain what her motivation is.

It's also a fact that all of her testimony yesterday was debunked by the actual Secret Service within hours.

Not sure what your point here is.

I have. Twice. She's a jilted lover who was left w/o a job and this is her revenge.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

• Her statement was 100% hearsay, and she admitted as much.
  • The person who told her the story we are supposed to believe was (1) interviewed by the committee and didn't mention the same story during his deposition, and (2) was contacted by multiple reporters from MSM publications who reported this was untrue and he was willing to say the same if called under oath.
  • She claimed notes presented were her own when, in fact, she did not write them, they were written by Eric Herschmann (a former White House lawyer)

Forget the fact she decided to sit on this for 16 months and the absurdity of actually being able to do what she alleged. None of the core of her testimony has held up under the most basic scrutiny/corroboration. Didn't even need a '48 hour' rule before this fell apart.
Get Off My Lawn
Q: if this committee ACTUALLY had the goods on Trump - wouldn't they have initiated an actual trial?

The mechanisms betray the reality.

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side;l, pound the law; if you have neither, pound the table of a toothless made-for-tv spectacle."
Carolin_Gallego
The committee does not have the authority to prosecute crimes.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Malibu
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Why should we ever believe a single white liberal on anything ever again?

This is a serious and genuine question for Malibu and other white liberals and CM's on here. What gives you any sort of good will or legitimacy and why should we take a single thing you say seriously in the future?

Are you embarrassed? My guess is that some of you won't even revisit this thread...like y'all always do, you'll just pretend it never happened. Real men own up to being wrong, or fooled. They can even bring themselves to apologize. But white liberals are simply not real men.
Haha, the original lunged at Secret Service thread got deleted and i went back to work, and lived the rest of my life offline yesterday. If she perjured herself her testimony is a sham and she should go to jail. I dont particularly care what this board thinks about me, its a place to waste time and one of the few places thats outside of my normal liberal bubble.

Of note though is what else she said in her testimony that if Secret Service are deposed will they shoot down:
1. POTUS knew crowd was armed when he said march to Capitol
2. Whether he asked to go to the Capitol in Beast

Asking GA SOS to find the votes is damning enough. That an enraged Trump didnt assault security isnt germane to whether he tried to illegally overturn an election.
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

The committee does not have the authority to prosecute crimes.
And yet, they are conducting this "hearing" as if they were trying to prosecute a crime.

Tramp96
Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

This is a serious and genuine question for Malibu and other white liberals and CM's on here. What gives you any sort of good will or legitimacy and why should we take a single thing you say seriously in the future?

Are you embarrassed? My guess is that some of you won't even revisit this thread...like y'all always do, you'll just pretend it never happened. Real men own up to being wrong, or fooled. They can even bring themselves to apologize. But white liberals are simply not real men.
Haha, the original lunged at Secret Service thread got deleted and i went back to work, and lived the rest of my life offline yesterday. If she perjured herself her testimony is a sham and she should go to jail. I dont particularly care what this board thinks about me, its a place to waste time and one of the few places thats outside of my normal liberal bubble.

Of note though is what else she said in her testimony that if Secret Service are deposed will they shoot down:

Asking GA SOS to find the votes is damning enough. That an enraged Trump didnt assault security isnt germane to whether he tried to illegally overturn an election.

#1 is a false premise to begin with...the crowd wasn't armed.
Carolin_Gallego
Like the Benghazi hearings? Congressional committees investigate. That's what they are doing.
1872walker
Carolin_Gallego said:

Like the Benghazi hearings? Congressional committees investigate. That's what they are doing.

Please tell me the makeup of that select committee and if the minority party was able to name their own members.
Malibu
Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

There is actually police chatter naming perps with AR-15s on Jan 6th. This was relayed to POTUS
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

An actual investigation has as it's goal to find facts and truth. To find out what really happened.

This farce of a committee hearing has shown no such quality at all.

The Benghazi hearings actually had members of the minority party seated on it picked by the minority party. It actually called witnesses from all sides. It was trying to find out what happened so that such a thing could not happen again.

This is a show-trial trying to discredit Trump with a 3rd impeachment.
Tramp96
Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

There is actually police chatter naming perps with AR-15s on Jan 6th. This was relayed to POTUS
Yet no police records of anyone being arrested at the capitol or on the grounds with an AR-15. Also, no video or photographic evidence of ANYONE there that day (outside of law enforcement) being armed. NONE.
Carolin_Gallego
It's in the OP. The minority leader was not acting in good faith and wanted to have people involved the events of Jan 6th to be on the committee. To deny this fact is to argue in bad faith.
geoag58
AG
Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Why don't you address the lies promoted by your kangaroo court and the lying steering wheel woman?
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

It's in the OP. The minority leader was not acting in good faith and wanted to have people involved the events of Jan 6th to be on the committee. To deny this fact is to argue in bad faith.
Everyone who was a sitting member of Congress that day was involved in the events. Well, except for AOC...she wasn't even there.
geoag58
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Why don't you address the lies being promoted by your kangaroo court and the lying steering wheel woman.
aginlakeway
AG
Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Yet NO pics or NO videos of ANYONE with an AR-15. Strange.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Carolin_Gallego
I think Tony is probably the liar here.
CanyonAg77
AG
Malibu2 said:

Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Illegal to have in DC. Surely you have the arrest reports?
1872walker
Carolin_Gallego said:

I specifically asked about the Benghazi committee
Rockdoc
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Lol of course you do!
CanyonAg77
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Yet, the committee hasn't asked him to be on TV for their "reality" show.
Malibu
Thats false. Several arrests made were of people carrying guns and ammo.

But lets assume you were correct and the police chatter is fog of war. That info was still relayed to POTUS and his response was...Go to the Capitol
geoag58
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

I know the problem now. You are not thinking, you are regurgitating talking points.
Carolin_Gallego
Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Lol of course you do!
Well, she's not the only one he's calling a liar.
Rockdoc
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Lol of course you do!
Well, she's not the only one he's calling a liar.

And?
Tramp96
Malibu2 said:

But lets assume you were correct and the police chatter is fog of war. That info was still relayed to POTUS and his response was...Go to the Capitol
Here was his actual response:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

From NPR. https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial

Carolin_Gallego
He did say that, and yet, as the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance, failed to take immediate action to stop the violence, failed to instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol, and he also targeted the U.S. Vice President when he knew (testimony confirms) people in the Capitol were threatening his life. It's quite the contradiction.
geoag58
AG
Think about the panel charged with exploring this farce. If their evidence is so easily disproven, coupled with the regimes treatment of the so called rioters, maybe they have nothing(the truth) and are only promoting an even bigger lie(more truth).

Every action undertaken by the traitorous dimtards since President Trump was elected has been shown to be lies. How can anyone still cling to dimtard as purveyors of truth. It should be really embarrassing for all who still do.
Tramp96
Carolin_Gallego said:

He did say that, and yet, as the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance, failed to take immediate action to stop the violence, failed to instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol, and he also targeted the U.S. Vice President when he knew (testimony confirms) people in the Capitol were threatening his life.

You actually typed that crap with a straight face?

Phatbob
AG
Tramp96 said:

Malibu2 said:

Here was his actual response:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

From NPR. https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/966396848/read-trumps-jan-6-speech-a-key-part-of-impeachment-trial

You missed the important words: "Trump Said"... nothing in that or anything else he did met any sort of definition of sedition until you get to those 2 words. That's the only proof they need.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.