***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,791 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Mavs are clubbing people.

We've already got 8 road wins!!! We only had 9 all of last year!

Enjoy this **** boys. We got a fun ass squad.
Grapesoda2525
They don't need to make any trades.

Just focus on winning games, going as deep as possible in the playoffs, drafting a good player or two, then sign a good free agent.

Free agents should want to come here now that we've finally given them a reason. Nobody wanted to play with an over the hill dirk.
hph6203
AG
Without comment:

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160945
dave94
AG
Spurs beat the Rockets in double OT. Love it.
dave94
AG
Harden 11-38 from the field. 24-24 from the line. It's ridiculous that he gets that many calls and yet the Rockets thread complains about him not getting a call on his last drive of the game that resulted in a charge.
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

Spurs beat the Rockets in double OT. Love it.
Spurs are probably better than their crappy record indicates. They gave mavs a scare in Dallas.
kill0509
AG
And without Aldridge...

Man, Harden scored 50 points and missed 16 3's!!! Torbush!
True Anomaly
AG
Not even sure what to think of this team anymore, except that amazingly they could be even better offensively than they have been once KP starts getting more consistent

Their defense has clearly gone up a couple notches in the last couple of weeks
dave94
AG
Can't remember a time when I HAVE to watch every single game because it's just so damn fun to see what he and this team can do. I feel like the excitement level is where it's never really been before.
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

Can't remember a time when I HAVE to watch every single game because it's just so damn fun to see what he and this team can do. I feel like the excitement level is where it's never really been before.
2010 playoff run?
hph6203
AG
dave94 said:

Harden 11-38 from the field. 24-24 from the line. It's ridiculous that he gets that many calls and yet the Rockets thread complains about him not getting a call on his last drive of the game that resulted in a charge.

Westbrook and Harden combined for 18/68, 5/26 from 3, 28/28 from the line and 69 points. Russ gets his triple double.
Grapesoda2525
Not mavs related but still hilarious none the less.

Grapesoda2525
Turns out the Mavericks have at least one fan in New Orleans.

dave94
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

dave94 said:

2010 playoff run?

Playoff runs of course. But I can't remember a time when every single regular season game is a stop down, gotta watch for me.
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

dave94 said:

2010 playoff run?

Playoff runs of course. But I can't remember a time when every single regular season game is a stop down, gotta watch for me.
I'll grant you that.

The 2010 regular season wasn't anything special. I remember it was a bunch of old guys coasting and winning games at the end.
PatAg
AG
dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

dave94 said:

2010 playoff run?

We got put out in the wilderness for a while, I feel the exact same way.
South Platte
M.C. Swag said:

Definitely been a fun start to the season. Even more fun to watch the changing of the guard for Texas NBA teams. It's only been 3 seasons but it seems like a lifetime ago when we were last in the playoffs.
True Anomaly
AG
dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

dave94 said:

2010 playoff run?

Dirk's regular-season MVP season 06-07? They won 67 damn games. That certainly was stop-down watching for me
dave94
AG
True Anomaly said:

dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

dave94 said:

2010 playoff run?

Dirk's regular-season MVP season 06-07? They won 67 damn games. That certainly was stop-down watching for me
That is true for sure!
mavsfan4ever
AG
I understand what Dave94 is saying. This season reminds me of the early, young years with Dirk, Nash and Finley. I think the regular season games are much more exciting and interesting for young teams that are on the rise than teams that are already legitimate contenders going into the season. So this year does feel more "must watch" in the regular season than even Dirk's MVP year. I can't wait to watch or attend every game, no matter who they are playing just to see if they are for real (I think they are) and how good they can actually be (I think they can be very good even this year).
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

M.C. Swag said:

Definitely been a fun start to the season. Even more fun to watch the changing of the guard for Texas NBA teams. It's only been 3 seasons but it seems like a lifetime ago when we were last in the playoffs.
This year is the first season that I've really kept up with the NBA league wide since 2014 or so. The warriors briefly killed my enthusiasm for the nba. I hated seeing Draymond green yelling at the refs every other trip down the floor, the refs being scared to eject him, and green winning titles.

It truly was an awful time to follow the NBA. I'm glad the warriors never got a 3 peat. I felt like they didn't deserve one after signing Durant. Durant going to GSW killed the competitive balance of the league and it was unwatchable, unless you lived on the west coast I guess.
MW03
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I understand what Dave94 is saying. This season reminds me of the early, young years with Dirk, Nash and Finley. I think the regular season games are much more exciting and interesting for young teams that are on the rise than teams that are already legitimate contenders going into the season. So this year does feel more "must watch" in the regular season than even Dirk's MVP year. I can't wait to watch or attend every game, no matter who they are playing just to see if they are for real (I think they are) and how good they can actually be (I think they can be very good even this year).

Yeah, this is the most early regular season basketball I've personally watched since 2001 or so.
NoahAg
hph6203 said:

dave94 said:

Westbrook and Harden combined for 18/68, 5/26 from 3, 28/28 from the line and 69 points. Russ gets his triple double.
Not to mention the minutes. 48 and 49, respectively. Meanwhile Luka balls out for 28 and gets to rest for the second half of the back to back.
True Anomaly
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

M.C. Swag said:

This year is the first season that I've really kept up with the NBA league wide since 2014 or so. The warriors briefly killed my enthusiasm for the nba. I hated seeing Draymond green yelling at the refs every other trip down the floor, the refs being scared to eject him, and green winning titles.

It truly was an awful time to follow the NBA. I'm glad the warriors never got a 3 peat. I felt like they didn't deserve one after signing Durant. Durant going to GSW killed the competitive balance of the league and it was unwatchable, unless you lived on the west coast I guess.
Agree to disagree. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching league-wide storylines over the past 6 years. Could also have co-incided with getting season tickets at that time
Carlo4
AG
Shooting 61% after 3 quarters on 2 pt FG.
Shooting 15% after 3 quarters on 3 pt FG.

So let's shoot some shots closer to the rim.
Danny Vermin
Our bench is absolutely incredible most nights.
Danny Vermin
Double post.
hph6203
AG
Hopefully Powell is alright, he was starting to put it together.
awrollins
Great team win tonight. Other guys are going to have to step up when Luka has an off night like tonight. Great to see JB get some meaningful minutes and capitalize on them!
awrollins
Great team win tonight! Hope Dwight is ok
dave94
AG
Gutsy comeback and win tonight. Clutch action from Brunson in the 4th.
TheMasterplan
awrollins said:

X-rays negative. Left arm contusion.
hph6203
AG
awrollins said:

X-Rays were negative, so shouldn't be out TOO long.

Good thing, because he seems to be figuring it out now.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Loved Brunson playing clutch time tonight. I hope we do that more often. If we played him more it would also allow Luka to rest a little every now and then on offense. I bet we do that more towards the end of the year and in playoffs.

Another good win. Bench was great.

It's crazy how good the atmosphere is at the AAC on a random Wednesday night. Can't wait for playoffs. It should be insane.
Grapesoda2525
2 more crappy teams coming in.

Should be wins, but you never know for sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.