***Official 2019-2020 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

189,806 Views | 2280 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by M.C. Swag
Griffle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I stand by my request that the Mavs market this team as The European Union.
Grapesoda2525
Griffle said:

Brad Townsend reporting Mavs will get Dragic.
Are we out on Beverley now?
Griffle
Would have to be, right? Unless Brunson is traded...and I hope that doesn't happen.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Have to be out on Beverly if we got dragic
Grapesoda2525
That's unfortunate.

I guess the Klay Thompson's of the world will continue to drop 3's on us at will.
Agnzona
I have a signed Dragic Ball I got in Phoenix....if he signs with the Mavs will sell it...
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
rsf0626
Skin wade is saying we're still in on Pat Bev despite trading for Dragic
mavsfan4ever
AG
Dragic was 4th in dfg% last year. Yes please.

What's the contract situation?
Guitarsoup
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Dragic was 4th in dfg% last year. Yes please.

What's the contract situation?
One year left at 19mm. So ending contract.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Friend just said we didn't get dragic after all. That's what Townsend just tweeted.

And Marc stein
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

Friend just said we didn't get dragic after all. That's what Townsend just tweeted.

And Marc stein
Looks like Miami just salary dumped a few scrubs to us.

What are we doing? Lol
flashplayer
AG
Oops. Kelly Olynk and some other scrub
Olsen
AG
Quote:

Sources: Goran Dragic was not included as part of Miami/Dallas deal framework. He remains in Miami.

I wonder why Shams deleted this tweet?
Grapesoda2525
Not impressed so far.

I can probably predict what will happen going forward.

It doesn't matter where Leonard goes because Danny Green will either stay in Toronto, the bulls will overpay for him, or he will sign with an LA team for less money.

Beverley will be signed by an LA team even tho we offer more money.

I wish Cuban would bring in a real GM to run the team. Donnie Nelson must have the charisma of a stump, he can't convince anyone to come here on their own free will. Our best assets, porzingis and doncic were both acquired via trade.
Guitarsoup
AG
I could see Green going to the Knicks or Nets. He's from Long Island.
Grapesoda2525
We actually drafted Kelly olynyk. We picked him while we were doing a salary dump or trading down during a prior nba draft. If we didn't want him as a rookie, why on earth would we want him now?

Very perplexing moves by the front office so far.
Guitarsoup
AG
Kelly Onylnkcycnk with 2y24mm left
Derrick Jones with unguaranteed minimum contract

rsf0626
I know its only day 1 of free agency, but it seems like Donnie Nelson severely miscalculated the landscape of the market. Getting KP is good and all but total misses on everything else. Better have something else up their sleeve
Grapesoda2525
rsf0626 said:

I know its only day 1 of free agency, but it seems like Donnie Nelson severely miscalculated the landscape of the market. Getting KP is good and all but total misses on everything else. Better have something else up their sleeve
It's well known that KP was on board for months.

All they've really done is accept a few players Miami didn't want.
M.C. Swag
AG
The Mavs had about half a dozen realistic moves that would have been palatable. Never In my wildest, mushroom-induced fever dreams, could I imagine a scenario where Dallas agreed to facilitate a Miami trade by playing the role of "Dump Team." **** all this *****
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Not impressed so far.

It doesn't matter where Leonard goes because Danny Green will either stay in Toronto, the bulls will overpay for him, or he will sign with an LA team for less money.

I wish Cuban would bring in a real GM to run the team. Donnie Nelson must have the charisma of a stump, he can't convince anyone to come here on their own free will. Our best assets, porzingis and doncic were both acquired via trade.

Porzingis May have been dealt to Dallas via trade but he didn't have to sign a 5 year deal today. We weren't even on his radar when he demanded the trade from the Knicks. For whatever reason, Dallas seems like a place that players don't appreciate until they spend time here.
mavsfan4ever
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
Agreed this is pathetic.
mavsfan4ever
AG
There are a lot of things to be upset at but signing porzingis is not one of them.
investorAg83
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

There are a lot of things to be upset at but signing porzingis is not one of them.

Who's upset about that?
Grapesoda2525
investorAg83 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Not impressed so far.

Porzingis May have been dealt to Dallas via trade but he didn't have to sign a 5 year deal today. We weren't even on his radar when he demanded the trade from the Knicks. For whatever reason, Dallas seems like a place that players don't appreciate until they spend time here.
I don't count porzingis as a big free agent catch. I just don't.

We acquired him via trade and he was hanging out with the team last season. It's totally different then pitching some guy on your team, selling your self, and convincing them to join up.
Grapesoda2525

Mavs need to shake up that front office.
Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525
Apparently the mavs and heat are fighting over the inclusion of Derrick jones. Mavs want him. Heat want to keep him.

Deal might be nixed. I'm hoping it is.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Maybe I misunderstood you but your post made it seem like you were. You said we didn't have to sign him to a 5 year deal today.

Edit: I get what you're saying now. I thought you were saying we didn't need to sign him. But you were saying he didn't have to sign here, as in he liked it and wanted to sign here.
Guitarsoup
AG
You want to dump a salary, you gotta include a sweetener. That's how it works, Miami.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Apparently the mavs and heat are fighting over the inclusion of Derrick jones. Mavs want him. Heat want to keep him.

Yea I've heard it's off. I can only hope.
Grapesoda2525
mavsfan4ever said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Yea I've heard it's off. I can only hope.
It still doesn't give me a good feeling that they've wasted the first night on this garbage trade.
fightinags2013
AG
Wow. What a bat **** crazy night.

Josh Bowe on Twitter-
"Conspiracy theory time!

The Mavericks wanted Dragic and the deal was set. Mavs got whiff of something else they'd rather have and pulled out of the deal.

To save face with Dragic and Bill Duffy, Mavs say the deal was never about Dragic and about Olynyk and Jones."

I actually buy that. If you want to read the tea leaves.... Maybe this recent D'Angelo Russel to GSW thing might put Draymond in play... mabye this steaming pile of crap could still turn to gold...
Guitarsoup
AG
Draymond is only making 18mm. Don't see GSW making him available unless absolutely necessary and they are going to ask for a lot back for him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.