***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,782 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
True Anomaly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Real test starts Sunday against the Rockets
hph6203
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Haha I never said I wanted him fired. I said he had terrible end game management that cost us games. Luckily we don't have to worry about that when we when by 40+.
If your analysis of end game strategy is as strong as the way you end sentences then I'm not sure you have a whening method.
PatAg
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Haha I never said I wanted him fired. I said he had terrible end game management that cost us games. Luckily we don't have to worry about that when we when by 40+.
was a bad opinion then, and it's a bad opinion now
Seven Costanza
AG
Has an NBA team ever won back to back games by more than 40 points? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I'm assuming it's happened before.

Tough week coming up. Houston, LAC, and a surprisingly decent Phoenix.
M.C. Swag
AG
I'd imagine the Warriors have at some point
mavsfan4ever
AG
hph6203 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

If your analysis of end game strategy is as strong as the way you end sentences then I'm not sure you have a whening method.

Lol touch.

I give up. Apparently Texags won't let you say tou-che.
Seven Costanza
AG
Apparently these Sunday afternoon games are scheduled specifically for the European markets.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
I don't know if I've ever seen another team as mentally soft as the Rockets. Let's go Mavs.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Mavs are just a much better team than the Rockets. Good to see the Mavs start to click. Rockets have no depth and will be exposed in the playoffs.
True Anomaly
AG
Solid ****ing win. Makes me so happy to finally have a team that can compete legitimately . The Clippers will be another true test
NoahAg
I know it's still early in the season but what a turnaround for this organization. What we thought would maybe be an 8 seed is looking like a top 4 team.
2wealfth Man
AG
K Love would sure look awesome in a Mavs uniform. Too bad Horford never gave us a serious look.
chris1515
AG
I'm hoping this version of Hardaway is for real!
Post removed:
by user
True Anomaly
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

chris1515 said:

probably isn't, bc if it was, he'd be the greatest shooter ever. However, if he can just keep up the MUCH improved decision making, he can go from a liability to a legit nba starter. The guy has above avg athleticism, plays solid D, when focused, has decent handles, and has a beautifully efficient stroke. If he sticks with catch and shoot, and aggressive drives, he's the guy is thought he'd be. However, I don't trust it.
I don't trust it either- he's too streaky. I still want him on the bench unit, and keep Dodo and Seth on the starting rotation.

Of course if THJ comes out on Tuesday and drops another 20 on the Clippers, that'll likely solidify his starting spot for a while. Which ultimately I think won't work
Grapesoda2525
I wonder if the officials will be ready and willing to bail out another LA team at the AAC?
PatAg
AG
True Anomaly said:

MyNameIsKyle said:

chris1515 said:

probably isn't, bc if it was, he'd be the greatest shooter ever. However, if he can just keep up the MUCH improved decision making, he can go from a liability to a legit nba starter. The guy has above avg athleticism, plays solid D, when focused, has decent handles, and has a beautifully efficient stroke. If he sticks with catch and shoot, and aggressive drives, he's the guy is thought he'd be. However, I don't trust it.
I don't trust it either- he's too streaky. I still want him on the bench unit, and keep Dodo and Seth on the starting rotation.

Of course if THJ comes out on Tuesday and drops another 20 on the Clippers, that'll likely solidify his starting spot for a while. Which ultimately I think won't work
Seth hasnt been getting it done this year, imo.
Guitarsoup
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Big test tonight.

Clippers have the best roster (when healthy) from top to bottom. They'll have multiple guys that can check Luka.

This is the type of game KP needs to dominate to relieve some pressure from Luka (who will be harassed non stop by PBev with help from Kawhi or PG).
Grapesoda2525
Guitarsoup said:

A lot of people in the area probably don't know it, but the stars are actually the hottest team in town right now.

Mavs are a close second tho.
South Platte
Grapesoda2525 said:

A lot of people in the area probably don't know it, but the stars are actually the hottest team in town right now.

So they started off 1-7-1 and are now 15-8-2. I'm not really a hockey guy, but is this type of run unprecedented in the NHL?
True Anomaly
AG
I'm definitely not ready for these god-awful City Edition jerseys tonight

True Anomaly
AG
City Edition rankings

Mavs rank 29 out of 30. The only reason they didn't rank lower was because Memphis is the only team not doing a city edition jersey
MW03
AG
they are growing on me as a novelty
MW03
AG
Also, the spurs, bucks, and wizards versions are all so much worse
Danny Vermin
South Platte said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

So they started off 1-7-1 and are now 15-8-2. I'm not really a hockey guy, but is this type of run unprecedented in the NHL?

Not unprecedented but it's insane how one period changed the trajectory of the team. Most people think the coach and/or the gm were getting fired that night if they lost. It's pretty remarkable how things changed so fast and even more amazing is they have kept it going in mostly dominating fashion.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bob Sturm is my leader as well.
Guitarsoup
AG
True Anomaly said:

I'm definitely not ready for these god-awful City Edition jerseys tonight

I think you could buy that at Sub Urban in GTA: San Andreas
chris1515
AG
I hate the font on the Mavs "city" jersey and the court...but...I like the color scheme! Looks cool on tv.
dave94
AG
chris1515 said:

I hate the font on the Mavs "city" jersey and the court...but...I like the color scheme! Looks cool on tv.

The color scheme is waaaaay too Seahawks. Did Russ get drafted by the Mavs too? Ha
Seven Costanza
AG
If the entire jersey was dark blue with the neon green, and with a normal script, it would look pretty cool.
awrollins
Well, that kind of shooting was bound to happen at some point. Even Luka was chucking up bricks
True Anomaly
AG
Except for the font, the jerseys and court look great in person
True Anomaly
AG
awrollins said:

Well, that kind of shooting was bound to happen at some point. Even Luka was chucking up bricks

Live by the 3, die by the 3
PatAg
AG
These jerseys suck. It's crazy they paid for these, when there were at least 5-6 created by free-lancers for fun essentially

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.