**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

360,081 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why do people consider Sansa keeping things to herself as having backbone? She was wrong for not telling him plain and simple. They were almost slaughtered. She went to Jon for protection and then severely limited his ability to win by not telling him about all of the potential soldiers she could bring to the fight. Yes, it wasn't a guarantee, but I think that most of us knew LF was dying to make things up to her.

As others have mentioned, the issue isn't whether she could guarantee he would come anyway. It's about not telling Jon at all. How many times did she tell him they needed more men? How many times did he tell her there weren't anymore? He may have waited if there was even a slight chance they could add that many people to their numbers.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
****'s bout to get real.

La Bamba
AG
quote:
Why do people consider Sansa keeping things to herself as having backbone? She was wrong for not telling him plain and simple. They were almost slaughtered. She went to Jon for protection and then severely limited his ability to win by not telling him about all of the potential soldiers she could bring to the fight. Yes, it wasn't a guarantee, but I think that most of us knew LF was dying to make things up to her.

As others have mentioned, the issue isn't whether she could guarantee he would come anyway. It's about not telling Jon at all. How many times did she tell him they needed more men? How many times did he tell her there weren't anymore? He may have waited if there was even a slight chance they could add that many people to their numbers.
This. There's no good explanation for why she didn't tell him anything. For the folks that say that Jon wouldn't have taken LF's help due to honor - Jon needed the men and was desperate for more troops. And I'm sure in Jon's eyes the evil that was Ramsay at that moment would have outweighed the evil that is LF. Come to think of it, how would Jon have even known that LF is evil? What interactions have JS and LF had?

Point is, the show is really trying hard to make Sansa a bad ass. Not working for me. She sucks.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Sansa not telling Jon was more for the audience than anything. If she told Jon then there wouldn't have been the same suspense in the battle scene. It will be glossed over in the next episode. "You should have told me...we need to trust eachother".
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:

Or she knew exactly what Jon would do, and exactly what Ramsey would do.

The cavalry arrived at the right time, when all the enemy troops had their backs turned and their spears pointed the other way.

That being said, just watched the episode again. Yup definitely the best GoT episode ever.
chipotle
quote:
Yup definitely the best GoT episode ever.

outlawag
AG
After that bloody battle, how many are left to fight the white walkers?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
After that bloody battle, how many are left to fight the white walkers?

They'll have to import the dothraki to do the fighting and dying Westerosis won't.
BowSowy
AG
I'm sorry, I just refuse to believe that Sansa is some brilliant war tactician that hid knowledge of the Knights of the Vale so that they would provide the largest benefit in a battle.

More than likely, I think that she is a teenager who is battling this idea of accepting Littlefinger's help vs. hating him for what he did. If I had to guess, I imagine she kept it secret because she was disgusted/ashamed with herself for needing to rely on him.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Come to think of it, how would Jon have even known that LF is evil? What interactions have JS and LF had?
Yeah, they have no history. I doubt Jon has heard of him.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
I'm sorry, I just refuse to believe that Sansa is some brilliant war tactician that hid knowledge of the Knights of the Vale so that they would provide the largest benefit in a battle.

More than likely, I think that she is a teenager who is battling this idea of accepting Littlefinger's help vs. hating him for what he did. If I had to guess, I imagine she kept it secret because she was disgusted/ashamed with herself for needing to rely on him.
Maybe she didn't know if LF would get there in time. She did try to stall the battle.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
I just don't see how anyone is unimpressed by that episode. At some point, I just wonder what more someone wants.

Was it more predictable than other episode 9s? Probably, though I too was concerned with the Jon trampling scene. But the actual scenes and effects and everything in this episode was some of the best I've ever seen, TV or movie.

Cast me as another who was happy to see Sansa finally have her own backbone. I think there will be backlash from her brother, and rightfully so, but it's about time she realizes the only person she can depend on 100% is herself. It was also good to see her start to play the game she's been a pawn in most of her life.
Agreed. There was no Braavos, Kings Landing, or Dorne which are the places the most people complain about. Dany's plot advanced, we got to see all of the dragons wreck ****, and we had one of the best battle scenes I have ever seen. Anyone complaining about it is just looking for something to complain about, at this point.
BowSowy
AG
Maybe. But I think if that was the case, she would've just told John that she has a massive cavalry who is on their way.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:

Which one is better?

That was probably the best battle scene I've ever seen.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
Maybe. But I think if that was the case, she would've just told John that she has a massive cavalry who is on their way.
You're also assuming she got a written response back from LF.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
quote:
quote:

can you think of a better one? battle of hardhome? King of the North, Hold the Door, Red Wedding?

it was definitely the best episode from a production standpoint. one of the most creative battles scenes ive ever watched, incredible cinematography, great acting. The look on Ramsay's face when he realizes the effing Vale is comming over the hill. lol.

this episode had it all.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

can you think of a better one? battle of hardhome? King of the North, Hold the Door, Red Wedding?

it was definitely the best episode from a production standpoint. Big Battles, incredible cinematography, great acting. this episode had it all.
I personally think it was the best battle scene I've seen in any TV show or movie. It was intense.
BowSowy
AG
Ah yeah, fair enough. Still though, I feel like she would've at least mentioned it if she wasn't going through some sort of internal struggle. That being said, it's a show and having the KoV show up to turn the tide provided an excellent cap to the battle, so there probably isn't a whole lot of meaning behind it.
BowSowy
AG
Agreed. We got a ton of footage that just seemed so raw. It was unlike any other medieval battles I've seen which never focus on what is happening at the front lines.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
Sansa not telling Jon was more for the audience than anything. If she told Jon then there wouldn't have been the same suspense in the battle scene. It will be glossed over in the next episode. "You should have told me...we need to trust eachother".
I lean towards this thinking also. It will be along the lines of "I wrote LF, but didn't know if he would show up....I swear"
Serious Lee
we're talking about the guy that basically sold her into sex slavery. what guarantee did she have that he would even consider helping her and john?

his word? lol
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Agreed. We got a ton of footage that just seemed so raw. It was unlike any other medieval battles I've seen which never focus on what is happening at the front lines.
Pretty much how I would imagine Agincourt, but with the action instead of the fancy lad speech.
AG
I did expect the good guys to win, and I have no problem with that, but I think part of what makes the show so great has been the unpredicbility, and this season has taken very few risks.
Bunk Moreland
Great ep. Incredible battle scene. And for some reason Dany looked hotter than normal. But not as hot as when she's butt ass naked.

Very minor nitpick, but the Ramsey "look" towards Sansa a half mile away on the battlefield was so dumb. Just no need at all for that.
bangobango
AG
Some of y'all are acting like Jon could just sit and wait on Littlefinger and Ramsey would've been okay with that. Jon was battling the elemennts or Ramsey. Either way, I don't think he could have stalled for anymore time.
dave94
AG
quote:
Very minor nitpick, but the Ramsey "look" towards Sansa a half mile away on the battlefield was so dumb. Just no need at all for that.

I felt like that was exactly something Ramsey would do.
Old School Rucking
AG
Best part was that shot by Ramsay to put the Stark kid down.

Still can't take Jon Snow actor seriously. Might as well of cast a young Nathan Lane in that role.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
I did expect the good guys to win, and I have no problem with that, but I think part of what makes the show so great has been the unpredicbility, and this season has taken very few risks.
Unpredictability is good to a point...but for 6.9 seasons anyone who was ever fighting for good lost everything they had including their lives...that became more predictable than anything. The arc of Jon Snow rising up, then dying, then coming back to life a la Christ and battling the most evil of all human characters was the least predictable thing there was for these writers. Read this thread...a huge % thought he was going to die by being trampled to death.

Now we move to the war with WW's and the confluence of huge eastern armies.

This is a great tv series...one of the all time greats...no question.
claym711
AG
Fairly obvious that Sansa is turning dark. She will turn against Jon, manipulated by LF. However, her ******* will likely be what keeps her from going full betrayal on Jon.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Fairly obvious that Sansa is turning dark. She will turn against Jon, manipulated by LF. However, her ******* will likely be what keeps her from going full betrayal on Jon.

I would say she is hardening rather than turning dark.
AggieChemist
AG
I thought y'all would enjoy this missandei gif

Javelina
cr0wbar
AG
I/ we did enjoy that- thank you Chemist.

RE Stannis finding stag toy: Are we to assume that was the Stannis' daughter's very own stag. That was the exact spot they burned her? I'll have to go back to last season but I dont remember it being outside Winterfell
Killin Me Smalls
AG
Yes Stannis was preparing to raid Winterfell and got stuck in a blizzard.
wangus12
AG
Yeah. That was the toy Davos gave her and you can see the pile of ashy wood where the stake was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.