*****Official Jan 6th Committee Hearing Thread*****

150,455 Views | 2038 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Funky Winkerbean
Get Off My Lawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every rational person stopped giving a **** due to how far it's being overplayed.

If you were upset about some vandalism and trespassing and shoving - maybe you'd have some credibility. If charges were being issued and juries finding protesters guilty of heinous crimes (rather than indefinite holding of political prisoners) - maybe there'd be some sympathy for your perspective. But you propagandists have poisoned your own well.

The more you childishly flail, the more you drive me back to pro- Trump!
Carolin_Gallego
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
aginlakeway
AG
Rockdoc said:

How old did you say you were?

He has yet to answer that seemingly challenging question.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Bill Clinternet
AG
aginlakeway said:

Rockdoc said:

Does my age matter?
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Carolin_Gallego said:

Tourist and tour guides? That's that narrative you are going with?

This is like daycare recess compared to your precious BLM riots. Or actually any liberal riots that are pretty much occurring on a regular basis really. It's impossible to take you seriously.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Carolin_Gallego
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

This is like daycare recess compared to your precious BLM riots. Or actually any liberal riots that are pretty much occurring on a regular basis really. It's impossible to take you seriously.
Except it was planned, it obstructed a Constitutional process for transferring the power of the presidency and the sitting President was complicit.

Big exceptions. So big that one might say your comparison is laughable.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Carolin_Gallego said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Except it was planned, it obstructed a Constitutional process for transferring the power of the presidency and the sitting President was complicit.

Planned and instigated by the FBI maybe...Trump did zero planning whatsoever. You are just a complete liar to the core.
Bill Clinternet
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Planned and instigated by the FBI maybe...Trump did zero planning whatsoever. You are just a complete liar to the core.
Actually she is telling the truth. Your problem is you don't have any logical evidence behind anything you claim. You just say something outlandish and wish that its true. I have yet to see you provide any evidence for any claim you have made.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Neehau said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Actually she is telling the truth. Your problem is you don't have any logical evidence behind anything you claim. You just say something outlandish and wish that its true. I have yet to see you provide any evidence for any claim you have made.
Big fan of yours once I finally caught on.
Carolin_Gallego
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Here are the facts:

Trump denied the election results and promoted false election fraud claims after his administration and campaign investigated and said he lost a fair election.

Trump pressured Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law. This action was taken after his lawyer who pitched the idea to him, Eastman, admitted to him and Pence that the plan was illegal.

Trump had false electoral slates created and transmitted to Congress and the National Archives prior to Jan 6.

Trump had a rally in which he wanted the metal detectors removed. He then asked the rally goers to march on the US Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power, knowing they were armed.

Trump said in his speech that he would join at the Capitol and we have testimony that his Secret Service detail would not allow him to attend.

After Trump knew the violence was underway, he ignored multiple pleas for assistance, failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and failed to instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol for over 4 hours.

However, in less than one hour after learning of violence at the Capitol, he tweeted that Pence wouldn't follow his illegal plan to refuse certification.

That sounds very planned to me.
Aggies2009
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Boom
Rockdoc
AG
aginlakeway said:

Rockdoc said:

Yeah I think we got a pretty clear picture about him.
Carolin_Gallego
Doc became tired of trolling me and moved on to different waters, I see. You go, Doc.
PabloSerna
AG
A bit of warning .. Just because they have an Ag tag doesn't mean they follow the Aggie Code of Honor, much less any civil course in discussing the topic at hand.

I agree with you that this (Jan 6th) had a level of planning. However, I do not think Trump was stupid enough to say or do anything to get caught. It would seem to me that these hearings are designed to showcase the level of sedition those in power are willing to stoop - to keep it. Trump surrounds himself with people who regularly lick his shoes and tell him, "good putt sir!" However, when his AG tells him he is "detached from reality" - that is all you need to know. I think we all knew this would end with "You're Fired!"

The problem with the left (I'm gonna claim the middle) is that they go too far and will die on every hill they find.

I think the real winner in all this will be DeSantis. He is looking more, and more presidential every hearing.

Rockdoc
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

Doc became tired of trolling me and moved on to different waters, I see. You go, Doc.

If you're talking about me, I just became tired of your lies and posting from your lib website. Liars and deceivers tire me. You know as well as the rest of us what's going on at that clown show.
Carolin_Gallego
You must tire yourself out a lot.
Rockdoc
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

You must tire yourself out a lot.

Wow that was special!
Bill Clinternet
AG
Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

If you're talking about me, I just became tired of your lies and posting from your lib website. Liars and deceivers tire me. You know as well as the rest of us what's going on at that clown show.
Carolin, when someone is a member of a cult, no matter how much evidence you show them they will accuse you of lies and deceit. It is a particularly nasty combination of Dunning Kruger/Cognitive Dissonance/Arrogance. Dont listen to the insults. Rockdoc may actually be a cogent, productive citizen in his/her personal life and they are just so brainwashed they cannot stand to hear anything that may oppose their narrative....a demonstrably false narrative which has been shown to be false over and over again.
MouthBQ98
AG
The DC guard request after the event was over sure seems like CYA vs ongoing need. We would need a very exact timeline of the drafiting, issuance, delivery, deliberation, and response and who was involved at DoD before we would know if the denial meant anything or if the request had any validity related to the events in the capitol building on Jan 6 or only as a follow up having realized security needs were underestimated after all.
PabloSerna
AG
The comment that stood out to me from Cassidy Hutchinson, that was not hearsay, was saying that Trump's attack on Pence was "un- American", "un- patriotic"

I jumped out of my chair (at work) and said, "Amen!" Because that is exactly what I think of Trump.

Rockdoc
AG
Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Carolin_Gallego said:

Carolin, when someone is a member of a cult, no matter how much evidence you show them they will accuse you of lies and deceit. It is a particularly nasty combination of Dunning Kruger/Cognitive Dissonance/Arrogance. Dont listen to the insults. Rockdoc may actually be a cogent, productive citizen in his/her personal life and they are just so brainwashed they cannot stand to hear anything that may oppose their narrative....a demonstrably false narrative which has been shown to be false over and over again.

Wow so impressive from a youngster.
geoag58
AG
Carolin_Gallego said:

You could benefit greatly from reading this:

https://townhall.com/columnists/willalexander/2022/06/28/bread-and-circuses-democrats-doing-as-the-romans-did-n2609431

Just saw an ap-norc poll taken from June 23-27 1053 adults:

COUNTRY ON THE WRONG TRACK

TOTAL. 85%

REPUBLICANS. 92%

DEMOCRATS. 78%

Why do you continue to support a failed president and a failed democrat controlled congress. No one not even your fellow dims see it the way you do. What do you think you are missing that your fellow dims are by a large majority seeing. Tell us and maybe we can help you.

captkirk
AG
This sure is a nice distraction for CMs from Brandon's dumpster fire administration.
PabloSerna
AG
Ahh.. it could be worse.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
PabloSerna said:

The comment that stood out to me from Cassidy Hutchinson, that was not hearsay, was saying that Trump's attack on Pence was "un- American", "un- patriotic"

I jumped out of my chair (at work) and said, "Amen!" Because that is exactly what I think of Trump.

lol
Rockdoc
AG
captkirk said:

This sure is a nice distraction for CMs from Brandon's dumpster fire administration.

It's all they've got and it's soon to be gone. I guess user name changes will be in order.
Carolin_Gallego
PabloSerna said:

I do not think Trump was stupid enough to say or do anything to get caught.

That ship has sailed. America has a historic problem with accountability. Incoming Presidents have shielded previous administrations from litigation with pardons for far less, like Nixon's DNC break-in and Bush's torture program. This situation is different in three ways though: it disrupted the peaceful transfer (1st in US history) and almost caused a constitutional crisis; the illicit activity falls into multiple jurisdictions (not just federal) as Trump attempted to change the vote in multiple States; Trump won't receive a pardon from the sitting President. Maybe America will do the right thing or maybe it won't. But if people here had any honesty, they would admit that they would be outraged and demanding action if the shoe was on the other foot.
PabloSerna
AG
Suburban women are the target. Expect more of the same from the hearings. Lets see if Trump's endorsements start to lose or if Dems rally around Roe and Guns?
J. Walter Weatherman
PabloSerna said:

A bit of warning .. Just because they have an Ag tag doesn't mean they follow the Aggie Code of Honor, much less any civil course in discussing the topic at hand.

I agree with you that this (Jan 6th) had a level of planning. However, I do not think Trump was stupid enough to say or do anything to get caught. It would seem to me that these hearings are designed to showcase the level of sedition those in power are willing to stoop - to keep it. Trump surrounds himself with people who regularly lick his shoes and tell him, "good putt sir!" However, when his AG tells him he is "detached from reality" - that is all you need to know. I think we all knew this would end with "You're Fired!"

The problem with the left (I'm gonna claim the middle) is that they go too far and will die on every hill they find.

I think the real winner in all this will be DeSantis. He is looking more, and more presidential every hearing.

Agreed, and if DeSantis is the winner then we all win. What's hilarious is that for people who hate both Trump and the dems it's kind of a win/win. Either Trump ends up not being able to run for whatever reason or the dems look like complete morons for parading someone who was lying.
PabloSerna
AG
I think the Dems will throw everything at Trump to tarnish his legacy (umm.. never mind).

I was just wondering - where will the Trump Library be built??

PabloSerna
AG
Indeed.
Rockdoc
AG
PabloSerna said:

Suburban women are the target. Expect more of the same from the hearings. Lets see if Trump's endorsements start to lose or if Dems rally around Roe and Guns?

Well I think the hearings are about over. People have lost interest. There are other problems in this country in case you haven't noticed. As far as Trumps endorsements, I don't think they're that big of a deal one way or the other.
Sims
AG
Rockdoc said:

PabloSerna said:

Well I think the hearings are about over. People have lost interest. There are other problems in this country in case you haven't noticed. As far as Trumps endorsements, I don't think they're that big of a deal one way or the other.
Can't lose what ya never had!
captkirk
AG
PabloSerna said:

Ahh.. it could be worse.
Not sure how
degreedy
AG
Rockdoc said:

captkirk said:

It's all they've got and it's soon to be gone. I guess user name changes will be in order.
For a second, I thought you were referring to TA's practice of moderation....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.