**** Game of Thrones Season 6 - Show Only ****

367,740 Views | 2616 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Rex Racer
Dave Robicheaux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any significance to Danny's ring? She dropped it before the dothraki got her and obviously Jonah gave it back to her before she set the roof on fire. Any references to that ring? Does it keep her from burning?
CheeseSndwch
The ring was just a breadcrumb.
Goldie Wilson
I assume the ring is similar to Melisandre and her necklace. I'm just glad she had the ring on before she walked out of the burning hut

Edit: this wasn't a real theory. Just a joke about the appearance of Mel when she removed the necklace and then Dany walking out of the burning hut naked
The Debt
If the ring has magical powers, why throw it away when the horde approaches?

That seems like a good way to lose it for good.
boboguitar
AG
I thought it was her wedding band.
Btron
AG
Maybe the ring now has Gray Scale
Independent George
AG
She didnt have the ring the first time she went into the fire to hatch the dragons though right?

I'm thinking just a breadcrumb too.
Independent George
AG
The Three Eyed Raven has repeated himself about not staying in the visions for too long. Seems like he might have trouble coming out of one soon, the one with the Night King?

I suspect that he is only saying that as a cover and the visions are actually more than visions, hence Eddard might have heard him yell father.

jbanda
AG
PooDoo
AG
The come and see lines in that letter were so awesome.

I might have to add that to my privacy disclaimer in my email signature.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The Three Eyed Raven has repeated himself about not staying in the visions for too long. Seems like he might have trouble coming out of one soon, the one with the Night King?

I suspect that he is only saying that as a cover and the visions are actually more than visions, hence Eddard might have heard him yell father.

This is cool, what if it is like he slowly starts to materialize in the scene. He stayed in the tower scene long enough to watch the entire battle, and then his father was able to hear him yell. What if he stays in the white walkers scene long enough that the white walkers start to see him? Perhaps he gets out of it before they could actually TOUCH him, but it could tip off the white walkers that the Three-eyed Raven is spying on them and they may turn to hunt down the Three-eyed Raven and Bran.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
The last "come and see" doesn't make sense; he's expositing somewhat about what happens if Jon doesn't come and see.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
This is how I assumed it was working. The longer you stay; the more real it becomes until you become a part of that reality.

Although, giving Bran the ability to "time travel" would ruin the series.

It could be that he's not actually "going" anywhere, and merely living through a mental/spiritual recreation of events in time. and if he stays long enough to interact with it; it becomes too real and he's unable to escape; becoming a vegetable but not actually able to change history.

Or the tree's roots seek out your body as you are doing it and if you're there too long it grows through you and you become trapped.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
This is how I assumed it was working. The longer you stay; the more real it becomes until you become a part of that reality.

It could be that he's not actually "going" anywhere, and merely living through a mental/spiritual recreation of events in time. and if he stays long enough to interact with it; it becomes too real and he's unable to escape; becoming a vegetable but not actually able to change history.

like....Hodor?!?!?!?

Independent George
AG

quote:
This seems plausible, they start out as truthful visions of the past but after a while he can interact with them in his mind to see how they would have changed events?

The question then would be can he get a vision of the future and play out different scenarios to get the best future?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Debt
What if Ned did hear Bran in the actual past?

The Three-Eyed Raven kept saying "ive been waiting for you". Not "Ive been waiting for a seer/warg", not "Ive been waiting for a replacement." Perhaps events are predetermined. Prophesy always has a bit of Calvanist twist to it.

Take Judas betrayal of Jesus. It was foretold "1000" years before Jesus walked the Earth. Two possibilities.

1) Judas had free-agency to betray Jesus, the prophecy was supernatural insight to that event which Judas is fully culpable for.

2) Judas had no agency. All the events before and after the betrayal, from a spiritual perspective, have already been woven. Judas was merely a piece of fabric in the design. He had no true agency. The events that unfolded could not have occurred any other way. "So it is written, so it is done."

quote:
All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts,
The Debt
Its like the Oracle from the Matrix.

quote:
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase? [Neo knocks over a vase with his elbow. It falls down and breaks.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry.
Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?
Oracle: Ohhh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

The question then would be can he get a vision of the future and play out different scenarios to get the best future?

In that scenario, I would say they wouldn't be able to "see" the future; only what has happened. And perceives a level of interactivity relational to his fall into madness.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
like....Hodor?!?!?!?

Not exactly what I was thinking. Hodor does too much walking, moving, and understanding instructions to be the vegetable in my supposition.
boy09
AG
quote:
She's been wearing it since the beginning of season 1. The GoT Wiki says it was her mother's ring, can't remember back that far if/when it was ever mentioned.

Don't think that's a spoiler, the game of thrones wiki pertains only to the show, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Correct.
Sentinel
AG
Who's the Blood Raven?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:

Or the tree's roots seek out your body as you are doing it and if you're there too long it grows through you and you become trapped.
Interesting about the roots. I wonder if that's why the Three-eyed Raven is imbedded in the tree, he was the first to learn how to do it and got trapped. Perhaps he has trained many others along the way, but taught them not to get trapped? There's no way he's been in that tree for over 1,000 years and Bran is the first person he's ever trained.

I do think there's some sort of connection between the Three-eyed Raven and the crying trees we saw early on in Winterfell. Perhaps this was originally meant to be the way Bran would eventually see events that happened in the past, but they may have abandoned that since we haven't seen those trees referenced in many seasons. I duno, I pictured Bran would warg into a tree and be able to see from the trees eyes, or that the Three-eye Raven was able to watch the world through the many different trees spread across the north. This obviously falls apart though with the tower scene being so far south.

OH OH! What if you TURN INTO A CRYING TREE WHEN YOU GET STUCK?!? Then you're stuck in a, literally, vegetable state, just constantly watching the world happening but unable to do anything about it.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Who's the Blood Raven?
Oops, I meant Three-eyed Raven? Whatever the guy in the tree is called.

Fixed my posts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Three Eyed Raven
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
OH OH! What if you TURN INTO A CRYING TREE WHEN YOU GET STUCK?!? Then you're stuck in a, literally, vegetable state, just constantly watching the world happening but unable to do anything about it.
Not a bad theory.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
My simplistic answer is that Judas has free-agency; although an omniscient creator of the universe can predict with accuracy future choices of humans. The predictability of a choice does not prohibit free will.
Goldie Wilson
fingers crossed that one of Bran's flashbacks reveals the fate/whereabouts of Benjen. I'm still holding out hope that he's still alive
Btron
AG
quote:
quote:
Not a bad theory.
Those trees where put there by the gods. According to old Nan in Season 1
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
She's been wearing it since the beginning of season 1. The GoT Wiki says it was her mother's ring, can't remember back that far if/when it was ever mentioned.

Don't think that's a spoiler, the game of thrones wiki pertains only to the show, right?

Pretty easy to debunk all of this ring nonsense.....

The entire final scene from Season 1 when she walks into the fire. Her hands are clearly visible at different points in this.....no ring. Even a few closeups of her hands are shown. And of course by the end she is naked...no jewelry elsewhere either.

smokeythebear
AG
Does anyone know if Bran has to TOUCH the tree in order to go see these visions? In other words, when the Three-eyed Raven tells him he won't be in the tree forever and will eventually go back to, presumably, join in with the fighting, will he lose the ability to see the past?

If that is the case, then perhaps we're making too much of this whole "impacting the past" thing. It's possible he has a scare with getting trapped, but sees the one piece of history that is needed to help him in his fight. Then he leaves the tree and joins the fight with only his warging skills and we no longer get anymore "flashback" action.
Goldie Wilson
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not a bad theory.
Those trees where put there by the gods. According to old Nan in Season 1
Unless you knew otherwise, that seems like a plausible explanation for "guy got stuck while time traveling and then became a tree"
Goldie Wilson
What if when you stay too long, you can gradually start impacting the past events which then changes the future. This causes the timeline to skew, which is why you can't return to the original future from which you came (See: Back to the Future Part 2)
Independent George
AG
Bran needs a constant, you know, just in case.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.