**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

360,105 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TOJ?
Gig-Em2003
AG
Agreed - resolution to TOJ seems like the perfect cliffhanger.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeds were planted for TOJ resolution. Has to happen before the season ends.
Duncan Idaho
I thought the sink effect was that every cast has gotten progressively worse since you finished high school.
CubbieAggie
AG
Since I'm not sure the name has been specifically mentioned, they're referring to the Bran/TER scene with a young Ned Stark and co. fighting two former Targaryen Kingsguard that got cut off before the end.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
I thought the sink effect was that every cast has gotten progressively worse since you finished high school.
Maybe...but the point is that people have complained about SNL not being as good as it once was since 1976.
oh no
AG
quote:
TOJ?
yeah; I had to look it up too... some of you guys with abbreviations! Tower of Joy... earlier this season, the three eyed raven had Bran warg to see an old story he'd heard many times growing up; his young father Ned fighting two king's guards at the TOJ to rescue his sister. I had to go read a blog about it on the Internet- this story is very significant. If I recall correctly from the episode, Bran's warg was cut short after Ned's battle with some guards, he went up to the tower; heard screaming... and warg ended.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
TOJ?
yeah; I had to look it up too... some of you guys with abbreviations! Tower of Joy... earlier this season, the three eyed raven had Bran warg to see an old story he'd heard many times growing up; his young father Ned fighting two king's guards at the TOJ to rescue his sister. I had to go read a blog about it on the Internet- this story is very significant. If I recall correctly from the episode, Bran's warg was cut short after Ned's battle with some guards, he went up to the tower; heard screaming... and warg ended.
Did they say Tower of Joy in the show or is that book only?
smokeythebear
AG
Just to remind everyone on here, this is the show only thread, so talk about the tower scene should probably be restricted to just what the show watchers know.
oh no
AG
quote:
Did they say Tower of Joy in the show or is that book only?
I don't recall... but the scene i just described was show-only - for those like me that were confused by the earlier "TOJ" reference.
oh no
AG
my apologies if saying that it is "very significant" is considered a spoiler...

it's the only thing i knew a bit about because i only watch the show, but back when it happened, i was curious and did a little google on that scene.. the blog i read wasn't spoiler either; just catching up on story background and some theories that I think are out there already in this thread.
bobinator
AG
The "Tower-which-doesn't-have-a-name-yet" was also the first time we saw that Bran could potentially influence the past. It sure looked like Ned heard Bran when he was walking up the stairs.
Independent George
AG
What we know so far about that Tower scene:
1. Bran watched his father fight some guards, protecting a tower.
2. The famous fight did not go as Bran had thought (one of his fathers guys stabbed the foe in the back)
3. Young Ned heads up to the tower to save what we think is his sister, this is well known history from season 1.
4. Bran shouts out father, and Ned turns around and stops for a brief moment. It was unclear at the time if he heard Bran but after the Hodor episode it is clear that he probably did. Vision ends abruptly.

Obviously this is going to be very important in finding out what happened to Ned's sister. The Bran story line with the past visions have quickly became my favorite parts of the show and I will consider the future success of episodes upon whether or not it has awesome Bran scenes or not. (Also sweet bweebs and solid fight scenes with on screen deaths of characters as well).
TomHagensWife
Getting back to Cersei's trial, do we know if Lancel has admitted what he did to the High Sparrow? Did he have to go through what others did offscreen and now he's on his good side? I don't remember if they mentioned it or do we just assume it.
gougler08
AG
I think he atoned for his sins by joining the Faith Militant
oh no
AG
what did Lancel Lannister do again? since he's a sparrow, he's obviously on the High Sparrow's good side.

I assume Loras Tyrell is still rotting in the sparrow's prison cell and hasn't yet admitted his gayness.
TomHagensWife
Lancel and Cersei used to be very friendly.
Swarely
He also drugged King Roberts wine.
Objective Aggie
AG
Other than killing the king and sleeping with the queen whom he was related to, what did Lancel do that was so bad?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Other than killing the king and sleeping with the queen whom he was related to, what did Lancel do that was so bad?
Well when you put it that way... why isn't he more powerful??
oh no
AG
i forgot he slept with his cousin while her brother, his other cousin, was captured at war...

....but did he really kill Robert B.? he was his squire on the hunt when Robert was killed. i didn't know he flat out killed him.
gougler08
AG
He fed him the wine and encouraged him to take on a boar...on Cersei's orders of course
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, I don't remember the exact quote, but there was an exchange between the HS and Cersei that confirmed she conspired with Lancel to help kill Robert via wine duties.
oh no
AG
ok.. forgot about the wine.
PascalsWager
AG
I don't understand the timing of trials by combat. It was used as a stall tactic both by the show and the character on trial, because it could be asked for at any time including seconds before you got your very likely guilty verdict and possibly even after. A character could go through an entire trial with witnesses and testimony only to demand trial by combat at the end.

We'd need a lot more seasons to actually get the fight between the mountain and whoever else. So I'm glad its gone as an option.
oh no
AG
i guess there was never any significance to the 6 direwolves that the 6 Stark children adopted? one Stark is now dead (and I can't imagine Rickon living much longer when Ramsey Bolton is under attack soon) and four of their wolves are dead. one of the remaining two ran off a long, long, time ago. I kept wanting those wolves to mean something and do more, but I guess they're out, save maybe a cameo from Jon Snow's wolf every once in a while.
Rudyjax
AG
Metaphor for the stark family.
bobinator
AG
quote:
Metaphor for the stark family.
Like Arya herself (at least to everyone in the show), god only knows where Nymeria is.

And Jon's wolf is literally named ghost, it's not exactly buried under layers of subtlety.

This is like 99% of why I'm sure Rickon is toast and Sansa is going to turn her back on her family (again)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are we forgetting that the wolves have already saved lives? Bran and Cat were saved by his. Ghost saved Sam's at Castle Black and probably Jon's when he was discovered as a crow by the wildlings. I forget the rest but I'm sure there are more.
oh no
AG
Arya's defended her from young prince Joffrey before she sent her wolf away... that's why Ned had to kill Sansa's wolf; Arya's was gone.
Joan Wilder
AG
I think the wolves were very bonded to the individual Stark children. They seemed to come in at key moments on the show, but I think the CGI needed as they got older hindered the ability to really incorporate them a ton. Ghost has been MIA for a while hasnt he?

People like Mallory Rubin seem incredibly torn up when wolves die so I suspect they have a bigger presence in the books. As a show only watcher I don't have as much stake in them.
bobinator
AG
This is a random rock in the pond type question, but could Summer (which is also seems a tad heavy handed, summer dying at the hands of the white walkers) become sort of white walker wolf? Also has Hodor gone over or do we think he was ripped apart or something?
bobinator
AG
quote:
I think the wolves were very bonded to the individual Stark children. They seemed to come in at key moments on the show, but I think the CGI needed as they got older hindered the ability to really incorporate them a ton. Ghost has been MIA for a while hasnt he?

People like Mallory Rubin seem incredibly torn up when wolves die so I suspect they have a bigger presence in the books. As a show only watcher I don't have as much stake in them.
Ghost was with Jon when he came back. I agree though that on the show they seem to just be dogs with a really good sense of when danger is around.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

smokeythebear
AG
quote:
This is a random rock in the pond type question, but could Summer (which is also seems a tad heavy handed, summer dying at the hands of the white walkers) become sort of white walker wolf? Also has Hodor gone over or do we think he was ripped apart or something?
Well at most he could turn into a wight. He wouldn't be a WW though since he was killed by wights.

Though, to be fair, there are a surprisingly few number of actual WWs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.