**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

357,475 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm referring to the theory that she will be asked to kill a family member, not just an actress who she thinks may not deserve to be killed.
So am I. Arya isn't stupid. I'm suggesting that she doesn't have to get sent to kill a family member before she has that crisis of conscience. If that is what it takes, it will be a disservice to the character.
Independent George
AG

quote:
Also, I'd like to put into consideration for worst line in the series "where are my niece and nephew? Let's go murder them!"

That was awful.
mhayden
Solid episode, but a few too many characters out of left field suddenly playing major roles. Uncle Greyjoy comes out of nowhere a few episodes to off his brother. Now he's been chosen as leader. From an unknown character to leader in probably 5 minutes of screen time?

And while the Hodor scene had great impact, did anyone really care when the tree girl sacrificed herself with the grenade? Did anyone even know her name?
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
Why does she believe his story about her uncle? She can't trust him but immediately believes that her uncle has raised an army.

Information of an uncles army can be proven by other means...what she doesn't trust is his motives.
astros4545
AG
quote:

quote:
Also, I'd like to put into consideration for worst line in the series "where are my niece and nephew? Let's go murder them!"

That was awful.

He is Trumpy and trying to Make the Ironborn Great Again
LittleBallofLove
You all will forget Hodor soon enough. When Rickon and Tommen both die this season, thats when you freak out.
chipotle
quote:
When Rickon and Tommen both die this season, thats when you freak out.

meh
TheVarian
AG
Technically, don't know that Hodor died....
Independent George
AG
Both of those deaths are for the most part expected now. Rickon has been MIA for the majority of the show and I dont think many people care if Tommen dies.

I'll never forget HoldTheDoor.
TheVarian
AG
That kid who did the young Hodor did a kick ass job. I'll always remember hearing him calling out in that scene
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol @ anyone thinking Tommen or Rickon are half as relevant as Hodor.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:

What if Hodor becomes a wight? Or however it's spelled.
MaroonStain
AG
I am calling last night the "Truth and Death" episode.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
quote:

What if Hodor becomes a wight? Or however it's spelled.

Btron
AG
What if Arya has to go and kill zombie Hodor?
Btron
AG
Thank goodness for Tormund and his comic relief. Once that happened it felt like a weight lifted off of me and I thought to myself, this is what this show is missing. Subtle hints of comic relief among the heavy heavy drama. I doesn't have to be all the time or over the top, just once and a while some lighthearted, innocent humor.
And I don't mean Tyrion's one liners either...
LHIOB
AG
We are 5 episodes into S5 and so far we have:

• Sansa and Brianne together
  • Jon alive
  • Jon and Sansa together
  • Roose Bolton dead
  • Rickon Stark a captive
  • Dany with an Army
  • Arya with her sight back
  • An Iron Born King
  • Littlefinger with an army he controls
  • Bran out of the tree
  • Lost Hodor

Thats insanely eventful for GoT
Joan Wilder
AG
Absolutely. The looks he's giving Brienne and her "wtf" reactions are fantastic and hit just the right tone. Much needed levity.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
And while the Hodor scene had great impact, did anyone really care when the tree girl sacrificed herself with the grenade? Did anyone even know her name?
Hodor was a complete innocent. Kind of like a child but willing to sacrifice himself to protect Bran.

The COF who sacrificed herself is the one they showed actually creating the WW, I think. She kind of had it coming.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

The FX looked horrible and ,sorry but, the way hodor became hodor was stupid

Leave the thread.

You honestly believe any of the scenes with the wights from last night looked half as good as any of their previous scenes?

I get the love of hodor and figured I would be alone on that but the scenes with the wights were just poorly done.
The Debt
I started laughing my ass off when theon started giving his speech, "sht, this is a good speech, someone is gonna sucker punch and bag him."

When Euron said "yea I killed him, I paid the iron price for his crown" I gave a hell yea with the rest em.
Teddy Perkins
AG
So is that it for the Children of the Forest? Are they all dead now or are there more out there in the wild?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I started laughing my ass off when theon started giving his speech, "sht, this is a good speech, someone is gonna sucker punch and bag him."

When Euron said "yea I killed him, I paid the iron price for his crown" I gave a hell yea with the rest em.

All of the iron island scenes were great.
Independent George
AG

quote:
He caused the past before he was in existence. (?)
Anyone remember the book "Slaughterhouse-Five"? All events/time is happening simultaneously forever. People with a power like Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven can choose what they want to experience and perceive.

That is kinda how I have been thinking of it now, may be way off though.
BBQ4Me
AG
Correct me if I'm wrong:

Children of the Forest predate men. Men started killing them, so they turned a man into the WW King, who created more WWs. However, in addition to WWs battling men, WWs also target their creators - Children of the Forest.
Teddy Perkins
AG
The scene with Dany and Jorah was nails too. I feel that is getting overlooked. How the hell is Jorah going to cure greyscale?
wangus12
AG
quote:
So is that it for the Children of the Forest? Are they all dead now or are there more out there in the wild?
There are probably some more out there, just not very many.
Sentinel
AG
It's been cured before right? Stannis' daughter?
Independent George
AG
quote:
The scene with Dany and Jorah was nails too. I feel that is getting overlooked. How the hell is Jorah going to cure greyscale?
Absolutely. Very long awaited conversation for the both of them.

Its his left arm IIRC, he should just chop that thing off and see if that helps.
Btron
AG
quote:
Hopefully by dying. I can't stand Jorah. It's mostly his voice and accent.

"you're the best queeeeeeen, that's every beeeeeeen" Shut up and stone away!
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
quote:
everything that happened north of the wall was terrible. I mean sub par - terrible, not Ros getting killed terrible.

The FX looked horrible and ,sorry but, the way hodor became hodor was stupid

Go read the book and you can imagine it however you like.
Except GRRM will be dead before he writes that part.
mm98
AG
I rewatched the last scene again and did anyone else think the WW that was killed with the spear looked very much like the one Jon killed last season at Hardhome? Do they come back to life in new bodies or just a similar WW?
GMM
Question:

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but who all was leaving Castle Black and where were they going? Brienne/Pod to the Riverlands....but Jon/Sansa/Tormund to recruit the small Northern houses they were talking about? Where was Ghost?
Trident 88
AG
quote:
The only thing I didn't like about this episode was Euron's response to Theon and Yara taking the ships.

"We'll be right on their tail! All we have to do is build 1,000 ships first."
My brother's comment on this stupidity: "Those who are shipless may never sail."
TajMaballer
AG
When Bran told Hodor that his name is Willis back in episode 2, I asked my roommate, who is up to date on the books, what Hodor meant. Now we know...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.