**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

358,514 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Goldie Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody know the significance of the flower drawing that Margery gave Granny?
Sentinel
AG
To show that she hasn't been brainwashed. Also I think a flower is their sigil.
Goldie Wilson
Also loved the Lannister siblings getting roasted by Grandma Tyrell and Blackfish.
Vernada
AG
*****house bewbs
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Some of you might want to spend some time watching the crap that is on tv most of the time and then contrast it with this. This is great storytelling. It keeps moving, there's suspense, there's great dialogue, there's a mix of action without overdoing it, etc. I feel like some are just ready to flip right to the end.

I'm a self admitted TV snob. I don't watch the crap, I watch all the critically acclaimed shows. Again, I don't like the fact that Im getting bored as ****, but I just am. It's just the same old **** over and over. I appreciate the good acting, etc. but I'm bored. Can't explain it.
Btron
AG
quote:
Anybody know the significance of the flower drawing that Margery gave Granny?

That is their house sign and their words are "growing strong". I think could mean that "we got this, trust in what i'm doing." Or it was something pretty to remember her by because" this is legit, I'm staying here and you need to go. "
Vernada
AG
No. It was absolutely a stealth message that she had a plan.
Joan Wilder
AG
I'm pretty sure that was Margaery signaling to Grandma Tyrell it was a con. If she was serious about her conversion she wouldn't have smuggled her the note secretly.

I like seeing Jamie and Bronn back together.
Btron
AG
quote:
No. It was absolutely a stealth message that she had a plan.

That's why I said "could mean" I have no idea what's going on here.
DannyDuberstein
AG
High Sparrow dropped a threat on granny. So Margaery gets her to leave while avoiding appearing like she's playing him.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
quote:
Was Stansa writing to Little Finger for help?

Exactly what I was thinking

It's almost like that's what they want us to think but she could be writing someone totally different/unpredictable.
combat wombat™
AG
Septa Sourface knows something is up, I think.
DannyDuberstein
AG
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:
Some of you might want to spend some time watching the crap that is on tv most of the time and then contrast it with this. This is great storytelling. It keeps moving, there's suspense, there's great dialogue, there's a mix of action without overdoing it, etc. I feel like some are just ready to flip right to the end.

I'm a self admitted TV snob. I don't watch the crap, I watch all the critically acclaimed shows. Again, I don't like the fact that Im getting bored as ****, but I just am. It's just the same old **** over and over. I appreciate the good acting, etc. but I'm bored. Can't explain it.
Good for you. Quit watching or quit *****ing.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Great acting this episode. You had Ian McShane, lady Mormont, and Theon doing absolutely amazing in their roles. The next 3 episodes should be nuts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ummm, that's what this board is for. To comment on the show. He is commenting.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Great acting this episode. You had Ian McShane, lady Mormont, and Theon doing absolutely amazing in their roles. The next 3 episodes should be nuts.
I feel like that was a waste of Ian McShane, though. Maybe he didn't have a lot of time to shoot, and they wanted to use him..
Bunk Moreland
quote:

This is the first night I've posted on this thread in weeks.

I'll happily give my opinion that im getting bored with it once in a blue moon if I feel like it. Sorry if my opinion of a show I like and care about isn't in lock step with yours.

Im sure you'll manage.
Phat32
AG
The Hound
Seven Costanza
AG
Given this show's history with overly sympathetic and like able characters, I think we can all expect a horrific yet noble death for Davos at some point.
et98
AG
Who were the guys who killed off the Hound's newfound friends?
Btron
AG
quote:
Who were the guys who killed off the Hound's newfound friends?

Brotherhood without banners
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Septa Sourface knows something is up, I think.

Yeah her facial expression seemed to change slightly. She may have heard the paper, but what was more odd to her was likely how suddenly grandma Tyrell changed her mind about leaving.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

This is the first night I've posted on this thread in weeks.

I'll happily give my opinion that im getting bored with it once in a blue moon if I feel like it. Sorry if my opinion of a show I like and care about isn't in lock step with yours.

Im sure you'll manage.

Agree with Bunk. God forbid anyone be unimpressed with episodes that we now know are becoming extremely limited.
Cromagnum
AG
The Hound knew who these guys were before trouble ever happened. He and Arya ran into the brotherhood 2 or 3 seasons ago. This will not end well for that particular group.
Cromagnum
AG
And it looks like Zombie Mountain puts in some work by the after credits previews.
ja86
AG
yep looks like the hound and mountain killing show....

Objective Aggie
AG
We almost had a bottle episode with the Hound.

As it was, I liked this episode. It didn't push the story like the previous ones. But Mama Tyrell's quick witted dialogue was spectacular.
HtownAg92
AG
Ian McShane...that's it?

Also confused about the Brotherhood. I thought they were sort of like Robin Hood and his gang - stealing and pillaging from "bad" houses. Beric Donderian and the Priest dude seemed like they were on the "good" side - causing problems for the Lannisters and trying the Hound for his crimes.

Why are they murdering innocent and unarmed women and children who have nothing of value?
unmade bed
quote:
Ian McShane...that's it?

Also confused about the Brotherhood. I thought they were sort of like Robin Hood and his gang - stealing and pillaging from "bad" houses. Beric Donderian and the Priest dude seemed like they were on the "good" side - causing problems for the Lannisters and trying the Hound for his crimes.

Why are they murdering innocent and unarmed women and children who have nothing of value?

Yeah, i kinda liked the Brotherhood without Banners, but that was a total d*ck move on their part. I know they follow the lord of light so maybe it had religious motivations.

I find it hard to believe that they didnt recognize the Hound.

And Ian McShane probabaly had it coming for the **** he did in the past.
Joan Wilder
AG
I have a hard time thinking just those 3 guys killed all those people and hung the leader in a short period of time while the hound was chopping wood. They were unarmed, but they were spread out as if a larger force came through. I suppose it's possible, but I wonder if we're meant to believe they did it but maybe someone/something else is at work?

If Oleanna leaves quickly it might actually strengthen the appearance that Margaery is completely converted - it could look as if she's concerned for herself as a non-believer.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

No kidding... I don't even know what people are complaining about... "Blah blah blah, the story isn't progressing..." Huh?

And Bunk, you're my dude... but no clue how you could be bored this season. That episode was great, just like all the rest.
Bunk Moreland
Wish I could explain it. I don't know what's happening. Just have that feeling.
Serious Lee
1. Agree this was a really weak episode.

2. possibly spoiled ian mcshane's casting last week, sorry for that. rather dissapointing debut though.

3. arya getting stabbed repeatedly in the lower abdomen by a professional assassin was pretty weak, on multiple levels.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
I have a hard time thinking just those 3 guys killed all those people and hung the leader in a short period of time while the hound was chopping wood. They were unarmed, but they were spread out as if a larger force came through. I suppose it's possible, but I wonder if we're meant to believe they did it but maybe someone/something else is at work?

I assume those 3 guys brought friends back with them to help with the slaughter. If they were actually part of the Brotherhood, that doesn't make sense, alt least not yet. The Brotherhood wouldn't slaughter unarmed innocents. I'm going to assume they were Brotherhood as the Hound claimed, but something has changed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.