***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

192,339 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was sarcasm. Look up about 6 posts to my response to the dude that actually believes he's a bust.
94chem
Bought tickets for my son and his friend tonight for son's b-day. Hated to miss seeing Luka for the first time, but really enjoyed watching the game of basketball played at this level in person. The fans are going to really enjoy the playoffs if teams can get healthy. With Houston missing Chandler and Capella, and Dallas without LD, KP did exactly what he was supposed to do tonight.
Grapesoda2525
Schedule is really light for mavs coming up except for the Pacers.

They should be able to tread water while luka is out. Hopefully at least go .500
cpawka
t - cam said:

cpawka said:

Porzingis has 7 inches on the tallest person on the floor for the rockets & refuses to attack the rim. It's just mind boggling

Do you still feel this way? He was fantastic tonight.

I did. Too bad he won't be facing another lineup where nobody on the floor is within 8 inches from him.
t - cam
AG
cpawka said:

t - cam said:

cpawka said:

Porzingis has 7 inches on the tallest person on the floor for the rockets & refuses to attack the rim. It's just mind boggling

I did. Too bad he won't be facing another lineup where nobody on the floor is within 8 inches from him.

Stick to your guns buddy.

PatAg
AG
A friend texted me this

"When KP is in a suit, he looks like a vampire who is trying to hide the fact that he's a vampire, but is doing a really bad job of it"
PatAg
AG
cpawka said:

t - cam said:

cpawka said:

THen he will just rain 3's on them and place the rim off limits when he is on defense.
dave94
AG
Get Broekhoff out of there, he's been god awful tonight
dave94
AG
dave94 said:

Get Broekhoff out of there, he's been god awful tonight

I inspired him to finally make a shot!
94chem
43 year old Vince Carter logged 24 minutes tonight. Lotta respect for the old Tar Heel.
dave94
AG
He made some shots like he was still in his 20's
Seven Costanza
AG
94chem said:

43 year old Vince Carter logged 24 minutes tonight. Lotta respect for the old Tar Heel.

Part of me thinks it's great that he enjoys playing and being a teammate so much that he has continued to play at this age despite not needing the money, but another part of me thinks it's a little sad that he can't move on when he's been a shell of himself for nearly 10 years now. I would feel different about it if he were contributing to a title contender or something, but he's been a bench player on bad teams the last few years.

He has played in 4 separate decades now. I'll have to look to see who else has done that. Edit: he's the only one.
M.C. Swag
AG
Seven Costanza said:

94chem said:

Part of me thinks it's great that he enjoys playing and being a teammate so much that he has continued to play at this age despite not needing the money, but another part of me thinks it's a little sad that he can't move on when he's been a shell of himself for nearly 10 years now. I would feel different about it if he were contributing to a title contender or something, but he's been a bench player on bad teams the last few years.

He has played in 4 separate decades now. I'll have to look to see who else has done that. Edit: he's the only one.

It's crazy that he and Dirk were the same draft class.
Seven Costanza
AG
That was a great draft class. I was in high school at the time and remember having a computer class with a good internet connection (as opposed to the useless dial-up at home), so I was able to look up the draft projections during class. And that was back when I knew all the players. Mike Bibby, Raef LaFrentz, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, Robert Traylor, Miles Simon, Michael Dickerson, etc. Now I basically don't watch any college basketball and more or less have no idea who any of the guys in the draft are.
94chem
The 1997 semifinal between UNC and Arizona had Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Shammond Williams, Michael Dickerson, Jason Terry, Miles Simon, and Mike Bibby.
Spaceship
AG
College basketball was so much better back then.
mavsfan4ever
AG
KP!!! It's crazy how much better he is without Luka.

Great win.
awrollins
That right there is an extremely solid win. KP is on a roll right now!
Seven Costanza
AG
Crazy way-too-early-for-this thought, but would you consider trading KP for someone of equal value if this trend were to continue (great without Luka, shaky goodish with Luka)? If so, what is equal value?
TDub
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Crazy way-too-early-for-this thought, but would you consider trading KP for someone of equal value if this trend were to continue (great without Luka, shaky goodish without Luka)? If so, what is equal value?

Absolutely not. At some point Luka and KP are going to get it figured out and when they do it's going to be great
mavsfan4ever
AG
No way. He's stilll very valuable on defense when he's not scoring. And I don't think it's a KP problem as much as it's the fact that it will be hard for any great players to play great when paired with Luka bc Luka is so ball dominant and everything runs through him.

I think I mentioned this a while back, but How Luka affects other players sort of reminds me of lebron. Lebron always made role players much better. But great players didn't mesh very well with him and didn't put up great numbers. I think Luka May be similar. So it will likely be hard for anyone to put up great numbers with Luka.

Not knocking Luka. Just pointing out that other great players may be forced to take s back seat and their numbers may suffer.
Seven Costanza
AG
Given KP's injury history, how would you like Sabonis next to Luka as an alternative?
True Anomaly
AG
No on the KP trade. I think tonight proves how valuable he is when Luka is off the court, and I also agree that he and Luka will figure out how to play together. I mean, half the season either one of them hasn't played- need more time to figure out a solid combination
t - cam
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Given KP's injury history, how would you like Sabonis next to Luka as an alternative?

What else do you get in that trade?

DannyDuberstein
AG
They've played in the ballpark of 33-35 games together and with KP coming off the long layoff, this pair needs a lot more time before any conclusion can be drawn. One thing I can see for sure is that even when KP isn't putting up #'s, his presence on the floor adds a lot of value
Seven Costanza
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

They've played in the ballpark of 33-35 games together and with KP coming off the long layoff, this pair needs a lot more time before any conclusion can be drawn. One thing I can see for sure is that even when KP isn't putting up #'s, his presence on the floor adds a lot of value
I agree. I haven't really formed an opinion about it one way or the other. Just looking at how I may feel about it if the scenario is still the same after, let's say next season. Or the season after that.
TDub
AG
Grapesoda2525

I told you guys earlier in the thread. Players who go to the west coast and win championships get massive egos. They literally think they're too good to play for a non LA / west coast/ Miami type team.

The Mavericks should still think about trading for him if all they have to give up is Courtney lee's expiring deal and golden states 2nd rounder which is actually a de facto 1st round pick at this point. At least maybe they could keep him away from Lebron or Kawhi. We might be forced to play an LA team in the first round of the playoffs. I really hope not tho.
Post removed:
by user
Grapesoda2525
MyNameIsKyle said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I told you guys earlier in the thread. Players who go to the west coast and win championships get massive egos. They literally think they're too good to play for a non LA / west coast/ Miami type team.

The Mavericks should still think about trading for him if all they have to give up is Courtney lee's expiring deal and golden states 2nd rounder which is actually a de facto 1st round pick at this point. At least maybe they could keep him away from Lebron or Kawhi. We might be forced to play an LA team in the first round of the playoffs. I really hope not tho.

What the hell? Either LA team beats Dallas in six with or without Iggy. Why give away assets if he's not going to play for you?
I'd still like to see it if we can't find a better trade or deal to make.

Players shouldn't be able to bully their way on to certain teams when they're under contract with another. Yeah iggy might fake an injury and go back to the warriors next year, but it's whatever.

I also wouldn't completely count the Mavericks out of any series if both doncic/ porzingis are healthy and Carlisle is coming up with the game plan. I still remember when the Mavericks took the spurs to 7 games in the first round a few years ago and after that the spurs pretty much crushed every other team they played on the way to the championship. We were by far their toughest opponent.
M.C. Swag
AG
No way id want Iggy for GS' second. He looked completely washed last year.

(Side note: Also that early second is oftentimes viewed as more valueable than a late first because a player drafted in the second rd isn't a guaranteed salary.)
Post removed:
by user
mavsfan4ever
AG
I don't want Iguadola in this locker room even if we didn't have to give up anything. Talk about killing team chemistry.
t - cam
AG
I don't think the mavs get involved unless he's outright waived.

EastSideAg2002
Smells like a Lamar Odom trap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.